No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Am no advocate for smoking, but I really do miss seeing James Bond on suit, casually lighting a cigarette and smoking, as he talks to a foreign contact, or the villian or when he's alone in his hotel room.

There's a photo of Craig's Bond smoking in Jamaica in NTTD, but it seems to me like a photo of him just smoking between takes.
    I love all the new shots of Lea and Ana!
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Am no advocate for smoking, but I really do miss seeing James Bond on suit, casually lighting a cigarette and smoking, as he talks to a foreign contact, or the villian or when he's alone in his hotel room.

There's a photo of Craig's Bond smoking in Jamaica in NTTD, but it seems to me like a photo of him just smoking between takes.

Yep. Looks like it was between takes.

This was a big gripe for Sam Mendes as well. He said during the SF press tour that he was ah okey he couldn’t have a scene of Bond smoking but he could have him gun down a bunch of men. He wasn’t happy with the double standards
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Anyone have that shot of him smoking?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Anyone have that shot of him smoking?

RzKIkpj.jpg

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Thanks for that, @Contraband.
    It's a bloody cigar, I mean, I understand they don't want him smoking 50 cigarettes a day, alas Don Draper, but a single cigar? Cmon, the worst thing that could do to you is jaw cancer, and you'd have to be John Hannibal Smith or Sigmund Freud to get it.

Let the man have his cigar.
    Univex wrote: »
    It's a bloody cigar, I mean, I understand they don't want him smoking 50 cigarettes a day, alas Don Draper, but a single cigar? Cmon, the worst thing that could do to you is jaw cancer, and you'd have to be John Hannibal Smith or Sigmund Freud to get it.

Personally, I think its for the scene. I think they are rehearsing.

I don't think you can just bring a cigar to a film set these days. I think it's a prop, just as much as the tiny cat that we have seen Craig feed. A cat doesn't just turn up on a film set built specially for that film. The cat is obviously part of the film - as is the cigar. Just my thoughts.

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

I don't think you can just bring a cigar to a film set these days. I think it's a prop, just as much as the tiny cat that we have seen Craig feed. A cat doesn't just turn up on a film set built specially for that film. The cat is obviously part of the film - as is the cigar. Just my thoughts.

I think you’re right about all of this.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited May 2020 Posts: 14,861

Yeah I think it's a prop too: I don't think anyone really brings a cigar along to set to puff away on unless they're Arnie. A cigar is something you relax with, you don't get one out if you're working, and Craig will have been working hard there. Plus it suits the Fleming-ish vibe they appear to be trying to evoke in those scenes- a cigarette would be even more Fleming but a cigar is more acceptable to see Bond smoke onscreen, which makes it even more likely it's for the filming. That looks a very expensive cigar too.

A side note: he's wearing the new Omega there isn't he? Which I guess means it doesn't have any gadgets in the movie as presumably this is all set before he goes back to England.
    mtm wrote: »

Yeah I think it's a prop too: I don't think anyone really brings a cigar along to set to puff away on unless they're Arnie. A cigar is something you relax with, you don't get one out if you're working, and Craig will have been working hard there. Plus it suits the Fleming-ish vibe they appear to be trying to evoke in those scenes- a cigarette would be even more Fleming but a cigar is more acceptable to see Bond smoke onscreen, which makes it even more likely it's for the filming. That looks a very expensive cigar too.

I have several pics with him smoking in between takes. Not even close to be filming scenes. That's him relaxing while the guys fixing the lights, etc
    If Greg Williams has this extensively worked on the set of NTTD then why isn't a "Bond on Set: Filming NTTD" book planned? Yes, I am aware of the "No Time to Die: The Making of the Film" book that's planned but that won't be the same as the Bond on Set books by Williams.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    There are a few scenes of Bond and Tanner on a bridge discussing something that we have yet to see in any official promo. What could that be all about?

https://www.picturedesk.com/bild-disp/diasdb/detail.action?ref=309149451&w=true
    Lunch?
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited May 2020 Posts: 7,518
    The_Return wrote: »
    If Greg Williams has this extensively worked on the set of NTTD then why isn't a "Bond on Set: Filming NTTD" book planned? Yes, I am aware of the "No Time to Die: The Making of the Film" book that's planned but that won't be the same as the Bond on Set books by Williams.

