No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited August 2020 Posts: 469
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »

Only the V8 still is new. Or maybe not even so? Hm..

Looks like the stills are in chronological order. A further hint of some sort, maybe?

Nice observation!

Thank you!

If my guess is true, then this means that Bond collects Moneypenny first, then heads to Q's place to request the plane, and only after that does he head to MI6 to meet Blofeld and Madeleine. An odd move, as I would've thought he would've first visited MI6 directly, rather than pursue the Scooby gang. Although I suppose that falls more in line with how the Craig version of Bond would work. Any other Bond would've immediately gone back to MI6 if they weren't being directly hunted.

Also interesting to note is that there are no stills on the giant car chase in Scotland. Perhaps this means that therein lies the biggest spoilers or plot twist?
  • edited August 2020 Posts: 669
    Forgive my ignorance, but is the car chase in Scotland the same as the Land Rover chase where we see the car flip up in the air? Or is this another car chase? (If so, that will be three car chases in this movie!)
    Do you think it's far too speculation to suppose the calendar's cover could be the official poster for the movie?

It was (at the time of the delay in March) the official poster for the film for Asia/Pacific territories.
    antovolk wrote: »
    Do you think it's far too speculation to suppose the calendar's cover could be the official poster for the movie?

It was (at the time of the delay in March) the official poster for the film for Asia/Pacific territories.

No. It is just one of the official posters, as seen on the site: https://007store.com/collections/james-bond-new-arrivals/products/no-time-to-die-2021-calendar
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Forgive my ignorance, but is the car chase in Scotland the same as the Land Rover chase where we see the car flip up in the air? Or is this another car chase? (If so, that will be three car chases in this movie!)

Yep it’s one big chase that ends up with a foot chase in the forest.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    matt_u wrote: »

@PDJamesBond @matt_u

The first big car chase takes place in Matera or maybe they call the city Civita Lucana in NTTD
    The (second) car chase in Norway (atlantic road, etc) and the one shot in Scotland incl. car flips over are the same with Swann, Bond and Matilde in the Toyota Land Cruiser. And as you said, matt_u , it con't with a foot chase in the foggy woods - with Bond hiding together with Matilde in a dead tree (according to call sheets), and then with Bond on his own. I'm guessing Safin kidnaps Swann and Matilde in the woods, taking them to his island hence why Bond and Nomi team up in the glider

@PDJamesBond @matt_u

The first big car chase takes place in Matera or maybe they call the city Civita Lucana in NTTD
    The (second) car chase in Norway (atlantic road, etc) and the one shot in Scotland incl. car flips over are the same with Swann, Bond and Matilde in the Toyota Land Cruiser. And as you said, matt_u , it con't with a foot chase in the foggy woods - with Bond hiding together with Matilde in a dead tree (according to call sheets), and then with Bond on his own. I'm guessing Safin kidnaps Swann and Matilde in the woods, taking them to his island hence why Bond and Nomi team up in the glider

Yes as I said it’s one big car chase set in Norway, but filmed on different locations. Ash is involved as well in that Norway chase.

@PDJamesBond @matt_u

Yes as I said it’s one big car chase set in Norway, but filmed on different locations. Ash is involved as well in that Norway chase.

Correct. You and I are on the same page. I was just filling in the blanks to PDJ's question
  • Thanks for the responses, guys! That clears it up. I don't know why but I am having a heck of a time working on the logistics of this whole portion of the film. This helps a lot. Cheers!

@PDJamesBond @matt_u

Correct. You and I are on the same page. I was just filling in the blanks to PDJ's question

Any idea regarding Ash’s fate? I’d suggest Nomi will kill him while she’s trying to save Swann and M. in the finale.
    edited August 2020 Posts: 3,018

@PDJamesBond @matt_u

Any idea regarding Ash’s fate? I’d suggest Nomi will kill him while she’s trying to save Swann and M. in the finale.

Not sure Ash will make that far. We know he's coordinating the car chase in Norway while driving a Land Rover Defender. I think Bond somehow will take him out during the chase.

There's a brief footage of a Defender flipping over with Bond driving next to the car. That scene comes from the BTS-footage of the stunt driving scenes, also in Scotland. That could be Ash...

SGgJLz0.png
    Ttk0AwO.png
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    What we don't know in that scene is how Safin will kidnap Madeleine and Mathilde. Perhaps Ash take them because they trust him because he "is" CIA... In that case he could get to the final.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    What we don't know in that scene is how Safin will kidnap Madeleine and Mathilde. Perhaps Ash take them because they trust him because he "is" CIA... In that case he could get to the final.

I believe the Toyota does crash/flip at some point, so perhaps that’s when they get captured?

I believe the Toyota does crash/flip at some point, so perhaps that’s when they get captured?

In what scene does it flip? I have lot's of Scotland/Norway stills and footage but haven't seen it flip.

Either way, Safin must get to them somehow. Damn mystery..
    edited August 2020 Posts: 1,755

In what scene does it flip? I have lot's of Scotland/Norway stills and footage but haven't seen it flip.

I’m going by the Cary Fukunaga director vlog they released. It’s right at 1:27. You can see the tan Toyota crash into another Range Rover.

I’m going by the Cary Fukunaga director vlog they released. It’s right at 1:27. You can see the tan Toyota crash into another Range Rover.

