The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    KDB delivered, Sane stayed benched so got Greenwoods points yay lol

Some good luck in the end; got Lascelles' 15 points from the bench, which resulted in my team finishing the gameweek on the same overall rank as last gameweek!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2020 Posts: 23,104

Some good luck in the end; got Lascelles' 15 points from the bench, which resulted in my team finishing the gameweek on the same overall rank as last gameweek!

I got 75 points small green arrow, back in the top 150. I am debating whether to get Salah back in for a hit, I have already got rid of Fernandes and got Martial back.

I got 75 points small green arrow, back in the top 150. I am debating whether to get Salah back in for a hit, I have already got rid of Fernandes and got Martial back.

I'm thinking about if I should get Salah back as well. I could do with some funds though, so it might not happen straight away. But as with you, I could do it for a hit…Hm…

I'm thinking about if I should get Salah back as well. I could do with some funds though, so it might not happen straight away. But as with you, I could do it for a hit…Hm…

Ended up keeping Mané in the end, my double Liverpool defence is faultering
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 17,241

Ended up keeping Mané in the end, my double Liverpool defence is faultering

Same here. Horrible gameweek…
    Getting Martial and KDB back in recent weeks has paid off, though Mané (C) only got me an assist this GW, Salah blanked.
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 17,241
    Getting Martial and KDB back in recent weeks has paid off, though Mané (C) only got me an assist this GW, Salah blanked.

Another big rank drop for me. I think I might as well use the opportunity to play the wildcard now, to see if that helps.

Another big rank drop for me. I think I might as well use the opportunity to play the wildcard now, to see if that helps.

Red arrow for me too, floating between 200 and 100 ranking in recent weeks.

That's not bad though! :-)

True though need a few points totals around the 100 mark lol

That's something to aim for! Haven't played my wildcard yet, but I'm likely playing it before the deadline. Difficult to settle on a team though!

That's something to aim for! Haven't played my wildcard yet, but I'm likely playing it before the deadline. Difficult to settle on a team though!

I have been playing too safe and sticking with the obvious players to consolidate my position, I need to take a few risks to get a better rank.

I have been playing too safe and sticking with the obvious players to consolidate my position, I need to take a few risks to get a better rank.

Same here, haha! With the wildcard I definitely need to take a few chances.
    edited June 2020 Posts: 23,104
    Just brought Salah back in and Captained him for VFPL in case I forget tomorrow.

---

Just been looking at my FPL team, this is my squad as things stand, still no transfers enabled on the app...

Starting Eleven
    Henderson

TAA Gomez Lundstram

Salah KDB Martial Fernandes

Rashford Jimenez Calvert-Lewin

Bench
    Ryan Cantwell Bednarek Taylor

Going to hit that Bench Boost Chip early with the double GW's lined up, then I will get rid of some bench players to free up cash.

Just brought Salah back in and Captained him for VFPL in case I forget tomorrow.

Didn't have much time, but I've sorted a wildcard team. Not confident it will work out, but I have to give it a try.
    Just been looking at my FPL team, this is my squad as things stand, still no transfers enabled on the app...

Starting Eleven
    Henderson

TAA Gomez Lundstram

Bench

Going to hit that Bench Boost Chip early with the double GW's lined up, then I will get rid of some bench players to free up cash.

That team looks strong! Here's mine:
    Henderson

Aexander-Arnold - Doherty - Stephens

Traoré - De Bruyne - Fernandes - Salah

Jiménez - Calvert-Lewin - Aubameyang

(McCarthy - Stevens - Fernández - Hayden

Would like to make some transfers too, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see when that's possible again.
    I already regret not getting Salah when playing the wildcard…

Just checked scores 88 points Salah got me 42 points alone :-O good job really as two of my players got zero points.

Didn't have much time, but I've sorted a wildcard team. Not confident it will work out, but I have to give it a try.

