No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    It's Carys birthday - July 10 >> 43 years old today

=D>
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

Spoiler-laden combo of all the clips from trailers, tv spots and behind the scenes features. It has the best flow I have seen in a ultracut trailer to date.
    Bentley007 wrote: »

Spoiler-laden combo of all the clips from trailers, tv spots and behind the scenes features. It has the best flow I have seen in a ultracut trailer to date.

Excellent!
    so is the film being pushed back AGAIN!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Bentley007 wrote: »

I love the fact that we have a pretty good idea of the sequencing in Matera and Jamaica...after that: a mystery.
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 12,243
    Risico007 wrote: »

Probably so. Looks like we’ll have to wait at least another 10 years for a chance to see a Bond film release in a year that ends with 0 (a random detail to point out, but I thought this would have been nice to complete the numbers).
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited July 2020 Posts: 7,518
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »

Probably so. Looks like we’ll have to wait at least another 10 years for a chance to see a Bond film release in a year that ends with 0 (a random detail to point out, but I thought this would have been nice to complete the numbers).

lol...

And another 10,000 years at least until a Bond film comes out on a year that ends with 2020 :P
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    That extended trailer combination was great to see.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    That extended trailer combination was great to see.

He missed out on the official DHL footage and jamaican vlog
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I'll stand by for that update. I enjoyed the fearless inclusion of cameras and other filmmaking gear in the stream of shots.
    Can we please stop talking about another delay at least until the end of August? Another delay at this point is still VERY unlikely. Nobody has any idea right now how the coronavirus situation will look like in November, so these delay talks are pointless at this point.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    The_Return wrote: »
    Can we please stop talking about another delay at least until the end of August? Another delay at this point is still VERY unlikely. Nobody has any idea right now how the coronavirus situation will look like in November, so these delay talks are pointless at this point.

I wouldn't say it's "VERY unlikely". I know we all want a Bond film, but another potential delay is perfectly on topic. What other NTTD news is there to talk about?
  • echoecho 007 in New York

Except...a delay is likely. We're already in July, and in the US, Trump shows no sign of even trying to get the virus under control. Best case scenario, Biden wins and gets all of the US on the same page starting in mid-January. So we're back to April, maybe.

Eon wouldn't release it without the US market.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2020 Posts: 15,686
    Monster Hunter is the latest movie to abandon 2020: it has been delayed from September to April 2021.

And the USA recorded over 70,000 infections yesterday.

Stop burying your head in the sand. Your optimism concerning coronavirus is getting close to to pure insanity. The USA first reached 40,000 daily infections on June 25th. The USA first reached 50,000 daily infections on July 1st. The USA first reached 60,000 daily infections on July 7th. Yet here you are claiming nobody knows what will happen, and the pandemic will suddenly disappear just in time so you can go watch your precious little Bond film? The coronavirus does not care about James Bond.

Once they'll reach 100,000 daily infections, you think the virus will magically go away once everyone is infected? I have news for you @The_Return: At 100,000 infections per day, it will take 9 years to infect everyone, and just over 6 years to reach herd immunity. And we have zero proof that 1. herd immunity can work, and 2. that being infected more than once is impossible. And that isn't even mentioning that Covid-19 can leave permanent brain and lung damage (and other health issues) to those infected. With a 1% death-rate, Covid-19 would kill 2,310,000* US citizens in order to reach herd immunity. Is that really what you want so you can go watch NTTD at the box office as quickly as possible?

* That's right, over 2 million, 4 times the death-toll of the Spanish flu of 1918. And we had some members like @fanbond123 claiming coronavirus was fake news, or at best 'just the flu'.

Even if the USA reached 1 million daily infections starting from today (July 11th), it will take over 200 days to reach herd immunity. NTTD is 132 days away. And that many daily infections would bring the USA to its knees, totally overwhelm hospital capacity, so those 2 million deaths would transform into 4 million US deaths, if not more.

Edit: And before I forget: after a few months in decline, the US's daily death-rate is rising again.

So any claim that 'we don't know what will happen in November' is, quite frankly, utterly stupid. All numbers indicate that the US situation is exponentially getting worse, and nobody in power is doing anything to stop the Covid-19 spread.

I would love to know this fantasy world of yours where we can stop a pandemic by doing nothing. Newsflash: that isn't how it works. The virus is actively spreading in the US, at an exponential rate, while politics do nothing, except to claim that the pandemic is fake news.
    It's true. Things keep getting worse, and no signs of any stopping. I said at some point I didn't think any new movies would make it to theaters at all this year since coronavirus, and I'm sticking to that. I do wonder though how theaters are going to manage to survive this crisis. I also wonder how long films can keep on getting pushed back until there is some sort of "limit," regardless of the loss of revenue.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited July 2020 Posts: 7,969
    Monster Hunter is the latest movie to abandon 2020: it has been delayed from September to April 2021.

And the USA recorded over 70,000 infections yesterday.

