No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited September 2020 Posts: 469
    Contraband wrote: »

Had a look throught Google translate, and basically its a few sentences about Bond being a trained but still emotional guy, and how PWB's assertive female characters are going to force Bond to change his ways 🙄. Really generic, roundabout stuff, sadly - same fluff they've been saying this entire tme.

The rest of it is just about Craig and his acting history.

(the important bits of the article, translated badly thru google:)

The more tortured side of the secret agent, plagued by doubts and suffering, is said to be linked to his influence. Likewise, he insisted on accentuating his stature with intense bodybuilding sessions, resulting in this overhaul that was both bestial and introspective. “He's an assassin. I wanted it to feel in his physique. And that affects him, even if he is very closed. Men like him, who know how to control their fear, does not mean they are not afraid. "

Both are signed by director Sam Mendes, whom Craig has recruited himself, just as he has added stripper (google translate no) Phoebe Waller-Bridge to the screenplay for No Time to Die, and worked to "change" 007's relationship with women. . “Bond has a heavy liability,” he sighs. By confronting him with very assertive female characters, this is one way of forcing him to change. "
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 727
    It’s a perfect theme really. So many men these days have a problem with respecting women as authority figures or people. By making Bond, a male avatar, confront these issues, would really challenge the primary audience.
    edited September 2020 Posts: 469
    It’s a perfect theme really. So many men these days have a problem with respecting women as authority figures or people. By making Bond, a male avatar, confront these issues, would really challenge the primary audience.

Speaking as a woman myself, I'm actually really sick of seeing this kind of trope. Why can't we just have 2 people, a man and a woman, working together but having normal working conflicts la Lethal Weapon or something where it's just genuine human beings being disagreeable but still respecting each other enough to get the job done instead of being in constant conflict just for the sake of making some Statement about how women are strong and awesome? It's patronizing as hell. As if we haven't seen strong (and well written) female characters in the Bond franchise. As if we haven't seen women take over the situation and be dominant over Bond already in both strength and wit (Mayday, Bambi and Thumper, Xenia, Pam, Vesper, Christmas, Jinx - the list goes on, and this is only considering the more modern Bond girls). As if we haven't seen Bond have and respect a whole ass female boss for the last 25 odd years. Just because Mendes shit the bed on writing a good new female character doesn't mean that the Bond franchise is some sort of misogynist's haven.

Over the last 30 years, there have already been dynamic, strong, assertive women in action films. Hell, even in Bond. Fighters such as Wai Lin, Jinx and Mayday, as well as thinkers who may not fare well with conflict but are strong, 3D characters in and of themselves such as Natalya and Vesper.

Stop writing us as if we need a leg up. It does the opposite of what you think it does for us.
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified

Speaking as a woman myself, I'm actually really sick of seeing this kind of trope. Why can't we just have 2 people, a man and a woman, working together but having normal working conflicts la Lethal Weapon or something where it's just genuine human beings being disagreeable but still respecting each other enough to get the job done instead of being in constant conflict just for the sake of making some Statement about how women are strong and awesome? It's patronizing as hell. As if we haven't seen strong (and well written) female characters in the Bond franchise. As if we haven't seen women take over the situation and be dominant over Bond already in both strength and wit (Mayday, Bambi and Thumper, Xenia, Pam, Vesper, Christmas, Jinx - the list goes on, and this is only considering the more modern Bond girls). As if we haven't seen Bond have and respect a whole ass female boss for the last 25 odd years. Just because Mendes shit the bed on writing a good new female character doesn't mean that the Bond franchise is some sort of misogynist's haven.

Over the last 30 years, there have already been dynamic, strong, assertive women in action films. Hell, even in Bond. Fighters such as Wai Lin, Jinx and Mayday, as well as thinkers who may not fare well with conflict but are strong, 3D characters in and of themselves such as Natalya and Vesper.

Stop writing us as if we need a leg up. It does the opposite of what you think it does for us.

+1. Nailed it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Walecs wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    The Craig era is obsessed with eyes

And yet none of this era had titles like GoldenEye and For Your Eyes Only :)) (but the latter was referenced in Skyfall).

LeChiffre had a bleeding eye, Hinx made his first kill by pressing some guy's eyes with his thumbs and Spectre's operation was called Nine Eyes. I wonder what I forgot.

Blofeld!

I feel stupid now, that was so obvious yet I missed it!
    The Craig era is obsessed with eyes

And yet none of this era had titles like GoldenEye and For Your Eyes Only :)) (but the latter was referenced in Skyfall).

LeChiffre had a bleeding eye, Hinx made his first kill by pressing some guy's eyes with his thumbs and Spectre's operation was called Nine Eyes. I wonder what I forgot.

Quantum_Of_Solace20-e13914829414731.jpg

A great example, well done!

