No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    New still

rxF4bFC.jpg

The new image looks like it could be from this sequence.

I'm guessing it's a photoshoot just for AM magazine in between takes. He doesn't have that shirt on at all from what I can see in the archive.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    New still

Anyone have an HD version of this? Such a cool shot.
    SPOILERS: Mathilde rumours confirmed and plot concerns timely 'biological pandemic'
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8395267/We-werent-expecting-Mr-Bond-007-five-year-old-daughter-new-film-No-Time-Die.html

It looks as though the tabloids have picked up on the story...worth noting this is the same journalist who reported Nomi is 007 and that Phoebe Waller-Bridge was involved with writing the script. So the writer clearly had bonafides......

e1b4401321063641.jpg
    Lea-Seydoux---Films-No-Time-To-Die-in-Italy-10.jpg
    lea-seydoux-james-bond-no-time-to-die-set-in-southern-italy-09-26-2019-3.jpg
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Oh! My God! So it's really true.....Hmmmm, am Dumbfounded. Bond is doing the unimaginable....Bond is a Dad.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    That "insider" is a real a-hole. The article repeats how they wanted to surprise, and now this dick and the paper itself is blowing one of the biggest plot points.

Shameful.

I hope EoN tracks them down and sues their pants off for breaking the Non-disclosure Agreement.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited June 2020 Posts: 7,518
    Stopped reading at "Her mother, 00 agent Dr. Madeleine Swann..."

Also I didn't know Nomi was 'confirmed' to be 007.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Nice to see so many of you like reading a toilet paper substitute.

If I didn't know better I'd think some of you live to spoil this film.

@Pierce2Daniel can't you just wait till the fucking film comes out you leach?
  • manovermanover uk
    Got a feeling they picked up this story from this very forum.
  • manovermanover uk
    All you guys have been discussing this for last few days..only got yourself to blame.
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 3,164
    People do realise this spoiler has been the topic of discussion these past few pages here, and it is a clearly marked spoiler allowed thread! Though the thread title should change to Major Spoilers Allowed...

Personally I’ve thrown in the spoiler towel well and good with the delay but yeah I’m uneasy with this being picked up as an actual news story following MI6HQ - Radio Times, CinemaBlend, now the Mail... Kinda dickish imo, then again so is the leaking of all these call sheets anyway,
  • peterpeter Toronto
    People do realise this spoiler has been the topic of discussion these past few pages here, and it is a clearly marked spoiler allowed thread! Though the thread title should change to Major Spoilers Allowed...

Personally I’ve thrown in the spoiler towel well and good with the delay but yeah I’m uneasy with this being picked up as an actual news story following MI6HQ - Radio Times, CinemaBlend, now the Mail... Kinda dickish imo, then again so is the leaking of all these call sheets anyway,

Agreed-- topic of discussion is one thing on a fan forum. But the selling of the call sheets and this article is abhorrent. The people involved are in direct violation of their NDA.

I hope EoN sues their asses. I'm more than uneasy with this--

It's creepy.

It stinks of greed.

And it truly is handicapping a film months before it comes out. This IS the big reveal. This IS the
    "when her secret gets out, it will be the death of you"

It's disgusting.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    peter wrote: »

Agreed-- topic of discussion is one thing on a fan forum. But the selling of the call sheets and this article is abhorrent. The people involved are in direct violation of their NDA.

It's creepy.

It stinks of greed.

And it truly is handicapping a film months before it comes out. This IS the big reveal. This IS the

It's disgusting.

Why would
    having a child be his death, though? Isn't that a positive thing?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Correct - the thread title should be changed. This is hardly a minor spoiler. It sounds like the entire driving plot point for Bond in the entire film. That's if it is true, of course.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited June 2020 Posts: 5,834
    [removed]
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Walecs wrote: »
    peter wrote: »

It's creepy.

It stinks of greed.

It's disgusting.

Why would
    having a child be his death, though? Isn't that a positive thing?

@Walecs --
    if your child was endangered, as obviously this child will be-- you will do everything to save that child, including sacrificing yourself.
    I know the feeling well as all parents do.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Let’s face the obvious... in a world were movies are spoiled months before their release the idea that a big event film like NTTD - that should’ve already come out two months ago - would’ve been immune to heavy leaks never felt rational to me. It was just a question of time, given the forced delay...
    In the last picture it's NTTD stunt coordinator and veteran stuntman Lee Morrison who's holding the child.

And the location is Arco Magno beach (Spiaggia dell'Arco Magno) with the cave entrance, south of Maratea where they shot Bond and Swann taking a dip

https://i2.wp.com/www.calabriadascoprire.it/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/grotta-di-giorno.jpg?fit=640,400&ssl=1
    https://i1.wp.com/www.calabriadascoprire.it/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/grottacina.jpg?fit=640,400&ssl=1

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Contraband wrote: »
    In the last picture it's NTTD stunt coordinator and veteran stuntman Lee Morrison who's holding the child.