Stop burying your head in the sand. Your optimism concerning coronavirus is getting close to to pure insanity. The USA first reached 40,000 daily infections on June 25th. The USA first reached 50,000 daily infections on July 1st. The USA first reached 60,000 daily infections on July 7th. The USA first reached 70,000 daily infections on July 10th. Yet here you are claiming nobody knows what will happen, and the pandemic will suddenly disappear just in time so you can go watch your precious little Bond film? The coronavirus does not care about James Bond.

Once they'll reach 100,000 daily infections, you think the virus will magically go away once everyone is infected? I have news for you @The_Return: At 100,000 infections per day, it will take 9 years to infect everyone, and just over 6 years to reach herd immunity. And we have zero proof that 1. herd immunity can work, and 2. that being infected more than once is impossible. And that isn't even mentioning that Covid-19 can leave permanent brain and lung damage (and other health issues) to those infected. With a 1% death-rate, Covid-19 would kill 2,310,000* US citizens in order to reach herd immunity. Is that really what you want so you can go watch NTTD at the box office as quickly as possible?

* That's right, over 2 million, 4 times the death-toll of the Spanish flu of 1918. And we had some members like @fanbond123 claiming coronavirus was fake news, or at best 'just the flu'.

Even if the USA reached 1 million daily infections starting from today (July 11th), it will take over 200 days to reach herd immunity. NTTD is 132 days away. And that many daily infections would bring the USA to its knees, totally overwhelm hospital capacity, so those 2 million deaths would transform into 4 million US deaths, if not more.

Edit: And before I forget: after a few months in decline, the US's daily death-rate is rising again.

So any claim that 'we don't know what will happen in November' is, quite frankly, utterly stupid. All numbers indicate that the US situation is exponentially getting worse, and nobody in power is doing anything to stop the Covid-19 spread.

I would love to know this fantasy world of yours where we can stop a pandemic by doing nothing. Newsflash: that isn't how it works. The virus is actively spreading in the US, at an exponential rate, while politics do nothing, except to claim that the pandemic is fake news.

Except the real number is probably more like 300,000 - 500,000 daily. Its only 70,000 confirmed cases. Obviously the virus is spreading faster than we can deploy testing. Most pandemics end not because of a miracle cure or because people stayed in their houses for long enough, but because they snuff themselves out eventually. Lethal strains are discovered and contained quicker than asymptomatic variants which move around the population without detection.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Obviously the virus is spreading faster than we can deploy testing.

You know what else doesn't help when the virus is spreading too fast? Cutting federal fundings to testing sites.
    Except the real number is probably more like 300,000 - 500,000 daily..

At 300,000 daily infections, it will take 2 years to reach herd immunity. At 500,000 daily infections, it will take 14 months to reach herd immunity. And we have no proof that herd immunity to Covid-19 is possible.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Obviously the virus is spreading faster than we can deploy testing.

You know what else doesn't help when the virus is spreading too fast? Cutting federal fundings to testing sites.
    Except the real number is probably more like 300,000 - 500,000 daily..

At 300,000 daily infections, it will take 2 years to reach herd immunity. At 500,000 daily infections, it will take 14 months to reach herd immunity. And we have no proof that herd immunity to Covid-19 is possible.

To be honest this exactly what Doris and his cronies wanted from the get go and the insanity that is going on in England at the moment is happening because they are still going down that line.

Cummings doesn't care about the great unwashed, it is literally social cleansing that they are heading for.

Like you say herd immunity isn't proved to work but some people think it is OK to gamble with that and just for the sake of a particular film.

I mean is No Time To Die and Tenet that important to people they are willing to test this theory?

Though as far as my country is concerned they voted for Brexit and put the most inept government in the countries history back in power with a bumbling caricature with Churchill delusions in charge, so go figure.
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 847
    Anyway, nobody has idea how it's gonne evolve.
    Stay in november ? No idea if in november the situation will be better or not than in 2021.
    Report to 2021 ? No idea if in 2021 the situation will be better or not than in november.
    No idea if the situation will be better one day at all. After all, there no vacine for the aids virus while scientist try to find year since what, 40 years now ?

They delay it one month before last time, thay had time to annonce a possible futher delay until november. Maybe we can back on the topic, no need to discussing delay until one it's announce... It's like the discutions about "who would be the next Bond" : nobody here know and nobody here has the power to decide it: pointless discution.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited July 2020 Posts: 4,043
    For all you herd immunity and Dominic Cummings fans.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53315983
    @DaltonCraig007 I am not optimistic, my point is simply that NTTD won't get delayed forever. A time will come when EON will say that it's more beneficial for them to go the VOD route than to delay the movie yet again. And they certainly won't wait until autumn 2021.
    edited July 2020 Posts: 7,969
    Shardlake wrote: »

How else do we explain the death rate drop in comparison to total cases?

Your post has been flagged for spreading utterly stupid lies (not a surprise anymore coming from you).

The death-rate in the US has been rising for the past few days.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-07-09/covid-19-deaths-tolls-rising
    https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2020-07-09/coronavirus-deaths-increasing-in-states-with-resurgences
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronavirus-latest-news-07-10-2020-11594368064
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/506819-coronavirus-deaths-rise-again-amid-mounting-outbreaks

Edit: And so is the rate of positive tests in comparison to total tests administered. So its no longer about the virus being too fast for testing when the % of positive tests has been rising dramatically in certain cases (sometimes up to 4 times more than it was a month ago).

