No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I called it!!!
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I don’t think so. The soundtrack titles more or less debunks this.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    edited October 2020 Posts: 8,000
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

That is unless they do what Marvel has done with their movies like CIVIL WAR where they play the Norway sequence BEFORE the studio logos and gun barrel.

Call it a pre-pre-title.
  • WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming

That is unless they do what Marvel has done with their movies like CIVIL WAR where they play the Norway sequence BEFORE the studio logos and gun barrel.

Call it a pre-pre-title.

That's a great shout and would work much better. I like that idea.

Have a cold opening then the the studio logos and gunbarrel.
    octofinger wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Regal Cinemas are going out of business here in the US and AMC is struggling to hang on. I dont even know if will have movie theaters here come 2021.

This was my #1 concern about delaying to spring.

"Well then," to quote M, "we're all buggered."

To put it another way, this is how I would game it out if I'm EON. We delay to April. By then, there are two possibilities. Things have recovered enough for us to go for a traditional wide release and count on solid box office. In which case . . . hooray! Or #2, by April nothing has got better, theatres have shuttered and the movie business needs to rebuild itself from the ground up.

If the latter, "we're all buggered anyway." It will be a complete rethink, we'll get together with other studio heads and maybe talk about buying some cinemas, or bargain collectively with the streaming services to come up with some innovative way to doing online releases, or something, but . . . it's all bets off by then.

It's a risky gambit, but the upside is high.

I ruled out the first possibility 3 months ago.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I like my gunbarrel right at the beginning but I'm a fan of cold opens, too. Hopefully it plays out well.
    Regal Cinemas are going out of business here in the US and AMC is struggling to hang on. I dont even know if will have movie theaters here come 2021.

To put it another way, this is how I would game it out if I'm EON. We delay to April. By then, there are two possibilities. Things have recovered enough for us to go for a traditional wide release and count on solid box office. In which case . . . hooray! Or #2, by April nothing has got better, theatres have shuttered and the movie business needs to rebuild itself from the ground up.

If the latter, "we're all buggered anyway." It will be a complete rethink, we'll get together with other studio heads and maybe talk about buying some cinemas, or bargain collectively with the streaming services to come up with some innovative way to doing online releases, or something, but . . . it's all bets off by then.

I think there is a strong case to be made that if theaters are still in trouble by April a streaming option for NTTD could save face and the 3rd wave of advertising. Personally, I do not want to see it streamed and would hold out for a special screening or revival theater showing of the film if it went to streaming.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    imranbecks wrote: »
    Seeing as we won't be seeing anything new from the movie till around February or March of next year, I'm hoping for someone to compile all the clips we have seen thus far be it from the trailers, tv spots, music video etc, arrange it in order and we'll probably get a few minutes of a mini NTTD movie :))

Someone already has!

The scene where Bond meets Felix in the car from the "Global James Bond Day"-spot is missing.
    Probably because the video was edited before last monday.
    Oh, yes ! Perhaps Bond declined when Felix asked him, in the bar at night, to help out, then thinks it over, and figures, "oh well, I've done plenty of spear-fishing for the past few years", then finds Felix the next day to say "well ok count me in !" Even without it being included, the assembled promotional bits of film which have been all put together came out BRILLIANTLY ! It's a good long "trailer" !
  • Walecs wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    00Heaven wrote: »
    Some of the reactions towards COVID in this thread make me frown and despair. I feel personally upset and offended because a number of close friends of mine have lost people to this dreadful disease. I've not seen them since December last year and it brings me down. All I've had to comfort them is WhatsApp and other various means. Yes, it's off-topic but the disrespect astounds me and I feel anger just bubbling away in me because I know people personally who have been deeply hurt by this and yet ignorance and conspiracy causes people to deny it.

Gotta say it before I'm accused of being some kind of government paid off shill. So sad. I don't know what to feel about it. I'm angry because I know they would give anything to have their family back...

Sorry guys. I thought I'd express it. Wrong thread. But it was brought up and it's been upsetting me since I read the post.

