The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2020 Posts: 23,102
    I'm able to log in, but at some point today the FPL site showed this message:

This time round in closed season they certainly have less time to sort everything out than usual, I can't imagine they will have too much time to debate price changes etc. Though perhaps they will trust exclusively in an Algorithm for the prices?

This time round in closed season they certainly have less time to sort everything out than usual, I can't imagine they will have too much time to debate price changes etc. Though perhaps they will trust exclusively in an Algorithm for the prices?

I don't know how they usually do it, but I imagine they are already hard at work planning how to make it challenging for us! For the Norwegian Eliteserien Fantasy, I believe they have a committee deciding the prices for all the players. This season they decided to bump up the prices to make the game more difficult.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I don't know how they usually do it, but I imagine they are already hard at work planning how to make it challenging for us! For the Norwegian Eliteserien Fantasy, I believe they have a committee deciding the prices for all the players. This season they decided to bump up the prices to make the game more difficult.

Making the game more difficult I think is not a bad thing, being able to have 8 template players in a line up can make a game boring to a degree hypothetically speaking. It becomes more interesting when you cannot swap one premium asset for another at will.
  • edited August 2020 Posts: 17,241

Making the game more difficult I think is not a bad thing, being able to have 8 template players in a line up can make a game boring to a degree hypothetically speaking. It becomes more interesting when you cannot swap one premium asset for another at will.

That's exactly why they bumped up the prices in Eliteserien Fantasy. At the start of the season and before you could benefit from price rises, you could realistically just have two premiums in your team without getting a very unbalanced team structure, and you had to rely on cheaper options. Not only that, even some of the best cheaper options were quite pricy.

13 games into the season, there's a very clear template as far as attacking options goes, and as it happens, none of them are the premiums! The 5 highest scoring players right now (4 midfielders and 1 striker) are:

– Philip Zinckernagel (mid): 100 pts – 8.9m (was 8.0m in GW1)
    – Jens Hauge (mid): 94 pts – 8.4 (was 7.5m in GW1)
    – Kasper Junker (striker): 88 pts – 8.9m (was 8.0 in GW1)
    – Amahl Pellegrino (midfielder): 78 pts – 9.4m (was 9.0 in GW1)
    – Ulrik Saltnes (midfielder): 75 pts – 7.6m (was 7.5 in GW1)

Zinckernagel, J. Hauge, Junker and Saltnes all play for Bodø/Glimt, so you can only have three out of those four. Most have the first three though. Pellegrino, who plays for Kristiansund (which is Ole's home town, by the way), is also very much a template pick at this point. But he's struggling with an ongoing injury that makes him a constant injury doubt, so there are quite a few teams going without him. Torgeir Børven (who I share first name with), is the best performing premium right now, with 66 points. But he's playing for a struggling Rosenborg team, and got most of his points before signing for Rosenborg earlier this season. He's still owned by 33%, but in a "normal" season you'd expect the highest scoring premium to be owned by more managers.

If FPL takes note of how Eliteserien Fantasy have done things this season, we could see a very challenging and interesting task in fielding the best possible starting eleven. Imagine fielding a team with just two out of Salah, Mané, Fernandes, Aguerö, Aubameyang, Kane, Son, De Bruyne, and Sterling – and having to balance that with pricy mid-priced players!
    ______

Edit: Here's my current team. I got 1.1 in the bank, but there's really no need to look at upgrading any of these for more premiums. Notice the 4 4.8 and less defenders:

Goalkeeper: Linde (6.3)
    Defence: Hanche Olsen (6.0) – Hopmark (4.8) – Heggheim (4.1)
    Midfield: J Hauge (8.4) – Wolff Eikrem (12.5) – Zinckernagel (8.9) – Pellegrino (9.4) – Hussain (7.5)
    Strikers: Fridjonsson (7.7) – Junker (8.9)
    (Granlund (non-playing GK - 4.0) – Betten Hansen (4.0 def) – Daland (4.3 def) –Hustad (4.7 striker))

That's exactly why they bumped up the prices in Eliteserien Fantasy. At the start of the season and before you could benefit from price rises, you could realistically just have two premiums in your team without getting a very unbalanced team structure, and you had to rely on cheaper options. Not only that, even some of the best cheaper options were quite pricy.

