The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Tottenham vs Newcastle will be a good watch too as i have harry as captain this week.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 17,241
    Benny wrote: »
    Chelsea just need time to gel. Give them time.

Yes, I have no doubt they will gel. But as far as being FPL option goes, I wonder if it's best to jump off that train until Ziyech and Pulisic are available.
    Tottenham vs Newcastle will be a good watch too as i have harry as captain this week.

Won't be watching that game (I never watch Sp*rs unless they play Arsenal), but I have no doubt Kane will do well in that game. I considered him on wildcard, but he's just a bit too expensive, IMO.
    #wildcardregret
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 940
    #wildcardregret

Same. Selling Vardy for Kane didn't work out either! On paper Newcastle at home seemed a better bet than Man City away. The joys of an unpredictable season!

Werner has been the biggest disappointment so far but with two 'easier' home games coming up I'm still going to keep the faith at least one more week.
    slyfox wrote: »
    #wildcardregret

Same. Selling Vardy for Kane didn't work out either! On paper Newcastle at home seemed a better bet than Man City away. The joys of an unpredictable season!

Werner has been the biggest disappointment so far but with two 'easier' home games coming up I'm still going to keep the faith at least one more week.

Ouch! And such a sensible move too, IMO.

I'm having second thought re. Chelsea. I fully expect them to be fantastic with all options available (those signings must make them a great team, right?). But until that happens, there are other options that look just as interesting. They do have those nice fixtures though, like you mentioned, so transferring out a Chelsea asset won't be an easy decision…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2020 Posts: 23,105
    Just woke up what the hell were those results today lol

And Son is injured also, Hit for me incomming.

Thankfully I still have captain Salah to play [-O<

I tried very hard to squeeze Son into my wildcard team. Dodged a transfer there – but that's about the only thing going well this gameweek!

Salah captain is now a huge differential with a potential massive upside. You could be up for a very good Monday night of FPL!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I tried very hard to squeeze Son into my wildcard team. Dodged a transfer there – but that's about the only thing going well this gameweek!

Salah captain is now a huge differential with a potential massive upside. You could be up for a very good Monday night of FPL!

I have such a low points total any return from Salah will be a bonus, this season is tough to predict so far teams are definitely stuck in pre season. I feel less bad about United after seeing the City result lol Ake was in a Bournemouth team that shipped goals so not surprised he is not the answer at City.

I think its going to take 2 or 3 weeks for some teams to get up to speed, and those doing well now may drop off. The cream of the crop will inevitably rise to the top.

E11eu8J.gif

Lucky you did pick Son.
    Heung-Min Son will be "out for a while" after suffering a hamstring injury in Tottenham's 1-1 draw against Newcastle, says Jose Mourinho.

Arsenal's defence is very good at the moment so Salah will have to be at his best to score.
  • DeathToSpies84DeathToSpies84 Haydock, England
    Well, that was a bad week for me. Ake and Ederson conceding 5, KDB being kept quiet, Jimenez contributing to an own goal, and only Ings scoring a goal.
    I was waiting for news on Son, not sure who to replace him with maybe Rodriguez?

I have such a low points total any return from Salah will be a bonus, this season is tough to predict so far teams are definitely stuck in pre season. I feel less bad about United after seeing the City result lol Ake was in a Bournemouth team that shipped goals so not surprised he is not the answer at City.

I think its going to take 2 or 3 weeks for some teams to get up to speed, and those doing well now may drop off. The cream of the crop will inevitably rise to the top.

E11eu8J.gif

Yes, it looks like several teams are some way off from where they want to be form wise. It will be interesting to see which teams can manage to do well in this period!

Lucky you did pick Son.
    Heung-Min Son will be "out for a while" after suffering a hamstring injury in Tottenham's 1-1 draw against Newcastle, says Jose Mourinho.

Arsenal's defence is very good at the moment so Salah will have to be at his best to score.

Wonder how long Son will be out for. He's key to that Sp*rs attack.

Arsenal's defence got a long way to go yet. I won't be surprised to se a 3-4 - 0 win for Liverpool tonight…

Well, that was a bad week for me. Ake and Ederson conceding 5, KDB being kept quiet, Jimenez contributing to an own goal, and only Ings scoring a goal.

A gameweek to forget for me as well! Finally got Jiménez in my team then he gets an own goal. You got to laugh really.
    Another gameweek is finished – and what a gameweek it was. Who would have thought Leicester would smash City 2-5! Some popular picks failed to deliver though, so the average score wasn't that high for gameweek 3. MEJICO POWA had a great gameweek with 59 points, and is our gameweek 3 winner – congratulations! =D>

N6pZEO6.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    League table standings:

1. Eze Peze JapanEze: GW 33 - TOT 176
    2. False 9 FC: GW 42 - TOT 171
    3. MEJICO POWA: GW 59 - TOT 161
    4. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 38 - TOT 153
    5. Team Extreme: GW 46 - TOT 152
    6. GoldyTheRefStars: GW 43 - TOT 151
    7. Colombian Sly Foxes: GW 31 - TOT 150
    8. Honesty FC: GW 36 - TOT 149
    9. ☆Fa3inho FC☆: GW 42 - TOT 147
    10. Shoots...he scores: GW 34 - TOT 145
    11. Cremonese-killen: GW 46 - TOT 142
    12. Ayew Crazy !: GW 30 - TOT 139
    13. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 34 - TOT 136
    14. Raymond Reddington: GW 40 - TOT 135
    15. Anfield FC: GW 41 - TOT 134
    16. Liverpool Richmond: GW 40 - TOT 129
    17. Raging Bulls: GW 26 - TOT 119
    18. Para bailar Lallana!: GW 41 - TOT 103
    _____

The next deadline is this Saturday at 11:00 UK time!
    Congratulations MEJICO POWA
    ---
    Took an 8 point hit, so basically getting Son in and getting Son out cost me 12 points :))
    ---
    Took an 8 point hit, so basically getting Son in and getting Son out cost me 12 points :))

That's an aggressive move! Looking at doing either just a free transfer or a -4 myself.
    ---

That's an aggressive move! Looking at doing either just a free transfer or a -4 myself.

