Bond Girl Lana Wood Hospitalized For Serious Allergic Reaction

Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
edited May 2012 in Actors Posts: 40,371
"Former Bond girl Lana Wood -- who played Plenty O'Toole in the 1971 classic "Diamonds Are Forever" -- nearly died Tuesday night after going into anaphylactic shock.

Sources close to Lana -- the younger sister of Hollywood legend Natalie Wood -- tell TMZ, the actress was cooking dinner at her home in Fillmore, CA when she started having a coughing attack.

We're told she assumed it was just a bad cold -- but then the sneezing started, and her face and tongue swelled up ... so she went to urgent care to get it checked out.

We're told the local urgent care didn't have the resources to treat Lana -- so they called her an ambulance to take her to a nearby hospital.

By the time Lana got to the hospital, her entire face was swollen like a balloon -- forcing her eyelids closed and shutting her mouth. Lana also couldn't speak.

She was taken home hours later when the swelling subsided. Sources tell us, doctors believe the allergic reaction was triggered by an ingredient in Frosted Mini-Wheats.

We're told Lana is now feeling much better -- but is scared stiff about accidentally setting off another reaction."

Here's a link, with an attached picture that shows her before she is loaded up into an ambulance:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/26/plenty-otool-lana-wood-allergic-reaction-diamonds-are-forever/

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    God, that's awful. Thanks for posting this story @Creasy47. I'm hoping this was only a one off.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    TMZ is such a sleazy operation. Why is this news? Leave the poor woman alone. It's tabloid TV.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:
    God, that's awful. Thanks for posting this story @Creasy47. I'm hoping this was only a one off.

You're welcome. Same, I'm hoping it was some rare occurrence that doesn't sprout up again.
    echo wrote:
    TMZ is such a sleazy operation. Why is this news? Leave the poor woman alone. It's tabloid TV.

It's news because we are loyal fans of a Bond website, and when something like this happens to someone involved in the production of any Bond film, we typically like to talk about it, and wish them well.

Creasy47 wrote:
    echo wrote:

It's news because we are loyal fans of a Bond website, and when something like this happens to someone involved in the production of any Bond film, we typically like to talk about it, and wish them well.

I'm blaming TMZ--not MI6--for covering it and not granting her her privacy. She's not a public figure these days.

@echo, I understand. The glaring problem is that she's laying on the ground, scared, worried about her health, waiting for an ambulance, and someone has the gall to stand over her and snap a picture. A story would have worked; we don't need to see her at one of her more scared moments, especially someone who stays out of the spotlight.
    Exactly, thanks.
    echo wrote:
    Exactly, thanks.

You're welcome. It is nice that there are actors out there that manage exactly that: keeping work and public life separated. I couldn't stand being an actor who is constantly stalked, harassed, and filmed.