Fun with Bond Titles

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited November 2020 Posts: 12,914
    You Only Live Once (A James Flynn Escapade), Haris Orkin, 2020.
    James Flynn is an expert shot, a black belt in karate, fluent in four languages and irresistible to women. He’s also a heavily medicated patient in a Los Angeles psychiatric hospital. Flynn believes his locked ward is the headquarters of Her Majesty’s Secret Service and that he is a secret agent with a license to kill.

When the hospital is acquired by a new HMO, Flynn is convinced that the Secret Service has been infiltrated by the enemy. He escapes to save the day, and in the process, Flynn kidnaps a young Hispanic orderly named Sancho.

This crazy day trip turns into a very real adventure when Flynn is mistaken for an actual secret agent. Paranoid delusions have suddenly become reality, and now it’s up to a mental patient and a terrified orderly to bring down an insecure, evil genius bent on world domination.
    Once Is Never Enough. Haris Orkin, 2020.
    An old enemy seeking revenge sends James Flynn back around the bend and into a wild adventure even more deranged than his last one. Once again he believes that his psychiatric hospital is the headquarters of Her Majesty’s Secret Service and that he is a secret agent with a license to kill.

With the help of Sancho, his reluctant sidekick, Flynn confronts a mysterious new adversary just as unhinged as he is and far more deadly. The entire planet is in danger and the fate of the world now rests in the hands of a man suavely dancing on the thin line between objective reality and batshit crazy.
    1b1849447ca4812886c3f9b7eb17acbbeea10953.png

Shades of The Bogey Man here.
    Different authors. Same shameless approach.

From Boardwalk with Love (B.L.I.S.S. #1) Nina Bangs
    Love Spell's exciting new B.L.I.S.S. series, which features humorous romances spoofing the spy genre, begins as novice B.L.I.S.S. agent Camryn--#36-DD in the international organization that fights crime the world over--is assigned to protect the world's richest man from financial ruin. But who will safeguard Camryn's heart from Owen Sitall? Original. Paperback, 369 pages [!]
    Dr. Yes (B.L.I.S.S. #2) Lisa Cach
    The second title in Lovespell's new B.L.I.S.S. series finds agent Rachel Calais on a mission to stop Dr. Alan Archer from finding a rare plant that, when properly refined, will have every female in the world on her knees with lust. Original.
    The Loving Daylights (B.L.I.S.S. #3) Lynsay Sands
    Jane Spyrus can build any gadget B.L.I.S.S. needs in its international fight against crime, but she soon meets a fellow who shows her how to love the daylights out of something without batteries. Original.
    016506851afb59b30121c2f821f10ff706f9b55d.png
    476561.jpg
    1060212.jpg
    1422262.jpg

Already mentioned in that( thread, Richard.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    a young Hispanic orderly named Sancho.

Oh the subtlety!!
    edited May 2020 Posts: 12,914
    Ah.....yes, down page one, @Gerard, apologies I'll work harder to avoid duplication.

But there can't be many more examples of these things, right? And what does B.L.I.S.S. stand for?

Once more unto the breach.

CgMwMDXNKuRC0KcWVUWpk-THOqZf2OmQzzkIo1iwG7YfZ5N5EONeISaPvG6PCORDsaxS_r9Eqhh9_kKMvK2Vu1VZ-B0-rIxCqkVf37eWLZQZCTYfv3N92Q=w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu
    Clyde Allison
    https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1176526.Clyde_Allison
    Born in New York City, The United States. January 01, 1926
    Died December 20, 1970
    Clyde Allison was a pseudonym for William Knoles. Most famous for the 0008 series, Knoles has often been regarded as one of the few great sleaze writers. He mostly published with William Hamling's various houses, writing a book almost every month between 1960 and 1968. Knoles was a reader for Scott Meredith Literary Agency when Meredith began supplying Hamling with manuscripts. Beginning with The Lustful Ones (NB1525) in 1960, Knoles became one of Hamling's most prolific and creative authors. He felt hemmed in by the sleaze genre, but his hopes of writing more literary fiction were consistently quashed by the need for a quick paycheck. As far as hack writing goes, in the early days of sleaze writers were paid extremely well, but Knoles still spent it faster than he could bring it in. Bipolar and by some accounts an alcoholic, Knoles committed suicide in 1970.
    Our Man From Sadisto (Agent 0008 #1) 1965
    by Clyde Allison (Pseudonym), William Henley Knoles
    Meet secret agent 0008, the most talented and irresistible killer in the Free World. Follow him as he embarks on the most dangerous mission of his career to ravish his way through hundreds of pretty girls at the lair of a madman. Thus might the world be saved by Our Man From SADISTO.
    Covert art by Robert Bonfils.
    8454855.jpg
    Our Girl From Mephisto (Agent 0008 #2)
    TATU was a teen-age plot to toke over the world. To stop this sin rampage, secret agent 0008 teamed up with the most beautiful female killer the Soviets could find. For this was a crisis more lethal than a hot war. Thus did 0008 peerless lover, fearless killer welcome the body and the bullets of Galina Our Girl From Mephisto.
    34567897._SY475_.jpg
    Nautipuss (Agent 0008, #3)
    It was the most difficult assignment of killer agent 0008’s career. For he must succumb to the ravishing demands of the most evil woman of all time — the diabolical sex goddess — Captain Demo, whose insatiable band of female slaves formed a prison of flesh aboard the — Nautipuss
    9747695.jpg
    Go-Go Sadisto (Agent 0008 #4)
    The botulism terror threatened every human being in America. And only lover-killer agent 0008 knew that one of seven beautiful women was the traitor about to wreak death on the USA. It was a job for SADISTO and 0008 to foil this vicious plot. It was love, murder, and -- GO-GO SADISTO
    10308334.jpg
    ec04b6d4c2bba10cc47e1e61cbb9d1b8cc4a1f70.png