I didn't read any disrespectful post.

Laughable from Walecs that called me "an idiot" in March because I criticized his view that he'd rather infect other people and see NTTD in April 2020 than see it postponed. Over 40k have died in the UK since you called me "an idiot "
    PS I still keep your abusive email as a reminder of how small minded people can be.

Except that's not what I said. Back then you said that I wasn't entitled to complain about NTTD being delayed because "there are worse problems in the world" which is absurd as I'm entitled to complain about anything I want. It's a Bond forum, of couse I'm going to talk about Bond. Also I'm not ignorant about "world' s worse problems" since I weekly donate to associations who take care about environment and starving kids.
    Your whataboutism is a logical fallacy, hence you are an idiot for being illogical and suggesting that I don't care about worse problems only because I said that I was sad that Bond was delayed is frankly insulting.

As for "infecting other people by going to the movie theatres":
    1. I had already had Covid at the beginning of the year and I recovered, meaning I no longer had it and I would infect no one.
    2. Even I were infected and I infected other people at the movie theatres, it's only their fault, not mine. It's not like I'm going to someone's house and force them to breathe my own oxygen so that they can get infected. If you're going to the movies it's your fault if you decide to accept the risk and get exposed to the virus.

So really, please go on with your moronic statements you Mod Edit and tell me that I was disrespectful about dead people.
    Hopefully I'll be banned for using the F word so I will no longer have to deal with idiots like you who have to retort to logIcal fallacies in order to win an argument.

😁
    delfloria wrote: »

I think there is a strong case to be made that if theaters are still in trouble by April a streaming option for NTTD could save face and the 3rd wave of advertising. Personally, I do not want to see it streamed and would hold out for a special screening or revival theater showing of the film if it went to streaming.

In all honesty that's exactly what I thought the situation would be now, but they clearly could afford a second delay!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    A nice little edit there, although I personally think the scene between Safin and Madeleine with him giving her the mask from her past, will be after her and Bond's reunion and Blofeld's interrogation. I think she might even be wearing the same clothes in that scene. It makes you question why he doesn't take her then? Or maybe he does? Who knows?
  • StarkStark France
    Kevin Ulrich negotiates an agreement to sell the MGM. He cited Amazon, Apple, Comcast and Facebook as possible buyers.

"A person close to Anchorage said Mr. Ulrich believes MGM is a more-attractive asset because it hasn’t released “No Time to Die,” giving a buyer control over its launch and distribution."

https://wsj.com/articles/its-no-time-to-die-for-hedge-fund-manager-ulrichs-big-james-bond-bet-11602408601?reflink=e2twmkts
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I like my gunbarrel right at the beginning but I'm a fan of cold opens, too. Hopefully it plays out well.

I must have missed something. Is it not at the beginning?
  • ToTheRight wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I must have missed something. Is it not at the beginning?

It seems like it may be between the opening Norway sequence and Matera.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Contraband wrote: »
    I know someone on here already mentioned this, but I rewatched the music video & I’m wondering if maybe Safin does commit suicide, judging by Bond’s reaction.

The brief scene they show takes place in the same room where Bond is kneeling before Safin. But his face in the music video is of clear frustration before he turns around to find Madeline behind him.

So either Safin kills himself, or he somehow escapes that room before Bond shoots the guards.

This is exactly what I suggested. It’s written all over Bond’s face - says it all really (that and there might also be a ticking cloak to get out of there. Plus Safin does say “my skills will survive long after I’m gone” like it’s a foregone clonclusion that he’s decided on.

Exactly. But, then again, we have those pictures of Safin aiming a hand gun, and there’s also the one of him pointing it at someone in his garden with his hair looking a little disheveled. So I’m hoping there is a real tense final confrontation between him & Bond, and he doesn’t just off himself.

Could there be clones of Safin in the plot? Or is just some deadly virus thing?

