Do you have any concerns or niggles about NTTD ,or are you full of confidence ?

Comments

Wow........... love for Golden Gun..................who would have thunk. Next thing people will be defending DAD and QOS. And yes, they are nothing more than opinions but what else is there to go by. (other than good filmmaking practices).
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    delfloria wrote: »
    Wow........... love for Golden Gun..................who would have thunk. Next thing people will be defending DAD and QOS. And yes, they are nothing more than opinions but what else is there to go by. (other than good filmmaking practices).

I'll always defend QoS. Prefer it to SF and SP. It's also in my top ten...

DAD not so much... 😁
    TMWTGG isn't far from my top ten.
  • The only way I could see any reshoots or further filming is if they want to change some aspect of the script /plot, due to the current events. I think it's unlikely though, and if they did it would be pushed to 2021.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I have few issues with DAD, up until Cuba, after that it starts to unspool. As for QOS...

giphy.gif

QOS can go and stand in the naughty corner, and face the wall.
    Wonder Barbara, Micheal and Craig along with cast and universal execs have seen the finished film
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Wonder Barbara, Micheal and Craig along with cast and universal execs have seen the finished film

Robert Wade had mentioned seeing it, so I'd imagine everyone listed there but the extended cast probably have.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Shardlake wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »
    If GoldenEye came out today @The_Reaper would utterly hate it for supposedly pushing a feminist/PC agenda.

And TND just as much, i bet someone could easily cut a "woke" trailer out of both these films, just to prove a point to the easily offended.
    This whole "wait to see the movie" argument means little to nothing. We have enough dialogue/directives from the creatives at this point (plus their particular political leanings) to have a good understanding where this might be going. Plus, considering the recent shifting of male-centrist film tropes to more feminist attitudes within our culture the last few years, this current incarnation of Bond is potentially troubling to say the least.

You are aware that all these conspiracy theories points apply to all the Bond films from the last 30 years? Did you not like any of those?

Bond films are always non political, no matter who's involved.

I agree though that female-centricism has become a bandwagon in 2019, but from the trailers how could anyone think this film is female centric when Bond is kicking all the ass?

I, myself, was worried BEFORE the trailers dropped, not after. Now it's just tedious reading this stuff.

If you wanna be worried for 8 month, then go ahead, sounds like fun. But i'll pass, thank you.

Until now. Craig has already stated that Donald Trump will feature in the film. https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/daniel-craig-donald-trump-bond-film-104856767.html

"Daniel Craig has revealed President Donald Trump will feature — in some way — in the next James Bond movie “No Time To Die.”"

Every moment in history is unprecedented. We can't afford to sit back and assume this or that based solely on the films of the past. We can, however, look at recent trends and determine the possible direction a film may or may not go.

If you were to make a bet, which is the more likely scenario? That due to recent shifts in the film industry, combined with the vast political pressure studios are under not to offend people, Bond will be as PC as possible or more like the "misogynistic dinosaur" of the past?

@The_Reaper : do you take everything literally? It's about story-telling; you can't ignore what's happening in the real world when developing a Bond film (or any film). The "chaos" we have now will be represented in the cinema of the present-- without having to name Trump or Brexit, or for a film to "pick sides".

Jeez man, give it a rest.

Yep it’s not that difficult to understand...

Some people are seeing things that back up their take like literally believing Trump and Brexit will be referenced explicitly in the film.

That is not what Craig said, he said they are both in there meaning they are reference within the plot or a character, the traits or the reaction to that person that situation.

I mean really do you think EON want be responsible for making that clumsy buffoon's ego any bigger that it already is by naming him in their film?

Why are u quoting me? You should’ve quoted The Reaper. I agree with all Peter said.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Shardlake wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »
    If GoldenEye came out today @The_Reaper would utterly hate it for supposedly pushing a feminist/PC agenda.

And TND just as much, i bet someone could easily cut a "woke" trailer out of both these films, just to prove a point to the easily offended.
    This whole "wait to see the movie" argument means little to nothing. We have enough dialogue/directives from the creatives at this point (plus their particular political leanings) to have a good understanding where this might be going. Plus, considering the recent shifting of male-centrist film tropes to more feminist attitudes within our culture the last few years, this current incarnation of Bond is potentially troubling to say the least.