The Desdamona Affair (Agent 0008 #5)
    Menaced by the War on Poverty, SADISTO is poverty stricken! 0008’s career of wanton seduction and assassination is ended… unless he bags a fortune stolen by the international mystery woman of the jet set, ravishingly sadistic D. Eva de Struxion, who alone holds the key to modern science’s most fantastic breakthrough — a secret every agent in the world hungers for… SADISTO’s darkest hour became the Desdamona Affair
    9747707.jpg
    Gamefinger (Agent 0008 #6)
    In Eros Island’s modern Coliseum, lusty men and voluptuous girls stoically massacred each other while the TV cameras captured every bloody scene… Meanwhile, the rocket experts readied the pirate satellites that would soon broadcast the spectacles of slaughter to every nation on earth… still, 0008 waited for the signal that would mean the end of the mad genius that had created Roman Games ’66, the man called Gamefinger
    9752655.jpg
    Sadisto Royale (Agent 0008 #7)
    SENSOVISION - Mankind's greatest boon, the ultimate in entertainment, or...the end of everything. Its mad exploiter had no scruples; the profits would make him the richest man alive. Secret agent 0008 was the only barrier, and he was already strapped in place, the electrodes applied to his brain as the madman recorded every moment of Sadisto Royale
    28673553._SY475_.jpg
    0008 Meets Gnatman (Agent 0008 #8)
    The G-Bomb--30 million megatons of TNT--would atomize Gothic City & blow the planet to bits unless SNIDE's suicidal teen-age swingers were stopped dead! In desperation SADISTO called in the Cloaked Crusader, unaware what lust-jammed adventures would occur when...0008 Meets Gnatman
    2678957.jpg
    579289b3560887b3f0a12a8a33ed975f484b9f18.png
    For Your Sighs Only (Agent 0008 #9)
    The gold was there for the taking — a 1,000 tons of treasure — secreted in its ancient cavern, hidden by the endless sands of the Iranian Desert.... It was a battle of love and death between SADISTO and KRUNCH, between intrepid playboy-killer, 0008, and insatiable Fu Chink Chu, who promised him the most exquisite of all known torture...For Your Sighs Only
    34568066._SY475_.jpg
    The Lost Bomb (Agent 0008 #10)
    Time was running out for SADISTO'S Trevor Anderson, 0008, and for every one else...except the masterminds of sinister KRUNCH. For somewhere in the murky depths of lower Manhattan, hidden away on a rocky ledge, resting precariously, menacingly...was the threat of...The Lost Bomb
    32345497._SY475_.jpg
    The Merciless Mermaids (Agent 0008 #11)
    A mad medical genius had declared war to the death with the Navy … and he was ready to unleash his diabolical Merciless Mermaids for control of the oceans. He already had mastered the monsters of the deep — SUPER SQUIDS — and only 0008 stood in his way…The Merciless Mermaids
    9769906.jpg
    Mondo Sadisto (Agent 0008 #12)
    PIRANHAS - the killer fish of the amazon - wreaking havoc in the waterways of North America...Sinister KRUNCH's most devilish plot! Just another hard day's nightmare for crack agent, 0008, in his...Mondo Sadisto
    34005848._SY475_.jpg
    d1e5998c70ac196950eda8fda10b37fba656bebb.png

0008 Meets Modesta Blaze (Agent 0008 #13)
    SADISTO's voluptuous female agents weren't hiding anything from crack lover/killer 0008, as he probed HQ for the missing secrets! But this was just the beginning of the caper known as...
    0008 MEETS
    MODESTA BLAZE!
    ...for Modesta had more than the secrets—she had the drop on SADISTO; and the General shuddered when he learned that her price was 0008's life!
    34568142._SY475_.jpg
    The Sex-Ray (Agent 0008 #14)
    The 14th 0008 book!
    Trevor Anderson battles Yamahata, the KRUNCH Colonel with her little green girls in saucers -- all aiming for world arms domination by means of ... The Sex Ray!
    Nice Bonfils cover art with great hand-lettered title.
    First line:
    "She was naked, she was lovely and she was engaged in using a pond. --to swim in, that is."
    9769934.jpg
    Roburta The Conqueress (Agent 0008 #15)
    The latest super-villian [sic] with a plan to take over the world is a Scot who is as insane as he is powerful and he has the use of a nuclear dirigible from which to carry out his scheme unless 0008 can stop him.
    34568185._SY475_.jpg
    From Rapture With Love (Agent 0008 #16)
    It is Trevor Anderson, agent 0008, up against Psychedelia Schmidt, an evil woman who is intent on dumping LSD into America's water supply.
    34568208._SY475_.jpg
    de5b2309d34d3baaae0f50e37e73a2e4e2e1a432.png

The Ice Maiden (Agent 0008 #17)
    Fun-femmes—and hot-blooded killers, SADISTO recruits—Jade the maid, nubile Nubiana and svelt Suzy the Surfer stuck close to 0008, hot after...
    THE ICE MAIDEN
    ...a frigid chick 0008 had vowed to thaw out, before she put the world in a deep freeze with her fabulous entropy gun!
    34569752._SY475_.jpg
    The Sin Funnel (Agent 0008 #18)
    THE MAN FROM SADISTO book 18: Trevor Anderson, Agent 0008, goes up against KRUNCH Kolonel Katherine who has invented a time machine, or as she refers to it, the Time Funnel. Join 008, Katherine, Eve the Cave Girl, and many more naked women in THE SIN FUNNEL
    24850072._SY475_.jpg
    Platypussy (Agent 0008 #19)
    Agent 0008, Trevor Anderson, is send Down Under to investigate the activities of Dada Port Douglas.
    34569819._SY475_.jpg
    The Desert Damsels (Agent 0008 #20)
    In his last recorded adventure, Trevor Anderson is sent to investigate strange activities in a desert, one of which involves the death of the writer 'Clyde Allison', killed by a giant vampire bat.
    34569868._SY475_.jpg
    daef7eb7636bcdaf9f8d20ba9c6e1d0a6ea0768a.png

These covers!! I want them all. And Sadisto Royale's not that far from the real thing, eh?

(I laughed harder than I should at Nautipuss.)
    edited May 2020 Posts: 12,914
    I found the first Archie comic earlier.

Now the one on the right doesn't show it on the cover, but there is a spy villain called Silverfinger.