13 games into the season, there's a very clear template as far as attacking options goes, and as it happens, none of them are the premiums! The 5 highest scoring players right now (4 midfielders and 1 striker) are:

Zinckernagel, J. Hauge, Junker and Saltnes all play for Bodø/Glimt, so you can only have three out of those four. Most have the first three though. Pellegrino, who plays for Kristiansund (which is Ole's home town, by the way), is also very much a template pick at this point. But he's struggling with an ongoing injury that makes him a constant injury doubt, so there are quite a few teams going without him. Torgeir Børven (who I share first name with), is the best performing premium right now, with 66 points. But he's playing for a struggling Rosenborg team, and got most of his points before signing for Rosenborg earlier this season. He's still owned by 33%, but in a "normal" season you'd expect the highest scoring premium to be owned by more managers.

If FPL takes note of how Eliteserien Fantasy have done things this season, we could see a very challenging and interesting task in fielding the best possible starting eleven. Imagine fielding a team with just two out of Salah, Mané, Fernandes, Aguerö, Aubameyang, Kane, Son, De Bruyne, and Sterling – and having to balance that with pricy mid-priced players!
    ______

Edit: Here's my current team. I got 1.1 in the bank, but there's really no need to look at upgrading any of these for more premiums. Notice the 4 4.8 and less defenders:

Midfield: J Hauge (8.4) – Wolff Eikrem (12.5) – Zinckernagel (8.9) – Pellegrino (9.4) – Hussain (7.5)
    (Granlund (non-playing GK - 4.0) – Betten Hansen (4.0 def) – Daland (4.3 def) –Hustad (4.7 striker))

I have a rough idea of some players I will likely keep all season in my head, I will get them in first thing as we know there prices will rise. KDB is one of them for sure (barring injury), I hope Real Madrid knock City out of the CL to make City assets not an issue early season lol

Its very unlikely that I will bother with players like Aguero all season, surely his playing time wont be much better, his price has to drop.

Not familiar with the Norway league though the defenders do seem cheap, if only TAA was around that price point lol

______

I have a rough idea of some players I will likely keep all season in my head, I will get them in first thing as we know there prices will rise. KDB is one of them for sure (barring injury), I hope Real Madrid knock City out of the CL to make City assets not an issue early season lol

Its very unlikely that I will bother with players like Aguero all season, surely his playing time wont be much better, his price has to drop.

Not familiar with the Norway league though the defenders do seem cheap, if only TAA was around that price point lol

I hope so to, because it would be great to start the season with some top 4 premium assets! I'll never say never re. Agüero, but I tend to avoid him unless we can be fairly sure he'll play.

There are more pricy defenders in Eliteserien Fantasy, but several of them are either injured or not performing better than cheaper options. Makes things easer for sure!

Indeed. Unfortunately, several of the cheaper options (like Jiménez, Martial and Fernández) will now be premiums. I think there might be a few gems in the promoted teams though.

Some price predictions

Some price predictions

Nice, will have to give that a watch! I might mistake Let's Talk FPL with another Youtube channel, but I think Andy of LTFPL did a similar video before the 2019/20 season, and got some of the predictions somewhat correct.

Some price predictions

Nice, will have to give that a watch! I might mistake Let's Talk FPL with another Youtube channel, but I think Andy of LTFPL did a similar video before the 2019/20 season, and got some of the predictions somewhat correct.

Yeah Andy mentioned that in the video. Only watched the first ten minutes as had to sort something, though I agree with is TAA logic in fact it's my process when making transfers.

Some price predictions

Yeah Andy mentioned that in the video. Only watched the first ten minutes as had to sort something, though I agree with is TAA logic in fact it's my process when making transfers.

Yes, he brings up interesting points in that video. I'd like to have TAA straight in my team when it relaunches, but it will depend on the price.

It will certainly mean going for mid price strikers for me, Greenwoods price will be interesting. Regarding Fernandes, Martial position and price and likewise for Rashford will have a baring on whether to get him in.

It will certainly mean going for mid price strikers for me, Greenwoods price will be interesting. Regarding Fernandes, Martial position and price and likewise for Rashford will have a baring on whether to get him in.

It will be really interesting to see if any of the most popular players change position in the game. Only a few position changes can impact our thinking and player picks drastically. I won't be surprised if FPL do it though, just to give us a challenge.
    …and it's live!

media.gif
    _________

I have renewed our league, and you should be automatically entered when setting up your teams (I think). If not, then the code to join the league is: sgqzjs.
    Such a quick turn around, I will sort out rejoining league as soon as I can...

Updated: App won't let me save a provisional team, will do it on PC later. Crazy the deadline is less than a month away.

Updated: App won't let me save a provisional team, will do it on PC later. Crazy the deadline is less than a month away.