Nothing to lose at this early stage so thought I may as well sort my defence out and get a decent replacement for Son.
    ---

Nothing to lose at this early stage so thought I may as well sort my defence out and get a decent replacement for Son.

That's understandable. I think many are very uncertain – given how teams and players have performed – about which players to target and how to sort out an optimal team structure. I'm really not sure what to do myself, but I'm considering a few potential moves. All will depend on team news, of course.
    ---

That's understandable. I think many are very uncertain – given how teams and players have performed – about which players to target and how to sort out an optimal team structure. I'm really not sure what to do myself, but I'm considering a few potential moves. All will depend on team news, of course.

At this stage you can get all the player in that you think will do well and all can blank, like yourself my Wildcard was a fail. If I had kept my GW1 team I would be 50 or 60 point better off.
    ---

At this stage you can get all the player in that you think will do well and all can blank, like yourself my Wildcard was a fail. If I had kept my GW1 team I would be 50 or 60 point better off.

We need to see the wildcard teams over a longer period to be able to call them a success or not, though my gameweek 2 team would have done better in gameweek 3 than the team I ended up with on wildcard. I like the look of this team better though.

We just have to hope that our teams will do better going forward!
    Richarlison Ankle injury - 75% chance of playing.
    Vardy Hip injury - 75% chance of playing
    Richarlison Ankle injury - 75% chance of playing.
    Vardy Hip injury - 75% chance of playing

Richarlison still a doubt it seems.
    edited October 2020 Posts: 23,105
    My team for GW4
    vFl74vD.png
    As you can see I did not check it before the deadline, as Klich is my Vice Captain lol
    Here are the gameweek 4 captaincy picks! We have a very long list of captains this time – have we ever had this many different captains in our league in the same gameweek? Salah is the most captained player with 4 managers giving him the armband, with De Bruyne coming closest with 3.
    Salah: 4
    De Bruyne: 3
    Werner: 2
    Calvert-Lewin: 2
    Aubameyang: 2
    Jiménez: 1
    Vardy: 1
    van Dijk: 1
    Castagne: 1
    Martial: 1

Good luck everyone!
    My team for GW4
    vFl74vD.png
    As you can see I did not check it before the deadline, as Klich is my Vice Captain lol

Looking strong for this gameweek, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns!

My team is:
    Martínez
    Alexander-Arnold - James - Saïss
    Foden - Podence - De Bruyne (C) - Salah (VC)
    Calvert-Lewin - Ings - Jiménez
    (Button - Mitchell - Lamptey - Anguissa)

Gambling on Podence to feature is risky, but I saw no other choice than to play him. Captaincy on De Bruyne only because it's been on him all week, though Salah, Calvert-Lewin, Jiménez and Ings were all in consideration.
    My team for GW4
    vFl74vD.png

My team is:
    Martínez

Gambling on Podence to feature is risky, but I saw no other choice than to play him. Captaincy on De Bruyne only because it's been on him all week, though Salah, Calvert-Lewin, Jiménez and Ings were all in consideration.

You have a strong front three, is that Reece James in defence noticed he has been benched for Chelsea.

Low expectations this week with my team though as this season has proved so far anything can happen results wise. Leeds v City could easily be 4 - 4
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    h8od70qobs12.jpeg

That’s my line up for GW4
    I think Willian at home is a good bet against a stuttering Sheffield United.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 17,241
    My team for GW4
    vFl74vD.png

My team is:
    Martínez

You have a strong front three, is that Reece James in defence noticed he has been benched for Chelsea.

Low expectations this week with my team though as this season has proved so far anything can happen results wise. Leeds v City could easily be 4 - 4

Yes, didn't expect him to be benched for this game. Might have to look at options now…

It's a very unpredictable start to the season, that's for sure. You really can't tell how some games will play out, so an on-paper weaker team might still do fine – great even.
    Benny wrote: »
    That’s my line up for GW4

Interesting captaincy pick, @Benny! Goal involvement and a clean sheet from Castagne and you'll be looking at a very good captaincy score. :-)
    I think Willian at home is a good bet against a stuttering Sheffield United.

Difficult game to predict from an Arsenal point of view, IMO. I really hope they'll get all three points, but Sheffield United is a tough fixture, no matter the form SU have been in so far this season.
    Going forward I will monitor Brewster I don't expect him to start today though if he is good as many say he is he could be the Greenwood of this season.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 17,241
    Going forward I will monitor Brewster I don't expect him to start today though if he is good as many say he is he could be the Greenwood of this season.

Yes, a 4.5 potentially starting striker is definitely something to keep an eye on. I like playing 3-5-2 when possible (with a third striker you can actually play), and Brewster can be the solution.