7def78b66007d890ec71f8a2171251b958f8a43e.png
    Archie's Mad House No. 52, 1966.
    https://www.comics.org/issue/226181
    Agents 0098 and 0099 graduate spy school, become gofers for more respected agents, and bumble their way into stopping "Notorious Spy, Mr. Silverfinger" with a toaster
    24PAHHx-PIuhK1OJF1gM75x32FDVW6bxgPUlZe1d5A44395k1P3VpzRv9ksLta2rWIVDmCZYGS5OYHPLtM7J8AgEmgw-H0aIIMoxAQ5YQSJJgtGzqZhlEYWCgx9fSfgmZ4PVEw=s1600
    s-l640.jpg

And there is the inevitable seedier version.

Silverfinger (Cherry Delight: Sexecutioner #3)
    by Glen Chase (Gardner F. Fox), 1973
    CHERRY BREAKS THE BACK OF THE MAFIA
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/37668387-silverfinger
    I'm Cherry Delight and I'm good at what I do. No boast, just fact. With revolver or automatic can put six out of six in a bullseye, or a body. My hair is naturally red-hence the Cherry—and a Delight is what I am for people I like, or those I want to destroy. Mostly I want to destroy the Mafia, and that's why I'm top agent for N.Y.M.P.H.O. (otherwise known as the NEW YORK MAFA PROSECUTION AND HARASSMENT ORGANIZATION). I love sex and I hate the Mob. I break the old guys backs and the young guys hearts—usually with a bullet. I can speak six languages and kill without saying a word. This time I go after the Mob's too executive in Southern Italy. Silverfinger is his name and cruelty is his kick. But two can play that game—and they don't call me Champ for nothing.
    22835621._SY475_.jpg
    37668387._SY475_.jpg
    fc06c457a5a3b7612fd38215e0bc11b6.jpg

186209c99ad5c84cc8f8eee5643adc0ce4ddea48.png

Spies Like Me: A Young Adult Spy Thriller Adventure (The Gems Spies #1),
    by Doug Solter, 2016
    Can she bring these girls together? When she discovers her father's plane crash wasn't an accident, sixteen year old Emma wants to punish those responsible. Even if it means becoming a spy. The mysterious organization known simply as The Authority wants Emma to join The Gems. This team of all-girl spies knows how to handle themselves on dangerous missions...
    like stopping an evil plan to incinerate the world's food supply.
    Tomorrow Always Lies (The Gems Spies #2)
    What if you met the perfect boy, but discovered he was an android? Sixteen-year-old Nadia has an MIT scholarship waiting for her after high school. That's why a mysterious organization know as The Authority recruited her to become a spy. The girl from Saudi Arabia now lives with three other talented girls known as the Gems. They go on dangerous missions all over the world. But first, they must do their homework.

When Nadia first met him, Robert was an awkward boy with striking green eyes, hardly someone on the FBI's most wanted list. But when Robert reveals his secret, Nadia and the Gems are thrown into a cross-country chase dodging FBI agents, Russian mercenaries, and a Polynesian giant named Kawiki.

As the world's intelligence agencies close in on the Gems, Nadia is forced to choose between her warming feelings for Robert and the oath she swore to her friends and the Authority.

Can Nadia and the Gems find sanctuary for Robert or will his self-aware mind be deleted forever?

Tomorrow Always Lies is the second book in The Gems Young Adult spy thriller series that features strong characters, girl-power bonding, riveting action, and lots of fun.
    Think Gallagher Girls sprinkled with some Star Trek.
    Thunderdog (The Gems Spy Series Book #3)
    Can they save thousands of teens from becoming weapons of mass destruction? In Japan, sixteen-year-old Miyuki always felt like a square being pounded into a round hole. She turned her back on tradition and earned the fury of her father. The father who burned her with a cigarette and sent her off to live with strangers in a strange land. Now Miyuki is one of the Gems, a group of four talented young ladies who spy for a mysterious world-wide organization known simply as The Authority.

When a new energy drink called Thunderdog causes a rash of violence at their high-school, Miyuki and the Gems are sent to Japan to find out why. The visit forces Miyuki to see her father, now a senior executive of the company that produces Thunderdog.

As Miyuki struggles with family, the Gems uncover a dark trail of conspiracy, bigotry, and a diabolical plan that would see most of the great cities of the world burn.

Can Miyuki convince her father to help? Can the Gems stop thousands of teens from become weapons of mass destruction?

Thunderdog is the third book in The Gems Young Adult spy thriller series that features genuine characters, heart-racing action, and lots of international intrigue.
    Think Gallagher Girls meets Totally Spies.

6ae85c96897e45ba02935fe86d63a25883b58bce.png

The Cunning Linguist (Coxeman, #32)
    by Troy Conway, 1970
    4bbf206ad553ca146b5fa5bbed43584d.jpg
    The%2BCunning%2BLinguist%2B%2528Troy%2BConway%252C%2B1970%2529.jpg
    78645006d567e659c26adf2501ff115ad2a79ab3.png

Mission Unstoppable (The Genius Files, #1)
    by Dan Gutman, 2011
    The most exciting road trip in history begins! In this action-packed, New York Times bestselling adventure, twelve-year-old twins Coke and Pepsi McDonald embark on a family vacation you'll have to read to believe.

With the real-kid humor that has earned Dan Gutman millions of fans around the world, and featuring weird-but-true American tourist destinations, The Genius Files is a one-of-a-kind mix of geography and fun. As Coke and Pepsi dodge nefarious villains from the Pez museum in California all the way to the Infinity Room in Wisconsin, black-and-white photographs and maps put young readers right into the action. And don't miss the next leg of the journey in The Genius Files: Never Say Genius!

Supports the Common Core State Standards

8514027.jpg
    Never Say Genius (The Genius Files, #2)
    Today is Coke and Pepsi McDonald's thirteenth birthday.
    Someone's out to make sure they never make it to thirteen and a half.

Racing across America,
    the twins will nearly be
    BOILED ALIVE
    in a huge basket of french fries,
    FROZEN TO DEATH
    by soft-serve ice cream,
    STAMPEDED
    in a wild stadium riot,
    KIDNAPPED
    from a high-speed
    roller coaster, and
    WORST OF ALL
    their parents think
    they're totally joking!

Will they survive? Will they defeat Archie Clone? Will they be dropped out of a helicopter onto the tip of the Washington Monument? Will they ever say "genius"?