Didn't expect them to have things running as soon as this, but the more time we get is better, I think. I have already set up my first draft. It will change drastically of course, but I think I've found a formation I'm happy with, and a decent price points structure (in my current draft I even have £1.5 left in the bank!).

Didn't expect them to have things running as soon as this, but the more time we get is better, I think. I have already set up my first draft. It will change drastically of course, but I think I've found a formation I'm happy with, and a decent price points structure (in my current draft I even have £1.5 left in the bank!).

Aubameyang 12m mid I can't see myself getting him in, though if Salah or Mané have bad runs its easier to switch to Aubameyang than when he was a striker.

Tomorrow I am off work I will spend a few hours picking a provisional side.

Aubameyang 12m mid I can't see myself getting him in, though if Salah or Mané have bad runs its easier to switch to Aubameyang than when he was a striker.

I think Aubameyang might be an option for me if City has a game or two postponed, depending on CL. Easy switch to Sterling/De Bruyne afterwards.

I'm surprisingly happy with my first draft, and if gameweek 1 started tomorrow I would have no problems starting this team. Lot's of things might change before season starts though; fixtures the most important factor, of course.

I think Aubameyang might be an option for me if City has a game or two postponed, depending on CL. Easy switch to Sterling/De Bruyne afterwards.

I'm surprisingly happy with my first draft, and if gameweek 1 started tomorrow I would have no problems starting this team. Lot's of things might change before season starts though; fixtures the most important factor, of course.

Just put my first draft team together, so much depends on United and City's progress in Europe, as things stand I have not City assets and don't have Bruno. Greenwood is in my team though if we finally sign Sancho (assuming the deal s not dead) that will change a lot as Greenwood would get rotated more.

Just put my first draft team together, so much depends on United and City's progress in Europe, as things stand I have not City assets and don't have Bruno. Greenwood is in my team though if we finally sign Sancho (assuming the deal s not dead) that will change a lot as Greenwood would get rotated more.

I have Sterling, Bruno and Martial in my team, but I'm not sure on Martial as a forward option. I'd prefer it if he was still a midfielder. It might be possible that Rashford at 1.0 cheaper than Bruno is a better option in midfield as well. That would leave me with £2.5 to spend elsewhere! As you mention, the Sancho deal might have a massive impact. He won't come to United to be rotated.
    s4s6Vt0.png

There is no way I will stick with this
    s4s6Vt0.png

Interesting! Pulisic is in my thinking as well, but I'm not sure who'll be the best Chelsea option this season. Werner will be one to have a look at.

This is my team right now: Other than Alexander-Arnold and Pope, I'm going very light in defence, shifting the majority of the funds to midfield and the two playing strikers. I imagine the £1.5 I have to spend will go towards strengthening the defence, but for now, I'll leave it as it is.

oPLnit2.png
    s4s6Vt0.png

Interesting! Pulisic is in my thinking as well, but I'm not sure who'll be the best Chelsea option this season. Werner will be one to have a look at.

This is my team right now: Other than Alexander-Arnold and Pope, I'm going very light in defence, shifting the majority of the funds to midfield and the two playing strikers. I imagine the £1.5 I have to spend will go towards strengthening the defence, but for now, I'll leave it as it is.

oPLnit2.png

I had Antonia then removed him as I got Soucek in, it was mentioned on Football Scout and I whole heartedly agree cheap defence other than TAA is definitely the way to go with funds needed elsewhere. I really want to fit in some SU defender(s), I will be looking at what happens with Henderson or a potential Henderson replacement for SU.

p.s. My gut feeling is neither United or City will make the final of there respective European competitions.
    s4s6Vt0.png

oPLnit2.png

I had Antonia then removed him as I got Soucek in, it was mentioned on Football Scout and I whole heartedly agree cheap defence other than TAA is definitely the way to go with funds needed elsewhere. I really want to fit in some SU defender(s), I will be looking at what happens with Henderson or a potential Henderson replacement for SU.

p.s. My gut feeling is neither United or City will make the final of there respective European competitions.

It's difficult to predict where points will be, but right now I see more value in midfield. As always though, getting a decent team structure is difficult, and I won't be surprised if I have a much more expensive defence by gameweek 1. Right now, it's very cheap.

I imagine Sheffield United will be a go-to team for defence points this season as well, but the keeper situation is enough for me to wait until further news. Where do you imagine Henderson will play next season?

Re. City, Ben Crellin got us covered!

Calamitous City's result from last night has made team selection for GW1 that bit easier.