No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• Looking on the bright side, NTTD will eventually come out - whether's it in cinemas, VOD or a mix of both. It will eventually come out sooner or later. I know what I would prefer - November in cinemas, maybe very early 2021 if it's pushed back again and then streaming if that delay is too short. But we'll just have to wait and see. I still do want to see it but at this point I feel my enthusiasm has waned considerably and I don't want my excitement for build for it again until we know that this Schrodinger's film is definitely coming out on a particular date (which is quite depressing for me to say as someone who's been a die hard Bond fan from the age of 9 - I'm 27 now).
    We have all the time in the world, hopefully.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited July 2020 Posts: 7,518
    Though as far as my country is concerned they voted for Brexit and put the most inept government in the countries history back in power with a bumbling caricature with Churchill delusions in charge, so go figure.

Hey, please don't speak for all of us. I didn't vote for Brexit or Boris Johnson. That referendum was idiotic and so is he.

He didn't, he only stated facts... your country voted for Brexit and your country voted for Boris. He didn't say everyone in the country voted that way.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Does anyone wonder why they still put: Albert R Broccoli's Eon Productions Ltd Presents: at the start of bond films since a lot of people know who should get the credit for making the films , Barbara Broccoli and Micheal g wilson who are Eon Productions Ltd now.

250 million usd for NTTD is a lot of money these days, makes me wonder what the next bond film production budget will be ?

At least half that ?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Shardlake wrote: »
    For all you herd immunity and Dominic Cummings fans.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53315983

How else do we explain the death rate drop in comparison to total cases?

Your post has been flagged for spreading utterly stupid lies (not a surprise anymore coming from you).

The death-rate in the US has been rising for the past few days.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-07-09/covid-19-deaths-tolls-rising
    https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2020-07-09/coronavirus-deaths-increasing-in-states-with-resurgences
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronavirus-latest-news-07-10-2020-11594368064
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/506819-coronavirus-deaths-rise-again-amid-mounting-outbreaks

Edit: And so is the rate of positive tests in comparison to total tests administered. So its no longer about the virus being too fast for testing when the % of positive tests has been rising dramatically in certain cases (sometimes up to 4 times more than it was a month ago).

In comparison to the total cases it has dropped off considerably.

@Mendes4Lyfe
    Even if the number of cases has dropped, one can hardly suggest that the situation is improving considerably. Then still, in the absence of a vaccine, the situation remains volatile. I don't think it's about anyone "wanting" to go back to "that life", but rather about accepting the fact that even if the numbers drop, they can rise again, and twice as fast, plummeting us all back in a situation of total lockdown. The kinetics behind a pandemic such as this are, to say the least, not in our favour.

Cinemas can do and say what they want, but in my country, where they have already reopened, hardly anyone is going to them. People are worried, and justifiably so. All it takes is one superspreader or a ventilation system that doesn't live up to the requirements, and one person can infect twenty, who can each infect another three the next day, and so on. It may take between one and two weeks before the first case is actually reported and by then, this thing could easily have gone FUBAR again.

Even if only one or two new cases would be reported daily, there's still no vaccine! It most likely started with just one person. Dropping from 60 000 to a mere 200 sounds like good news, but that means you still have 200 (reported) cases that could still push the curve upwards again, and very fast. This virus is incredibly infectious. Even those who survive an infection may spend the rest of their lives in a very weakened condition. The little bug can easily wear the healthiest of bodies down. If not the loss of life, then at the least the loss of a good "quality" of life is what frightens (smart) people. It'd still be different if we were all incredibly disciplined; but unfortunately, amongst the masses, there are numerous crazies who stubbornly refuse to live by the rules. They pose a threat that people factor in as well.

So despite the fact that I've been looking forward to NTTD for years, even I might consider playing it safe and skipping the film in theatres this year. I regret it, but a few months' patience is a price I'm willing to pay for my good health.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Production trivia:

1) Crew member Ian Whiteford (working title: Greensman) was in charge of all the plants during production. He was also present in Matera, working his magic. Probably scenes like the fake hotel room, balcony, hotel lobby etc. He made a comment on my Insta regarding the new photo with Safin pointing his gun. The Bonsai tree in the background is real and was according to him very expensive. But he wouldn't say if it's a japanese garden. Like talking to a wall..