Let's say Bond kills Safin in that chamber, only to be confronted with the real Safin in the garden or elsewhere

I've been leaning towards this theory for a very long time now, and I will be really excited to see it play out when we do get to watch NTTD
  • jabalijabali Los Angeles
    Would the gunbarrel at that point make sense if
    The call sheets described Madeline having a vision of Safin and resurfacing from the ocean in Italy with Bond? I think editing it that way would be clunky, though I do like the idea of a cold open.

But Zimmer's track has to be the opening, the strings wouldn't be fitting for Madeline under the ice and the studio logos would be bizarre if we're supposedly cutting back to her in the sea.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    jabali wrote: »
    Would the gunbarrel at that point make sense if
    The call sheets described Madeline having a vision of Safin and resurfacing from the ocean in Italy with Bond? I think editing it that way would be clunky, though I do like the idea of a cold open.

But Zimmer's track has to be the opening, the strings wouldn't be fitting for Madeline under the ice and the studio logos would be bizarre if we're supposedly cutting back to her in the sea.

I think we begin with the Norway scene then go to Madeleine, where it is revealed this is her vision. We then cut to Bond and Madeleine's romantic night at the hotel and then onto the Matera action scene at the grave, then the bridge then picking up Madeleine and dropping her off at the station.
    Stark wrote: »
    Kevin Ulrich negotiates an agreement to sell the MGM. He cited Amazon, Apple, Comcast and Facebook as possible buyers.

"A person close to Anchorage said Mr. Ulrich believes MGM is a more-attractive asset because it hasn’t released “No Time to Die,” giving a buyer control over its launch and distribution."

https://wsj.com/articles/its-no-time-to-die-for-hedge-fund-manager-ulrichs-big-james-bond-bet-11602408601?reflink=e2twmkts

Oh dear. That’s not good. Facebook? Christ, can you imagine if Facebook bought MGM?!?

Also, don’t Universal get a say in when NTTD comes out seeing as how they’re the actual distribution company? How would a new buyer have any input in that?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    TR007 wrote: »

Oh dear. That’s not good. Facebook? Christ, can you imagine if Facebook bought MGM?!?

Also, don’t Universal get a say in when NTTD comes out seeing as how they’re the actual distribution company? How would a new buyer have any input in that?

Streaming in the US and theatrical release internationally, perhaps. To me Apple sounds like the most reasonable option, if that happens, given their interest in developing high-end new contents for Apple TV+.
  • StarkStark France
    matt_u wrote: »

Streaming in the US and theatrical release internationally, perhaps. To me Apple sounds like the most reasonable option, if that happens, given their interest in developing high-end new contents for Apple TV+.

My dream is to see strict adaptations of the original novels on a streaming service. But correct me if I'm wrong, they couldn't do that without the agreement of EON. And I don't think Eon would agree to have a different Bond from the one in the film saga...

EON could allow spin-offs on Moneypenny or Leiter, but that doesn't interest me at all.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    matt_u wrote: »

My dream is to see strict adaptations of the original novels on a streaming service. But correct me if I'm wrong, they couldn't do that without the agreement of EON. And I don't think Eon would agree to have a different Bond from the one in the film saga...

Yes, Danjaq own the copyright to 'James Bond 007'. The BBC Radio series of adaptations had to be okayed by them, and I think they even had to give the nod to who was cast as Bond. Luckily they obviously had a relationship with Toby Stephens already which I believed helped the whole thing getting made.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 65
    The score for the gun barrel definitely has ominous music after. It’s going to be Safin walking through the snowy forrest.

There is no other scene save the attack on the building (which happens in the 5 years later section) that would start with sinister music.

STUDIO TITLES/GUNBARREL/LAKE/SEA/DRIVE/MATERA/TRAIN/TITLES
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Yeah I won't be surprised if the iris opens on this shot either.

No-Time-to-Die-tr-065.jpg
    Bad timing for the magazine. With the movie being pulled as late as last week they surely had no time to scramble for new content to replace this 007 coverage.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Denbigh wrote: »

My thoughts exactly
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Denbigh wrote: »

100%
    Bad timing for the magazine.

Good for us, however.