Starting Eleven
    Henderson

TAA Gomez Lundstram

Bench

Henderson

Would like to make some transfers too, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see when that's possible again.

I may need to get an Arsenal player in for the Double GW, or even another City assets... Hopefully see the full fixture list soon.
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 17,241

Just checked scores 88 points Salah got me 42 points alone :-O good job really as two of my players got zero points.

I got to concerned getting both Vardy and Abraham on wildcard to make room for Salah. I might have to downgrade one of them to be able to get Salah.

…and of course, Jiménez got a haul as soon as I took the risk dropping him from the wildcard…

Starting Eleven
    Henderson

TAA Gomez Lundstram

Bench

Henderson

I may need to get an Arsenal player in for the Double GW, or even another City assets... Hopefully see the full fixture list soon.

Hopefully! I'm not sure what to do with my team, actually. I think I need to see the fixture list before I can explore a few transfer options.

I got to concerned getting both Vardy and Abraham on wildcard to make room for Salah. I might have to downgrade one of them to be able to get Salah.

…and of course, Jiménez got a haul as soon as I took the risk dropping him from the wildcard…

Starting Eleven
    Henderson

TAA Gomez Lundstram

Bench

Henderson

Hopefully! I'm not sure what to do with my team, actually. I think I need to see the fixture list before I can explore a few transfer options.

Think I made a mistake hanging on to Calvert Lewin with tough fixtures, I considered swapping him fir Pukki 2 GW's ago. Pukki scored in both so a error from me.

Despite Leicester good fixtures in recent GW's early on was not convinced by them so got rid of there players. Admittedly Vardy Hatrick hurt though he did blank a few times before.

Starting Eleven
    Henderson

TAA Gomez Lundstram

Bench

Henderson

Think I made a mistake hanging on to Calvert Lewin with tough fixtures, I considered swapping him fir Pukki 2 GW's ago. Pukki scored in both so a error from me.

Despite Leicester good fixtures in recent GW's early on was not convinced by them so got rid of there players. Admittedly Vardy Hatrick hurt though he did blank a few times before.

Pukki was another one I dropped. Just can't get the hang of Virtual FPL, haha!

Vardy is my way into a stronger midfield right now. I got him because every time he scores, I automatically drop 100 places or so. On the other hand, he's highly owned, so it isn't much of a rank gain either, when he scores/assists.
    I forgot to check my team again, though got 75 points with a 75 place red arrow :-O the top teams must have got some very high scores.
    I forgot to check my team again, though got 75 points with a 75 place red arrow :-O the top teams must have got some very high scores.

I completely forgot the deadline as well, but finally got a green arrow with 96 points. Unfortunately, it didn't make much of a change in the overall rankings…
    @Torgeirtrap in case you not seen notification, as from today VFPL is on every night to speed up the game and complete it before FPL resumes.
    55 points average score again and another red arrow, Sane dropped again may get rid.
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 17,241
    @Torgeirtrap in case you not seen notification, as from today VFPL is on every night to speed up the game and complete it before FPL resumes.

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns Just noticed! It will be fun with a new gameweek every day.
    55 points average score again and another red arrow, Sane dropped again may get rid.

Only 45 here, and another red arrow for me too. I have no choice but to drop Sané now. Will have to push for a better overall rank.
    Kept my VFPL team the same and did a bit better tonight 80 points, though another red arrow :-O game must be broke :))
    Kept my VFPL team the same and did a bit better tonight 80 points, though another red arrow :-O game must be broke :))

I took a gamble, downgrading Vardy to Jota and replacing Sané with Salah (c). Got me 94 points and a small green arrow. Still a few issues with my team though.

I took a gamble, downgrading Vardy to Jota and replacing Sané with Salah (c). Got me 94 points and a small green arrow. Still a few issues with my team though.

Good score, I am reluctantly holding onto Sane as he assisted again though having him and KDB is not doing me any favours at the moment. I have two transfers left though I really need to use up Free Hit and Bench Boost chips