Who is the most handsome 007?

Fairly recently, a female member of my family commented on how handsome Connery was in DN....this quickly followed with a conversation of who was the most handsome 007. It seems there was quite a debate to be had.....so I'll continue it here.

Sean was obviously the most rugged; George had those model good looks; Roger was a pretty boy; Timothy was byronic; Pierce was swarthy; and Daniel is a bit of rough.....

But how would you rank them? I'd say:
  1. Sean Connery
  2. Pierce Brosnan
  3. Tim Dalton
  4. George Lazenby
  5. Roger Moore
  6. Daniel Craig
0c3e12d0771e66c30c345bb4830344ef.jpg

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited May 2020 Posts: 7,518
    1. Sean Connery
    2. Pierce Brosnan
    3. Roger Moore
    4. George Lazenby
    5. Daniel Craig
    6. Timothy Dalton

Sorry Tim but I didn't love his look as Bond. In their present day ages, he moves way up, and it looks more like:

1. Pierce Brosnan
    2. Timothy Dalton
    3. Sean Connery
    4. George Lazenby

Some supporting documentation:

48376711_10156252940061051_482389148771024896_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=2c4854&_nc_ohc=xZMf_4QtAc0AX-R1Kka&_nc_ht=scontent.fcxh3-1.fna&oh=3b44f6e8dd9075d33bd394da0c9b3723&oe=5EDE1907

88f2c98a82960881617c654eabc06813905b01cb.gifv

There are lots of examples of Dalton looking good as Bond, but it's not my cup of tea. His meeting with Sanchez was, to me, a low point.

chief-1.jpg

img_7585-1.jpg

• R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    There was actually a scientific experiment a couple of years ago that measured the overall beauty of each Bond actor’s face according to the classic Greek standards of beauty (jawline, distance between eyes, lips - it was a real thorough study).
    The results were as follows:
    Connery
    Moore
    Dalton
    Brosnan
    Lazenby
    Craig

I would rank them exactly the same, perhaps tying Dalton with Moore.
    And I agree, Connery in his first 3 outings was the appex of masculine beauty, despite (or perhaps thanks to) looking older than his age.
    Moore on the other hand, not only looked extremely handsome in Live And Let Die, but he looked significantly younger than 46yrs old.

R1s1ngs0n wrote: »
    There was actually a scientific experiment a couple of years ago that measured the overall beauty of each Bond actor’s face according to the classic Greek standards of beauty (jawline, distance between eyes, lips - it was a real thorough study).
    Connery
    Moore
    Dalton
    Brosnan
    Lazenby
    Craig

And I agree, Connery in his first 3 outings was the appex of masculine beauty, despite (or perhaps thanks to) looking older than his age.
    Moore on the other hand, not only looked extremely handsome in Live And Let Die, but he looked significantly younger than 46yrs old.

Agree 100% on Connery and Moore. Moore always looked great for his age.
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 4,400
    R1s1ngs0n wrote: »
    Connery
    Moore
    Dalton
    Brosnan
    Lazenby
    Craig

He was 46?!? Moore was damn good looking in LALD and TMWTGG.

Live-and-Let-Die-Polo-Neck.jpg

I must say though, Craig isn't 'ugly' - he's much less traditionally handsome. He's more rough and craggy. There's certainly an edgy and dangerous appeal to him. Though he doesn't fit the 'tall, dark and handsome' mould. Which in many respects, made his casting all the more radical at the time. Still handsome...he has sex appeal and swagger. Marc Forster really knew how to light his eyes.

Quantum-Solace-Charcoal-Suit.jpg
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 6,665
    Most handsome, ya say?

3fcb43fe1a44f5d193274b59f40d0d4a.jpg
    This guy knows what's up.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Connery definitely was the most handsome as well as rugged. Brosnan is more pretty boyish, which I don't find very Bondian.
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    Connery definitely was the most handsome as well as rugged. Brosnan is more pretty boyish, which I don't find very Bondian.

+1

He looks like he should've been modelling L'Oreal. Not going toe-to-toe with the opposition.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    Roger Moore.
    Sean Connery.
    Timothy Dalton.
    Pierce Brosnan.
    Daniel Craig.
    George Lazenby.

Daniel Craig is a funny one. He can look dog rough in some/scenes photos, but very ruggedly handsome in others. He has the most amazing blue eyes too. There's a Richard Burton type toughness to him, and also a Steve McQueen like cool. He definitely has the most interesting face in the series.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Univex wrote: »
    Most handsome, ya say?

3fcb43fe1a44f5d193274b59f40d0d4a.jpg

Hard to disagree. He certainly was more on the "pretty" side in his earlier days but he really grew into his face. It's a close call between him and Sean.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Sir Sean is one of the greatest screen presences of all time.
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 4,400
    Daniel Craig is a funny one. He can look dog rough in some/scenes photos, but very ruggedly handsome in others. He has the most amazing blue eyes too. There's a Richard Burton type toughness to him, and also a Steve McQueen like cool. He definitely has the most interesting face in the series.

+1

He looks terrific in motion.......and certainly has sex appeal

Spectre_15.jpg
    Octopussy wrote: »

He looks like he should've been modelling L'Oreal. Not going toe-to-toe with the opposition.

See you say that as if it's a bad thing...but for me that is the main attraction of Pierce and why I think he was so damn handsome.

