Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

15 anniversary Dana Elcar (MacGyvers boss , almost 140 shows)

Like with Gorshin still hurts :(
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Being a cat person myself, I know how it feels to lose one. My sympathies are with you, @FoxRox.
    @Tracy and @GoldenGun Thank you. I am sorry for your losses.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2020 Posts: 23,102
    1594455922_sports-6.png?impolicy=website&width=536&height=356
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/53373542
    R. I. P. Jack Charlton

Italia 90 only seems like yesterday, what a great World Cup that was. Big Jack a hero to England and the Republic of Ireland.
    I wouldnt be a football fan generally, but the death of 'Big Jack' Charlton brought a tear to the eye. Theres no doubt he lifted the spirits of the entire nation when we qualified for the World Cup here in Ireland! He has a firm place in our history and will never be forgotten! R.I.P.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Actress Kelly Preston has sadly passed away.
    The wife of actor John Travolta succumbed to her battle with breast cancer. RIP
    RIP Kelly Preston
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Sad news I remember first seeing Kelly Preston in Twins with Arnie.

R. I. P.

Kelly Preston was one of those actresses who played a mean girl a lot but offscreen she seemed to be a nice person and her and Travolta's marriage was one of the more successful ongoing Hollywood unions and they seemed very happy together.

So sad for Travolta and his daughter that he's lost her and his son back in 2009. A lot of tragedy.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Very sad. She was still young. RIP Kelly.
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 5,772
    I was afraid this would happen : Actress Naya Rivera (Santana Lopez in Glee) has drowned, aged 33 :

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2020-07-13/naya-rivera-dead-glee

Tragic, simply tragic.
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 1,637
    Jagge aka Finken , 54 (olympic slalom champ)

Imahara mythbuster , 49

Spooked big time by this !
    Tracy wrote: »
    Imahara mythbuster , 49

Spooked big time by this !

You and me both. I was a big fan of the Mythbusters, and I received that news like a punch in the stomach.
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 5,772
    Yesterday, I learned that Belgian singer J.J. Lionel has passed away from brain tumour, aged 72. You might know it as the singer of this :

And also Joanna Cole, author of Yhe Magic School Bus books that inspired the TV show :

https://www.cbr.com/magic-school-bus-author-joanna-cole-dies-at-75/

47 yrs ago today
    40 yrs ago : Peter Sellers RIP
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    John Saxon re united with Bruce Lee and Jim Kelly
    Regis, Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac and John Saxon. RIP.
    What a crummy day.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Regis, Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac and John Saxon. RIP.
    What a crummy day.

Saw the news of John Saxon then Peter Green passing first, then learned of Regis Philbin.
    What a shitty day. RIP.
    edited July 2020 Posts: 23,102

R. I. P. John Saxon forever immortalised
    ---
    639da089e1b58115ccbc0d3f80616a3c.jpg
    R. I. P. Regis Philbin
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 3,564
    Peter Green was not just OF Fleetwood Mac, he was the founder of Fleetwood Mac. A fabulous guitar player and songwriter, the band went in a very different direction after Green left the band. His song, "Black Magic Woman," was a big hit for Santana. Here's the Fleetwood Mac rendition -- the opening tone is just stunning:
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    This has been a weekend to forget.
    Oliva de Havilland has died. She was probably the last of the “Golden Age of Hollywood” stars remaining.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/olivia-de-havilland-dead-gone-wind-adventures-robin-hood-star-was-104-720040
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    John Saxon, unbelievable. Was just remarking the other day elsewhere how much of a fan I was of his, and that was further cemented with my rewatch of Enter the Dragon last week. Such a talent.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Dwayne wrote: »
    This has been a weekend to forget.
    Oliva de Havilland has died. She was probably the last of the “Golden Age of Hollywood” stars remaining.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/olivia-de-havilland-dead-gone-wind-adventures-robin-hood-star-was-104-720040

What?! Wow! She was indeed. She usually shared the screen with Errol Flynn, as his love interest.
    Damn. Olivia de Havilland. RIP. The last main leading lady of the Golden Age.
    So forgotten was she that when they announced her demise, a news channel illustrated the news with pictures of... Vivien Leigh in Gone with the Wind. A little research wouldn't have hurt, methinks.
    Olivia de Havilland 104 years old amazing achievement R.I.P.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    RIP Olivia de Havilland, immortal forever as the ultimate portrayal of Marian in The Adventures of Robin Hood.

Also saddened by the passing of John Saxon. Horror star of numerous excellent genre films, amongst which Tenebre is my favourite.