04a8rNl.jpg

2) The man standing in the middle to the left of Cary runs Insta: fatcatmotoparc

gnpD2QZ.jpg

He's a extreme Enduro bike rider and one of the stuntguys/baddies on a Triumph during the massive chase filming in Scotland. He told me that Cary was itching like hell to test the Triumph in the picture but he wasn't allowed due to safety and insurance issues. Cary was extremely disappointed. Basically banned by Babs and Michael. :))

• 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Contraband wrote: »
    Production trivia:

1) Crew member Ian Whiteford (working title: Greensman) was in charge of all the plants during production. He was also present in Matera, working his magic. Probably scenes like the fake hotel room, balcony, hotel lobby etc. He made a comment on my Insta regarding the new photo with Safin pointing his gun. The Bonsai tree in the background is real and was according to him very expensive. But he wouldn't say if it's a japanese garden. Like talking to a wall..

04a8rNl.jpg

What's Freddie Mercury doing in a bond film........ :)
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Cary is so cool :)
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 565
    Thank you @Contraband for redirecting this thread.

Is there any way folks can keep the box office opinions in the box office thread, the coronavirus opinions in the coronavirus thread, and discussions of political leaders in a politics thread or out all together. I'm sick of reading arguing no matter where I go on this site, particularly in this thread...and especially stuff like, "I'm reporting you." It's not pertinent to the topic. A little focus can go a long way.

Back on topic, I think it's awesome that they're including bonsai trees to enhance the Japanese flair. I don't think we're getting a garden of death though...
    I want to see a garden of death in this film so much ...

Me too

Me too

Me three.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    so is the film being pushed back AGAIN!

Probably so. Looks like we’ll have to wait at least another 10 years for a chance to see a Bond film release in a year that ends with 0 (a random detail to point out, but I thought this would have been nice to complete the numbers).

More like we'll have to wait ten years or so until the new Bond is cast.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    so is the film being pushed back AGAIN!

Probably so. Looks like we’ll have to wait at least another 10 years for a chance to see a Bond film release in a year that ends with 0 (a random detail to point out, but I thought this would have been nice to complete the numbers).

More like we'll have to wait ten years or so until the new Bond is cast.

Something like that, yeah. The wait for NTTD has been way too long, and the wait for B26 will probably be even worse.

I also really want a Garden of Death, and a lot of novel YOLT influence as I’ve said many times. We will see.
    JamesStock wrote: »

Is there any way folks can keep the box office opinions in the box office thread, the coronavirus opinions in the coronavirus thread, and discussions of political leaders in a politics thread or out all together. I'm sick of reading arguing no matter where I go on this site, particularly in this thread...and especially stuff like, "I'm reporting you." It's not pertinent to the topic. A little focus can go a long way.

Back on topic, I think it's awesome that they're including bonsai trees to enhance the Japanese flair. I don't think we're getting a garden of death though...

@JamesStock Thanks man.

Every damn post about corona in this thread should be deleted by the mod. It's not that hard sticking to the topic.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

+1
    Contraband wrote: »

@JamesStock Thanks man.

Every damn post about corona in this thread should be deleted by the mod. It's not that hard sticking to the topic.

The issue issue is: the current pandemic has influenced greatly cinema industry and NTTD in particular. It is difficult if not impossible to avoid mentioning COVID-19 as it will likely have a lasting impact on the franchise. It might date NTTD, it might make it very topical, future Bond movies might not be released in cinemas, etc.
  • Latest research is showing that the virus thrives at 4 degrees C. Is it really wise to release in cinemas at the beginning of Winter with social distancing in place. My suggestion is release it POD going into this year's Christmas period. I suspect a lot of cash would be recouped instantly. Have limited release in cinemas including IMAX when the virus is finally under some kind of control.
    Great photo! Craig's Bond has not had an excellent one-on-one scene yet with Fiennes' M. Looks like NTTD will change that.
    Not much but maybe fun to watch.

The new Chapman Super Raptor climbing the steps in Matera, Italy. Carrying the 43’ Hydrascope

antovolk wrote: »

Rory Kinnear was also present when they filmed those scenes in London last summer. I have a funny (watermarked) still with him wearing Carys massive white hat. Plus there's another 10 more stills from that day yet to be published.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Shardlake wrote: »
    For all you herd immunity and Dominic Cummings fans.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53315983

How else do we explain the death rate drop in comparison to total cases?

Your post has been flagged for spreading utterly stupid lies (not a surprise anymore coming from you).

