No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    From https://www.commander007.net/2020/nttd-le-point-sur-la-promotion-10/ , spoiler time :

- Il y a dans le film un personnage du nom de Mathilde (jouée par une certaine Lisa-Dorret Sonnet). S’agit-il de l’enfant ?
    - Dans une scène « Nomi pilote Madeleine et Mathilde jusqu’en sécurité avec l’île en fond » (filmé le 25 septembre).
    - Des scènes entre Madeleine et Bond ont été filmées à la Cave of Poetry (le 25 septembre).
    - Une scène à l’intérieur de la DB5 en Italie inclut « Bond lâches des grenades mais un mouton bloque son chemin ». Toujours à l’intérieur de la voiture, « Madeleine dit que quelqu’un essaye de la piéger » (filmé le 1er octobre).
    - Une scène où à l’intérieur de l'Aston Vantage (à Matera) : « Madeleine est sur le point de raconter une histoire à Mathilde, ils entrent dans un tunnel » (2 octobre).
    - Une scène nous dit que Ash, depuis son Defender, « coordonne la poursuite de Bond » (Ash serait’-il finalement un méchant ?) (2 octobre).
    - La base de Safin est sur une île et possède un bassin à sous-marin ainsi qu’une ancienne salle de contrôle.

Tramslation:
    - In the film there is a character named Mathilde (played by a certain Lisa-Dorret Sonnet). Is it the child?
    - In a scene "Nomi pilot Madeleine and Mathilde to safety with the island in the background" (filmed on September 25).
    - Scenes between Madeleine and Bond were filmed at the Cave of Poetry (September 25).
    - A scene inside the DB5 in Italy includes "Leaping grenades but a sheep is blocking its way". Still inside the car, "Madeleine says someone is trying to trap her" (filmed on October 1).
    - A scene where inside the Aston Vantage (in Matera): "Madeleine is about to tell a story to Mathilde, they are entering a tunnel" (October 2).
    - A scene tells us that Ash, from his Defender, "coordinates the pursuit of Bond" (Ash would he finally be a bad guy?) (October 2).
    - Safin base is on an island and has a submarine pool as well as an old control room.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Contraband wrote: »
    From https://www.commander007.net/2020/nttd-le-point-sur-la-promotion-10/ , spoiler time :

- Il y a dans le film un personnage du nom de Mathilde (jouée par une certaine Lisa-Dorret Sonnet). S’agit-il de l’enfant ?
    - Dans une scène « Nomi pilote Madeleine et Mathilde jusqu’en sécurité avec l’île en fond » (filmé le 25 septembre).
    - Des scènes entre Madeleine et Bond ont été filmées à la Cave of Poetry (le 25 septembre).
    - Une scène à l’intérieur de la DB5 en Italie inclut « Bond lâches des grenades mais un mouton bloque son chemin ». Toujours à l’intérieur de la voiture, « Madeleine dit que quelqu’un essaye de la piéger » (filmé le 1er octobre).
    - Une scène où à l’intérieur de l'Aston Vantage (à Matera) : « Madeleine est sur le point de raconter une histoire à Mathilde, ils entrent dans un tunnel » (2 octobre).
    - Une scène nous dit que Ash, depuis son Defender, « coordonne la poursuite de Bond » (Ash serait’-il finalement un méchant ?) (2 octobre).
    - La base de Safin est sur une île et possède un bassin à sous-marin ainsi qu’une ancienne salle de contrôle.

Tramslation:
    - In the film there is a character named Mathilde (played by a certain Lisa-Dorret Sonnet). Is it the child?
    - In a scene "Nomi pilot Madeleine and Mathilde to safety with the island in the background" (filmed on September 25).
    - Scenes between Madeleine and Bond were filmed at the Cave of Poetry (September 25).
    - A scene inside the DB5 in Italy includes "Leaping grenades but a sheep is blocking its way". Still inside the car, "Madeleine says someone is trying to trap her" (filmed on October 1).
    - A scene where inside the Aston Vantage (in Matera): "Madeleine is about to tell a story to Mathilde, they are entering a tunnel" (October 2).
    - A scene tells us that Ash, from his Defender, "coordinates the pursuit of Bond" (Ash would he finally be a bad guy?) (October 2).
    - Safin base is on an island and has a submarine pool as well as an old control room.
    So is Mathilde a child? I can't seem to find any info on her on google.

Tramslation:
    So is Mathilde a child? I can't seem to find any info on her on google.

