NO TIME TO DIE (2021) - Discuss Hans Zimmer's Score

Comments

• familymottofamilymotto Spain
    edited September 2020 Posts: 24
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Steve Mazzaro said the trailer music doesn't sound like his work, and is likely from a trailer house.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the 1st trailer that came out in Feb or even the recent 2nd trailer. Doubt he was asked about the new international or a tv spot

I'm still on the fence about it being Zimmer or not. His score has been used in trailers prior to release before, for example, Man of Steel, but it most likely is a trailer house effort. If that is the case it's an epic effort and I WANT IT NOW! The bond trailer music has been pretty bad imo ever since Goldeneye - which had the greatest trailer ever!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Steve Mazzaro said the trailer music doesn't sound like his work, and is likely from a trailer house.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the 1st trailer that came out in Feb or even the recent 2nd trailer. Doubt he was asked about the new international or a tv spot

I'm still on the fence about it being Zimmer or not. His score has been used in trailers prior to release before, for example, Man of Steel, but it most likely is a trailer house effort. If that is the case it's an epic effort and I WANT IT NOW! The bond trailer music has been pretty bad imo ever since Goldeneye - which had the greatest trailer ever!
    The music in the international trailer sounds very Zimmer:

• I have a feeling that the music from 0:14 onwards is from Zimmer's score. It sounds distinctly different from the music in the other trailers and very much in line with the sound of "The House of Zimmer" as I like to call it. At around 0:18 I hear something like electric guitar briefly in the background but very different from the tone of the guitar we hear in the other two trailers, so I wonder if it could be part of Johnny Marr's contribution to the score.

I also seem to remember Hans Zimmer teasing on social media that we'd be hearing his score very soon way back in February and some talk that his score was going to be on the final trailer released for the movie. I also remember that there was some speculation that Trailer 2 was the final trailer that was supposed to come back before the postponement and James Bond Live said on Twitter that they would no based on whether or not a certain line from Blofeld was in the new trailer. Could "She still loves you, did you know that?" be that line? Is the international trailer what was intended to be the final trailer back in Feb/Mar?
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I'm so much interested in Zimmer's score, that I'm doing a nervous countdown to November 13th.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2020 Posts: 14,945
    jake24 wrote: »

Yes we were just saying in the other thread that the bit from 40 secs on sounds very like Inception. I don't know, it's hard to say for sure, but that's the most Zimmer-ish I've heard so far.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm excited for the score simply because it's not Newman. Can't wait to see what Zimmer's come up with.
    @mtm true I see what you mean. It really does sound Inception from 40 secs. And I must say from 1:13 it really sounds Zimmerish.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'm excited for the score simply because it's not Newman. Can't wait to see what Zimmer's come up with.

Exactly!!!! I might be sounding too juvenile, but Zimmer's score could help NTTD achieve further success.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    GadgetMan wrote: »

Exactly!!!! I might be sounding too juvenile, but Zimmer's score could help NTTD achieve further success.
    Not juvenile at all. A soundtrack contributes greatly to a film’s overall aesthetic and atmosphere. I’m sure SP would’ve been received better if it had a more memorable score.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Not juvenile at all. A soundtrack contributes greatly to a film’s overall aesthetic and atmosphere. I’m sure SP would’ve been received better if it had a more memorable score.

It can really make or break certain sequences and a film as a whole for me. I hope to walk away from the film with a few memorable tracks or beats that I find myself whistling, much like what happens every time I watch an installment with Barry doing the score.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    It'll be nice to have a couple of banging action cues that I can hear the next time Zimmer does a tour! I've seen him live twice already - having music for a Bond film would just be the cherry on top for the third go!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

It's hilarious when those with no taste in music identify themselves on this site.
    TripAces wrote: »

It's hilarious when those with no taste in music identify themselves on this site.
    LOL, I’m not a Tom Newman hater. I adore his SF soundtrack and really liked a number of queues from SP. But I don’t find the score for the latter to be particularly memorable (especially when compared to Arnold’s later work IMO) and I know many agree, so commenting on my lack of musical taste is a little extra.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

LOL, I’m not a Tom Newman hater. I adore his SF soundtrack and really liked a number of queues from SP. But I don’t find the score for the latter to be particularly memorable (especially when compared to Arnold’s later work IMO) and I know many agree, so commenting on my lack of musical taste is a little extra.

Sorry...I think I meant to quote what what you had quoted. LOL
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,247

Yeah, me too. LOL, I don't dislike Newman. His SF score is cool. And his SP score have good tracks. Just that I also don't enjoy the entire album. Compared to how I'll just let everything play if it were Arnold's score.
    It'll be nice to have a couple of banging action cues that I can hear the next time Zimmer does a tour! I've seen him live twice already - having music for a Bond film would just be the cherry on top for the third go!

Wow! Seeing Zimmer live must be surreal. And your third go is already shaping up to be EPIC!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Yes that’ll be great fun: I could imagine him using a Bond track as a bit of a showstopper as it’s so new.
  • familymottofamilymotto Spain
    edited September 2020 Posts: 24
    mtm wrote: »

Yes we were just saying in the other thread that the bit from 40 secs on sounds very like Inception. I don't know, it's hard to say for sure, but that's the most Zimmer-ish I've heard so far.

I'm thinking this is definitely trailer house music. This is pretty much the whole piece of music and does sound Zimmery but most epic trailer work kinda does. It was also used in the first trailer.

Having listened to pretty much everything a gazillion times now I don't think any of it is Zimmer's work... It's how they have slapped the music together with added effects that makes it very hard to decipher... so you never know. It's normally quite easy to find the trailer music source but every trailer bar the TV spot 'your enemy is my enemy' and this Craig medley trailer is a mix of different material. Still everything from 0:51 in the international trailer gives me chills!

As much as I love the Zimmer sound I'm kinda holding out Mazzaro and him don't completely go down that route, but this could be very wishful thinking. As he is such an admirer of Barry I'm hoping he incorporates some of Barry's long lush phrasing from his later Bonds/career and Zimmer's them up a bit. Anywaaaaay not been this excited/nervous about a Bond score in years! Fingers crossed for November
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Billie Eilish, FINNEAS, & Hans Zimmer interview. Hans pops up at ca 00:37 min

https://watch.grammymuseum.org/spotlight/videos/billie-eilish-finneas-hans-zimmer

Snippet of Hans Zimmer’s score will be revealed in the official NTTD podcast coming next week.
    Snippet of Hans Zimmer’s score will be revealed in the official NTTD podcast coming next week.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    Episodes are being released weekly so I don’t know which one will feature Zimmer’s score. It could be a few weeks for all we know.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Episodes are being released weekly so I don’t know which one will feature Zimmer’s score. It could be a few weeks for all we know.

I guess maybe ep 4 'The Craft of Bond', if they're actually talking about the production of it..? But equally it could just pop up at any point I guess.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    David Arnold has confirmed his rendition of the Bond theme is in NTTD.

Understandable, to give the DC era some musical continuity, but also disappointing that Zimmer wont have done one.
    he may be just talking about the promo campaign using it still.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
  • WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming
    edited September 2020 Posts: 294
    I would be utterly staggered if Zimmer hasn't done his own arragement of the Bond film.

To score a Bond film and not do the main theme would be akin to a child going into a sweet shop with £5 and coming out with a bag of celery.
    @WillyGalore_Redux Newman eats the celery. Twice infact.
  • WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming
    Mallory wrote: »
    Must be a vegan ;)
    Mallory wrote: »
    Must be a vegan ;)

Makes you wonder though, did he do one that was rejected?