No Time to Die production thread

Comments

jb-mp-nttd_800-1200_2.jpg
    Proper still of Moneypenny from Omega's website
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Sometimes I think Kleinman's brilliance increases when the song is extra good.

Opposite was the case with DAD...

Hmmmm, I guess that one is quite subjective.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    As a big @007 fan of course I am member of the @jamesbondclubdeutschland and once a year the amazing gunbarrel magazine is released exclusively only for members. Of course this time the main topic is No time to die and the most interesting article I want to share with you. @thomasgleitsmann James Bond Fan and member of the @jamesbondclubdeutschland was lucky enough to be on vacation in Matera one year ago in September 2019 while No time to die was filmed in matera and gravinainpuglia. So this guy was living the dream of i think almost every @007 fan to be very close to the production and to get a behind the scenes look of that amazing location, the outfits, action and the actors. The best pictures I want to share with you in these pictures

Lot's of photos, even if we have seen some of them before

I have requested for better stills, straight and flat so to speak.

But If any of you old Bondveterans know Thomas Gleitsmann, ask him for the originals, if he's willing to share them with the forum.

• DraxCucumberSandwichDraxCucumberSandwich United Kingdom

True. Let me state my case: I thought DAD was the occasion Kleinman reallly did something spectacular and, for me, stepped outside of Binder’s shadow by doing something original, distinctive, and memorable. The song I’m not a fan of. To be faIr, it works in the titles rather well.

Sorry, back on topic, I can’t wait to see what Kleinman comes up with for NTTD. His titles have been a highlight of the Craig era and the song is one I increasingly enjoy the more I hear it.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria

True. Let me state my case: I thought DAD was the occasion Kleinman reallly did something spectacular and, for me, stepped outside of Binder’s shadow by doing something original, distinctive, and memorable. The song I’m not a fan of. To be faIr, it works in the titles rather well.

Sorry, back on topic, I can’t wait to see what Kleinman comes up with for NTTD. His titles have been a highlight of the Craig era and the song is one I increasingly enjoy the more I hear it.

Yeah. That's fair.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @Contraband Lovely magazine and pics, cheers.
    QBranch wrote: »
    @Contraband Lovely magazine and pics, cheers.

@QBranch Thanks man but I'm just a messenger here. Trying to get the german Bondclub to share the stills with us. And maybe even the text translated.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Contraband wrote: »
    @QBranch Thanks man but I'm just a messenger here.
    The middleman.

98c1c9aa-613e-4a69-a280-8b57407be664_screenshot.jpg
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2020 Posts: 15,686
    Black Widow likely to be delayed.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/black-widow-release-date-delay-soul-disney-plus-1234769426/

This makes No Time To Die the next big budget film to arrive in cinemas.
    Or to be delayed :(
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    ztns1eky8jn51.jpg
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    And the trend of absolutely shite posters continues...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Yeah, that one is terrible.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 822
    No Time to Design a Poster, huh?
    Bland poster aside, they are REALLY doubling down on that November release aren't they? I'm surprised honestly with the Black Widow news from yesterday
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    ...they are REALLY doubling down on that November release aren't they?
    At this point they're probably just like "Just release it."
    They're all really poor. This one is no better.
    I don't get it. EON have the money to hire the very best poster designers on the planet. And all they can come up with is this. I wonder if this was made by Greg W?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I don't get it. EON have the money to hire the very best poster designers on the planet. And all they can come up with is this. I wonder if this was made by Greg W?

I suppose it's because poster marketing isn't as efficient as it was decades ago. It's why most posters dropped are generic and lazy looking. This series hasn't necessarily wowed me with its posters/artwork in many years.
    Maybe they hold the good one for when the movie is released in cinemas! ;)
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I suppose it's because poster marketing isn't as efficient as it was decades ago. It's why most posters dropped are generic and lazy looking. This series hasn't necessarily wowed me with its posters/artwork in many years.

Even so, marketing is everything. And posters/banners can be very effective. Plus it doesn't cost that much to produce.
    And...it would give them material to launch another poster book every other year. As it is, I wouldn't buy a new one just for the last couple of entries.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    They launched a poster contest with dozens of better choices... :( :-??
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    This version is slightly better:

Not the biggest fan of that poster, but I love that it’s still coming out in November!
    TR007 wrote: »
    Not the biggest fan of that poster, but I love that it’s still coming out in November!
    I won’t believe that November date until I’m literally seated in the theatre waiting to watch it.
    jake24 wrote: »
    I won’t believe that November date until I’m literally seated in the theatre waiting to watch it.

And just as you're eating the first popcorn, some cinema guy steps out and says " I'm sorry, but we have to cancel the screening again. EON have decided to put it on hold another year. Instead we will screen the new Adam Sandler movie, free of charge of course. Enjoy the movie, and again, I'm so very sorry"

:P
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified
    I agree with a lot of you all about the new poster, and the overall marketing. I’m sorry, but there is simply no excuse for lazy poster designs and execution. There has been *plenty* of time - especially now, with the film’e delay - for the marketing team to produce posters that are more creative and eye-catching. It’s ridiculous. This latest one reminds me of the drab posters for QoS with the characters standing against a rock wall with the title of the film slapped over it. Lazy, lazy, lazy...
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2020 Posts: 15,686
    jake24 wrote: »

And just as you're eating the first popcorn, some cinema guy steps out and says " I'm sorry, but we have to cancel the screening again. EON have decided to put it on hold another year. Instead we will screen the new Adam Sandler movie, free of charge of course. Enjoy the movie, and again, I'm so very sorry"

:P

That’s precisely when @jake24 will turn into Jack Nicholson from The Shining. ;-)