Your post has been flagged for spreading utterly stupid lies (not a surprise anymore coming from you).

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2020-07-09/coronavirus-deaths-increasing-in-states-with-resurgences
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/506819-coronavirus-deaths-rise-again-amid-mounting-outbreaks

Edit: And so is the rate of positive tests in comparison to total tests administered. So its no longer about the virus being too fast for testing when the % of positive tests has been rising dramatically in certain cases (sometimes up to 4 times more than it was a month ago).

In comparison to the total cases it has dropped off considerably.
    Anyway, nobody has idea how it's gonne evolve.
    Stay in november ? No idea if in november the situation will be better or not than in 2021.
    Report to 2021 ? No idea if in 2021 the situation will be better or not than in november.
    No idea if the situation will be better one day at all. After all, there no vacine for the aids virus while scientist try to find year since what, 40 years now ?

They delay it one month before last time, thay had time to annonce a possible futher delay until november. Maybe we can back on the topic, no need to discussing delay until one it's announce... It's like the discutions about "who would be the next Bond" : nobody here know and nobody here has the power to decide it: pointless discution.

It's very on topic. People discuss away.

I see we have to explain once again about the 2 weeks delay between infections and deaths because some people just won't understand how this virus works.

Half the ICU's in the most hit states are full, with cases increasing by over 10,000 each day. Your 'death-rate in comparison to the total cases' is an utterly meaningless statistic. There's over 63,000 new cases every day. You aren't very intelligent if you think it's good news that the death vs total cases rate is falling because expecting 63,000 deaths per day is just utterly stupid, and being happy that this % is dropping is also equally as stupid. The daily death-toll will increase to it's April/May peak again (2,500 deaths per day), so you should really stop using this statistic in a positive matter because you are just being totally oblivious to the gravity of the current situation.

Once we reach 500,000 American deaths from Covid-19, I hope we won't get to hear you celebrating about the death-toll only representing x % of the total confirmed cases, so the pandemic 'really wasn't all that bad'.

By the way, that reminds me you said in March and in April that the situation would get better soon. We are now in Mid-July, and the situation is still getting worse. Any other predictions you might share with us?

I see we have to explain once again about the 2 weeks delay between infections and deaths because some people just won't understand how this virus works.

Half the ICU's in the most hit states are full, with cases increasing by over 10,000 each day. Your 'death-rate in comparison to the total cases' is an utterly meaningless statistic. There's over 70,000 new cases every day. You aren't very intelligent if you think it's good news that the death vs total cases rate is falling because expecting 70,000 deaths per day is just utterly stupid, and being happy that this % is dropping is also equally as stupid. The daily death-toll will increase to it's April/May peak again (2,500 deaths per day), so you should really stop using this statistic in a positive matter because you are just being totally oblivious to the gravity of the current situation.

Once we reach 500,000 American deaths from Covid-19, I hope we won't get to hear you celebrating about the death-toll only representing x % of the total confirmed cases, so the pandemic 'really wasn't all that bad'.

By the way, that reminds me you said in March and in April that the situation would get better soon. We are now in Mid-July, and the situation is still getting worse. Any other predictions you might share with us?

It appears I was right, unless you'd prefer to go back to that way of life, be my guest.
    It appears I was right, unless you'd prefer to go back to that way of life, be my guest.

Another post flagged spreading lies and misinformation.

Once we reach 500,000 American deaths from Covid-19, I hope we won't get to hear @Mendes4Lyfe celebrating about the death-toll only representing x % of the total confirmed cases, so the pandemic 'really wasn't all that bad'.

Herd immunity is 220,100,000 infected Americans. A 1% death-rate means 2,201,000 US deaths. If over 2 million deaths is good news for you, you are officially a lunatic.
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 490

Another post flagged spreading lies and misinformation.

Once we reach 500,000 American deaths from Covid-19, I hope we won't get to hear @Mendes4Lyfe celebrating about the death-toll only representing x % of the total confirmed cases, so the pandemic 'really wasn't all that bad'.

Herd immunity is 220,100,000 infected Americans. A 1% death-rate means 2,201,000 US deaths. If over 2 million deaths is good news for you, you are officially a lunatic.

For reference, about 2.8million Americans die every year of all other causes combined. So another 2million deaths on top of that, even spread out over a few years is nothing short of unspeakable tragedy.

I've had this argument with people who think we should never have locked down and continued life as normal to save the economy and asked them how long they think normal life would have continued while thousands and thousands of people were dying of some new virus. People would have been rioting and refusing to go to work and begging the government to do something.

My mother got the test last night so hopefully comes out negative but I was told a close friend's mother passed yesterday who had been in the hospital with Covid for some time.

Have also received news that several other friends have tested positive in the past few days. It just blew up again out of nowhere.

This is a nightmare.
  • Though as far as my country is concerned they voted for Brexit and put the most inept government in the countries history back in power with a bumbling caricature with Churchill delusions in charge, so go figure.

Hey, please don't speak for all of us. I didn't vote for Brexit or Boris Johnson. That referendum was idiotic and so is he.