The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

slyfox wrote: »
    Villa scored already bye bye clean sheet

I really wanted to get a Liverpool def double-up on wildcard, but couldn't afford it. Bound to happen at some point though, but for now I'm fine with just Alexander-Arnold.

Same here when I saw them consede against Leeds I jumped off double defence. Defending this season is none existant so far, though Southampton had second clean sheet in a row.

Just after I dropped McCarthy they started keeping clean sheets! :))

I had Bednerak GW1, my GW1 team looks good on reflection lol

Same here, haha!*

*with a few exceptions

Had him too! Sold him before his clean sheets! Kept their keeper though.

I've decided to get Kane straight back into my squad. Werner has been disappointing so far and doesn't even take the Chelsea penalties so I've let him go. Spurs next four fixtures:

West Ham, Burnley, Brighton, West Brom

The Son and Kane partnership is looking immense. Has to be plenty of goals in those above games.

I just got in Kane, Son, DCL and Rodriguez

Nice. I have all of them so our teams will probably be quite similar.

I'm in Colombia at the mo and James Rodriguez is like a god to the people here. They show every Everton game on tv now, even if it's a 6.30am kick off and even showed their Cup match against Salford. I had him since the start and he's influenced every game so far. Just makes football look so effortless and easy. His vision is insane. Looking forward to the Liverpool game.

Rodriguez played under Ancelotti previously if I remember that will no doubt help, looks like Everton have built a team around him.

Yea at both Real Madrid and then Bayern on loan. Looks like a lot of synergy in the team. Pickford has been a bit wobbly at the back but very few keepers have shone so far this season.
    OMG, Villa!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2020 Posts: 23,105
    Wow 5-1 to Villa Barkley goal, at least United were down to ten men most of there debacle lol

@slyfox Everton been linked with Sergio Romero from us, good keeper if you get him.

Get in 5 - 2 Salah (C) gets second

Villa 6 - 2
    Wow 5-1 to Villa Barkley goal, at least United were down to ten men most of there debacle lol

@slyfox Everton been linked with Sergio Romero from us, good keeper if you get him.

Villa 6 - 2

Cool. Be interesting to see if they go for him. Technically I'm a Charlton Athletic fan but they're a long way from the Premier League! So I'm rooting for Everton in the top flight this year.

This season is just insane. No one could expect City drawing at Leeds, Spurs thumping United and... Villa scoring (at least) six against Liverpool! Easily the most exciting league in the world.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Villa 6 - 2

Cool. Be interesting to see if they go for him. Technically I'm a Charlton Athletic fan but they're a long way from the Premier League! So I'm rooting for Everton in the top flight this year.

This season is just insane. No one could expect City drawing at Leeds, Spurs thumping United and... Villa scoring (at least) six against Liverpool! Easily the most exciting league in the world.

It's like watching football from the 80's and 90's when top teams were not on it they could ship goals... 7 - 2 now Grealish gets second goal

Villa 6 - 2

It's like watching football from the 80's and 90's when top teams were not on it they could ship goals... 7 - 2 now Grealish gets second goal

Incredible match.

Villa 6 - 2

Incredible match.

Post Covid Football no crowds no pressure, some teams look like they are playing training matches and getting caught out.

Villa 6 - 2

Incredible match.

Post Covid Football no crowds no pressure, some teams look like they are playing training matches and getting caught out.

Indeed. Also makes FPL sooooo much more difficult to predict!

Villa 6 - 2

Incredible match.

I know I heard of Watkins from his exploits in the Championship though not in a million years would I think he would score a Hatrick against Liverpool. Villa could have had ten goals easy.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 940

Villa 6 - 2

Incredible match.

I know I heard of Watkins from his exploits in the Championship though not in a million years would I think he would score a Hatrick against Liverpool. Villa could have had ten goals easy.

If at half time (Villa 4 - Liverpool 1) you knew there would be four more goals in the second half you'd have probably thought Liverpool would make a comeback! What a weekend of football.

Seeing that game makes me wants to get Grealish in next! A bit like Rodriguez, so much of the play goes through him.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 17,241

Villa 6 - 2

Incredible match.

Watkins looked fantastic tonight!

I'm looking at a few transfers moves that includes Watkins right now, and if I pick him and Son before price changes, I can do some interesting transfers in upcoming gameweeks. It will likely force me to do the transfers with the internationals yet to happen though… :-?

Villa 6 - 2

Incredible match.

If at half time (Villa 4 - Liverpool 1) you knew there would be four more goals in the second half you'd have probably thought Liverpool would make a comeback! What a weekend of football.

Seeing that game makes me wants to get Grealish in next! A bit like Rodriguez, so much of the play goes through him.

Don't think I've seen Grealish play that well before!

Villa 6 - 2

Incredible match.

Grealish did look good he has been linked with United before as a possible replacement for Pogba at one point, right now he is far more effective than Pogba and he will rack up assists and goals for Villa.

