Octopussy - "Not So Tickety-Boo…Death, Instead of Cartier" My newest painting.

edited July 2020 in Literary 007 Posts: 18
You can find it at www.jamesbondart.com

Not sure how to post my latest watercolour tribute to Ian Fleming's short story, Octopussy: The narrative "…in which we find Bond in Jamaica, confronting Major Dexter Smythe, RMC, Ret., about the theft of Nazi gold bars during WW2, and the murder of Bond’s friend - Hannes Oberhauser. After Bond presents the evidence the Government has against him, Smythe - as broken dreams of wealth and a life of luxury flash through his mind’s eye - admits to the crimes and “comes clean,” explaining in detail what he did and how he escaped with the gold. Realizing that he has only a few weeks left before he is prosecuted, Smythe takes to the ocean for his recreational past-time of studying the local aquaculture. Intending to feed a deadly scorpion fish to his favorite octopus, Smythe is stung by the fish and quickly overcome by the poison. Delirious, struggling with pain, screaming into his Pirelli diving mask as it fills with water, Smythe is caught by the octopus, whose tentacles wrap around his arm and drag him down slowly, under the waves to a watery grave…

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.

Very cool artwork, all of it. I really like Killing Time. You should do one for No Time to Die.

- Right mouse click on your full size artwork, and select 'Copy Image Location'.
    - Just above the 'Type your comment' box below, there is an 'Image' icon. Click on it to show the 'Image URL' drop down bar. Right mouse click in that window, and select 'Paste'.
    - Click 'Post Comment'.
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 18
    Thanks, Q! Will give it a go.
    Q - that will on the list for painting once we all get to see it! Killing Time is one of my favorites, too.
    Q - the copy protocol didn't work - maybe a jpeg isn't the right file. Will try another…
    Octopussy - Not So Tickety-Boo…Death Instead of Cartier"
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 2,887
    You can also enclose the image url with image tags. The first is "img" (in brackets, no quotes) and "/img" (ditto).

Octopussy+150+ppi.jpg?format=750w
    Thanks, Revelator…did you put this in or did I…painter, yes. Computer whiz, not!
    My latest watercolour tribute to Ian Fleming's short story, Octopussy: The narrative "…in which we find Bond in Jamaica, confronting Major Dexter Smythe, RMC, Ret., about the theft of Nazi gold bars during WW2, and the murder of Bond’s friend - Hannes Oberhauser. After Bond presents the evidence the Government has against him, Smythe - as broken dreams of wealth and a life of luxury flash through his mind’s eye - admits to the crimes and “comes clean,” explaining in detail what he did and how he escaped with the gold. Realizing that he has only a few weeks left before he is prosecuted, Smythe takes to the ocean for his recreational past-time of studying the local aquaculture. Intending to feed a deadly scorpion fish to his favorite octopus, Smythe is stung by the fish and quickly overcome by the poison. Delirious, struggling with pain, screaming into his Pirelli diving mask as it fills with water, Smythe is caught by the octopus, whose tentacles wrap around his arm and drag him down slowly, under the waves to a watery grave…
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I have seen some of your art here before. Very talented. Interesting approach.
    PussyNoMore is a huge fan of Gerald Wadsworth’s ‘Bond Art’.
    His paintings capture the heart of Fleming’s novels and the zeitgeist of the times in which they were written beautifully.
    The Pussy has several of his prints adorning his study walls and they are much admired by Bond fans and art lovers.
    If Fleming had been painting, this is how he’d have done it !
    Thank you, PussyNoMore…tell Thunderfinger he needs to follow your lead and purchase some prints for his studio, too! :)