Operation Vengeance - my Bond25 script

Hi all,

Here is a Docsend.com link which allows anyone to view the PDF of the script, OPERATION VENGEANCE, I wrote between late 2016 and the start of 2019.
https://docsend.com/view/ktntpssykn23tp7d

As an amateur screenplay writer I am always interested in constructive criticism of anything I write.

I had a gut feeling after SPECTRE that they would continue with the same characters. It's a shame Mr Hinx is not back for NTTD.

So, I offer my script to you all, to view, I hope you enjoy it. Nasty comments will be ignored, constructive criticism might be commented on.

You can view it but not download it as I would not want an unscrupulous person to remove the title page and then play merry hell with NTTD script claims.

On a more positive note, with many months still to go before we get to see NTTD, I hope Operation Vengeance will satisfy your need for fresh James Bond content.

Please put any comments regarding specific plot points in a spoiler box so anyone perusing the thread can go on to read the script without any surprises being ruined.

To avoid any legal wrangles I add the following, which is also on the title page of the screenplay.

This screenplay takes characters from the 2015 EON Productions film "SPECTRE" and continues their story.

There are characters in this screenplay who are owned exclusively by Danjaq LLC and, or EON Productions, as far as Someone is aware.

No copyright infringement is intended. This is a work of fan fiction.

The screenplay is intended for educational purposes and is being made freely available to the reader for that reason. It can be photocopied, or its contents divulged to any third party. It can not be sold. Please accord with the utmost care.

This screenplay does not claim to be a recreation of the forthcoming 25th James Bond film, NO TIME TO DIE. Any similarities in the stories are entirely coincidental.

OPERATION VENGEANCE's screenplay was completed in January 2019.

Comments

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Wow, I simply loved the PTS. Will read the rest of it in the coming days...
    Thanks, glad you liked it. All constructive criticism also welcome. It's 114 pages so, yes, I am not expecting too many answers too soon. Enjoy!
    Hey, just FYI, it looks like your script was taken down. I was planning on reading it this weekend. Could you re-upload it?
    coco1997 wrote: »
    Hey, just FYI, it looks like your script was taken down. I was planning on reading it this weekend. Could you re-upload it?

That's odd. I set it to be available for a month. I'll have a look.
    OK apparently free use of the site ends after a couple of weeks, despite me setting the availability for a month. I'll need to find another PDF view only site. I'll post another message if and when I find one.
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 123
    How about here?

https://pdfhost.io/
    coco1997 wrote: »
    How about here?

https://pdfhost.io/

Unfortunately you can download from that site, it doesn't stop downloads.
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 151
    OK I created a free trial account with Scribd

You should be able to read it here for the next 30-days.
    https://www.scribd.com/document/465467217/Operation-Vengeance-Jame-Bond-007-v-01142019

Or use this code to embed it in a website.

<p style=" margin: 12px auto 6px auto; font-family: Helvetica,Arial,Sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 14px; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal; -x-system-font: none; display: block;" ><a title="View Operation Vengeance Jame Bond 007 v.01142019 on Scribd" href="https://www.scribd.com/document/465467217/Operation-Vengeance-Jame-Bond-007-v-01142019#from_embed"; style="text-decoration: underline;">Operation Vengeance Jame Bo...</a> by <a title="View Some One's profile on Scribd" href="https://www.scribd.com/user/515487421/Some-One#from_embed"; style="text-decoration: underline;">Some One</a> on Scribd</p><iframe class="scribd_iframe_embed" title="Operation Vengeance Jame Bond 007 v.01142019" src="https://www.scribd.com/embeds/465467217/content?start_page=1&view_mode=scroll&access_key=key-kBhraxbALRZ8q0dZU9Sf"; data-auto-height="true" data-aspect-ratio="0.7080062794348508" scrolling="no" width="100%" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe>
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 123
    Finally finished reading this script. Overall I enjoyed it. I'll break down what worked for me and what didn't. Obviously, this post will contain spoilers for those who have not yet read it and plan to:

What I Liked:

-The PTS is very reminiscent of LTK, which has one of my favorite pre-titles sequences in the series. Tanner's death immediately raises the stakes.

- I like that Madeleine is alongside Bond throughout the script. Most fan treatments/outlines for BOND 25 have Bond being pulled away from the service at the start and then Madeleine either leaving him or being kidnapped by the villain and used as bait later on. Here, she's an integral part of the story.

- Moneypenny is well utilized. The plot point of her being brainwashed to assassinate Mallory was a clever take on the opening of Fleming's TMWTGG. Not sure if that was deliberate or not. Also a nice reimagining of the Angels of Death from OHMSS.

- I'm glad you didn't go the route of Mosley secretly being in league with Blofeld and Spectre. Early on it felt like that's where you were headed, which would have just been SPECTRE all over again. Instead, Mosley is just a power-hungry bureaucrat who butts heads with Mallory.

- I like that we get to see Mallory and Felix interact for once.

- Blofeld having his own albino tiger felt very classic Bond and was a nice "upgrade" from his usual white housecat. The tiger paddling back to shore after mauling Blofeld (or his double?) at the end reminded me of the St. Bernard saving Bond at the end of OHMSS.

- The script ending with Bond in a life raft with Felix was a fun twist on the whole Bond ending up in bed with the girl trope.

What I Didn't Like:

- The script lacks that magical "travelogue" aspect that the best Bond movies possess. Case in point, most of the action takes place inside very generic airbases, plants and warehouses, etc. Unfortunately I don't have many specific suggestions as to how to address this, but it's something for you to consider.

- Some of the dialogue could stand to be polished up throughout, both for grammatical errors and for general awkwardness.

Thanks for sharing with us!
    Hi coco1997, thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it. It's good to know you liked my little innovations like having a big white cat.

Yes, dialogue is tough, probably the toughest part of any script. All a matter of practice I guess.

On the travelogue, this has been commented on by others, the fact that there are no clear locations, rather broad descriptions. I felt that real EON scripts would not specify a location because usually those are decided on by tax credits, much later in the process. The key thing with locations was to reflect the story themes.

But to give you an idea of what I was thinking with the locations:
    The story starts with London and then goes to Bond and Madeleine's home, which I thought of as Le Reunion island, a distant French colony. In the script it just says Wilderness. Then they go to London and then, in my mind, to Africa, Cote D'Ivoire, where the exchange with Blofeld's men goes wrong. Bond and Madeleine then go to a big city in Cote D'Ivoire where they find the Spectre front organisation regional hq. From there they fly to an unidentified Balkan country for the chemicals plant and then, in my mind, they go take a boat to North Africa and I had originally thought of war torn Libya and they encounter Blofeld and his former Skyfleet factory. Finally they return to London for the showdown with Irma and the epilogue with Leiter I thought was somewhere in the Mediterrenean sea.

Yes, it's not a Spy Who Loved Me tour of exotic places but if it were filmed there would be some great scenery which I think would give it that international travel feel.
    FYI for anyone who is interested, myy Scribd trial period ends on 13 July so access to the script will end, maybe midnight tomorrow maybe 24h later. Thanks everyone for the comments.
    Is there any way to save the script as a PDF? I'd like to give it another read through but I doubt I'll have time to before tomorrow.
    I only wanted it to be viewable, not downloadable, so, sorry no.