Villa 6 - 2

Incredible match.

Grealish did look good he has been linked with United before as a possible replacement for Pogba at one point, right now he is far more effective than Pogba and he will rack up assists and goals for Villa.

True. They managed to tie him to a new contract a few weeks ago. Does he take their penalties too?

Villa 6 - 2

Incredible match.

True. They managed to tie him to a new contract a few weeks ago. Does he take their penalties too?

I think he does take pens and free kicks which is a bonus as an FPL asset.

Villa 6 - 2

Incredible match.

I think Villa suits Grealish as a club. It's interesting to think how he would do at a bigger club, but it's nice to see a player that doesn't just jump on the first and best offer.

Villa 6 - 2

Incredible match.

I think Villa suits Grealish as a club. It's interesting to think how he would do at a bigger club, but it's nice to see a player that doesn't just jump on the first and best offer.

It appears the availability and cheaper DVDB stopped the Grealish deal they wanted 60 million plus for him. Regarding Pogba I think now or soon is probably the right time to sell, unless he has an upturn. Though its looking as though Pogba and Bruno can't work in our current Ole formation. I am crying out for DVDB to start.

Villa 6 - 2

Incredible match.

It appears the availability and cheaper DVDB stopped the Grealish deal they wanted 60 million plus for him. Regarding Pogba I think now or soon is probably the right time to sell, unless he has an upturn. Though its looking as though Pogba and Bruno can't work in our current Ole formation. I am crying out for DVDB to start.

Grealish would have been a really expensive transfer, that's for sure. He was linked to Arsenal at some point too, I think – but Arsenal would have been less likely than United to pay a transfer fee like that. As for DVDB, why doesn't he start? Haven't seen much of United this season, but from what I've read, he's been decent when on the pitch.

Do you think Pogba is likely to stick around at United for long?

Villa 6 - 2

Incredible match.

Grealish would have been a really expensive transfer, that's for sure. He was linked to Arsenal at some point too, I think – but Arsenal would have been less likely than United to pay a transfer fee like that. As for DVDB, why doesn't he start? Haven't seen much of United this season, but from what I've read, he's been decent when on the pitch.

Ole seems obsessed to play the same 11 in the league which worked during restart though burnt the players out by the time the Europa League games restarted. Pogba is a talent though he is inconsistent, right now he is recovering from Covid so Ole playing him clearly unfit is bad IMO especially when DVDB is on the bench.

72 points (-8) could have been better if I did not sell Son though Captain Salah to the rescue. Robertson got - 1 :))

Looking at my team for the first time this season I am happy going into the next run of games, I do have a - 12 incoming though all being well that won't hurt too much.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 17,241

Villa 6 - 2

Incredible match.

Ole seems obsessed to play the same 11 in the league which worked during restart though burnt the players out by the time the Europa League games restarted. Pogba is a talent though he is inconsistent, right now he is recovering from Covid so Ole playing him clearly unfit is bad IMO especially when DVDB is on the bench.

72 points (-8) could have been better if I did not sell Son though Captain Salah to the rescue. Robertson got - 1 :))

Looking at my team for the first time this season I am happy going into the next run of games, I do have a - 12 incoming though all being well that won't hurt too much.

72 points is a great score even with a -8!

I'm on a red arrow with 42 points, down to a 4m overall rank. I've taken the gable on two early transfers – something I usually don't do (or recommend!). Should there be a few surprises before the next deadline, I'll have to rely on the bench or take additional hits.

Leagues are still being re-calculated, so I'll post the regular gameweek update later today.

Villa 6 - 2

Incredible match.

I'm on a red arrow with 42 points, down to a 4m overall rank. I've taken the gable on two early transfers – something I usually don't do (or recommend!). Should there be a few surprises before the next deadline, I'll have to rely on the bench or take additional hits.

Leagues are still being re-calculated, so I'll post the regular gameweek update later today.

As its early I am not too fussed about taking risks as I was going nowhere fast certainly with some players, I think with the crazy scores in games getting form team players is wise. Everton v Liverpool next I can see goals from both teams in that.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited October 2020 Posts: 2,341

Villa 6 - 2

Incredible match.

As its early I am not too fussed about taking risks as I was going nowhere fast certainly with some players, I think with the crazy scores in games getting form team players is wise. Everton v Liverpool next I can see goals from both teams in that.

That Everton v Liverpool game will be crazy..........

75 points for me. Last in the first week 5th this week.

Villa 6 - 2

Incredible match.

Just shows you a few decent results you can climb the leagues quick. One other reason I am not fussed about hits is many of the predicted template players are not really doing it on the pitch, Spurs and Everton players are white hot I just hope there runs continue a while longer whilst other sides are still stumbling.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Villa 6 - 2

Incredible match.

Just shows you a few decent results you can climb the leagues quick. One other reason I am not fussed about hits is many of the predicted template players are not really doing it on the pitch, Spurs and Everton players are white hot I just hope there runs continue a while longer whilst other sides are still stumbling.