There may yet be one, and I hope there is.
    “Bond On Set” and a “Making Of” book are fundamentally different, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see both. There were two books for Spectre.

Plus another 100+ pics with Rami as Safin, set pieces, actions scenes and God knows what else.

BTW: I found another set of watermarked stills with the whole cast, probably for the upcoming marketing. Photoshoot taken individually. Don't have a link I'm afraid but it was the same photo agency. Several pages..
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    matt_u wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    Since 51/52% users on this community voted against NTTD being postponed because of COVID in the first place I’m not that surprised that a lot would love EoN selling to a big corporation like Disney too.

Not sure how the two are related and I don't remember any voting taking place on here.

It happened. I voted (it was a yes, thankfully).

The relation is simple: both are (pretty “controversial”) statements driven only by the frustration caused by the longer gaps we are facing in the Craig era.

I must have missed it.

Just because two things are controversial it doesn't mean they are related. I'm against NTTD being postponed but I would hate Disney buying Bond.

That’s not what I said. Anyway still against it? Lol

- I still don't understand your point then.
    - I know why EON did it and I can't blame them (I would have done the same if I had spent 300 millions on the movie) but if NTTD had come out on April 9th as it was supposed to as a fan I would have gone and watched it.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Contraband wrote: »

I have several pics with him smoking in between takes. Not even close to be filming scenes. That's him relaxing while the guys fixing the lights, etc

How can you tell?

How can you tell?

Not a single camera near him. He's just puffing away near the water, maybe going through the lines by himself while crew members doing this and that nearby.

Plus another 100+ pics with Rami as Safin, set pieces, actions scenes and God knows what else.

BTW: I found another set of watermarked stills with the whole cast, probably for the upcoming marketing. Photoshoot taken individually. Don't have a link I'm afraid but it was the same photo agency. Several pages..

Did you happen to see any of the Safin pics?
    ertert wrote: »

Did you happen to see any of the Safin pics?

Not a single one of Safin
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

How can you tell?

Not a single camera near him. He's just puffing away near the water, maybe going through the lines by himself while crew members doing this and that nearby.

How can you be sure there's no camera near him? I don't mean he's necessarily actually filming scenes at the time, but it's a set so there are cameras there. I think it's very hard to judge exactly what's going on from some stills.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Indeed, I bet Gregg is Wilson's Successor....and eagerly waiting to make his own mark on the franchise.

This makes me a little nervous, honestly.

Gregg was in charge of the SP plane chase, correct? Compare that to Babs, who was in charge of the LTK truck sequence.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited May 2020 Posts: 4,247
    echo wrote: »
    Indeed, I bet Gregg is Wilson's Successor....and eagerly waiting to make his own mark on the franchise.

This makes me a little nervous, honestly.

Gregg was in charge of the SP plane chase, correct? Compare that to Babs, who was in charge of the LTK truck sequence.

Yeah, but I think whatever way we look at it, we are stuck with him....coz he's the future of the franchise, so we hope he improves with every passing Bond film. I think the more likely scenario is, Gregg might soon start getting paired with Barbara to further improve his knowledge about filmmaking, Coz Michael might need to start doing less, in order to rest a bit....since he's ageing.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    A Guide to the Style of Cary Joji Fukunaga

• phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    M_Balje wrote: »

Hmm

I'm now suspecting that the forest scene where Bond walks through the forest into the clearing is going to be a continuous shot. Especially when you check out the BTS pictures, I highly suspect Cary will be using a single, very long shot following Bond through the forest into the clearing.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Don't know if this has been post before.

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    M_Balje wrote: »

Majestic Trees? I'm curious as to how and where one might pop up, and it's significance, if any, to the plot of NTTD.

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Screen Talks: VFX leaders on adapting to lockdown, looking to next stage
    https://screendaily.com/news/screen-talks-vfx-leaders-on-adapting-to-lockdown-looking-to-next-stage/5150205.article

Fiona Walkinshaw on NTTD:

“I’m amazed at how resilient and hardworking people are… We delivered the work on The King’s Man and No Time To Die from the working-from-home platform. It was pretty amazing.”
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 4,400
    ggl007 wrote: »

I can say with some confidence that this is fake news. He's just an Instagram whore looking for more followers. He updated the IMDB credits himself for attention. Lots of people do that with bait credits like 'Young James Bond'