The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• edited September 2020 Posts: 17,241
    Another option in the 6.0 bracket:

Welcome back, Michy 🦅🔴🔵

How do you think Palace's striker lineup will look like, @DeathToSpies84?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2020 Posts: 23,104
    I was looking for Batshuayi last night on the game though was not listed as a Palace player as yet, certainly a cheaper option though will he get the service?

I have pretty much sorted with my team and managed to have 5 million in the bank ready for swapping three players for United and City assets in the coming weeks. If Palace look as atrocious as I am expecting I will take a hit to get two United players in.

I currently have Pulisic in my line up so may switch to Havertz if Pulisic is unlikely to start.

Thinking of joining a money league though as its deadline day incoming I need to make my mind up.
    I was looking for Batshuayi last night on the game though was not listed as a Palace player as yet, certainly a cheaper option though will he get the service?

I have pretty much sorted my team and managed to have 5 million in the bank ready for swapping three players for United and City assets in the coming weeks. If Palace look as atrocious as I am expecting I will take a hit to get two United players in.

I currently have Pulisic in my line up so may switch to Havertz if Pulisic is unlikely to start.

Thinking of joining a money league though as its deadline day incoming I need to make my mind up.

Five million?! That must lead to a very cheap midfield, attack and/or defence?

I'm between two drafts at the moment (with a potential third one also an option). The key difference is the formation: a 3-4-3 with 1.5 in the bank, or a 4-4-2 with 0.5 in the bank. The first one is relying on two 6.0 strikers, which is alright from a price point of view, but do we trust them to deliver regularly enough? The second one puts more money up front for two striker spots, but forces me to play four defenders each week, rotating a 4.5 and 4.0 defender.

That being said, I expect my team to change up quite a bit between gameweek 2-4 onwards.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    I've never even heard of my defenders . :))

Going light in defence, I presume? :D

Going very cheap on my defence....... :)>-
    Good defenders ruin football, don't they. ? :)>-
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I have pretty much sorted my team and managed to have 5 million in the bank ready for swapping three players for United and City assets in the coming weeks. If Palace look as atrocious as I am expecting I will take a hit to get two United players in.

I'm between two drafts at the moment (with a potential third one also an option). The key difference is the formation: a 3-4-3 with 1.5 in the bank, or a 4-4-2 with 0.5 in the bank. The first one is relying on two 6.0 strikers, which is alright from a price point of view, but do we trust them to deliver regularly enough? The second one puts more money up front for two striker spots, but forces me to play four defenders each week, rotating a 4.5 and 4.0 defender.

That being said, I expect my team to change up quite a bit between gameweek 2-4 onwards.

On paper my team does not look that bad, I have a few players from one particular game which historically has had goals from both sides so hoping for points there.

Bruno and KDB and another are musts for me in the next few weeks so making it easy to get them in.

I'm likely to go somewhat light as well. But keep an eye out for (pricier) defenders that deliver more than clean sheet points!

On paper my team does not look that bad, I have a few players from one particular game which historically has had goals from both sides so hoping for points there.

Bruno and KDB and another are musts for me in the next few weeks so making it easy to get them in.

There are more than one game in which we can expect goals, I imagine!

Having placeholders with cash in the bank might be a good option. I will have to do something similar, but I don't want to plan too many transfers ahead. I just want a way into another captaincy option in gameweek 2, and take it from there. I'm also leaning towards the thinking of some FPL managers that any player is expendable – even Salah.

I'm likely to go somewhat light as well. But keep an eye out for (pricier) defenders that deliver more than clean sheet points!

Having placeholders with cash in the bank might be a good option. I will have to do something similar, but I don't want to plan too many transfers ahead. I just want a way into another captaincy option in gameweek 2, and take it from there. I'm also leaning towards the thinking of some FPL managers that any player is expendable – even Salah.

I totally changed my team again :)) this may make me commit to a GW! team...

This is a must watch, I recon! Just now I quickly made three (!) new drafts. All look decent, and gives me a United option already in my team for next gameweek! Don't know if I want to commit to doing that move, but at least I know it's a possibility.

This is a must watch, I recon! Just now I quickly made three (!) new drafts. All look decent, and gives me a United option already in my team for next gameweek! Don't know if I want to commit to doing that move, but at least I know it's a possibility.

Finally I think I am happy with my team, I looked at a lot of data (fixtures upcoming) and ensured I can get in City and United assets if needed. My strike force a front three I think I could keep for several games based on fixtures. I will be glad when we can no longer tinker with our teams i have never done so many drafts.

