The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 8,655
    Uhm... T.E. Lawrence, by playing the Lawrence of Arabia theme written by Maurice Jarre in TSWLM?
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    @Gerard , are you out there? Just trying to save this thread from descending into oblivion. It usually takes so long to dig threads up again once they're on pages 3 through 157 (or whatever).
    Well, right now, I'm in Cardiff with only my smartphone. But you're right, it is indeed Lawrence of Arabia.
    Right now, I'm in Cardiff, with only my Smartphone. But you win that round, it is indeed Lawrence of Arabia.
    Thanks, I'll think of something.
    Ok, here we go. I'll stick with the general subject:

Yet another famous soldier actually "appears" in two different Bond movies, but his name is mentioned in only one of those, and not in a flattering way. A Spaniard and an American have a hand in the aforesaid. On the other hand, the name of that soldier's primary antagonist is also mentioned at least twice in some form in the series, but not in the same movie in which the name of that famous soldier in question is mentioned.

Who is it (and his opponent)?

Probably not too demanding...or is it?
    Easy : Wellington.
    Correct, of course. Back to you.
    Here's a more difficult one : which character from the novels has never appeared in a Bond movie ?

Hint : that character has appeared in more than one novel.
    Loelia Ponsonby?
    Not the one I'm thinking about, but good thinking. I had forgotten about dear old Lil. No, the one I'm thinking about never set foot in Universal Expory
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    May Maxwell? Just the Flemings, some Gardners and a Young Bond novel.
    @MartinBond : It is indeed May Maxwell. She also appears in Pearson's James Bond : The Official Biography. Your turn.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Sorry, tuned out there for a moment.
    As I have the creativity of a bottle of Bollinger, she's all yours @j_w_pepper
    Make my day... :-)
    All right, i'll bite :

What do Bond, a famous magician and a giant robot have in common ?

Hint : all three are fictional. But that's not the link I'm looking for.
    Nobody ? Well, here's a clue :

Villain + Hero = Hero
    I'll keep this alive, but only discovered it now and don't have a clue so far.
    One hint : it happened in Italy, and (somewhat) in France, which is why you might not have heard of it.
    Another clue to bump it up a little :

Koji Kabuto.
    Not really a clue for me. Never heard of him...had to Google the name.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    I'm stuck on this. I was thinking Iron Giant but I don't think that is right.
    No, but you're close. Think Japanese. Another hint : the Bond reference is about the most famous villain of them all, the magician is the most famous fictional magician of them all.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Gert Fröbe played in "Les magiciens" with Franco Nero. Nero played in Rasputin (not really a magician?). Maybe this is helpful for someone else...
    Nope, that's not it. It involves a change of name for the European market.
    All right, another clue :

The magician shares his name ith a plant long used in witchcraft (which is probably why he was called by that name).
    Still nothing ? Well, here's another clue :

A spider's touch".
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Gerard wrote: »
    All right, another clue :

The magician shares his name ith a plant long used in witchcraft (which is probably why he was called by that name).

Mandrake. I still don t know the answer to the riddle.
    You're very close. One hint :

The robot has a big pair of... horns.