Me neither but I have found the source from where he got all the details from. Gonna post it in a few min..
    Master of research strikes again:
    lv6BzIO.jpg
    LD2XiVk.jpg
    L1f6IBo.jpg
  • Having seen this, either that 4chan leaked plot is somewhat accurate or whoever dreamt it up made a pretty good guess...
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Master of research strikes again:
    lv6BzIO.jpg
    LD2XiVk.jpg
    L1f6IBo.jpg

whoa, thats a lot of info!

I'll get to haa a look at it and see what i can see.

Thank you so much and also to your source as well!
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 847
    It's probably the child, we see it on photos on the plage with Nomi and Madeleine in Italy.

I think that during the offroad chase, at one moment Bond is separated from Madeleine and the child who was with him in the Toyata like we saw on photos (maybe the Toyota crash ?). From here Bond is being chased on foot on forest, and Safin escape with the Madeleine and Mathilde (on helicoptere, the scene in the trailer when we see see Bond looj up at it) who have been kidnapped by his men while Bond was chased in the forest. And the final act is him and Nomi going to Safin island to deliver them (maybe explain "Nomi pilot Madeleine and Mathilde to safety with the island in the background" ). It's my theory. Maybe it's Ash who had indicate Safin where they was before the offroad chase (Bond thinking he is only CIA told him where he was, but in fact Ash turned out to be a "agent double" for Safin) ?
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 1,215
    This is VERY curious to me...
    Madeleine returns to Matera with in the Vantage with Mathilde and is about to tell her a story as they drive into a tunnel. At scene 253, could this be the ending?
    In the scenes shot in Maratea they used a dummy instead of a real child. Remember the stills on the stony beach with Lea and Lashana and the rib boat on open water

/

The stunt doubles for Swann and Bond shot scenes at something called Cave of Poetry. That's a real place:

Grotta della Poesia, Roca Vecchia, Puglia region. Some 2.5 hours drive from Matera

https://imaginapulia.com/points-of-interest/poetry-cave/

But I have not seen any gossip, stills, prod info, footage from that area.

It says Matera here but they didn't have the Vantage on that location. But they did in Sapri port and filmed scenes with it racing along Sapri coastline incl. using the orange choppercam (same they had in Faraoe Island and in Jamaica).

At the time second Unit director wrote a comment that they had to stop shooting temp. due to the bushfire around them at the coastline. Plus I have several stills with the V8 at the prod camp in Sapri and a map from Lotus production showing the exact road locations they used. The only thing that is missing is the beginning of a tunnel.

-

We also know they built a short tunnel in Matera city but that was for arrival in the DB5 with lovebirds Bond and Swann arriving for the first time in Matera, checking in, hotel room, strolling, holding hands, kissing
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 847
    Well after, road was closed, we don't have photos of the Vantage in Ita (exept in the unit base).
    And that tunnel can be used twice, especially if it is for a close up of someone in a car with a blurred background... movie tricks all around...

So later scenes not located in Matera could have been shot in Matera.

Thank you moneyofpropre2 and Contraband for the latest finds.
    Well after, road was closed, we don't have photos of the Vantage in Ita (exept in the unit base).

The only thing I know is that they didn't have the V8 in Matera at all. Otherwise we would have stills of that thing either parked or rolling.

But you're right that we don't have stills other than from the base camp, although I have seen the V8 parked with crew members on the highway near Sapri. Local media had a short story but I forgot to save the picture and now I can't find it.
    Woah, thank you Contraband...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited June 2020 Posts: 14,861

The only thing I know is that they didn't have the V8 in Matera at all. Otherwise we would have stills of that thing either parked or rolling.

But you're right that we don't have stills other than from the base camp, although I have seen the V8 parked with crew members on the highway near Sapri. Local media had a short story but I forgot to save the picture and now I can't find it.

I’m not sure where they’re from, but there were shots of a unit base somewhere sunny and foreign (possibly by the sea?) where they had both DB5s and V8s on location. The shots were taken from somewhere above the base, do you remember those..? Maybe they’re the Sapri ones you mention?
    edited June 2020 Posts: 3,018
    mtm wrote: »

I’m not sure where they’re from, but there were shots of a unit base somewhere sunny and foreign (possibly by the sea?) where they had both DB5s and V8s on location. The shots were taken from somewhere above the base, do you remember those..? Maybe they’re the Sapri ones you mention?

