R.I.P. A Final Farewell To Members Of The James Bond Family

Comments

• OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    My three fave 60's Bond girls are now gone. :(

+1

Terrible news.
    Octopussy wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    My three fave 60's Bond girls are now gone. :(

+1

Terrible news.

Indeed. Those three, no less.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 1,637
    Blackman lived to 94 ,other Bond stars werent so lucky :

Shaw (the bottle killed him)
    Sakata
    Steppat
    Mike France
    @AstonLotus Two can play at this game...

Nice! Makes me want to go watch the whole series right now! ( Iv only seen a few episodes here and there ).
  • Stunned when I heard the news. Quite simply the best Bond girl/wife in the series. First saw Dame Diana in The Avengers. Beautiful,talented feisty. Huge crush from then onwards.
    I remember seeing OHMSS in the cinema as a young boy and crying my eyes out at the sudden tragic end. Couldn't believe Emma Peel (as I thought of her at the time) had been killed.

Sad sad day but will always be a little in love with the awesome Ms Rigg.

RIP and condolences to her family.

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Sorry for being late. She was an incredible talent and will always be remembered as one of the best and most iconic Bond actress ever. RIP, sweet Tracy.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 4,599
    Just found this "John Steed, Emma Peel, for real!" - superb...

Barbara Jefford (voice of Tania) :(
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54234139

RIP Michael Lonsdale. He is in the stars now.
  • He had to fly.
    RIP to one of the best Bond villains.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Sad news indeed
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Sad to hear. I didn't realise he was half English.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    edited September 2020 Posts: 2,598
    I always get a pit in my stomach when I see that this thread was been updated, but thanks for the heads up @Mallory.

RIP Mr. Michael Lonsdale.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    With a series as sprawling as this, it's sad being able to expect a new death from the cast and crew every week or so. RIP, Michael, what a fantastic career.
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    Sad times, he was a great actor. Drax had so many cool lines and he delivered them beautifully.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,415

Moonraker

Mathiu+Almaric+and+Michael+Lonsdale.jpg
    Munich (With Mathiu Almaric see picture and Daniel Craig)

EB20100721REVIEWS100729996AR.jpg
    Agora (with Daniel Craig his wife Rachel Weisz)

MV5BNDE0NTczODM2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzkyODYyNA@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg
    Goya's Ghosts (Movie with Javier Bardem)

1318506683_1-720x405.jpg?x52603
    In The Name Of The Rose (With Sean Connery)
  • MJH1973MJH1973 North West, UK
    RIP Michael Lonsdale. A great villain in a Bond movie that I hold dear.
    Oh, crap!
  • WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming
    Bugger. This is very sad news.
    He was one of my fave villains as a child. I only watched The Day of the Jackal just last week. He was absolutely superb in the role of Label.
    He will be sorely missed.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    edited September 2020 Posts: 7,314
    I'm very sorry to have stumbled upon this news. Moonraker was a childhood favorite and Drax is a very underrated Bond Villain. Lonsdale was great in everything else I saw him in too. RIP.
    RIP Michael Lonsdale. Enjoyed him in everything I’ve seen him in, and he was a rock solid Bond villain!
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    RIP Michael Lonsdale, such a great actor.
    Not only in our Moonraker, but in so much more. He'll be missed. :(
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    RIP Michael Lonsdale. Terrific villain and one of the highlights of Moonraker.

Between 1962 and 1979, Yaphet Kotto is the only surviving main Bond villain I’m saddened to reflect.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    RIP Michael Lonsdale. He was a magnificent Bond villain. :-(
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    RIP Michael, really sad to hear this.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 6,682
    Terrible news. Mr. Lonsdale was superb in Moonraker, bringing understated charm to the role of Drax, as well as some dry, subtle humor that didn't get in the way of projecting a sense of menace and egotism. He was also splendid in The Day of the Jackal, playing a character that was completely devoid of any theatricality or showiness, but which in Lonsdale's hands conveyed a quiet, dignified intelligence that made him compelling (Lonsdale seemed to be particularly good at this, in my opinion). A brief and memorable appearance in Ronin demonstrates plenty of those qualities as well. I'm only passingly familiar with a couple of his French films, though from his Anglo-speaking career, I also remember brief appearances in the screen adaptations of The Holcroft Covenant and Smiley's People (in the latter he gets to show a more histrionic side of his acting).

RIP Michael Lonsdale
    RIP Michael Lonsdale, one of THE great Bond villains!
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    RIP Michael Lonsdale. Thank you for the portrayal of my favorite Bond villain. He brought a wonderfully subdued, dry, yet menacing approach to Moonraker. Which made his EXPEL THEM! all the more alarming and discomforting that this villain was truly unhinged. His calm delivery was perfect for some of the best villain one liners of the series.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    RIP Michael Lonsdale. Excellent actor! This is tragic.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    What sad news to wake too. Whilst Moonraker isn't always that high on many fans rankings, Michael Lonsdale's Hugo Drax is often one of the most beloved villains of the series. Clearly Lonsdale is one of the highlights of MR. A wonderful actor in everything I've seen him in. A sad loss to Bond fans and film fans alike.
    RIP Michael Lonsdale.