11607961.jpg
    You Only Die Twice (The Genius Files, #3)
    The most dangerous road trip in history continues for thirteen-year-old twins Coke and Pepsi McDonald.

Just when they thought they were safe, the twins will be

chased
    by an evil Elvis impersonator,

trapped
    in a pool of flesh-eating soda pop, nearly

pulverized
    in a giant shredder, and

crushed
    in a turbo-charged carnival ride.

worst of all,
    no one believes them!

Will they make it out alive? Will they ever find out who’s really after them? All bets are off in this explosive third book in the Genius Files series!

15818083.jpg
    e63082b80d405f82821b08ea04c73750849e49d6.png
    From Texas with Love (The Genius Files, #4)
    The wackiest road trip in history continues in book four of the New York Times bestselling Genius Files series, following twins Coke and Pepsi as they dodge villains and visit weird-but-true landmarks from Texas all the way to Roswell, New Mexico! With the real-kid humor that has earned him millions of readers around the world, and featuring all new weird-but-true locations around America, this fourth book in the New York Times bestselling Genius Files series is absolutely batty!

After their explosive escape at Graceland, twins Coke and Pepsi are ready to resume their trip across America—only now in a convertible instead of the RV. They travel through Arkansas and Oklahoma, visiting weird-but-true tourist stops along the way, and finally end up in Texas, home of the Weird Capital of the Country, Austin. The twins' many enemies—the bowler dudes, Mrs. Higgins, and Dr. Warsaw—all swear that they're done chasing Coke and Pepsi for good. But when the twins start receiving more codes and ciphers from a mysterious robotic voice, they know someone's after them. They just have to figure out who before the mystery villain finds them first.

18053082.jpg
    License to Thrill (The Genius Files, #5)
    The wackiest road trip in history has reached its final destination...

But Coke and Pepsi McDonald aren't in the clear just yet! Before they reach the finish line, the twins will be abducted by aliens, trapped with a venomous snake, pushed through a deadly turbine, and thrown into a volcano.

Craziest of all, their parents might finally believe them!

Will the twins make it back home to California in one piece, or will they fall off the top of the Golden Gate Bridge? It's all coming to an end with this fifth book in the Genius Files series. You'll have to read it to believe it!

22206699.jpg
    48449e9443f13f6fe635751b696e372d0c6b800c.png

In 2018 IDP publishing released four comics with variant covers, as a promotion and prequel to the latest film of the Transformers franchise. All Bond-inspired.

edited June 2020 Posts: 12,914
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5760354-thunder-raker?from_search=true&from_srp=true&qid=v1uEUmAovU&rank=1
    Thunder Raker (Agent Alfie, #1), Justin Richards
    A hilarious new series for younger readers, following the misadventures
    of an ordinary boy at an extraordinary school for young spies…

Jake's dad is head of the Secret Service. Alice's dad is a double agent. Harry's dad has
    infiltrated SPUD – the Secret Partners for Undertaking Destruction.
    And Alfie's dad… is a postman.

Thunder Raker Manor is a very exclusive school. All the pupils are there
    because their parents or guardians are agents and spies.

All except one.

Because eight-year-old Alfie's dad isn't anything to do with the secret services.
    He's the local postman who just reckoned that Thunder Raker Manor was
    a great school. So when the Head Teacher receives a letter from
    the Prime Minister saying that Alfie has been given a special place
    and will start immediately, he isn't to know that Alfie's dad wrote it
    and slipped it in with the 'special' post…

Now Alfie has to get to grips with Thunder Raker’s unusual curriculum and some even
    stranger new friends. He’s got classes in camouflage (if anyone can ever find Mr Trick)
    and Assassination (only kids keep going missing from Miss Fortune’s class). And he’s
    now in permanent danger from SPUD agents. But to his surprise, Alfie finds that he
    might just be quite good at this spying game…

5760354.jpg
    On Her Majesty's Postal Service (Agent Alfie 2)
    A hilarious new series for younger readers, following
    the misadventures of an ordinary boy at an extraordinary school for young spies

Alfie and his friends are preparing for their SATS exams because everyone knows that if
    you don t have your Special Agent Training Standards you can t go on to do your GCSEs.
    And if you didn t have your General Cerftificate in Surveillance and Espionage then where
    would you be?

The thing is, SATS are hard enough as it is. But when the test papers go missing in the
    post and are replaced by competitions to win sets of matching saucepans, it just gets
    ridiculous Can Alfie and his friends solve the mystery of the missing post? One thing s for sure:
    SPUD just have to be behind it, somehow

5760344.jpg
    51NowHUTJ2L.jpg
    Licence To Fish Agent Alfie (3)
    The threat from SPUD is growing in book three of this delightful espionage series for young readers can Alfie and his friends again save the day?

SPUD (Secret Partners for Undertaking Destruction) has set up a secret base under the school pond and is using radio-controlled duck-cameras to gather information. But the chief SPUD agent has made the mistake of having his weekly edition of SPUD's Nasty Newsletter redirected to his new base by Alfie's dad, the local postman! It doesn't take long for the gang to work out what SPUD are up to. Can Alfie and his friends find a way of turning the SPUD infiltration to their advantage? Of course they can and soon the school is teaching the pupils using even more bizarre methods than usual, all for SPUD's benefit. Will the evil organization really believe in assassination by daffodil? Or that trained hamsters are used to infiltrate their bases? Of course they will!

6759096.jpg
    M03480225616-large.jpg

aa823ad21c6fb71276e966c8c4d5f64b79a45078.png

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited June 2020 Posts: 14,861
    Heh! They sound quite fun. He's a good writer too.
    Okay, the second title struck a chord.

Oddjobs (Oddjobs #1), Heide Goody, 2016.
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30519186-oddjobs
    It’s the end of the world as we know it, but someone still needs to do the paperwork.

Incomprehensible horrors from beyond are going to devour our world but that’s no
    excuse to get all emotional about it. Morag Murray works for
    the secret government organisation responsible for making sure
    the apocalypse goes as smoothly and as quietly as possible.

In her first week on the job, Morag has to hunt down a man-eating starfish,
    solve a supernatural murder and, if she’s got time, prevent her own inevitable death.