Crazy days, Crazy results...... :))
    16th last week,5th this week. :)>-
    2vC7Yj2.png

My new team line up that cost -12 (1 million in the bank), hoping at least a few GW's to get some decent points from this team. The next fixtures don't put me off as most matches will rain goals.

---

image0.jpg

That's a FPL managers bench, and I don't think bonuses have been added... ouch!

Villa 6 - 2

Incredible match.

I'm a bit torn re. taking risks and playing it safe. The upside with risk taking is tempting, though playing it safe should in regular circumstances pay off over time. The trouble is the unpredictability of this season so far, so I find myself swaying in either direction. As a result, I've already made a transfer, and will look at what else to do as we get closer to the deadline. A -8 is looking very likely.

That will be some game! Everton winning that match would make things really interesting.

image0.jpg

Oh my, that's brutal!

Villa 6 - 2

Incredible match.

I'm a bit torn re. taking risks and playing it safe. The upside with risk taking is tempting, though playing it safe should in regular circumstances pay off over time. The trouble is the unpredictability of this season so far, so I find myself swaying in either direction. As a result, I've already made a transfer, and will look at what else to do as we get closer to the deadline. A -8 is looking very likely.

That will be some game! Everton winning that match would make things really interesting.

image0.jpg

Oh my, that's brutal!

I think you have to go with your gut instinct, I really have not been focused on FPL until the last week (Been so busy with work etc), Salah giving me captain points made the hit I took a bit more manageable.

Re: the benched assets they are players you just play irrespective of fixtures, even with Son you start him and if he does not play you have first bench option.
    Another gameweek is done, and what a gameweek (again)! Liverpool losing 7-2, who would have though that? Just shows how unpredictable this season is. Several managers in our league are getting some really good scores despite the surprise results, and our gameweek 4 winner is Liverpool Richmond – congratulations! =D>

MAlSJqH.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    League table standings:

1. False 9 FC: GW 65 - TOT 228
    2. Colombian Sly Foxes: GW 72 - TOT 222
    3. Team Extreme: GW 72 - TOT 216
    4. MEJICO POWA: GW 46 - TOT 207
    5. Liverpool Richmond: GW 75 - TOT 204
    6. ☆Fa3inho FC☆: GW 64 - TOT 203
    7. Eze Peze JapanEze: GW 23 - TOT 199
    8. Honesty FC: GW 43 - TOT 192
    9. Ayew Crazy !: GW 50 - TOT 189
    10. GoldyTheRefStars: GW 32 - TOT 183
    11. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 25 - TOT 178
    12. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 42 - TOT 178
    13. Para bailar Lallana!: GW 65 - TOT 168
    14. Raymond Reddington: GW 36 - TOT 167
    15. Shoots...he scores: GW 18 - TOT 163
    16. Cremonese-killen: GW 18 - TOT 160
    17. Anfield FC: GW 23 - TOT 157
    18. Raging Bulls: GW 25 - TOT 144
    _____

We enter an international break now, so there will be no games before Saturday 17th. Keep an eye out on result and injuries during the break – as well as the Deadline Day today!

Villa 6 - 2

Incredible match.

image0.jpg

Oh my, that's brutal!

I think you have to go with your gut instinct, I really have not been focused on FPL until the last week (Been so busy with work etc), Salah giving me captain points made the hit I took a bit more manageable.

Re: the benched assets they are players you just play irrespective of fixtures, even with Son you start him and if he does not play you have first bench option.

Yes, the transfer I made last night was a gut instinct move. It's part of a (potential) transfer plan I can see myself doing, injuries depending, etc. I just hope it pays off!

Indeed, that bench is just strange. I could understand benching Aurier, but Son and Grealish should be starting every gameweek, no matter the fixture.
    Congratulations Liverpool Richmond

---

Villa 6 - 2

Incredible match.

image0.jpg

Oh my, that's brutal!

Yes, the transfer I made last night was a gut instinct move. It's part of a (potential) transfer plan I can see myself doing, injuries depending, etc. I just hope it pays off!

Indeed, that bench is just strange. I could understand benching Aurier, but Son and Grealish should be starting every gameweek, no matter the fixture.

It will be good to have that break from FPL now and I think come October 17th I will be in full FPL mode, having an enforced week off from the gym this week though feeling refreshed, generally speaking a break from anything is good for recharging, as I mentioned before FPL came back to soon for me.

Villa 6 - 2

Incredible match.

image0.jpg

Oh my, that's brutal!

It will be good to have that break from FPL now and I think come October 17th I will be in full FPL mode, having an enforced week off from the gym this week though feeling refreshed, generally speaking a break from anything is good for recharging, as I mentioned before FPL came back to soon for me.

Yes, it's alright with a break now, IMO. I'll likely just keep an eye on price changes, but try not to look too much at my team until we're closer to the deadline. Maybe the break will see us making better decisions too? :-D