Finally I think I am happy with my team, I looked at a lot of data (fixtures upcoming) and ensured I can get in City and United assets if needed. My strike force a front three I think I could keep for several games based on fixtures. I will be glad when we can no longer tinker with our teams i have never done so many drafts.

I didn't look at any data at all when selecting my team.

Had the day off today so had too much time on my hands lol

Working tomorrow so wont be able to make any last minute changes.

If there was money involved i'd be going through the data :)
    edited September 2020 Posts: 23,104

That's why I went through the data lol

---

Villa v Man United friendly tomorrow its on MUTV at 10pm, I will watch the game and share how I think the players are looking for next week.

---

Villa v Man United friendly tomorrow its on MUTV at 10pm, I will watch the game and share how I think the players are looking for next week.

I just saw now that the 2 manchester games are PP.
    Why are they PP ?

---

I just saw now that the 2 manchester games are PP.
    Why are they PP ?

PP due to them going far into the respective European competitions last season. PP to make sure they have the same break as other teams.

I've looked at some data mentioned in articles, tweets and Fantasy streams, but I don't think I want to approach this gameweek with more stats and variables: I'm at the point now where I probably shouldn't look at more information other than rumours (if there are any).

I got a draft now, where I have this gameweek covered as much as I think I can (with one major exception…), and a (sort of) flexible plan going forward. The flexibility of this plan depends on how much I want to invest in one particular spot: it's a potential high reward, while covering a team I otherwise won't have covered. If I downgrade this player by 1 mill I will have more options, but I struggle to decide if that's a good idea or not.

I've looked at some data mentioned in articles, tweets and Fantasy streams, but I don't think I want to approach this gameweek with more stats and variables: I'm at the point now where I probably shouldn't look at more information other than rumours (if there are any).

I got a draft now, where I have this gameweek covered as much as I think I can (with one major exception…), and a (sort of) flexible plan going forward. The flexibility of this plan depends on how much I want to invest in one particular spot: it's a potential high reward, while covering a team I otherwise won't have covered. If I downgrade this player by 1 mill I will have more options, but I struggle to decide if that's a good idea or not.

You're taking very seriously too.
    Have you got money in it ?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Almost didn’t do a team this year, but it’s EPL.
    Shoots...he scores
    I almost didn't do a team too. But... now I've ended up in a load of leagues and have a total of £350 worth of bets between friends and family! 😂

Although it's time consuming and a headache at times, it does make things exciting, including the more dull fixtures you'd normally not care so much about!

Good luck everyone 👍
  • MJH1973MJH1973 North West, UK
    My team is now sorted. Aubameyang as a midfielder? Yes please.
    MJH1973 wrote: »
    My team is now sorted. Aubameyang as a midfielder? Yes please.

Yea, crazy. More points up for grabs. I just looked and 48.8% of players have him in their team!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    My team for Gameweek #1:

Schmeichel
    Egan, Bednarek, Alex-Arnold
    Mount, Aubameyang, Perez, Lundstram
    Calvert-Lewin, Ings, Vardy (C).
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 940
    Most popular players in the game:

56.4% have Alexander-Arnold
    49.5% have Werner
    48.8% have Aubameyang
    32.5% have Salah
    30.1% have Son
    26.7% have Van dijk

• MJH1973MJH1973 North West, UK
    No surprises that so many have those players.
    MJH1973 wrote: »
    No surprises that so many have those players.

No big shocks. Although 18.1% for the top striker last year (Vardy) and just 15.6% for Kane is much less than previous years.

You're taking very seriously too.
    Have you got money in it ?

Yes, and that's why I'm spending a bit more time on it than I probably should, haha!

Glad to have more managers on board! We now have 18 teams in our league. :-)

We're closing in on the deadline now, so have your teams ready!
    That's it! Good luck everyone!

I'll be posting the captaincy picks once the game is updated.

Edit: When possible!
    Here are the gameweek 1 captaincy picks! Aubameyang is the most captained player in the first gameweek of the season, with Salah and De Bruyne* the only other two players captained by more than one manager.
    Aubameyang: 7
    Salah: 3
    De Bruyne: 2
    van Dijk: 1
    Vardy: 1
    Firmino: 1
    Willian: 1
    Martial: 1
    Werner: 1

*Those captaining players that won't feature this gameweek will have to hope for vice-captains to deliver!

Good luck everyone!