We also have a bird eating Mr White s eyeballs.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    On his left hand, Primo wears a square silver ring with the gemstone, tiger eye.

rmsxpnmg6oiocmqlehqv.jpg
    QBranch wrote: »
    On his left hand, Primo wears a square silver ring with the gemstone, tiger eye.

rmsxpnmg6oiocmqlehqv.jpg

Tiger's eye, you say? :))

I love how on this forum we actually have someone whos been so close to the production we can get proper hints off of him, thanks for sticking around with us. Must be very amusing watching us play Cluedo here :))
    edited September 2020 Posts: 13,889
    Would love to say more about the eye, but there's a non-disclosure agreement involved. I only saw a photo of it, and what it looks like inside. I don't what its exact function is.

I identified Primo's jewellery/glasses several months ago. He wears Emanuelle Bicocchi: a tiger eye ring, cross ring, silver crochet bracelet, and L.G.R Eyewear sunglasses 'Reunion' 1428 Black Matt 22/Flat Mirror Blue.

Perhaps it is not coincidence that the tiger eye ring is on his left hand, while his left eye is damaged. Maybe the cross ring hints at something too.

Additionally, I had a theory that the stack of books seen in Bond's home all relate to, and are in order of scenes in the film.

Identified books from top to bottom:

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (bike action at the start of the film)
    The Complete Book of Sea Fishing (Bond fishing in Jamaica)
    Welcome Aboard! (trawler/seaplane scene or CMA CGM tanker scene)
    Your Spaceflight Manual (space topic? or just a reference to Nomi learning to fly the glider?)
    Farming the Edge of the Sea (Safin's algae? plot)
    A Sailor's Tales (Navy vessels)
    Sunset Song (ending, Bond 'riding into the sunset'?)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Pretty cool. A glimpse of what the US cinemas would've sold back in April. Wonder what the new packaging will have printed on it? A mixture of all the posters perhaps. Either way, a bit more colourful than the boring black designs for the SF/SP packaging:

https://live.staticflickr.com/5642/22544266213_14e2a6c7c0_z.jpg
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    The image in the right upper corner with armed Craig and camera crew. I know it was ft. in some magazine but I haven't seen it published on it's own so to speak. Anyone sitting on a copy perhaps?

edited September 2020 Posts: 13,889
    @Contraband I was looking for that image too. In all the NTTD magazines I own, I've not seen it, only in those Japanese postcards in your pic above. I have enough photos of it to make a complete one, if you like, but it won't be hi-res.
    @Contraband I was looking for that image too. In all the NTTD magazines I own, I've not seen it, only in those Japanese postcards in your pic above. I have enough photos of it to make a complete one, if you like, but it won't be hi-res.

Well, thanks for the offer but no. It won't be the same. Maybe I should ask that Insta guy if he can take a picture of the postcard and share with us.
    Looking forward to it.
    @QBranch I have contact with the guy now. He took a still with his phone and I've resized it from 300 pxl. Useless quality. So far this is the best I can do.

eDs9ZeD.jpg
    I started to remake that image last December, give me an hour and I'll finish it.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 3,164
    ggl007 wrote: »

Super weird, previous date was Nov 8 (week of international release). Total speculation but wonder if this may be indicative of the film release moving forward internationally

@QBranch Great job, thanks. And I can't decide. Damn..

Which one is the closest in terms of colours, in your opinion?
    I believe the second one is closer.
    antovolk wrote: »

Super weird, previous date was Nov 8 (week of international release). Total speculation but wonder if this may be indicative of the film release moving forward internationally

It would be interesting if it was.

However, if the book does release early, I would love to see it here - provided everyone is fine with this. Or make a new thread discussing it.

It would be interesting if it was.

However, if the book does release early, I would love to see it here - provided everyone is fine with this. Or make a new thread discussing it.

I've bought it already, so as soon as it arrives, we'll have plenty to discuss ;)

On another note, if the film moved to October we'd be happy fans indeed. Fingers crossed!!
  • ggl007 wrote: »

wow this looks amazing!
    james_bond_archives_no_time_to_die_ed_xl_gb_open001_598_599_08107_2008251705_id_1317777.jpg
    james_bond_archives_no_time_to_die_ed_xl_gb_open001_576_577_08107_2008251705_id_1317768.jpg
    this looks amazing (150 €) (648 pages)
    Among the 1,100 images are many previously unseen stills, on-set photos, memos, documents, storyboards, posters, and designs, plus unused concepts, and alternative designs

Ok. Do you want cred in a tweet?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

I ordered the book last week and was automatically refunded a few days later. Not sure why but maybe it has something to do with the release switch.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 6,677
    jake24 wrote: »

I ordered the book last week and was automatically refunded a few days later. Not sure why but maybe it has something to do with the release switch.

Strange, mine wasn't refunded. I've sent them an email on the matter. Let's wait and see what they say.
    Contraband wrote: »
    Ok. Do you want cred in a tweet?
    Yes, cheers. Credit me as: QBranch from MI6Community
    A photo I don't recall being posted here before: NTTD stuntman Bruno Verdirosi, Matera car henchman, holding his badass Heckler & Koch 416 rifle in front of the DB5:

@stunt.bruno on instagram: "007 Matera top movie I was there"

50362730608_83e895d1d2_o.png

50363614497_7d3362e059_o.png

Rifle also used by Matera motorbike henchman, SPECTRE agent on Cuban balcony, Safin's lair guard.