NTTD Gun Barrel Sequence OOO O O O

Comments

Denbigh wrote: »
    The only thing I didn't like about Spectre's gunbarrel was the text, 'the dead are alive' showing up, so as long as there's nothing like that in there, I'll be happy :)

This time it reads:

THE DEAD.........ARE STILL ALIVE

Just kidding.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Is Smythe still salty over Craig getting praised over Dalton after all these years?

:P

As one of the few people that can praise Craig in parts of SP, no.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2020 Posts: 14,861
    Funnily enough, I played Zimmer's gunbarrel music over Spectre's just out of instinct. Eh, not much of a fan of the new one to tbh. I don't understand why they have to play it so fast these days but whatever.

Suggestion: if you're listening to the NTTD gunbarrel on YouTube, reduce the playback speed to 0.75 *thumbs up*

That seems way too slow to me! :) Does it fit over the Spectre one?
    Is Smythe still salty over Craig getting praised over Dalton after all these years?

I haven't a clue! :D
  • SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    Okay the good: sounds like it's back in the right place.

The Meh - lacks any originality or oomph! Why oh why oh why:
    1. Do they not understand the guitar twangy part makes this a lot more exhilarating? I hate Arnold for introducing this vastly inferior version in TND!
    2. Do they insist on using the same tired orchestral arrangement again?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    The only thing I didn't like about Spectre's gunbarrel was the text, 'the dead are alive' showing up, so as long as there's nothing like that in there, I'll be happy :)

I did just play it over Spectre's one, and it does feel like there's actually not enough at the end of it to allow the gunbarrel to swing around and open up... so I can't guarantee there won't be anything like that! :D
    mtm wrote: »

I did just play it over Spectre's one, and it does feel like there's actually not enough at the end of it to allow the gunbarrel to swing around and open up... so I can't guarantee there won't be anything like that! :D

Perhaps the image will sway, sink lower left and open a'la Brosnan era?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    It sounds perfectly fine to me. A bit derivative but I’m expecting more originality in the other tracks. It’s at the start and we still have no idea what Kleinman’s design will look like. I don’t think it’s worth stressing over just yet.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    jake24 wrote: »
    It sounds perfectly fine to me. A bit derivative but I’m expecting more originality in the other tracks.

Yes, obviously we know this is mainly Newman (or maybe even his orchestrator!) but probably in general Zimmer himself won't have had much to do with the bits which are full-on Bond theme or arrangements of Eillish's theme because there's not much for him to do there and his time was probably best spent elsewhere.
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified
    Funnily enough, I played Zimmer's gunbarrel music over Spectre's just out of instinct. Eh, not much of a fan of the new one to tbh. I don't understand why they have to play it so fast these days but whatever.

Suggestion: if you're listening to the NTTD gunbarrel on YouTube, reduce the playback speed to 0.75 *thumbs up*

Ok, maybe a little *too* slow, haha! But if anyone wants to really savor the moment, that speed is great. And yeah, it fit almost perfectly over the SP gunbarrel... It's almost identical, except for Johnny Marr's guitar in the NTTD one.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom

Ok, maybe a little *too* slow, haha! But if anyone wants to really savor the moment, that speed is great. And yeah, it fit almost perfectly over the SP gunbarrel... It's almost identical, except for Johnny Marr's guitar in the NTTD one.

Yes I had a try, it really does. Which is a little worrying for anyone hoping it to sway and open up on something in the corner of the screen! :)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It reminds me of the London Music Works version of the James Bond theme.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 3,164
    antovolk wrote: »

Oh, well done!
  • SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    This all seems a little *too* predictable. I'd love it if they shook this up a bit, start with the Universal Logo, then Leo - y'know - just for a change! The one thing I am taking away from this is I believe the iris will expand to a vast icy expanse (listen to those cold nordic strings at the end of the clip)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Nice work @antovolk! I really do like the music that seems to introduce us to the first scene, it seems to (and I hope it does) be perfect to open the Norway sequence.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Sigh, the old 'don't get upset' thing. I just think hyperbole like 'it can't be any worse' is a bit silly, that's all.

Ok, then get upset. It sounds a bit generic, considering.
    I think it sounds like your expectations for this movie might be unrealistically high if you're expecting it to be super incredible on all levels because it's his last. You'll enjoy it more if you don't expect the moon.

