Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2020 Posts: 15,686
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Would it be too much to ask that it be a Cold War thriller, rather than the Cold War be a flimsy backdrop for the usual COD festivities.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Would it be too much to ask that it be a Cold War thriller, rather than the Cold War be a flimsy backdrop for the usual COD festivities.

I fear it'll be the latter. I also couldn't be less impressed with these debut trailers that are nothing but CGI, like most of the recent bigger titles being announced. Does nothing for me.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Saw some of the new Ratchet and Clank game play footage on the PS5. Looks really awesome!
    Saw some of the new Ratchet and Clank game play footage on the PS5. Looks really awesome!

Just saw some two days back myself and was very impressed with it too. Haven't played one of those titles since I was a kid, might have to change that come the release of this new one. Those graphics were certainly very bright and colorful, with wonderful lighting.
    edited September 2020 Posts: 40,370
    PS5 Showcase with a surprise announcement: Call of Duty: Cold War alpha will be available to all PS4 players, PS Plus or not, this Friday through Sunday. Pre-load goes live tomorrow.
  • WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming
    Spider Man: Miles Morales is looking very, very good.
    I'm so pumped over this broad slate of titles, they're really killing it again this generation cycle.

PS5 coming November 12th in U.S., Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea, and other countries worldwide on November 19th. The Digital Edition will cost $399 and the Standard Edition will be $499.
    I haven't had a Playstation (only a 2, many years ago) in so long, but I'm considering jumping back in with a 5. I may wait a while after the initial release though. Lots of great games coming, in any case.
  • WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming
    Sony really are coming out all guns blazing with the PS5. Looking like it could be one of the strongest line ups of launch titles for a new system.
    Definitely a bigger issue for Xbox now, considering their flagship launch title was a new Halo and now it's been delayed to next year.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'll still be holding off a year before getting a PS5.
    edited September 2020 Posts: 40,370

I probably should but I know I won't be able to hold off once pre-orders go live today or tomorrow.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I probably should but I know I won't be able to hold off once pre-orders go live today or tomorrow.

If the PS5 had full backwards compatability, I might be more inclined to jump in sooner. But I still have a stack of PS4 games to keep me going. By the time I get a PS5, there will be a bigger catalogue of games, and hopefully, no teething troubles lingering since launch.

If the PS5 had full backwards compatability, I might be more inclined to jump in sooner. But I still have a stack of PS4 games to keep me going. By the time I get a PS5, there will be a bigger catalogue of games, and hopefully, no teething troubles lingering since launch.

I might be joining you, considering how absolutely bungled this pre-ordering has been so far. Been refreshing for hours on numerous sites but no luck whatsoever. Very annoying.
    The PS5 is really looking like a must-buy. Very impressive line-up of games too.
    Managed to nab myself a pre-order last night, thankfully Amazon went live with them maybe 15 minutes before midnight.
    so splinter cell for the oculist riff... hmm
    Risico007 wrote: »

Ubisoft once again not delivering something simple for the fans. Next they'll announce a brand new mobile title for the series.
    Risico007 wrote: »

Ubisoft once again not delivering something simple for the fans. Next they'll announce a brand new mobile title for the series.

oh they did Elitie Squad... i downloaded it but cant get it working on my phone for some reason.
    ACG (youtube reviewer), his PS5 died! Sounds like it was the internal storage had issues.
    ACG (youtube reviewer), his PS5 died! Sounds like it was the internal storage had issues.

Horror stories such as this one are what had me worried about turning my PS5 on for the first time yesterday.

Horror stories such as this one are what had me worried about turning my PS5 on for the first time yesterday.

What game(s) did you buy?

I am going to try and hold off for now, in the hopes that any wrinkles will be ironed out, over the next few waves of PS5s to be shipped.

I am going to try and hold off for now, in the hopes that any wrinkles will be ironed out, over the next few waves of PS5s to be shipped.

I went with Call of Duty: Cold War (it's excellent so far) and Demon's Souls (arriving in the mail today, very excited for it).
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool

I went with Call of Duty: Cold War (it's excellent so far) and Demon's Souls (arriving in the mail today, very excited for it).

Enjoy! Seems to be the best launch in terms of games for a console ever.
    DCisared wrote: »

Enjoy! Seems to be the best launch in terms of games for a console ever.

Agreed, though I don't need more than two games at any one time. I figured a single player title and a multiplayer title to balance things out would be great. The next titles I'll be after won't come until the former half of 2021.

Nice. I have heard the campaign of Cold War, is supposed to be very good. I have ordered a PS4 copy. It'll be my 3rd COD after Modern Warefare: Remastered (it was my first COD game, to see what it was like for myself, and i'd heard that the game had a sniping mission) and WW2 (the WW2 era appealed enough to me to grab a copy). I recently jumped back into WW2, and had no trouble getting into a match. I wouldn't call myself a fan, but i'll pick one up if the era interests me.
    How do you guys like "I Expect You To Die" in VR?