No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Also the background resembles a harbour

Could be inside this place they used in Jamaica doubling for Cuba.

Lah0XpX.jpg
    wcanJdj.jpg
    AxJPaJN.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    vdoHI4X.jpg
    I imagine this scene takes place after the shootout in Cuba. Look at how battered he seems. And the bow tie... #-o

I do think his suit doesn't look like it fits in that shot.
    Contraband wrote: »

Lah0XpX.jpg
    wcanJdj.jpg
    AxJPaJN.jpg

Could be. I remember the last pic doubling for Cuba with that 'viva la revolución' murales.
    Do you know if they did shoot the night scenes (i.e. the seaplane taking off/boat sinking) in Jamaica too?
    mtm wrote: »
    vdoHI4X.jpg
    I imagine this scene takes place after the shootout in Cuba. Look at how battered he seems. And the bow tie... #-o

I do think his suit doesn't look like it fits in that shot.

The consequence of all the fighting stuff, I presume. Like the ivory dinner jacket in Spectre after battling with Hinx😁
    Contraband wrote: »

Lah0XpX.jpg
    wcanJdj.jpg
    AxJPaJN.jpg

Could be. I remember the last pic doubling for Cuba with that 'viva la revolución' murales.
    Do you know if they did shoot the night scenes (i.e. the seaplane taking off/boat sinking) in Jamaica too?

Yep, they shot the boat explosion near the coastline of Port Antonio. Superclose to homes, etc. I have somewhere a night still with Cary sitting on a beach with the monitor, following the mayhem.
  • Stark wrote: »
    New interview of Fukunaga in the French magazine "La septième obsession".
    For him, the character of Madeleine Swann was not sufficiently developed in Spectre, he wanted to make her relationship with Bond more credible.
    He wrote night and day, the film contains a total of between 180 and 200 scenes.
    The supporting characters who impressed him the most in No Time to Die are Q, M, and Bill Tanner.

Music to my ears.
    image-1.jpg
    Not of the best quality, but with a little of movie magic, the entire shot from the graveyard
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Outstanding photos but I’m still not crazy for that suit.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    That’s a Massimo Alba suit. Craig is super in love with Alba in real life so that’s perhaps the reason why it’s featured in the film. I actually like it, it’s something different, especially since Matera will be kinda of a mini film inside the film.
    I actually agree with you. It's something different from what Bond is used to wear; after all he's spending his retirement with Madeleine, so doesn't need to be suited and booted like he normally would be.
    Furthermore, and I speak as an Italian, it's good to see Bond wearing Italian designers garments while spending time in Italy (i.e. Brunello Cucinelli and Massimo Alba)
  • I wasn't a huge fan of the suit initially and I'm not sure it's something I'd wear personally but I think it blends well with the earthy palate of the Matera sequence. I do like that they've done a little something different with Bond's wardrobe in NTTD, I quite enjoy seeing Craig's Bond in casual wear and he seems to spend more time in it in NTTD than any of the previous outings.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I actually agree with you. It's something different from what Bond is used to wear; after all he's spending his retirement with Madeleine, so doesn't need to be suited and booted like he normally would be.
    Furthermore, and I speak as an Italian, it's good to see Bond wearing Italian designers garments while spending time in Italy (i.e. Brunello Cucinelli and Massimo Alba)

+1!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yeah I quite like that more casual Alba suit.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I like the suit a lot as well. I don't know if I'd want to wear the exact suit here, but it's definitely inspired me towards a tan suit.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    The thing that makes that suit great is Craig is wearing it, and he looks damn good in it 😏.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited October 2020 Posts: 4,548
    I wasn't a huge fan of the suit initially and I'm not sure it's something I'd wear personally but I think it blends well with the earthy palate of the Matera sequence. I do like that they've done a little something different with Bond's wardrobe in NTTD, I quite enjoy seeing Craig's Bond in casual wear and he seems to spend more time in it in NTTD than any of the previous outings.

+1
    The thing that makes that suit great is Craig is wearing it, and he looks damn good in it 😏.

another +1
    I like the lighter color but prefer the lines , and fabrics of various linen suits worn by Lazenby, Brosnan and Craig.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I think it's a fantastic suit. Looks great for the location, he seems to fit well in it too which I can't say about the overly tight Mendes suits. Don't worry I think there are plenty of problems with some of the other wardrobe stuff from NTTD, but this is just not one of them. Great tie too.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    The only costume of his I'm a bit iffy about is the green coat in Norway.
    The biggest problem there is the tie with the button down shirt. That's just not done.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Denbigh wrote: »

Yeah, It is odd. I like it on its own, but it seems out of place for Bond. I sometimes wonder if it's a coat he stumbles upon and takes (like the black jacket taken from Slate's room in QoS) as opposed to one he has already.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2020 Posts: 14,861

Yes. I'm still struggling with that one. Maybe it'll grow on me in a few years but the slightly not-one-thing-nor-the-other style of it coupled with a t-shirt just reminds me of Michael Biehn in Terminator! :)
    All of of his other outfits in it look great I think.

Yes. I'm still struggling with that one. Maybe it'll grow on me in a few years but the slightly not-one-thing-nor-the-other style of it coupled with a t-shirt just reminds me of Michael Biehn in Terminator! :)

As someone stated earlier, I would think that it’s something he grabbed literally off the rack, someone else’s rack. It serves the story.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    talos7 wrote: »

As someone stated earlier, I would think that it’s something he grabbed literally off the rack, someone else’s rack. It serves the story.

Maybe, but it's James Bond: when he grabs something off the rack it looks good on him! :)
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I’m not so sure about that because it seems like he arrives in Norway wearing the jacket. He can be seen wearing it driving the Vantage & standing beside the Vantage as well.
    talos7 wrote: »

Maybe, but it's James Bond: when he grabs something off the rack it looks good on him! :)

Truth be told, I don’t dislike it. In another post I said that the “Bridge Sequence “ had a Sergio Leone vibe to it . This coat has a similar feel.
    Hey if Rog could wear a poncho ...
    Sorry too much posts and can't find the exact one. Could you share the Zimmer tracks extracted from the NTTD podcast released before the delaying?
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Sorry too much posts and can't find the exact one. Could you share the Zimmer tracks extracted from the NTTD podcast released before the delaying?

@Red_Snow (and everyone else of course):

In the latest episode of the Screen Australia podcast, Australian expat Madeline Miller shares her experience working on brand partnerships in the latest #JamesBond film. She also breaks down the differences between the US and Australian screen industries and gives her advice for Australians looking to explore the brand collaboration space.

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/madeline-miller-on-brand-partnerships/id1342998466?i=1000494537816