Jason Bourne (2002 - present)

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sandy wrote:
    It's not the shirt that makes the man, it's the man who makes the shirt /:)

Very well put @Sandy. Or suit... :D
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Sandy wrote:
    It's not the shirt that makes the man, it's the man who makes the shirt /:)

Very well put @Sandy. Or suit... :D

Well, it can be adapted to whatever piece of clothing!
    I'm also looking forward to the new Bourne Legacy, especially as it's still written by Tony Gilroy. I'm sure it'll be better than his Duplicity which had too many plot twists and flashbacks for my liking. For those that need reminding it starred Clive Owen and Julia Roberts. Anyway, I hope this movie does "quite" well.
    M_Balje wrote:
    No Shaky Cam In "Bourne Legacy"

So the style maybe going to look like "Salt" who have the same editor as Legacy and also have Robert Elswit as Cinematographer. I haven't seen ''Salt'' yet and i wait til i have BD player.[/quote]

"Salt" is worth a look on Blu-Ray, Phillip Noyce done a good job, also uses a few Bond crew members, bought it recently for £5 in London, Bargain!! :-B
    doubleoego wrote:
    bondsum wrote:
    Here's a picture of Rachel Weisz and Daniel Craig....

bourne-legacy-movie-image-rachel-weisz-jeremy-renner.jpeg

Oops, my mistake.That's Jeremy Renner in the first official image of Weisz’ mysterious character, Marta, standing next to the new Bourne.

Isn't that the outfit Bond wore whilst tailing Dimitrios in CR?

I bought this jacket Renner is wearing in Milan a few months back. It's a Belstaff jacket and not actually leather. Bond's leather CR one was designed by Armani for the film.
    I'm starting to worry less about Damon not being in the film, it looks pretty good. Welcome back Bourne (or Cross now, what ever).
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I would love to have that jacket. Have any links with a purchase option, @slyfox?
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 940
    The_Bourne_Legacy_LARGE.jpg

It's called the 'Belstaff H Racer Cardigan Man'. It was out of stock for a while in London but I picked one up when I was visiting Milan earlier this year. It's cool.

http://www.shop.belstaff.com/eshop/product/Belstaff-Jackets-H-RACER-CARDIGAN-MAN.html/1/pid/46439/frmCatID/1301/
    Beautiful. I wish I had the money for it. Did you have to shell out $455 for it?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Nice jacket indeed. Flashy.
    edited May 2012 Posts: 40,372
    Quite. I wish I stumbled upon a couple thousand dollars, just so I could pay off college and spend the rest on some really nice clothes.

I wonder if we'll be getting a new trailer for The Bourne Legacy soon.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 940
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Beautiful. I wish I had the money for it. Did you have to shell out $455 for it?
    It was a more reasonable price but not cheap. I'm a bit obsessed with nice jackets and sometimes, when I see something I really want I abuse the bank balance and just go get it! I see it as where some people spend a fortune on cigarettes every day, expensive hobbies or gambling, I often put money towards a holiday or nice clothes you appreciate. So despite the price, it's all in moderation I think.
    @slyfox, that's what really screws me in terms of shelling out a lot of money for clothes: smoking. I've cut down on my cigarette intake lately, but it's still a pricy addiction.

I did go out and spend close to $100 last weekend on a new polo, dress pants, and a nice, white t-shirt. Looking forward to having somewhere to go out to so I can dress up in public again.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Quite. I wish I stumbled upon a couple thousand dollars, just so I could pay off college and spend the rest on some really nice clothes.

I wonder if we'll be getting a new trailer for The Bourne Legacy soon.

August is approaching, so I'd say late June/early July for sure.
    I hope I get the chance to see it in theaters. A few movies have come and gone recently, and I regret not seeing them when they were out. A good movie in a theater going experience is always the best.

I'm looking forward to Prometheus next, then Savages and The Dark Knight Rises in July, followed by The Bourne Legacy, Total Recall, The Expendables 2, and Lawless in August. After that, it'll get better and better.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2012 Posts: 4,416
    Universal broke Bourne rule and release the movie 14 days earlier then in the first place, Where Sony/MGM broke the November/December rule with Bond September always be month of release the Bourne movie released. The old release date whas 13 September, new Dutch release date is 30 August 2012. Mabey it wil re-correct again close to the release. The last day of vacation from moost people be on Sunday 2 September. August movies always have a hard time and this year in specialy with the Olympic Games in London and some vacations fall late this year (23/24 July-2 September)

For the poster it isn't a problem because it yuse ''comingsoon''.