Yes, Sapri port

BdIkh9L.jpg
    IuYlt5x.jpg

• edited June 2020 Posts: 3,164
    Looked up the actress playing the stand-in for Mathilde and came across this SapriLive interview with her and her dad (I think) about the filming https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2129911850444102
    antovolk wrote: »
    Looked up the actress playing the stand-in for Mathilde and came across this SapriLive interview with her and her dad (I think) about the filming https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2129911850444102

I was looking for her name. Cool. Thanks Anton
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited June 2020 Posts: 14,861
    mtm wrote: »

Yes, Sapri port

BdIkh9L.jpg
    IuYlt5x.jpg

Excellent! Those are the ones. Yes I did find it strange at the time that both of Bond's cars were on location.

So I guess the options are that one of them is driven by someone other than Bond at some point, they were using two nearby locations to represent different places for different points in the film (but then why have both cars out?), or he returns to the location later in the film. I guess the latter seems more likely judging by the fact the DB5 looks unlikely to survive (what we think is) the opening of the film.
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 4,400
    So shocked by how large a role Lea Seydoux has in NTTD! Remember it was only when the first trailer came out that we found out that she was in more than the PTS! I just thought she'd cameo or get fridged. Congrats to Eon for keeping this so secret...

PRI_136120980.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&%23038;w=1024

I suppose the big question is....[BIG SPOILERS BELOW]
    Who is Mathilde? We can assume that she is a child actor played by Lisa-Dorah Sonnet. It looks as though she is a major part of the plot and possibly Madeleine's secret? I think it's looking likely that Mathilde is Madeleine's daughter.

One thing we have overlooked is that the majoirty of the film takes place 5 years after the events of Matera. Could Mathilde be Madeleine and Bond's daughter? Or did she have the baby with Safin?

A big point about the Vantage scene is that Bond is not in the scene. It's just Madeleine and Mathilde........If I had to guess, the ending is:
    • Bond discovers that he had a daughter with Madeleine
    • Bond dies.
    • Madeleine returns to bury Bond in Matera.

It seems inevitable from this rumour that Bond dies at the end of the film.

no-time-to-die-grave-2337706.jpg?r=1582893809632
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    antovolk wrote: »

That's Allegra Schettini, Mathilde double:

KNCBVXv.jpg

Translation, please?
    An addition to @antovolk post
    From the production sheets, I noticed that there’s a double for Mathilde, Allegra. Now I’ve found this video of her talking about the experience on the Bond’s set. For those who don’t know Italian, she says that they filmed in a rocky beach near Sapri (the Cave of Poetry probably); she was sat there playing with a stick and looking above her where a plane should pass by. Then Madeleine should hug her.
    She also saw Mathilde (?) but they couldn’t take photos neither with her, nor of the set.
    Another detail: she was chosen as the double for a French girl of 5 years
    Here’s the link https://www.facebook.com/SapriLiveWeb/videos/2129911850444102/
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 4,400
    She also saw Mathilde (?) but they couldn’t take photos neither with her, nor of the set.
    Another detail: she was chosen as the double for a French girl of 5 years

This is key.

Mathilde's parents...

1_James-Bond-No-Time-To-Die-Photocall.jpg
    Haha.. Now we're getting somewhere. Good catch guys

If we only can find a picture of
    Lisa-Dorah Sonnet, age five, who plays Mathilde. Is she french?
    I was also thinking. I don't remember when or where, but I read Craig said they'll return to Matera twice in the movie. Given that scene 253 seems very near to the end and probably Bond and Swann become parents to Mathilde, could it be the film ends with the three "retired" in Italy, maybe with a wedding?
    edited June 2020 Posts: 3,018
    I wonder if this is Mathilde?

I2NZhic.jpg

I2NZhic.jpg

I think she is. She seems different from the girl in the interview. Look at this, I don't know if it was posted yet.
    df55297bad1211b9539e400e9d4b1e51.jpg
    So shocked by how large a role Lea Seydoux has in NTTD! Remember it was only when the first trailer came out that we found out that she was in more than the PTS! I just thought she'd cameo or get fridged. Congrats to Eon for keeping this so secret...

PRI_136120980.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&%23038;w=1024

If this was the intention all along, I wonder if Lea Seydoux's pregnancy was another factor in why it took so long to get the film off the ground in the first place.

I2NZhic.jpg

I think she is. She seems different from the girl in the interview. Look at this, I don't know if it was posted yet.
    df55297bad1211b9539e400e9d4b1e51.jpg

No still posted. Try again