The first book in a new comedy series by the creators of ‘Clovenhoof’, Oddjobs is a
    sideswipe at the world of work and a fantastical adventure featuring
    amphibian wannabe gangstas, mad old cat ladies, ancient gods,
    apocalyptic scrabble, fish porn, telepathic curry and, possibly,
    the end of the world before the weekend.

30519186._SX318_.jpg
    This time it's Personnel (Oddjobs #2)
    The Venislarn. Vastly intelligent aliens from another dimension or dribbling
    insane gods from a distant realm? It’s impossible to tell. What’s certain is that they’re
    here and they’re going to destroy our world.

But, hey, there’s no mileage to be gained from telling the kiddywinks that monsters are real…

The consular mission to the Venislarn are the god appeasers and the end of life carers
    for an oblivious planet. It may be the end of the world as we know it but there are
    procedures and policies in place and everything should go according to plan.

But, in the city, someone’s buying souls door to door, dealing the kind of magical drugs
    that guarantee a really, really bad trip and, if something isn’t done about it, the end of
    the world might just happen a lot sooner than planned.

Sequel to the hilarious ‘Oddjobs’, this is a workplace comedy like no other, featuring
    face-eating grannies, telepathic spiders, bloodthirsty school kids, murder on the
    dancefloor, sex-crazed pondlife, and actual stockbrokers from hell.

The weekend can’t come soon enough (if it comes at all).

35522551._SY475_.jpg
    You Only Live Once (Oddjobs #3)
    The earth has been invaded by unfathomable terrors from another dimension
    and international governments are doing their best to pretend nothing is happening.

But you can’t keep an alien invasion hidden forever.

A Hollywood production company is filming in the city: a spy thriller blockbuster that will
    introduce the Venislarn monsters to the viewing public. It’s a dream come true for the marketing team.

Rod Campbell — former SAS soldier and now the first line of defence against the
    Venislarn horde — is less than keen. He’s meant to be on the movie set
    as an advisor but he’s already got his hands full.

Gods are demanding human sacrifices, renegade Venislarn are seeking asylum
    on earth and there’s a magical teapot that says the city is facing imminent destruction.
    It’s going to be a tough week and Rod might not live to see the end of it.

49635218._SX318_.jpg
    d4ca484dc4f8adb574848fa8dc047bc508e0aaf1.png

Out of Hours (Oddjobs #4)
    Morag Murry is about to give birth to the Venislarn anti-Christ and her baby is
    eager to be born. Very eager. With only Steve the Destroyer to help her through her
    labours, she knows that when this child is born, the earth will face its final day.

Rod Campbell knows that the world will end at midnight if he doesn’t rescue Morag from
    a secret organisation that wants to use her as a pawn in its war against the Venislarn.
    If only he had a clue where they are holding her…

Nina Seth is literally out of her own time. An evil sorceress is causing havoc in eighteenth
    century England. With only Steve the Destroyer to help Nina prevent the premature end
    of the world, this clueless time-traveller has to save the past and find a way back to the present.

Vivian Grey is in hell — literally — a place where there is no time at all. Caught in a
    political conflict between warring Venislarn gods and with many human lives at stake,
    Vivian (and Steve the Destroyer) must join forces if they’re both to survive.

One day and one night to save the world (again!) and no one’s getting paid overtime…

50521478._SX318_.jpg
    Last Christmas (Oddjobs #2.5) [/b]
    Over the rooftops of the city at Christmas, Krampus is stealing children,
    but has he got the correct paperwork?

Rod and Nina from the secret government organisation responsible for managing
    incomprehensible horrors are called from the office party to intervene.

A short story in the Oddjobs universe that tries to answer the age-old question: w
    hat Christmas present do you get for the demon who has everything?

41713664._SY475_.jpg
    1795a8f52ddac91d18514e03ce5a5daf4c224afa.png

Johnny Danger, D.I.Y. Spy by Peter Millett, 2015
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25557644-johnny-danger-diy-spy
    A hilarious, action-packed tale featuring a pair of evil number twos, a madman, exploding bogey bombs, discount ninjas and a man-eating piranha called Bob.

Johnny Danger has always dreamed of being a spy. He's even created a fake web page posing as secret agent Johnny Danger - complete with crazy gadgets and awesome assignments.

M16 are on the lookout for a new recruit, and they think Johnny is the real deal.

So begin the adventures of Johnny Danger DIY Spy - and his hothead sidekick Penelope Pounds - as he finds himself on a mission to save the world, capture a villain, and stay one step ahead of everyone.

Because if people find out Johnny Danger is just a school boy pretending to be a spy, it could mean the end of his dreams. And the end of Johnny . . .

25557644._SY475_.jpg
    Johnny Danger - Lie Another Day
    A riotously funny adventure featuring death-defying bungee bogeys, Big Andy the killer anaconda, despicable G.R.O.S.S. agents, and a gassy evil villain known as The Blank Space.

Jonathan Dangerfield has pulled off the ultimate prank by fooling MI6 and the entire world into believing he's super spy Johnny Danger. It's just his awful older brother Ian who keeps trying to blow his cover.

And now Johnny's friend Tim wants to join their spy team and his partner Penelope Pounds is furious – she's sure Tim will put their MI6 careers in peril.

Armed with a new set of crazy gadgets, the trio head to a remote jungle village where they go head to head with an old foe . . .

But will they make it out alive?

29408216.jpg

Johnny Danger: Spyborg (Book 3)
    Jonathan Dangerfield - aka Johnny Danger super spy - is facing his most dangerous mission yet. Not only has Dr Disastrous escaped, but he has joined forces with the evil inventor Yuri Boom-Boom. Boom-Boom has created an army of Yuri-nators, cyborg clones that are so humanlike even MI6 is compromised. Their number one mission? Exterminate Johnny Danger. Number two mission? Take over the world.Johnny doesn't know who to trust. And with his partner Penelope badly injured, his father acting very weird, and a golden terminator hot on his heels, the teenage super spy is fast running out of time ...