I'll be damn, you're right. How could I have missed that. I even have the screengrabs but didn't noticed that at all.

BTW, this is up and running again. Four vlogs coming

https://www.notimetodie.dhl/en

I'll be damn, you're right. How could I have missed that. I even have the screengrabs but didn't noticed that at all.

I can do detective work too. Not as good as your’s, but decent! Lol

I can do detective work too. Not as good as your’s, but decent! Lol

I taught you well my son

:D
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España

Good catch, but it could have been an accident and it wasn't in the script. Remember there's a child inside :-O ;)

Good catch, but it could have been an accident and it wasn't in the script. Remember there's a child inside :-O ;)

@ggl007 I don't think so. Sure, anything can happend of course but then again, these guys are highly skilled pro's and prepares for these kind of stunt scenes months ahead in details, meticulous planning, mapping out every damn inch of the route, checking the vehicle many times on set, pre-training with the vehicles plus camera placement, camera movement, and performance blocking
    Anyone got any theories about the basement seen here?
    V5Zjk4u.png

It appears to come into play sometime after Bond infiltrates Safin and loses his jumper, and faces quite a heavy bout of gunfire from behind the door.

Personally, I think this happens later in the movie, after Bond blows up the control room in Safin's lair and is making his escape, only to get out and be confronted in the garden by Safin wielding a gun.

R9mgYSc.png

Also, what is the deal with the whole act of Bond losing the jumper? My personal theory is that he gave it to Mathilde or Madeleine to keep warm as they were ferried away from the lair.
    I remember reading somewhere a time ago that there’s a significant reason for him removing the jumper. Then again the shots of Mathilde & Madeleine on the shore don’t show either of them wearing it.

Curious to see how the final confrontation between Bond & Safin takes place. Bond’s escape from the lair looks thrilling though. I’m predicting it’s going to be one of the most memorable/epic moments of Craig’s tenure as Bond.
    I remember reading somewhere a time ago that there’s a significant reason for him removing the jumper. Then again the shots of Mathilde & Madeleine on the shore don’t show either of them wearing it.

Curious to see how the final confrontation between Bond & Safin takes place. Bond’s escape from the lair looks thrilling though. I’m predicting it’s going to be one of the most memorable/epic moments of Craig’s tenure as Bond.
    Hoping similar to the end of the YOLT novel. Bond strangles Safin to death, gets a head injury as he escapes, amnesiac as the film concludes - possibly with him just beginning to remember things again. And/or missing + presumed dead, but not really dead.
    Let's say:

1) Bond kills Safin but somehow ends up dying himself. Meanwhile Nomi rescue Swann and Matilde, taking them from the island in the rib boat.

2)
    Then later scene 253 according to the call sheet: Swann driving the V8 with Matilde in Matera, with Swann saying "I'm gonna tell you a story". Maybe more unknown scenes/montage with Swann as a voice over.

3) Perhaps a memorial scene with M, Q, Tanner, Nomi & Moneypenny crying. Bond killed in action, Victoria Cross from the Queen lying in front of his photo. M gives a speech..

4) Cut to Zimmers score: Last scene we see Safins island, and there, Bond's dead body on the ground or sea shore. We pan from his face down to his hand.. suddenly his finger moves. Not dead. CUE Bond Theme, black screen - roll credits > James Bond will return

Having that type of cliffhanger would give the producers the freedom of returning with Bond 26 as we now know 007 is still alive, only this time with a new actor

Let's say:
    3) Perhaps a memorial scene with M, Q, Tanner, Nomi & Moneypenny crying. Bond killed in action, Victoria Cross from the Queen lying in front of his photo. M gives a speech..
    Regarding this point, it could be the scene where the supposed Prince Charles cameo fits in:
    If I don't remember it wrong, Fukunaga said in an interview that he took inspiration from YOLT, AVTAK and GE. I recently saw AVTAK and noticed that at the end General Gogol goes to M to appoint Bond for the Order of Lenin but M says: “Sadly he’s missing. We are continuing our search but must presume the worse.” (Moneypenny cries outside the office)
    For me there could be a similar moment in NTTD. Prince Charles goes to M to offer Bond the knighthood or the VC (awarded ‘for valour “in presence of the enemy” to members of the British Armed Forces’ Wikipedia says and Bond is Commander of the RN), but M tells him more or less the same thing his predecessor did.
    Let's say:
    Regarding this point, it could be the scene where the supposed Prince Charles cameo fits in:
    If I don't remember it wrong, Fukunaga said in an interview that he took inspiration from YOLT, AVTAK and GE. I recently saw AVTAK and noticed that at the end General Gogol goes to M to appoint Bond for the Order of Lenin but M says: “Sadly he’s missing. We are continuing our search but must presume the worse.” (Moneypenny cries outside the office)
    For me there could be a similar moment in NTTD. Prince Charles goes to M to offer Bond the knighthood or the VC (awarded ‘for valour “in presence of the enemy” to members of the British Armed Forces’ Wikipedia says and Bond is Commander of the RN), but M tells him more or less the same thing his predecessor did.

Prince Charles won't be in NTTD.
    How can you be so sure? I mean, he was offered a cameo, but we can't know if he accepted or declined...
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I think the ending will be more like The Dark Knight Rises, but it's only us the audience and Madeleine that know he's alive.