Batman

edited January 2015 in General Movies & TV Posts: 54
All movies and shows, past -- present -- future. Why? Because I said so.

Bonus points to whoever can create the best take-off on the deserves/needs line from TDK to satirize the current forum situation.

TDKR in 494 days!

Comments

• Quoting Fairbairn-Sykes: TDKR in 494 days!
    That's 493 more than you have to edit that post.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    "You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    is there someone that will explain me about what is this??? batman? and TDKR? i guess new batman movie.i liked dark knight and i want to see new batman game scheudled for october or november cant remember
  • Yes. There is a new Batman movie. The sequel to The Dark Knight. Called "The Dark Knight Rises". Batman is a comic book character published in Detective Comics for the past 62 years. Several films, television series, cartoons, video games and other material have also elaborated on his adventures. Up to date? Great. Because this is my last regular post on this sorry excuse for a once great forum when I have to deal with questions like "is there someone that will explain me about what is this???" This is exactly the kind of low-grade, sub-elementary school content the new format encourages. Goodbye.
    To be fair to dragonsky, FS - I do believe he's from Macedonia, and he's got a balje-esque grasp of the lingo.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 24
    Quoting collister: To be fair to dragonsky, FS - I do believe he's from Macedonia
    As long as he's not from Barcelona.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Maybe we should create a thread for "The Dark Knight Rises" then? As we, the members, need to expand and make Mi6 what we want it to be.
    lol.i know what is batman but i was wondering why it is on Bond forum.i just saw it is in category General Movies & TV.and what is balje-esque grasp of the lingo?yes i am from macedonia but why you think i dont know english? :)
    Quoting dragonsky: what is balje-esque grasp of the lingo?
    M_Balje was a member of the old forums. I haven't seen him around here yet. He was a Dutch member, and notorious for some incoherent ramblings, becoming the butt of many a joke simply because it was almost impossible to understand what he meant. Personally, I suspect he didn't know much English, and so resorted to using an online translator like Babelfish. While they're good for short sentences or translating a word or two, they cannot translate syntax and grammar, so extended pieces of prose often degenerate into nonsensical statements.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 886
    Quoting shadowonthesun:
    Quoting dragonsky: what is balje-esque grasp of the lingo?
    M_Balje was a member of the old forums. I haven't seen him around here yet. He was a Dutch member, and notorious for some incoherent ramblings, becoming the butt of many a joke simply because it was almost impossible to understand what he meant. Personally, I suspect he didn't know much English, and so resorted to using an online translator like Babelfish. While they're good for short sentences or translating a word or two, they cannot translate syntax and grammar, so extended pieces of prose often degenerate into nonsensical statements.

M_Balje I believe has decided not to continue on here. I believe he "left" on another thread. Here
    Great shame. Hopefully he'll reconsider.

On another sad note:
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/latestnews/view/181773/Actor-Michael-Gough-dies-at-94/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
    Veteran actor Michael Gough, a favourite of director Tim Burton and known for his role as butler Alfred in the Batman films, has died at the age of 94.

He was familiar to many moviegoers for roles in four films about the Dark Knight but also notched up appearances in shows such as Doctor Who, The Saint and the Avengers during his six-decade acting career.

He died in the early hours at home with his family, his ex-wife Anneke Wills said through her agent.

Born in Kuala Lumpur, Gough's first acting appearance was in the TV movie Androcles And The Lion in 1946.

He made many appearances in Hammer horror films including 1958's Dracula starring Christopher Lee.

Other notable Hollywood credits included The Boys From Brazil, Out Of Africa and The Age Of Innocence.

He appeared in Doctor Who in the 1960s opposite William Hartnell and later in the 1980s with the fifth Doctor, Peter Davison.

Gough's work with Burton saw him appearing in Sleepy Hollow and providing voices for films such as The Corpse Bride and Alice In Wonderland.

Other notable TV appearances have included roles in The Champions, Colditz and Blake's 7.