I think with Brosnan he was no less masculine than the other portrayals. Brosnan was swarthy and embodied the appeal of the 'tall, dark and handsome' stranger. A proper smouldering Hollywood leading man. He was little more modern and (though I despise the word but it is a quick and useful shorthand) metrosexual man. More thoughtful and stoic than Connery. He has the same appeal that makes women fawn over the likes of Henry Cavill or Robert Pattinson these days....

dcee69036145466a57fdacad88b0d690.jpg

But let's not do a disservice to Dalton...he had a very sparkly pair of eyes and a dangerous demeanour. Something classical but also cruel.

timothy-dalton-james-bond-the-living-daylights.jpg?resize=768%2C432
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I think Connery was more handsome before he took the role, when he was a bit younger. I suppose Pierce is the most handsome, but I'll be honest, I've surprisingly never really considered any of the Bonds to be that attractive.

I mean I used to question every woman's decision when they would fall for Roger or Craig. Like I get to a certain degree, but not enough to make anyone swoon.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited May 2020 Posts: 8,009
    Well, the thing that makes Bond attractive is not just looks. It's his charm, coupled with the underlying sense of danger that he carries around and the fact that he's a man of action.

All of the actors have this air about them, even Pierce.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Most handsome:
    Connery/Dalton
    Moore/Brosnan
    Craig
    Lazenby

Most sex appeal:
    Connery/Craig
    Lazenby

Dalton
    Brosnan
    Moore
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I couldn't possibly comment on this dreadful objectification of the male form.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    So Dalton. I get it.
    ...well. Yes.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”

+1

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited May 2020 Posts: 14,861

+1

I loved this ad at the time, it made me howl. Brosnan pointing on a horse made me crack up :D
    Proper catalogue model stuff!

+1

Point made.
  • ProfJoeButcherProfJoeButcher Bless your heart
    Dalton
    Moore
    Lazenby
    Brosnan
    Craig
    Connery

Dalton, Moore, and Lazenby look classically handsome to me.

Brosnan comes next. He's probably the most good-looking of the bunch, but more than a bit too pretty.
    Craig leans a little far into "rugged" to win a "handsome" contest.
    And I've always thought Connery looks like a frog.

+1

Is it me or is that the most relaxed and comfortable Brosnan has ever looked? He seems cool and - damn - handsome. I really like that advert.......being compared to a L'Oreal model is the ultimate compliment in my book. Good hair means a lot to me..............

Pierce was Handsome

But Sean Connery just oozes sexual charisma. He just was the embodiment of nonchalant elegance and cool

James-Bond-Goldfinger_grande.jpg?v=1525533313
    30d97c1a7276e4eddb984153e571ac70.jpg
    The-Rake-Sean-Connery-James-Bond-Top-10.jpg
    That's because you have good hair, @Pierce2Daniel. lol

I do understand, as I have good hair as well, close to Brozza's circa GE, only a bit on the stronger side and not that slick.

Connery had good wigs. The ones from the first films were top notch. Looked just like the real thing.

Damn, there we go again, this belongs in the hair thread ;)
    Stop.....Dalton wins hand's down with this video. I've never seen this video before and it's truly one of the best things on the internet. What the heck is even happening here? It's bloody outstanding.....

@Pierce2Daniel, allow me to introduce you to the bonkers treat that is Sextette (1978).

The whole thing is available on YouTube...
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2020 Posts: 4,415
    1. Pierce Brosnan
    2. Sean Connery
    3. Daniel Craig
    4. Roger Moore
    5. Timothy Dalton
    6. George Lazenby

My mom have seen Brosnan first three movies with me and in total she have seen four mabey vijf movie with him. Also overall i get idea media likes him as moost younger handsome 007, and 3th favorite Bond after Connery and Moore. Connery as first and only one and Roger as older gentleman. I am fan of Brosnan Bond because of his serious with dry humor and mabey a bit of that handsome thing to woman. It helps he be red carpet Bond seeing him Live and media till 2001 or so liked him. I only think he faild moost in Die Another Day. Whyle i like him the moost in Twine because it look like he finaly have found it whyle GE works because it whas his first.

Roger Moore is my favorite Bond era, the world lies for him whyle Daniel Craig must try harder and see world from a distence of 150 cm (1,5 meter ;) ). Changes the world from the inside.
    I think all the Bonds except Craig have fitted into the traditional 'tall dark and handsome male lead idea. One of the problems with Craig's Bond is when they do that thing where girls ogle him, it's never convincing to me. I can't see his rugged sexiness, because I'm a heterosexual bloke. I can see Roger Moore's handsomeness, especially in LALD, where he's cool as anything.
    Remember when people talked about Barbara Streisand as 'beautiful in a none traditional way'. I can see that, I understand that. But Daniel Craig looks a little goofy in the role to me. In Skyfall, with his blonde army-crop and stubble, I just thought 'this is a shite Bond'. Sorry. Great film, and I'm not knocking his acting or his charisma. Just the lack of Bondian look.
    Brosnan actually looked a little too pretty in Goldeneye. He looked much better in TND I thought. That was his best Bond 'look'.
    Rog's was LALD.
    Connery looked best in Goldfinger.
    shamanimal wrote: »
    Connery looked best in Goldfinger.

Connery's hair in Goldfinger always irked me. I much prefer his look in Thunderball, personally.
    My wife loves Craig. She thinks he exudes raw masculinity. Moore and Brosnan are too polished for her.