The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2020 Posts: 23,102
    Clean sheet from McCarthy I am grasping at points, 30 point so far with Taylor haul of 1 point of the bench and five players left.

Anyone who brought in Vardy or Leicster assets won't be happy.

Wish I had 30 points! Think I'll struggle to reach that.

22 points as I took a - 8 lol going forward I need to stop taking hits and try to regain the form of last year lol

Salah (C) could make or break this GW
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 17,241
    Clean sheet from McCarthy I am grasping at points, 30 point so far with Taylor haul of 1 point of the bench and five players left.

22 points as I took a - 8 lol going forward I need to stop taking hits and try to regain the form of last year lol

Forgot about that -8 you took. Anyway, if it works out long term, it's probably worth it!

I might start taking hits, as I've acted too slow on a few occasions already. Had I played the wildcard in gameweek 2 for example, I would be much better off in the rankings.

Salah (C) might be the correct decision in the end. Several captaincy options have failed to deliver this gameweek, and goal involvement from him can have a great impact in the rankings.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Forgot about that -8 you took. Anyway, if it works out long term, it's probably worth it!

I might start taking hits, as I've acted too slow on a few occasions already. Had I played the wildcard in gameweek 2 for example, I would be much better off in the rankings.

Salah (C) might be the correct decision in the end. Several captaincy options have failed to deliver this gameweek, and goal involvement from him can have a great impact in the rankings.

My strategy is to Captain Salah most weeks, I will be interesting who comes in for Mané later today.

My strategy is to Captain Salah most weeks, I will be interesting who comes in for Mané later today.

I might end up doing the same. Had a terrible 2019/20 season when it came to captaincies; sticking the armband on the same player should at least give you the opportunity to catch the odd goal or two, haha!
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Jota probably.

I might end up doing the same. Had a terrible 2019/20 season when it came to captaincies; sticking the armband on the same player should at least give you the opportunity to catch the odd goal or two, haha!

My captain picks were average last season just got lucky in defence with SU and Liverpool assets so many of my points was from there.

I am on a 2 from 3 Captain success rate at the moment lol hopefully 3 from 4 tonight.

Jota probably.

Jota settled in quick a decent player and still young.

---

Just noticed Martial has had a price drop gr

My captain picks were average last season just got lucky in defence with SU and Liverpool assets so many of my points was from there.

I am on a 2 from 3 Captain success rate at the moment lol hopefully 3 from 4 tonight.

Wasn't wuick enough to act on Liverpool and Sheffield United for clean sheets myself, and that had it's impact on my overall rank in the end. Funny how small decisions like that can have such an impact.

It's 2 out of 4 here. 2X De Bruyne hasn't helped at all…
    Son starts…
    SU scored can Arsenal hold on, finally decided to renew Sky Sports.

Son starts dam lol I bet he scores. Robertson came in for Son in my team though doubt he can sent the - 8 deficit too much.

Son starts dam lol I bet he scores. Robertson came in for Son in my team though doubt he can sent the - 8 deficit too much.

2-0 is a dangerous lead, as they say…

We couldn't possibly predict that Son would start though. All we can do is see how things play out in the final two games, then plan from there!

We couldn't possibly predict that Son would start though. All we can do is see how things play out in the final two games, then plan from there!

Bailey starting for United arguably our best defender so instills some confidence, still no start for DVDB, shame I do rate him he certainly looks sharper than Pogba.

Arsenal grinding out results good sign.

Bailey starting for United arguably our best defender so instills some confidence, still no start for DVDB, shame I do rate him he certainly looks sharper than Pogba.

Bailly has been injured, right? Every time I've watched United play, he's been among their best.

Far from a good game for Arsenal, but this feels like a game they would have lost before Arteta came back to the club. There are some positive signs right now, but I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

Bailly has been injured, right? Every time I've watched United play, he's been among their best.

Far from a good game for Arsenal, but this feels like a game they would have lost before Arteta came back to the club. There are some positive signs right now, but I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

I am sure like myself you will take top 4 now, though with a few erratic results this season will be difficult to predict. I was wondering what the odds on Everton reaching top 4, the way they are going they could mount a challenge in the current climate.

I am sure like myself you will take top 4 now, though with a few erratic results this season will be difficult to predict. I was wondering what the odds on Everton reaching top 4, the way they are going they could mount a challenge in the current climate.

I think the top four, looking at the first few games, will be Liverpool, City, Everton and Chelsea/United. Liverpool look certain to have yet another great season, City are too good to not be up there, and Everton should get a top four finish playing like they do. I also think United and Chelsea's squads are better than Arsenal's and Sp*rs', so I doubt either of the latter two will make it.
    Martial brought down in first minute penalty, Bruno scores get in... and FPL points
    1 - 2 spurs terrible defending Son gets second
    So many points to be had, and I don't have a single player in this fixture!

I would be laughing if I kept Son, United major problems I think Spurs may score at will

I would be laughing if I kept Son, United major problems I think Spurs may score at will

I'm currently looking at ways to bring Son in. Will likely have to drop de Bruyne for it to be possible…

I'm currently looking at ways to bring Son in. Will likely have to drop de Bruyne for it to be possible…

I have been thinking KDB to Sterling, though I want to go Martial and Brewster to DCL and Antonio lol I think there are 3 International games for some so anything could happen.

United are shambles at the back, Ole needs to get a coach in lol
    Red Card... Martial sent off for clipping Lamela though Lamela hit him first????

3 - 1 Kane disaster, VAR is a joke

I have been thinking KDB to Sterling, though I want to go Martial and Brewster to DCL and Antonio lol I think there are 3 International games for some so anything could happen.

United are shambles at the back, Ole needs to get a coach in lol

I really don't know what to do with my team right now, given how the games are going. This is the most difficult season ever!
    Red Card... Martial sent off for clipping Lamela though Lamela hit him first????

3 - 1 Kane disaster, VAR is a joke

I'm not following the match, but will look for a video of this!
    4 - 1 Son second I was worried about this game

Both should be off, VAR is a joke
    I sold Kane for Jimenez. Another transfer fail this week. I think many have had them.

On the plus side, I decided to put Son as my first sub when I heard there was a chance he'd play. Luckily he will come on after James didn't feature for Chelsea yesterday.

Loving this unpredictable goal fest of a season.

37 games so far and still no 0-0.
    slyfox wrote: »
    I sold Kane for Jimenez. Another transfer fail this week. I think many have had them.

On the plus side, I decided to put Son as my first sub when I heard there was a chance he'd play. Luckily he will come on after James didn't feature for Chelsea yesterday.

Its going to be a crazy season with no fans in stadiums, already sold Martial for DCL. Looking at getting Son back lol
    4 - 1 Son second I was worried about this game

Ouch!

Lamela, I'm not surprised…
    slyfox wrote: »

That's one hell of a first sub! :-D

Agreed. Absurd.

I only saw it once but Bailey's challenge and then studs on Kane looked a red from first glance too. Certainly a nastier one.

Apparently this is the first time in Premier league history that United have conceded four in one half!

If teams are able to get results from Liverpool this could be the most open season in years. It would make things more exciting. Everton vs Liverpool after the international break should be a fun one.
    12 point Hit imminent :))
    Bruno and Matic off Mctominay and Fred on. Why Pogba is still on is beyond me he is not at it at all.