R.I.P. A Final Farewell To Members Of The James Bond Family

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    RIP, Tracy. :-(
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Absolutely devastating news to wake up to. She was easily one of my all time favorite Bond girls and her incredible work stretched far beyond the series itself. Rest well, Diana, thanks for the years of entertainment. You’ll be missed.
    RIP the brilliant Dame Diana Rigg; and still and always my favourite Bond lady.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited September 2020 Posts: 5,080
    Not only was she my favourite Bond girl, but she was one of my favourite British actresses whose career spanned so many decades. And a fellow Yorkshire born to boot!
    A Doncastrian Dame, a national treasure, farewell Diana!
    Words fail me to express how I feel about this terribly sad news. I was just watching Ms. Rigg the other day in The House that Jack Built, an episode of The Avengers that she expertly carries on her shoulders from beginning to end, and without too much dialog, relying mostly on the strength of her physical acting to convey her thoughts and anxiety. Splendid acting there, not to mention the rest of that series, OHMSS and The Hospital, among other productions. I plan to seek out much more of her work. May she rest in peace.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Absolutely devastating.

RIP Dame Diana
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    RIP Diana Rigg.

One of the best actresses of her time, and one of the best to have portrayed a Bond girl.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Words fail me to express how I feel about this terribly sad news. I was just watching Ms. Rigg the other day in The House that Jack Built

Yeah it's weird: I was just watching her at lunchtime because The Avengers has appeared on Britbox only today, plus only this very Monday she was in a new episode of All Creatures Great and Small looking great for her age. So this seems all the more of a shock as she'd been very much in my mind this week.
    Incidentally, I just remembered a childhood memory of staying up past my bedtime to watch Diana Rigg's appearance in the recently premiered TV movie Zoya, being curious about her after having seen her in OHMSS, of course.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    This one hurts.
  • R.I.P
    The best part of a great film.
  • WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming
    We have all the time in the world
    RIP Dame Diana
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    This is a sad moment :(

Quite simply the best Bond girl ever.

Farewell, Mrs. Bond.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    A fond farewell to both Dame Diana Rigg and Arthur Wooster. Your legacies will live on.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    RIP Dame Diana Rigg. Easily a top 3 Bond girl of all time.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    echo wrote: »
    This one hurts.

It really does. Can't shake it, it's crushing.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited September 2020 Posts: 1,261
    RIP Dame Diana.
    She was not only Tracy (not only the best Bond lady IMO, but also the wonderful Mrs Peel in THE AVENGERS.). Now all the Avengers are gone, Sir Patrick Macnee, Honor Blackman, and now Dame Diana Rigg. Sad news.

• Anyone remember her in Guy Hamilton’s wonderful 1982 mystery EVIL UNDER THE SUN? Diana Rigg and Maggie Smith were wonderful throwing zingers at each other! Of course Peter Ustinov as always stole the show. The best Hercule Poirot ever!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,416
    The Painted Veil (2006)
    painted_veil_01.jpg

A Good Man in Africa (1994)
    a_good_man_in_africa_04.jpg

On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)

Rip.

teresa_grave.JPG
    Damn. Words fail me. RIP.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    George Lazenby’s statement on Diana Rigg:
    “I'm so sad to hear of the death of Diana Rigg. She undoubtedly raised my acting game when we made On Her Majesty's Secret Service together in 1968-9. I remember the press conference at the Dorchester in London, knowing she was going to play my wife. We had fun together on the set of the movie in Switzerland and Portugal. Her depth of experience really helped me. We were good friends on set. Much was made of our supposed differences but that was the Press looking for a news story. I was sorry to have lost my wife in the film at the end. The death of Contessa Teresa di Vincenzo Draco created a memorable cinema moment over 50 years ago. As my new bride, Tracy Bond, I wept for her loss. Now, upon hearing of Dame Diana's death, I weep again. My deepest condolences for her family.“
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    In tribute to Dame Diana I have temporarily altered the thread title to include her name.

The least we can do for one of THE great Bond ladies.
    Im shocked to say the least , she was getting old now. But still :(
    Met her at EMS '11 , her only con
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    From The Avengers to OHMSS Diana Rigg was omnipresent in my house as a kid, my parents were big fans of The Avengers sad news as certainly in the UK Diana was very highly regarded, great character. R.I.P.

diana-rigg-on-beach.png?w=529
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited September 2020 Posts: 6,758
    Anyone remember her in Guy Hamilton’s wonderful 1982 mystery EVIL UNDER THE SUN? Diana Rigg and Maggie Smith were wonderful throwing zingers at each other! Of course Peter Ustinov as always stole the show. The best Hercule Poirot ever!

One of my favourite whodunits, not in the slightest because of Dame Diana :(
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Jesus! What a shocker! Rest her gentle soul. The most memorable Bond girl. The only Bond girl that the Bond theme was played for.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Very sad news. RIP to one of the greatest.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Oh no. Can't find the words. Just, oh no.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    60th+London+Evening+Standard+Theatre+Awards+_9GQrYcfPgHx.jpg

Diana Rigg and her actress Daughter Rachael Stirling , they appeared together in a Gothic Horror episode of Doctor Who

30130.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Lovely words from George.