Me? My expectations are too high? You are joking, right? I suppose that is better than being accused of complaining for the sake of complaining, given my feelings on the Craig era.

Has someone got you down as a Craig fan Major? Never thought I’d see the day :)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2020 Posts: 14,861

Nice! :)

Intriguing reply to your tweet too. Are Chinagraph the ones who actually make them?
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Ryan wrote: »
    Octopussy wrote: »

Fantastic. I love the design and will be incredibly happy if something of a similar nature is what we get in the film. Having the Goldfinger music also reminds me of how much that guitar melody has been sorely missed in the more traditional gun barrels we've had post 1989 (the last time we had the guitar melody accompanying the blood in its full glory). Bring it on Johnny Marr.

In Die Another Day we only get one bar of it (due to the Brosnan gun barrel being shorter in length) and it's mostly muffled in the film mix by that CGI bullet. I guess we sort of get it in Quantum but the whole thing happens so fast since it's just Arnold's Bond theme in general and not a tailored gun barrel cue.

This fan GB is brilliant.

Bring back that guitar riff in the GB!!
    For fun I took Barry’s 1995 recording and put it in GE to see how it worked.

First class.
    I really am curious what the gunbarrel image will look like this time. I'd love it to be similar to the Brosnan era. Perhaps Craig will wear the black dinner suit?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    NicNac wrote: »
    Sigh, the old 'don't get upset' thing. I just think hyperbole like 'it can't be any worse' is a bit silly, that's all.

I think it sounds like your expectations for this movie might be unrealistically high if you're expecting it to be super incredible on all levels because it's his last. You'll enjoy it more if you don't expect the moon.

Me? My expectations are too high? You are joking, right? I suppose that is better than being accused of complaining for the sake of complaining, given my feelings on the Craig era.

Have I been rumbled? Yes, i’m a closet Craig fan. Just his walk alone, gets me all hot and bothered.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Have I been rumbled? Yes, i’m a closet Craig fan. Just his walk alone, gets me all hot and bothered.

:))

The last person to realise this was you, Major. ;)

:))

The last person to realise this was you, Major. ;)

Took me the better part of a decade, but I got there eventually. :D

Nice! :)

Intriguing reply to your tweet too. Are Chinagraph the ones who actually make them?

No, they do cut the trailers though
  • RyanRyan Canada
    I was hoping that we'd have a return to the classic guitar riff accompanying the blood spilling down, especially since Marr is involved. However, I like it. Sounds a lot more lively than SPECTRE and I like that we at least have guitar in the vamp section. Obviously it's hard to judge what Zimmer's score will sound like overall based on the gun barrel cue of all things, but I'm excited. Definitely feeling a classic Bond score which will be a welcome effort after the underwhelming SPECTRE score.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Definitely feeling a classic Bond score which will be a welcome effort after the underwhelming SPECTRE score.

Fair enough, but the only track we've heard from it is almost entirely identical to a track from Spectre! :D
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified
    I was hoping that we'd have a return to the classic guitar riff accompanying the blood spilling down, especially since Marr is involved. However, I like it. Sounds a lot more lively than SPECTRE and I like that we at least have guitar in the vamp section. Obviously it's hard to judge what Zimmer's score will sound like overall based on the gun barrel cue of all things, but I'm excited. Definitely feeling a classic Bond score which will be a welcome effort after the underwhelming SPECTRE score.

I agree 100%. I really miss the guitar riff during the gunbarrell sequence; the whole thing seems empty and "flat" without it.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Definitely feeling a classic Bond score which will be a welcome effort after the underwhelming SPECTRE score.

Fair enough, but the only track we've heard from it is almost entirely identical to a track from Spectre! :D

Funny how much Bond music can hype one up! But I suppose I should clarify that I'm feeling Zimmer will deliver a classic Bond score. Already he's improved SPECTRE!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    If we're going to do a good old fashioned Gun Barrel then look no further than these three...

Wasn't a huge fan of the SP GB.
    So based on this, it seems like it's at the beginning again, but likely to be pretty much identical to Spectre's- with the fanfare played over black again rather than over the white dots.

Sounds nice though!

Interesting, thanks.

If it’s at the beginning, I’ll be happy. But I’d love a return to TLD style GB music in future.