The death-rate in the US has been rising for the past few days.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-07-09/covid-19-deaths-tolls-rising
    https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2020-07-09/coronavirus-deaths-increasing-in-states-with-resurgences
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronavirus-latest-news-07-10-2020-11594368064
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/506819-coronavirus-deaths-rise-again-amid-mounting-outbreaks

Edit: And so is the rate of positive tests in comparison to total tests administered. So its no longer about the virus being too fast for testing when the % of positive tests has been rising dramatically in certain cases (sometimes up to 4 times more than it was a month ago).

In comparison to the total cases it has dropped off considerably.

@Mendes4Lyfe
    Even if the number of cases has dropped, one can hardly suggest that the situation is improving considerably. Then still, in the absence of a vaccine, the situation remains volatile. I don't think it's about anyone "wanting" to go back to "that life", but rather about accepting the fact that even if the numbers drop, they can rise again, and twice as fast, plummeting us all back in a situation of total lockdown. The kinetics behind a pandemic such as this are, to say the least, not in our favour.

Cinemas can do and say what they want, but in my country, where they have already reopened, hardly anyone is going to them. People are worried, and justifiably so. All it takes is one superspreader or a ventilation system that doesn't live up to the requirements, and one person can infect twenty, who can each infect another three the next day, and so on. It may take between one and two weeks before the first case is actually reported and by then, this thing could easily have gone FUBAR again.

Even if only one or two new cases would be reported daily, there's still no vaccine! It most likely started with just one person. Dropping from 60 000 to a mere 200 sounds like good news, but that means you still have 200 (reported) cases that could still push the curve upwards again, and very fast. This virus is incredibly infectious. Even those who survive an infection may spend the rest of their lives in a very weakened condition. The little bug can easily wear the healthiest of bodies down. If not the loss of life, then at the least the loss of a good "quality" of life is what frightens (smart) people. It'd still be different if we were all incredibly disciplined; but unfortunately, amongst the masses, there are numerous crazies who stubbornly refuse to live by the rules. They pose a threat that people factor in as well.

So despite the fact that I've been looking forward to NTTD for years, even I might consider playing it safe and skipping the film in theatres this year. I regret it, but a few months' patience is a price I'm willing to pay for my good health.

I think some of us are grasping for any piece of good news we can, and the disparity between cases and deaths is a slight glimmer of hope that treatments (including the use of Remdesivir) might get this under control in a few months. Note this recent article that concedes that more people are walking into the hospital sick and coming out treated:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/07/why-covid-death-rate-down/613945/

As the author states, "So what’s going on? Maybe doctors are just getting smarter about the disease."

Yes. As the number of cases have risen, so have the number of deaths. But I remain somewhat optimistic that by September, we will have more home treatments and prescriptions that will lighten the load in hospitals. If only we had been more diligent about flattening the curve, here in the U.S., we'd be in much better shape. I could explain, but I don't want to bring politics into this.

• Even if NTTD opens in November, there is no way I'm attending a cinema this year. I'll review my decision in January.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    What could they be talking about?

50106872008_e95c6e49c8_o.jpg

M: "Bond! You know you just sat in pigeon poop?"
    Bond: "That'd be bloody right. Hand me that paper so I can wipe it off."
    M: "What? The newspaper? I...can't."
    Bond: "Why? What's in the newspaper?"
    M: "News, Bond. And mostly bad."
    Bond: "I mean, what have you got hidden in the paper? A mission dossier? Fake passport?"
    M: "No, not always. It just so happens that I like to read the paper."
    Bond: "So, what's in there today?"
    M: "There's an article on BoJo."
    Bond: "Well, I definitely have to wipe my bum with that now. Hand me the paper."
    M: "I... No."
    Bond: "M, I know you're hiding something from me, and I want to know what it is."
    M: "Why would I betray you?"
    Bond: "We all have our secrets. We just didn't get to yours yet."
    M: "Oh, alright then. I sat in poop too."
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited July 2020 Posts: 4,247
    QBranch wrote: »

Bond: "I mean, what have you got hidden in the paper? A mission dossier? Fake passport?"
    Bond: "Well, I definitely have to wipe my bum with that now. Hand me the paper."
    Bond: "M, I know you're hiding something from me, and I want to know what it is."

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Very Creative @QBranch....We really do have talented individuals in this Community.
    Even if NTTD opens in November, there is no way I'm attending a cinema this year. I'll review my decision in January.

I think it's going to be the case for a lot of people. It will change the movie industry.
    QBranch wrote: »

:))
    @QBranch
    That really made me laugh hard, mate! :D Well done!!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Cheers guys. Just killing time. :)>- :!!
    You write better stuff while "just killing time" than P&W for a big paycheck. "Yo momma"? I prefer what you did there. ;-)