No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Contraband wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    TR007 wrote: »
    Not the biggest fan of that poster, but I love that it’s still coming out in November!
    I won’t believe that November date until I’m literally seated in the theatre waiting to watch it.

And just as you're eating the first popcorn, some cinema guy steps out and says " I'm sorry, but we have to cancel the screening again. EON have decided to put it on hold another year. Instead we will screen the new Adam Sandler movie, free of charge of course. Enjoy the movie, and again, I'm so very sorry"

:P

That’s precisely when @jake24 will turn into Jack Nicholson from The Shining. ;-)
    I’d feel sorry for the people sitting next to me.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Not the biggest fan of that poster, but I love that it’s still coming out in November!
    I won’t believe that November date until I’m literally seated in the theatre waiting to watch it.

I think for a good couple weeks after I see the film I still won’t believe I have seen it. I’ll think it was a fever dream.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    With all this marketing ramping up again, I’m hoping for a clip or 2 from the movie.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

And just as you're eating the first popcorn, some cinema guy steps out and says " I'm sorry, but we have to cancel the screening again. EON have decided to put it on hold another year. Instead we will screen the new Adam Sandler movie, free of charge of course. Enjoy the movie, and again, I'm so very sorry"

Don't say, don't say it, don't say it 🙈🙉🙊
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I think what we need right now, is a track from Zimmer's score.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I don't mind that poster! :) Makes me excited to see it, anyway.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 3,164
    feel like timing this and still having NOVEMBER on there even on the US materials, right after the WW84 move and those Black Widow rumours, says a lot. everyone else (major studio-wise) has abandoned date-specific messaging. This has NOVEMBER not just on the US materials as is the (pre pandemic) norm but *everywhere*
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    mtm wrote: »
    I don't mind that poster! :) Makes me excited to see it, anyway.

+1
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited September 2020 Posts: 10,586
    antovolk wrote: »
    feel like timing this and still having NOVEMBER on there even on the US materials, right after the WW84 move and those Black Widow rumours, says a lot. everyone else (major studio-wise) has abandoned date-specific messaging. This has NOVEMBER not just on the US materials as is the (pre pandemic) norm but *everywhere*
    True, but there is still a possibility that EON and MGM will be faced with the inevitability of another delay. There may come a time between now and November where they simply may not have a choice and therefore their confidence now will be irrelevant later. If this year has taught us anything it’s how much things can change (on a global scale) in such a short span of time.
    Yes. Seems to me they really WANT and plan on the November release - the real question is if they CAN, given how fast things can change. It’d be cool if NTTD could end up being the film to give theaters the spark they desperately need.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    I find the poster OK. It is not that this is the only one. It probably fits the general tone of the film much better than "cleaner" styles.
    (And you cant't expect every poster to look as good as the LALD quad.)
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 3,164
    IMHO, the only way at this point - in all honesty much like with Tenet at the time - this film moves (in the UK and elsewhere outside the US) is if cinemas close down again. They are just not so dependent on the US to push back globally due to the situation there. So I see either a specific delay for the US, or - like Tenet - taking chances on the state of the market at that time, or, absolute worst case scenario evidently, some sort of VOD element Stateside.
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    They forgot to put 2022 after november.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Do I need to put my monocle on, or is the new poster blurry???
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Do I need to put my monocle on, or is the new poster blurry???

It is a bit, probably because he's in motion, so the gun and his shadow both look very blurred.
  • Univex wrote: »
    They're all really poor. This one is no better.

The b&w one with Bond and Madeleine in the DB5 is pretty awesome as well as the IMAX one with Craig on the motorbike. The rest are lame.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    The poster isn't my favourite, but it's exciting that the marketing is back in full swing. I'm glad they are sticking to the November release, I quite like the tagline as well, "The mission that changes everything"
    no_time_to_die_ver19_xlg.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first poster with a rating on it.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    Bland poster aside, they are REALLY doubling down on that November release aren't they? I'm surprised honestly with the Black Widow news from yesterday

Yeah, the fact that they keep releasing trailers (such as the Meet Safin) and posters makes me believe they're fully committing to the november release date. New national lockdowns are probably the only possible reason the movie will be delayed.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    no_time_to_die_ver19_xlg.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first poster with a rating on it.

I believe every US poster since right after the delay has had the PG13 rating on it.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I don't get it. EON have the money to hire the very best poster designers on the planet. And all they can come up with is this. I wonder if this was made by Greg W?

I suppose it's because poster marketing isn't as efficient as it was decades ago. It's why most posters dropped are generic and lazy looking. This series hasn't necessarily wowed me with its posters/artwork in many years.

Yeah, in my opinion the MCU movies and the Star Wars sequel trilogy had equally bad posters.

That’s precisely when @jake24 will turn into Jack Nicholson from The Shining. ;-)

And everyone else will turn into Darth Vader from the Revenge of the Sith ending :))
  • This new poster is only in English. It seems that it will be the definitive and final poster for the US and America.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 625

Would make no difference in Germany as Adam Sandler and Daniel Craig both have the same voice actor dubbing them. ;-)

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/28/movies/dietmar-wunder-the-german-speaking-voice-of-james-bond.html
    I wonder if we will be getting another IMAX poster as well. Absolutely loved the last one with Bond on the Scrambler.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    we'll know its the definitive poster when they have the cast/crew written on it at the bottom.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    It seems to be that no matter how many more they put out, the original poster of James Bond in the navy jumper will be used as the main poster, and will be the one most cinemas have on their boards.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    It seems to be that no matter how many more they put out, the original poster of James Bond in the navy jumper will be used as the main poster, and will be the one most cinemas have on their boards.

But the Soundtrack-CD-and-Vinyl-Cover is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084X9L2RH

So I assume that is the one they will put on the Blu-Ray/DVD as well etc.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Off topic but:

Pinewood Group, whose eponymous film studio is home to the James Bond and Star Wars film franchises, will unveil plans tomorrow for a £450m expansion that - if approved - will include the site’s first visitor attraction and create 3500 jobs.

https://news.sky.com/story/pinewood-sets-stage-for-blockbuster-visitor-attraction-in-450m-expansion-12073426

Mods, send the link to MI6..
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »

But the Soundtrack-CD-and-Vinyl-Cover is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084X9L2RH

So I assume that is the one they will put on the Blu-Ray/DVD as well etc.

I'm glad the Vinyl went with that poster. I much prefer it to this new one.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 1,215
    Wow, that's a terrible poster. I scrolled by it earlier not paying close attention and assumed it was a fan art until I saw it posted on the official 007 social media page. I have to say, these are the only NTTD posters I've cared for:
    no-time-to-die.jpg

no-time-to-die-imax-poster-765x956.jpg