35651065._SY475_.jpg
    4fc129a3c83ee9be1b7ae230486162377f0c3160.png
    edited July 2020 Posts: 12,914
    Secret Agent 00K9: The Fast & the Furriest, Brian Neil Hoff, 2014
    Spy dog detective, Secret Agent 00K9, is on a mission to recover a missing dog collar belong to Furrywood poodle actress Tinky Bigmoore. Equipped with the very latest in spy gadgets from TerrierDyne, the International Animal Spy Headquarters. Follow along with 00K9 as he traces the stolen collar to that notorious crime boss pit bull, Legs Diamond. 00K9 and his cast of characters embark on wild adventure deep within a crazy animal-human metropolis featuring spy detective dogs, bears and gorillas in police suits, animal news anchors, monkey pilots, ordinary animal citizens, celebrity dogs and cats, spy robots, mobster dogs, and even spy fish deep in ocean. Follow along as operatives and agents in every species from every country solve crimes in a vast intricate world of espionage. The adventure has only begun.

26188004._SY475_.jpg
    51WgSm+JTqL.jpg
    Secret Agent 00K9: The Bone Ultimatum
    Secret Agent 00K9 is on a Secret mission to steal back the Precious Pink Diamond belonging to Furrywood star Tinky Bigmoore. Equipped with the very latest in spy gadgets from TerrierDyne, the International Animal Spy Headquarters, follow along with 00K9 as he traces the stolen gem to that notorious collector, Legs Diamond, and teaches him that crime doesn’t pay.

51udTse6KVL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    51N8ud0R3PL.jpg
    Secret Agent 00K9: Canine Royale
    Once again, spy dog detective Secret Agent 00K9 joins forces with a cast of wacky human-like animal characters. 00K9 holds top secret meetings with retired spy spider Archie Noid and spy dragon Detective Komoto to make plans to thwart a missile attack on TerrierDyne, the International Animal Spy Headquarters. The action never stops as 00K9 battles the robot army of the villain Wonton, a vicious tattooed cat hiding out in Hong Kong. In the end the animal characters celebrate the opening of Tinky Bigmoore's new action adventure film, "Canine Royale."

51ZMrwL240L._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    51SRkYzDQkL.jpg

55d27e6321a0147a76e35e37a50e167337931c19.png

7826f15367ecf0c0d43a0834d832af9d0d6c600a.png

Secret Agent 00K9: The Fast & the Furriest, Brian Neil Hoff, 2014

Well these look right up my alley.
    Well as you might suspect there's more.

SECRET AGENT 00K9: THE FAST & THE FURRIEST
    Based on Action Adventure Book Series, and Feature Film Script
    http://www.00k9.com/
    f9c72c2e40e414709c347f79938bf02d49bb7979.png

e8079faccc0663c1beefc16e6c77fcbd498131ce.png

29d562961c7f4aa108c105a509909b93875257cf.png

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTmIL6K1opCfZnJXIjz2YfQ5gvC8onVMIOl52oPQAs5Wwnl5HhE&usqp=CAU
    1032967-00k9landscapeposterjuly2017withtitle3-1280.jpg?itok=xKAJWoa7
    MV5BMzNhOWNjZDctNThjYS00ZTdjLWIzZWYtNjE0Njk0NmMyMjliXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4MjUwNDk@._V1_.jpg
    1032967-00k9explosionbackgroundlandscapedesign1may2017-1260.jpg?itok=WvqnnQTc
    1032022-00k9actionpostersept2016-1200.jpg?itok=Cu7vBtaY

1032967-secret-agent-00k9-take-part-original-animated-animal-universe-parody.jpg?itok=IEuqWT02
    Comic-Con
    68f1ab3bfbc0035653e4ca9ed220c2c2?AccessKeyId=303FFB8037740BB61AF7&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

Characters
    1032022-00k9charactersheet2016-1200.jpg?itok=pGmeTx9g

And to round it out, two more new and old.

00K9 (2020), Bud Banister
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12416788/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
    When Oddball, head of the Canine Intelligence Agency (CIA), learns of a villain named Sharposki and his elaborate plot to detonate a nuclear warhead to destroy the CIA and the whole galaxy.

01a274160a91a5f6631b58f0af3dd855cafaed60.png
    hqdefault.jpg
    71hNb%2BuaO3L._SL1500_.jpg

For perspective, the concept was first executed in 1965 as a toy.

00K9: The Dog from S.C.E.N.T., 1965

c2ac3ee4237ba905b39465eb9946e82d3b37a2e3.jpg

magic triangle Toys

The Spy-Dog
    that's sure to find
    you . . . if you give
    him enough ______.
    Watch him go.
    Amazing 00K9 finds
    the right trail . . .
    gets right on it . . .
    and follows it
    anywhere . . . inside
    and outside.
    Battery powered.

YOU'VE SEEN HIM ON TV!
    Another new fun concept from magic triangle Toys.

Vintage-1960s-00K9-Spy-Dog-in-Box-by-AMF.jpg
    fdd11f7efc280e49e2eb22f2a4bcb2ee54bf698d.jpg

006 and a Bit, Kes Gray, 2006
    Daisy is back and this time she's not just Daisy, she's 006 and a Bit, spy extraordinaire. With her black felt-tip moustache, dark glasses, secret spy gadgets and special spy code, she's poised and ready for action. There's just one problem, nobody can understand a word she's saying! Mrs Pike the neighbour, Tiptoes the cat and even Gabby, Daisy's best friend, are all baffled by her spy language.

Poor 006 and a Bit is about to abandon her mission when a mysterious stranger with a blue moustache and purple beard deep pokes his head around the door . . .

879598.jpg
    91jAbOfFZuL.jpg
    006 and a Half, Kes Gray, 2007
    "Move over, James Bond
    Daisy is going undercover!"

In this hilarious third book in the quickly growing series, Daisy decides she wants to play her favorite dress-up game: spies! But how can she accomplish her missions if no one understands her secret code language? Daisy is almost ready to call it quits when her mom gets into the action, and Daisy realizes that being a spy just might run in the family. The special friendship shared by a mother and daughter shines through this new Daisy tale, as does the fun.

Childrens Book of the Month Club selection

879602._UY630_SR1200,630_.jpg
    51q4Ok4CyzL.jpg
    5ab4859e06c1adc793fb7d4086adbd96ac101411.png

For perspective, the concept was first executed in 1965 as a toy.

Get Smart's Fang was agent K-13 because they thought K-9 would be too cliché!
    Fang, huh.