You are aware that all these conspiracy theories points apply to all the Bond films from the last 30 years? Did you not like any of those?

Bond films are always non political, no matter who's involved.

I agree though that female-centricism has become a bandwagon in 2019, but from the trailers how could anyone think this film is female centric when Bond is kicking all the ass?

I, myself, was worried BEFORE the trailers dropped, not after. Now it's just tedious reading this stuff.

If you wanna be worried for 8 month, then go ahead, sounds like fun. But i'll pass, thank you.

Until now. Craig has already stated that Donald Trump will feature in the film. https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/daniel-craig-donald-trump-bond-film-104856767.html

"Daniel Craig has revealed President Donald Trump will feature — in some way — in the next James Bond movie “No Time To Die.”"

Every moment in history is unprecedented. We can't afford to sit back and assume this or that based solely on the films of the past. We can, however, look at recent trends and determine the possible direction a film may or may not go.

If you were to make a bet, which is the more likely scenario? That due to recent shifts in the film industry, combined with the vast political pressure studios are under not to offend people, Bond will be as PC as possible or more like the "misogynistic dinosaur" of the past?

@The_Reaper : do you take everything literally? It's about story-telling; you can't ignore what's happening in the real world when developing a Bond film (or any film). The "chaos" we have now will be represented in the cinema of the present-- without having to name Trump or Brexit, or for a film to "pick sides".

Jeez man, give it a rest.

Yep it’s not that difficult to understand...

Some people are seeing things that back up their take like literally believing Trump and Brexit will be referenced explicitly in the film.

That is not what Craig said, he said they are both in there meaning they are reference within the plot or a character, the traits or the reaction to that person that situation.

I mean really do you think EON want be responsible for making that clumsy buffoon's ego any bigger that it already is by naming him in their film?

Why are u quoting me? You should’ve quoted The Reaper. I agree with all Peter said.

Sorry.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited March 2020 Posts: 8,255
    Tuck91 wrote: »

Uh.... yeah. About a week ago.

EDIT: EoN saw NTTD about 3 weeks ago.
    If you ever watched TMWTGG and are still a Bond fan then NTTD is is going to be just fine no matter how it turns out.

Slight flaw in your statement, as TMWTGG is not one of the worst Bond films.

You need to get through DAD, TWINE, TND, GE, AVTAK, SP, OP, YOLT, TSWLM, MR and FYEO first before you even get close to reaching TMWTGG.
    I know these are just opinions but TMWTGG is a car wreck of film making compared to FYEO and TSWLM. To me, it never recovers from Bond being saved by the girls at the Kung Fu school, not to mention Pepper. But I do agree with AVTAK and OP being added to the list.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Well Mr. @delfloria I might as well jump in and confess TMWTGG is one of my absolute favourites, top 10 maybe even higher. Hence the nickname.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,497
    Indeed.

I still have TMWTGG on VHS, and it's one of the first Bondmovies that I saw. Can't remember if it was right before or right after seeing GE...

It's an ok entry (but a bit boring at times).
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Just like it's score TMWTGG certainly had potential but didn't quite reach at it's peak. I would say it's better than SP but i doubt it's better than NTTD. Still different actors, different timeline, different themes, hard to compare them.
    TMWTGG is my Moore favourite film :-D
    Love it.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 8,009
    Just like it's score TMWTGG certainly had potential but didn't quite reach at it's peak. I would say it's better than SP but i doubt it's better than NTTD. Still different actors, different timeline, different themes, hard to compare them.

Extremely. I do think the above statement that TMWTGG is a collection of good scenes rather than a good overall work is pretty spot on.

It's actually similar to SP in that regard, but wins out by being more enjoyable to watch.

Having Christopher Lee helped big time, of course.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Lee was always a pleasure to watch.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,985

Extremely. I do think the above statement that TMWTGG is a collection of good scenes rather than a good overall work is pretty spot on.

It's actually similar to SP in that regard, but wins out by being more enjoyable to watch.

Having Christopher Lee helped big time, of course.

The trouble with SP is the potential it had to be up there with the best. The Bond series was riding high, they had a clean slate with M, Moneypenny and Q all set up and the rights to use SPECTRE and Blofeld. And the makers blew it big time.

