Timothy Dalton in Key West

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited April 2011 in MI6 Headlines & Feedback Posts: 1,380
MI6 uncovers a rear Timothy Dalton interview in 1988 from the set of "Licence To Kill" in Key West, Florida...

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/history_press_ltk_dalton_interview_key_west.php3

<blockquote>"Roger Moore was absolutely right for those films," he said. "I couldn't have done what he did. How do you handle flying a rocket plane that comes out of the backside of a horse?" </blockquote>

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I really did enjoy reading that, I do hope there's more to come. :)
    How was TD "difficult"? Now I'm all curious...
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 1,497
    Really a shame he couldn't do at least one more, it's nice to see the actor really believe in the role:

" Sean Connery aside, is there really room for a serious actor doing serious business in these movies? Dalton, who takes them very seriously indeed - he does not like to be photographed out of character, and is very aware of lenses pointed his way - seems to believe there is."
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited April 2011 Posts: 1,699
    "How do you handle flying a rocket plane that comes out of the backside of a horse?"
    With a Teflon-coated butterfly net instead of toilet paper, I'd suggest...
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    That was an interesting article, it managed to shed a little light on the notoriously publicity shy Dalton without actually being derogatory. I completley understand Tim's point about not wanting to spoil the myth by discussing the stuntmen or being photographed on set out of character, perhaps that's why I think of him more than any of the others as the 'character' rather than the 'actor'.
    Mind you he was a bit harsh about the Rambo films, Rambo 3 is an excellent example of the genre with far more heavy machine guns, oiled up muscles and dodgy accented foreigners being dispatched than the even first effort managed to produce.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    What a great read. It seems perhaps Dalton's views are mostly shared in some way with Craig and very good to see we've still got that in the current films.

Really top marks for MI6 pulling out all these great interviews from the archive recently.