And the location is Arco Magno beach (Spiaggia dell'Arco Magno) with the cave entrance, south of Maratea where they shot Bond and Swann taking a dip

https://i2.wp.com/www.calabriadascoprire.it/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/grotta-di-giorno.jpg?fit=640,400&ssl=1
    https://i1.wp.com/www.calabriadascoprire.it/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/grottacina.jpg?fit=640,400&ssl=1

I remember they didn’t film at the Arco Magno because of bad weather...

Correct - the thread title should be changed. This is hardly a minor spoiler. It sounds like the entire driving plot point for Bond in the entire film. That's if it is true, of course.

Well at this point is 100% true... 5 years old kid with Swann being the mother could mean only one thing.
    edited June 2020 Posts: 3,018
    matt_u wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »

I remember they didn’t film at the Arco Magno because of bad weather...

Well at this point is 100% true... 5 years old kid with Swann being the mother could mean only one thing.

It says Acro on the Call Sheet..
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    This pretty much confirms my belief that the Craig era will serve as the book-ends of the James Bond character. Nearly all Bond films before AND after will theoretically fall somewhere between CR/QOS and NTTD.
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 6,665
    So, another soap opera Bond. Brothergate in one film,
    daddybond
    in another. Right now I'm just going for the aesthetics, the soundtrack, and because it's Daniel's last, with hopefully some cool shots and action pieces. Maybe for the writing. But not for the story itself. I'm tired of character arches like this. Mind you, there'll be plenty to look forward in the film, I'm sure. Too bad that one has to compartmentalise the piece in your head like this. At least since the last one. I'm not condemning the film as I've yet to see it, but the heavily Mi6-team involvement,
    the child
    , the emphasis on other 00s, ... don't bode well for expectations, ...which can be a good thing, now that I think of it. Oh well, we'll see. I'm ready to be surprised.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Not happy with this news at all. I don’t care how much they want to reinvent the character, Bond should never be a father. Very disappointing. At this point I’ll solely be seeing the film because Craig has been a kick a** Bond. The story keeps sounding more and more ridiculous. First cloning, now Bond having a child. Not my cup of tea at all.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I'd gather forget the cloning plot, @DonnyDB5
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 6,665
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Not happy with this news at all. I don’t care how much they want to reinvent the character, Bond should never be a father. Very disappointing. At this point I’ll solely be seeing the film because Craig has been a kick a** Bond. The story keeps sounding more and more ridiculous. First cloning, now Bond having a child. Not my cup of tea at all.

Two words: "James" "Suzuki"

;)

But now they had to change the gender, right? Let the woke debate restart. Or not.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Die Another Day's plot is suddenly sounding not so bad in light of these new developments. ;)
    edited June 2020 Posts: 3,018
    Latest call sheet just posted. Doesn't reveal anything we didn't know already

https://www.ebay.com/usr/stkni55?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
    Really must see the film to judge.

I'm hoping these rumors are false. I've been hoping that for nearly every rumor tied to this film. Luckily the ECLIPSE and GENOME OF A WOMAN rumors did turn out to be false. Maybe this will as well?

If true, unless the film itself is amazing, it may be my least favorite overall, plot wise.

I'm trying to think of the Bond films with, IMO, arguably weaker plots that I love
    ..................DAF, TMWTGG, MR, AVTAK, hmm................let's see...........

Awhile back I saw a Bond podcast speculating that each Bond actor's last film is usually his weakest. Lazenby was the exception to the rule. It's all opinion, of course. I quite like AVTAK and NSNA for instance. However I can understand why many fans feel those films are Moore and Connery's worst. Same with DAD for Pierce.
    Although the trailer for NTTD looked promising, I'm concerned Craig might continue with this time honored tradition.
    Oh well. We'll see for ourselves someday.

Wouldn't that be funny if NTTD makes DAD look like FRWL, OHMSS or CR, yet actually gives Craig an opening gunbarrel so solid it comes across as the only thing done right in the film?

• peterpeter Toronto
    Murdock wrote: »
    Die Another Day's plot is suddenly sounding not so bad in light of these new developments. ;)

@Murdock -- we have a better Bond (in some opinions), better writers once PWB, CF and Scott Burns took over on NTTD, and certainly a better director in CF (I liked Once Were Warriors, but, in my opinion, it doesn't hold a candle to True Detective, Beasts of No Nation, Jane Eyre, Sin Nombre...).....
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I really don't think anything could be as ridiculous as DAD or woeful as SPECTRE.

Some will embrace this idea and some won't but the writing will be infinitely better than those 2.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    Just a thought — what if the child was created using Bond and Madeline’s DNA via a surrogate mother or some other way - perhaps this is the dangerous new technology? That’s a pretty dark plot...