With the expectations put on NTTD, it had better turn out to be the 'Citizen Kane' of Bond movies, or else!!!!
    The support here for TMWTGG is great to hear and shows how 007 speaks to everyone. There is no right or wrong just the Bond that bonds us together. Fortunately there is a new one in the pipeline. Though I am a BIG fan of Lee I always thought, having read the novel, that the perfect casting of Scaramanga would have been Jack Palance.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Best thing about TMWTGG is the golden gun being unlockable in the GE video game. And Christopher Lee is good, even if wasted.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 3,275
    The support here for TMWTGG is great to hear and shows how 007 speaks to everyone. There is no right or wrong just the Bond that bonds us together. Fortunately there is a new one in the pipeline. Though I am a BIG fan of Lee I always thought, having read the novel, that the perfect casting of Scaramanga would have been Jack Palance.

The description of Scaramanga from the book was 6 ft 3 inches (190 cm) tall, slim and fit. He is about 35, and has light brown eyes. His hair is reddish in a crew-cut with long sideburns.

Not sure what actor fits that description really. Maybe Fassbender, Damian Lewis or Ewan McGregor.

A few years back it could have been Nick Nolte, and then Sean Bean.

Personally I think Robert Davi gave us the best unofficial Scaramanga.... ;)
    I know these are just opinions but TMWTGG is a car wreck of film making compared to FYEO and TSWLM. To me, it never recovers from Bond being saved by the girls at the Kung Fu school, not to mention Pepper. But I do agree with AVTAK and OP being added to the list.

I love that sequence! Mind you i was a kid when i first saw it but still think its very amusing.Moores perfect comic timing is why i enjoy the kung fu school scene so much.

After watching and listening the latest vlog from CJF, I have every confidence in NTTD! :-bd
  • M16_CartM16_Cart Craig fanboy?
    edited June 2020 Posts: 538
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Fleming’s Bond (regardless of how offended modern audiences may be by his biases) could not be black (or Latino, Asian, etc).

EON's Bond is a different entity than Fleming's Bond. That bridge has been crossed a long time ago with camp, terrible CGI, and all sorts of ridiculous things, yet people expect Bond to be strictly Fleming lore when it comes to skin color.

M16_Cart wrote: »
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Fleming’s Bond (regardless of how offended modern audiences may be by his biases) could not be black (or Latino, Asian, etc).

EON's Bond is a different entity than Fleming's Bond. That bridge has been crossed a long time ago with camp, terrible CGI, and all sorts of ridiculous things, yet people expect Bond to be strictly Fleming lore when it comes to skin color.

A great many people disliked a lot of those things too.
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    I hope that No Time To Die fleshes out the relationship between Bond and Madeleine more prior to the crux of the film. I personally didn't buy their chemistry in Spectre and thought it was pretty thin overall. I believed Bond and Vesper because their relationship had multiple layers. You don't get that with Bond and Madeleine and I don't buy that Bond would throw it all away for this woman, IMO.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Which is conceptually crazy, because I could buy Bond giving it all away for a woman played by Léa Seydoux, and yet the movie doesn’t quite sell that somehow!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Their relationship lacks some weight, especially since everything happens too quick, but there’s chemistry between the two and the way they officially fall in each other’s arms - the “what do we do now” scene - is very powerful and cool. Their first meeting is good too and I also love the “I’m scared James” scene where, alone in the desert driving to possible death, he takes her hand without saying anything. The scene where they “officially” create a strong bond anyway it’s the scene where she chooses to look at him instead of her father’s videotape and I have to say it’s a very powerful moment, or in other words, the things that bring people together... Bond and Vesper never shared together such a tense situation, before falling in love, even tho the Bond/Vesper romance is far better handled. NTTD exploring further Swann’s character and Bond’s feelings towards her is definitely a good thing, anyway.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    As much as i rank SP at bottom, Lea and Daniel's chemistry was good for me, from their first interaction at the clinic when he gave her the news about her father's death,
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQz34R2Qyt1iw1kNcs-olwY6jWshHCKk4rDmw&usqp=CAU
    to her telling the story about the man who once came to their house.
    tumblr_o559xnFtnK1up42jgo2_500.gifv
    to L'american hotel(my favorite part of the film).
    tumblr_pw2j0gXJKr1xnfenuo4_1280.gif

It got messed up when she said "i love you" at Blofeld's Lair and later it went downhill when bond left her in London. This film had many issues but their chemistry is not one of those.