His life in pictures
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/gallery/michael_gough_1916_2011_final/

- RIP Mr Gough. :-(
    Always thought he had great hair...will watch my copy of Konga tonight..
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    That is just sad news. :-( I've only recently watched Gough's four Batman films and he really plays Alfred very well. He always looked like such a sweet man to me. But then I suppose 94 is a good age to go.
    Again this is a shame. RIP Mr. Gought.
    Who is going to sell us OnStar now?
  • :(

When I think of Alfred on the big screen, Gough's performance is always the first thing that comes to my mind (which is not to say that Caine is doing a bad job; I just tend to think of his character less as Alfred and more as Micheal Caine). He was great in Doctor Who, too.

RIP
    Well quite obviously, Batman the Animated Series is the single greatest incarnation of our beloved super-hero that we will ever see. Period. Nothing has beaten it, and nothing ever will. Kevin Conroy IS and will always BE Batman! The same goes for Bob Hastings as James Gordon, Mark Hamill as The Joker, Efrem Zimbalist as Alfred Pennyworth, Loren Lester as Robin, Michael Ansara as Mr. Freeze, Arleen Sorkin as Harley Quinn, Robert Costanzo as Harvey Bullock, Richard Moll as Two-Face, and I could go on and on!!!
    Michael Gough acted with Val Kilmer before Batman forever in Top secret.Best comedy ever.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837
    00Beast wrote:
    Well quite obviously, Batman the Animated Series is the single greatest incarnation of our beloved super-hero that we will ever see. Period. Nothing has beaten it, and nothing ever will. Kevin Conroy IS and will always BE Batman! The same goes for Bob Hastings as James Gordon, Mark Hamill as The Joker, Efrem Zimbalist as Alfred Pennyworth, Loren Lester as Robin, Michael Ansara as Mr. Freeze, Arleen Sorkin as Harley Quinn, Robert Costanzo as Harvey Bullock, Richard Moll as Two-Face, and I could go on and on!!!

Have you played the Arkham games? They're meant to be sort of a continuation of the animated series. Not sure about all of them but I think the Batman and Joker voice actors are definetly in them.

anyway I only really got intrested in Batman when Batman Begins was released. Now I can't wait for TDKR.
    00Beast wrote:

Have you played the Arkham games? They're meant to be sort of a continuation of the animated series. Not sure about all of them but I think the Batman and Joker voice actors are definetly in them.

anyway I only really got intrested in Batman when Batman Begins was released. Until then I'd only seen Batman Forever and some episodes of the old TV show. Now I can't wait for TDKR.

Yeah, I have both Arkham games, they're the perfect Batman experience, especially if you enjoy the animated series like me!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The Arkham games are not only great Batman content, they are also two incredibly fun games, well-made and with a tremendous story. I'm a Batman comic book fan first and foremost, and Arkham A and C are right up my alley.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    The Arkham games are not only great Batman content, they are also two incredibly fun games, well-made and with a tremendous story. I'm a Batman comic book fan first and foremost, and Arkham A and C are right up my alley.

Yep amazing games, hopefully BMmk 3 in 2015 add more of the detective side.
    Virage wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

WHAT? Another Batman game?! SWEET! What does that stand for?!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Virage wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

What is BMmk3?
    Virage wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

What is BMmk3?

Batman Mark 3 - the third series of Batman films. The first two being 1989 - 1997 and 2005 - 2012.

The new series won't begin in 2015 though, even Warner Brothers themselves think anywhere from 2017 to 2022. Don't wait around for that!
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Virage wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

What is BMmk3?

Batman Mark 3 - the third series of Batman films. The first two being 1989 - 1997 and 2005 - 2012.

The new series won't begin in 2015 though, even Warner Brothers themselves think anywhere from 2017 to 2022. Don't wait around for that!