Licensed To Thrill (A Jayne Bond Paranormal Mystery #1), Gemma Brocato, 2019
    Allow me to introduce myself: Bond. Jayne Bond. Master spy, loose cannon. Oh, and undead.

As an operative for the secretive Vampire Intelligence Service saving the world is my job. And because I am secretly clinging to my soul, I’ve been known to go rogue to save random humans. When the leaders of the VIS learn of a conspiracy to take over the world, they saddle me with a bumbling rookie agent to track down the mastermind behind the plot.

While investigating a deadly chemical spill I learn that all mortals are targets in the battle between good versus evil and my arch-nemesis is more determined than ever to see me dead. Matters go from bad to worse when I discover my trainee isn’t as inexperienced as I’ve been led to believe.

If I disobey direct orders on this assignment, my secret will be out. But I’ll gladly break the rules to save my life, and those of all humans.
    44315114._SY475_.jpg
    For Your Fangs Only: A Jayne Bond Paranormal Mystery (Book 2), Gemma Brocato, 2019
    Jayne’s latest assignment is simple: Stop a kidnapping, save the world, and hold on to her humanity.
    Ordered to care more about the world leaders than other humans, Vampire Intelligence Service master spy Jayne Bond is forced to pretend she’s a cold emotionless operative as she throws herself into her latest mission: foil a terrorist cell plot to kidnap the G8 world leaders.

When she arrives in Italy at the summit Navy SEAL she is paired to work with, Renner Warren is actually a vampire as well. When the prince of the Vampire Confederation is also kidnapped, she must save him…even if it means sacrificing the other leaders.

The doomsday clock starts ticking faster when the criminal mastermind behind the plot announces plans to auction the abducted leaders to the highest-bidding enemy nations. With their backs against the wall, Jayne must trust Warren, and use every spy trick she’s ever learned to save the powerful leaders from sure death and the world from chaos all while struggling to retain her own humanity.
    45837346._SY475_.jpg
    The Vamp's Golden Gun: Jayne Bond Paranormal Mystery Book 3, Gemma Brocato, 2019
    Vampire master spy Jayne Bond has been forced into temporary retirement thanks to the five-million-dollar bounty on her head. But while in Singapore, evading an elite assassin’s golden bullet, she stumbles across a plot to weaponize the sun and hold the world for ransom. 
When Jayne’s sometime demon-with-benefits informs her the underworld has frozen over, she recognizes it as the result of a test on the device she’d discovered. Calling her full team into action, including an assortment of unlikely demons, Jayne finds herself fighting to survive on two fronts, stop the assassin, and save the world from domination by a power-crazed gang leader.
When Jayne’s human partner is injured in the line of duty, she’ll do whatever it takes to save his life. But the act that saves him could very well lead to the end of her existence.

49582021._SY475_.jpg
    55cef31bde6e174ac7a2a7cd0116e8db1834f128.png

Disney's guilty.
    Sweet Duck of Youth and Double-O-Duck (Disney's Duck Tales),
    BDD Promotional Books Company, 1990
    il_570xN.1866709750_rrvg.jpg
    il_570xN.1914229517_7q0g.jpg
    2552929.jpg

DuckTales, Double-O-Duck
    Season 1 | Episode 41, 25 November 1987
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0566938/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
    When a spy who looks exactly like Launchpad is caught, Launchpad is offered to impersonate that spy in order to foil an evil plot.
    Director: Terence Harrison
    Cast
    Jack Angel ... (voice)
    Rene Auberjonois ... Dr. Nogood (voice)
    Peter Cullen ... J. Gander Hoover (voice)
    Barry Dennen ... (voice)
    Tress MacNeille ... Feathers Galore / Female Operator (voice)
    Terence McGovern ... Launchpad McQuack (voice) (as Terry McGovern)
    Hal Smith ... Gyro Gearloose (voice)
    Alan Young ... Scrooge McDuck (voice)

Trivia
    This episode almost sparked a spinoff series called "Double-O-Ducks," in which Launchpad McQuack would team up with another duck spy, James Pond. This idea was scrapped, when it was learned that "Double-O" was a copyrighted name, created by Ian Fleming, and owned by Albert R. Broccoli, producer of the James Bond films. Instead, elements of "Double-O-Ducks" were added to the series, Darkwing Duck (1991).
    The criminal organization F.O.W.L. (the Foreign Organization for World Larceny) later reappeared in the series, Darkwing Duck (1991), where it was called the Fiendish Organization for World Larceny.
    7a92d0cc19e4f69093db8b0fae13875e.jpg

Double-O-Duck in You Only Crash Twice!
    Season 3 | Episode 3, Episode aired 11 April 2020
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1231655/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
    A spy video game turns dangerously real as Launchpad and Dewey must stop F.O.W.L. agent Steelbeak's plan to destroy Duckburg.
    Director: Jason Zurek
    Stars: David Tennant, Ben Schwartz, Kate Micucci | See full cast & crew
    Cast
    Jack Angel ... (voice)
    Rene Auberjonois ... Dr. Nogood (voice)
    Peter Cullen ... J. Gander Hoover (voice)
    Barry Dennen ... (voice)
    Tress MacNeille ... Feathers Galore / Female Operator (voice)
    Terence McGovern ... Launchpad McQuack (voice) (as Terry McGovern)
    Hal Smith ... Gyro Gearloose (voice)
    Alan Young ... Scrooge McDuck (voice)

Trivia (selected from a total 18)
    "Double-O Duck" was an original title conceived for the series that became Darkwing Duck (1991), before it was found that the "double-o" prefix was actually copyrighted by the estate of Ian Fleming, creator of 007 James Bond.
    The title and plot are largely inspired from the original DuckTales (1987) episode DuckTales: Double-O-Duck (1987) which had Launchpad facing off against FOWL agents, as well as the James Bond film You Only Live Twice (1967).
    The original Double-O Duck episode of DuckTales (1987) was originally intended to be a test pilot for an espionage series starring Launchpad. That project never came to fruition, but some elements eventually made it into Darkwing Duck (1991).
    Odd-Duck's name is based off the James Bond Villain Oddjob, who was previously parodied by John D Rockerduck's henchman Jeeves in DuckTales: The Outlaw Scrooge McDuck! (2019).
    During the motorboat chase, Steelbeak uses his namesake beak to break Launchpad's grappling hook, which is a callback to what he's often been known to do in Darkwing Duck (1991) to the titular character's gadgets (which was most noteworthy in the episode "Tiff of the Titans".
    In this series the F.O.W.L. Eggmen have been renamed as Eggheads, which likely was done to avoid confusion with video game villain Dr. Eggman from the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise, who at the time Darkwing Duck (1991) aired was called Dr. Robotnik.
    When wearing the VR Goggles in this episode, Dewey and Launchpad slightly resemble the kingsmen seen in the film Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014) (the only difference is of course them being anthropomorphic ducks).
    The trivia items below may give away important plot points.
    The Adele song "Sky Fall" [sic] from the James Bond film of the same name can be heard briefly when Launchpad sacrifices his intelligence.

