The New Bond Quarter-Frame Game

Comments

• Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    It's not TWINE either!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2020 Posts: 14,861
    The puzzling thing is that it seems to be a high angle shot from the ceiling but focused on something in the foreground, like a security camera maybe? But it rings no bells with me.

Is it maybe Die Another Day? Somewhere around the clinic bit?

I guess it's naughty to ask which quarter of the screen it is? ;)
    Tokoloshe2 wrote: »
    Might be more interesting if you just said "no" to a specific scene, rather than ruling out the whole film. It would be perfectly possible to guess the wrong scene from the right film!

Good point! It's a work in progress at the mo, I thought by confirming wrong films it would lead to the correct film more quickly - if someone picks the correct film but wrong scene I'll confirm the film is correct. The idea is that it (hopefully) won't take too long to narrow things down and so keep the game pretty quick. If people like it I'm certainly happy to tweak things as we go tho!

I don't see a problem with it dragging out a bit. We have several months to kill before NTTD anyway.
    Bravo @mtm yet again your keen eye has triumphed, it is indeed (the clue was the loose wire in the corner) the deactivated security camera in DAD

DADCamera.png
    That's the last of the pics I had prepared, but if we like the game I'm happy to prepare some more and carry it on for your delight or frustration! I'm starting to get a feel for the level of competition!

If you like we can try my not telling you if the film is right or not as well, and then you guys can let me know which you prefer.

And finally if anyone else wants to have a go at posting your own quarter please feel free to do so ... if not I'll be back in a day or two!
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    What site do you use to host the images, once you've cropped them?
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Great work by @mtm and thanks again for this new challenge @Max_The_Parrot. I'm not a winner here but it is fun anyway.

I liked it the way it was played, this way it doesn't go on for too long. I'm not a fan of games where we don't see any progress after a week. But I'm also fine if your hints are a bit less frequently.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Bravo @mtm yet again your keen eye has triumphed, it is indeed (the clue was the loose wire in the corner) the deactivated security camera in DAD

DADCamera.png

Wow! That was a total guess :D Thanks Max, great game.

I would post some but I only have the Bonds on Blu Ray and naturally my computer only has a DVD drive :) I'll see if I can give it try anyway.
  • WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming
    I'm loving this game.

Kudos to you @Max_The_Parrot for coming up with the idea :-bd
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Well I feel it's down to me really; I haven't tried to make this one too obscure so hopefully it should work.

Good luck!

Screengrab007-1.jpg

Films eliminated:
    Diamonds Are Forever
    You Only Live Twice
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    Can't really pin down the exact scene but it looks like something from DAF
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    R1s1ngs0n wrote: »
    Can't really pin down the exact scene but it looks like something from DAF

If it is from DAF, then probably Blofeld's machine/phone at the top of the Whyte House?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Diamonds Aren't Forever this time I'm afraid.
  • WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming
    edited October 2020 Posts: 294
    Is it Blofeld's control room in YOLO?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    You've drifted through the years and life seems tame, I'm afraid.
    Ah I've got it.

It's the cable car control room in MR
    Ah I've got it.

It's the cable car control room in MR

Bravo!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Out of this world! You got it @WillyGalore_Redux - it's Jaws' button-pushin' mate in the cable car control box (excuse the badly timed screenshot! He looks like he's really enjoying pressing that button)

Screengrab007-1answer.jpg

Is it winner stays on?
    Thanks @mtm. I knew I recognised the switches and lights but I couldn't quite place my finger on it at first ;)

I can't post photos off my phone so whoever wishes to start the next round, please feel free.
    Tokoloshe2 wrote: »
    What site do you use to host the images, once you've cropped them?

I use https://postimages.org/ they seem easy and reliable
    edited October 2020 Posts: 2,426
    Great stuff, thanks for taking up the mantle @mtm and keeping us going!! I'm still amazed how quickly people get these, I don't think I would have got any of them!

And yes, @goldenswissroyale is right, I wanted us to have some games that would play out quickly and not drag on, and which don't need lots of thought but you can just pop in and have a quick go, so let's keep things like they are and eliminate the film after each guess. You still need to get the right scene to claim the win. Rounds should go swiftly then.
    mtm wrote: »

Is it winner stays on?

As not everyone has the equipment to grab screenshots from the film, I'd rather it not be winner stays on, but how about the winner gets first choice if they do want to play a round themselves? If the winner doesn't post a new picture within 24 hours then I'm happy for someone to step in and start it off. Equally the winner can just say if they want someone else to play next.

I won't be keeping scores on who wins what, as I just want the game to be a bit of fun, nothing serious.

So well done again @WillyGalore_Redux - the floor is open to anyone (I'll sort a pic out tomorrow if no-one steps in)
    Deleted
    Think I've worked out how to do it.

Let's see if this works ok for you all.

Screenshot-2020-10-06-21-05-08.png
    The DB5 getting shot at by granny in GF ?
    You've missed the target with that I'm afraid.
    edited October 2020 Posts: 2,002
    You've missed the target with that I'm afraid.
    tenor.gif?itemid=9659828
    The meteorite from Spectre?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    The bathroom in TB when Fiona is having a bath?
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Think I've worked out how to do it.

Let's see if this works ok for you all.

Screenshot-2020-10-06-21-05-08.png

Fiona's bathroom in TB?
    Benny wrote: »
    The bathroom in TB when Fiona is having a bath?

Rub a dub dub. It is Fiona in the tub.
    We'll done @Benny.
    Hard lines @GoldenGun, you were pipped to the bath by @Benny. A wash with Fiona for the winner and a pair of slippers for the runner up 😉

Screenshot-2020-10-06-21-05-00.png