I hate this whole "separate series" thing. Is it not just considered the whole Batman movie series? Sure, Batman Begins started the series anew, but I just consider it all one series.
  • Even though the 1960s series was so campy that it would make Roger Moore cringe, it had some great performances from the villians. Both Frank Gorshin and Burgess Meridith as The Riddler and The Pengiun respectively, are great. It makes me wish that they did a serious version with both of these actors.
    00Beast wrote:
    Virage wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

WHAT? Another Batman game?! SWEET! What does that stand for?!

Batman Mark three its my name for the 2015 FILM reboot, sorry for the confusion.
    yay a batman thread!

Okay, where do I start... ever since I was a little kid in the late 80s/early 90s Batman has been with me. I remember sitting in front of the television on Saturdays watching the old 60s series, and it was so good.

Next in line, for me, came BTAS which doesn't need further introduction.

Then I remember hearing about this movie which Batman kills in, and thinking it was badass. So one time when I had a sleepover at my grandmas house we went out to rent some movies. I saw a giant bat logo on one of the tapes and saw that it was a "live action batman!" OMFG! I think that particular rental was the one that got rented to me the most by far haha. Later on when the sequel came out on VHS that was also a must have. I remember it was very very dark and my friend's grandma I think, actually censored it when she taped it from television. I think she sat and stopped the recording when gruesome stuff came on, now that's bloody dedication!

Anyhoos, then came Forever and I remember thinking it was the clearly best of the live action ones. And then when B&R came I first liked it but later became bored with it and with it my sort of hype for Batman.

I completely missed the Batman Begins reboot when it came because I didn't have any knowledge of where the Bat-world was then. I saw it in 2007 I think, right after Ledger had been cast. And it reinvigorated my dormant Batman love. Followed everything Batman from then on, of course I sat in front of the computer following the epic viral marketing for TDK, started reading the comics, watching The Brave and the Bold (which is pure awesomeness btw).

The 60s Batman is still the best for me I think. Even though the grounded Batman (Dark Knight Trilogy and BTAS) has the "true and original" feeling, the campy space Batman (60s and BatB) has so much fun and joy in it, it's impossible not to love it.
    Even though the 1960s series was so campy that it would make Roger Moore cringe, it had some great performances from the villians. Both Frank Gorshin and Burgess Meridith as The Riddler and The Pengiun respectively, are great. It makes me wish that they did a serious version with both of these actors.

Yes, I always loved Gorshin and Meridith as Riddler and Penguin, especially in the 1966 movie from the series. Even though I prefer the voice of The Riddler from BTAS, Gorshin was probably the greatest live-action Riddler, as far as on base with the whole character. Still though, I really like Jim Carrey in Batman Forever, he's pure fun to watch as one of Batman's greatest foes. As for Meridith as Penguin, he's second best next to the voice of Penguin in BTAS. As for Danny DeVito, I despised his incarnation of the Penguin; it truly was unwatchable, in terms of being gross and being ridiculously off character. Penguin is meant to be a man obsessed with the good life and high society whose appearance and mannerisms are often taken as a joke, but he still behaves as if he were a gentleman of society. There wasn't any of that with DeVito!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    00Beast wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Virage wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

What is BMmk3?

I hate this whole "separate series" thing. Is it not just considered the whole Batman movie series? Sure, Batman Begins started the series anew, but I just consider it all one series.
    I like it. When Nolan leaves Batman in acclaim, and sets a separate trilogy from Batman's established cannon, I can look back and smile that someone did Batman right while watching the lackluster adaptions to come, and be proud that they don't share the same universe.

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7: Ehh, the thing with me is that Nolan's Batman incarnations are pretty dull and lifeless to me. There's no fun and excitement, unlike Tim Burton's Batman and Joel Schumacher's first Batman entry. With BB and TDK I'm not really impressed with Batman the character and to me, he's butchering the franchise by focusing on "depth" and "emotion" rather than giving us what we want. Batman doing what Batman does best- kicking butt. Sorry, but Nolan isn't getting it done with me.