The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

• marcmarc Universal Exports
    I think I'll keep this round open for about one more day and then declare the winner.
    Might be an easy win with just one competitor so far.
    thedove wrote: »
    Interesting, or at least it struck me as interesting. :)
    Maybe that's somehow the secret why the older Bond films are generally better? lol
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    I'll guess 120 MPH
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    I'll strategically go for 119 mph 😊
    Successful strategy, congrats 👍

Bond reaches the plane with a relative speed of about 53 mph (85 km/h) compared to the plane's speed. Absolute speed 350 mph.

A pity we aren't shown this great Q gadget involved: Bond must have worn a special suit with implanted mini airbags to survive the impact.

Over to you, @Max_The_Parrot
    edited August 2020 Posts: 2,426
    Ah, a win only thanks to probability I'm afraid! Interesting fact @marc!

Just reading back over the first page, what do we feel about trying to get back to the original intention of this thread - a nice, easy, fast moving quiz that is accessible to all and not trying to be too clever - there are plenty of other threads for proving how clever we are!

If people are happy (and if you're not, just change it back after this round), here is my question that can be answered simply by watching the movies, although most of you probably won't need to do that! Wait for confirmation of a correct answer before taking on the next round.

What colour wig is Tiffany Case wearing when we see her first?
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    I would love this thread that way much more @Max_The_Parrot
    Yeah I think I would too @goldenswissroyale, a quiz thread you can just drop in and out of when passing!

With that said, computer says yes @Birdleson!
    Easy : the short story is "The Property of a Lady" and the novel is The Man with the Golden Gun. It happens when Bond is interrogated after his return from Russia. That's when Bond learns tht Maria Freudenstein is dead.
    In keeping with the spirit of the thread, here's one : In OP, Bond does one thing he never did before or again. What is it ?

Hint : it doesn't happen in Germany.
    Bond wears a (fake) moustache?
    Not what I was going for. Not in Cuba.
    Bond steals a very valuable (Faberge) item?
    No, try again.
    Bond joins an event on Graphic Arts?
    No. I really thought this was easy. Guess I was wrong. All right, another clue then :

It happens just before a tribute to the most famous Bond movie of all.
    WAIT! You're telling me there's a tribute to Moonraker in OP? Damn, I need to get looking .....
    No, not MR.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Checks into a hotel from the outside?
    Assuming GF and not MR is the most famous Bond film (a common mistake) and that the dice scene is the tribute to the card game, I can only think that maybe it's the only time Bond asks a woman what she would like to drink? I'm not sure if he does it in any other film or not, TSWLM springs to mind, but there he orders for her rather than asking.
    You're close. BTW, the dice is not a reference to the card game, but to an entirely different game. Clue : it also involves cheating.
    Hmm, I suppose it's the only time he plays backgammon (I think!)?? Or is the backgammon scene nothing to do with it at all? 🤔
  • edited August 2020 Posts: 5,772
    Indeed, Max, that's the correct answer. OP is the only time where Bond plays Backgammon . Your turn now.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Gerard wrote: »
    Indeed, Max, that's the correct answer. OP is the only time where Bond plays Backgammon . Your turn now.

I was going to guess that but it seemed too obvious
    I told you it was easy. Not all the questions I ask requires arcane knowledge, you know.
    Thanks @Gerard sticking with the quick movie questions, shall we also try the 'whoever answers with the correct answer can post the next question at the same time' rule that the thread started off with? As long as the question has a single definite answer it should work.

Q What is the Latin motto seen on Blofeld's coat of arms in OHMSS? (English translation optional)?
    Arae et foci.

In LALD, Bond says something about the function of his watch. What would be a big problem of this function? (which Bond apparently overlooks)
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Change the direction of bullets? He couldn't shoot properly...
    That might be a small problem, too, yes, but it's not what I mean.
    Activation of the magnet should cause his watch to latch onto his belt buckle? Or gun holster? Or prevent the watch hands from moving?
    That would be other problems, too, yes, but obviously Bond wouldn't be allowed to wear anything obstructive containing metal, except for his gun, in the first place.