ETp_bXFU4AAoHt-.jpg:large

7317097-2128800043-Doubl.png

New book :

51v8EaiHvEL.jpg
    I'm getting a Goldfinger, maybe Live and Let Die vibe from The Quantum of Scooby-Doo (November 2008).

450?cb=20111222180314
    edited August 2020 Posts: 12,914

DuckTales, “From the Confidential Case Files of Agent 22!”
    DuckTales. Season 1. Episode 17. 2018-07-07.
    Spying on “From the Confidential Case Files of Agent 22!”
    July 12, 2018 infinirama
    https://ducktalks.com/2018/07/12/spying-on-confidential-case-files-of-agent-22/

7879655.png?263
    From the Confidental Casefiles of Agent 22!
    Season 1 | Episode 17
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8373296/?ref_=ttep_ep17
    Webby learns how Scrooge and Mrs. Beakly first met.
    Director: Tanner Johnson

Cast:
    David Tennant ... Scrooge McDuck (voice)
    Kate Micucci ... Webby Vanderquack (voice)
    Toks Olagundoye ... Mrs. Beakley (voice)
    Danny Pudi ... Huey Duck (voice)
    Ben Schwartz ... Dewey Duck (voice)
    Bobby Moynihan ... Louie Duck (voice)
    Beck Bennett ... Launchpad McQuack (voice)
    April Winchell ... Black Heron (voice)
    Corey Burton ... Ludwig Von Drake (voice)
    Tony Anselmo ... Donald Duck (voice)
    Keith Ferguson ... Auctioneer / Randy (voice)

Trivia (from 15 total)
    The outfits Scrooge and Beakley wear in the flashback scenes - a top hat and a catsuit, respectively - are a homage to the spy series The Avengers (1961).
    The guard on Black Heron's island pays homage to the character Rover from the show The Prisoner (1967).
    SHUSH and FOWL are both organizations from Darkwing Duck (1991) (the former actually originated from the episode "Double-O-Duck" in the original DuckTales (1987)). SHUSH was the good secret agency that called upon Darkwing/Drake Mallard to fight against FOWL agents. This is at least the 3rd episode of the DuckTales (2017) Reboot to have a callback/reference to Darkwing Duck (1991).
    The special cane Ludwig gives Scrooge is a PPK. This is a reference to the Walther PPK, sidearm of choice for James Bond.
    MV5BYmQyMmJjMTctZTVlNi00ZmVkLWIzN2YtOGZjM2ZhMzQ3OGM4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjEwOTUwMDc@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,999_AL_.jpg

screen-shot-2018-07-10-at-7-24-10-pm.png?crop

Psi Another Day (Psi Fighter Academy #1), D.R. Rosensteel, 2014
    THERE’S A NEW SUPERHERO IN TOWN.
    By day, I'm just another high school girl who likes lip gloss. But by night I'm a Psi Fighter—a secret guardian with a decade of training in the Mental Arts. And I'm about to test those skills in my first battle against evil.

BAD GUYS BEWARE.
    When I was six, the Walpurgis Knights, our deadliest enemy, murdered my parents. The Psi Fighters put me into hiding, and all traces of my existence evaporated. Then I went through the most accelerated Psi Fighter training possible. And now I go to your school.

’CAUSE I WILL TAKE YOU OUT.
    Unfortunately, so do the bad guys. My parents’ killer has sent his apprentice to infiltrate the school to find me. And everyone is a potential suspect, even irresistible new kid, Egon, and my old nemesis-turned-nice-guy, Mason. Fingers crossed I find the Knight before he finds me…

17343420.jpg
    Live and Let Psi (Psi Fighter Academy #2), D.R. Rosensteel, 2016
    Rinnie Noelle would rather kick some creepy villain butt than go on a date. As a Psi Fighter trained in the Mental Arts, she can't be distracted by emotion. Her nemesis, Nicolaitan, is manipulating students from her school, using them as puppets to carry out his new plan to find the infamous Morgan Girl, and he doesn't care who becomes collateral damage in the process. People's lives are depending on Rinnie's ultimate focus.

But Mason Draudimon keeps slicing into her soul sharper than a Thought Saber, and her feelings for him knock her off her game with the strength of a psionic War Hammer. Mason insists on helping Rinnie take down Nicolaitan for his own reasons—to avenge his mother—and the closer they get to the truth, the more dangerous the dance between mind and heart, life and death, logic and love.

30805340._SY475_.jpg
    Same author, sort of a Bond connection.
    Ionic Attraction, D.R. Rosensteel
    Zach’s got a secret. The only reason he’s agreed to an internship at the Mastermind Complex, a high-tech academy for teens, is to use their supercomputer to find the person who framed him. He never stole anything but was locked up in juvie anyway. Now he’s out, he’s got a plan, and nothing will get in his way…not even the girl he’s been partnered with, who excels at proving opposites attract.

Jane’s got a secret. She was the informant who led to Zach’s arrest. Did she mean for that to happen? No way. And now she has to work with him to save the world. Because an “internship” at the Mastermind Complex is actually a program to train super-geniuses as soldiers in a war of the minds. Zach’s and Jane’s intellectual skills complement each other, making them an unbeatable pair.

She can’t resist their ionic attraction, but if he ever discovers the truth, she’ll lose him forever. And worse, breaking their partnership would mean sacrificing all the innocent lives depending on them.

48985190._SY475_.jpg

5e9a84f64de60055d2e9486098bfc0921463a627.png