80521.jpg
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2012 Posts: 15,686
    bourne-legacy-renner.jpg

nathan-fillion-in-castle.jpg
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I hope this films critically fails, and takes a hit financially, though knowing the average moviegoer's brain it won't. I love you Tony, but WHY?!

I really dont see the logic of this statement. How do you win if this film is shite Brady? Just because you can tell the studio I told you so? And I'm not sure what sort of inside info you have to know that it will be awful and only the gullible cretins that comprise the general public will go to see it.

Just thankful you werent around (although I'm sure there were plenty like you) in 69 and thankful that enough of average moviegoers turned out to support OHMSS and prove the series still had legs.

I love the other Bourne films and really hope this is as good. I have my doubts that it will be but I'm hoping. Certainly not going to damn something out of hand as being garbage after just the trailer. Trailers prove nothing. DAD actually looked good in the trailer.
    I hope this films critically fails, and takes a hit financially, though knowing the average moviegoer's brain it won't. I love you Tony, but WHY?!

I really dont see the logic of this statement. How do you win if this film is shite Brady? Just because you can tell the studio I told you so? And I'm not sure what sort of inside info you have to know that it will be awful and only the gullible cretins that comprise the general public will go to see it.

Just thankful you werent around (although I'm sure there were plenty like you) in 69 and thankful that enough of average moviegoers turned out to support OHMSS and prove the series still had legs.

I love the other Bourne films and really hope this is as good. I have my doubts that it will be but I'm hoping. Certainly not going to damn something out of hand as being garbage after just the trailer. Trailers prove nothing. DAD actually looked good in the trailer.

I know all that, I just don't like to see dead horses being beaten, especially when said horse has no business being roughed about.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 5,745
    New trailer.. interesting.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,350
    It looks like a natural extension of the series to me. I'm OK with it and may even see it when it's out.
    My doubts about this are pretty much gone. It looks cool, the story makes sense, and I'll be treating it as a spin off instead of a sequel, that way I'll enjoy it more. Hopefully we get another one with Damon soon after.
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Damon and Renner may team up in the next one.

This film looks to perhaps even take place during the timeframe of the last one, so more so a sequel than a spin-off. How thinking it's one or the other can effect one's enjoyment, I have no idea...
    edited May 2012 Posts: 28,694
    *HYPOCRITE ALERT*

It actually looks good! It has winks to the past films and seems very well panned out even if we don't know the full plot. My worries are eased, but not gone.
    Tony Gilroy is in charge of this one. That should mean no worries at all. He actually seems to know what he is doing.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Tony Gilroy is in charge of this one. That should mean no worries at all. He actually seems to know what he is doing.
    He knows the story and characters after being involved the trilogy, so he should have it together. I expect nothing less.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I don't know, I really don't know. I didn't like this trailer at all, there are things there that simply don't look real, and the thing about Bourne films was that they felt real! I mean, that scene with the motocycle or Renner climbing a wall without using his hands!? And the science babble? That was DAD at its worst (I should know, believe me it's my area of expertise). I really wanted to like this, the first trailer was not great but not bad at all but this? Still, I hope the film is good.
    Sandy wrote:
    I don't know, I really don't know. I didn't like this trailer at all, there are things there that simply don't look real, and the thing about Bourne films was that they felt real! I mean, that scene with the motocycle or Renner climbing a wall without using his hands!? And the science babble? That was DAD at its worst (I should know, believe me it's my area of expertise). I really wanted to like this, the first trailer was not great but not bad at all but this? Still, I hope the film is good.

I pretty much agree with you sandy. The science manipulation of there capabilities doesn't really seem a Bourne thing to do. I am not sure if i will go see it at the cinema yet? Will perhaps look for some reviews first or comments on this forum before i decide?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I think this trailer looks really good and I'm expecting a great movie from this. The Bourne films thus far are fantastic and this looks to be a worthy entry. I can't wait to see this!
    @Sandy is right. There were more than a few moments where action overlook reality, very un-Bourne as we have come to expect.