• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    007pen wrote: »
    NO TIME TO DIE
    www.007pen.com
    just released yestedray on the official website

Don't click
  • RC7RC7
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Meh. Myself and others have my opinion and you have yours. Let’s respectfully leave it at that.

The response of someone whose argument is flatter than a witch’s tit.
    Wow. Making a Bond movie broke him? Snowflake much? You don't hear this from other directors who made classic bond films.

I think "snowflake" isn't really warranted here.

On one hand, I don't have all that much sympathy for people making millions of dollars to do work that they love. If Cary tries to complain to some punters on lunch break at the factory or some knackered healthcare workers at an ICU, he won't get much traction.

But on some level I understand him, and I'm not sure why anyone thinks making a Bond movie would be fun, exactly. The pressure is insane, and you've got hundreds of millions riding on your shoulders. You have an army of 'fans' online who are impossible to please, and a lot of variables (from EON to MGM to COVID) beyond your control.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Yeah,i think any Director....even the Great Terence Young, wouldn't have had it easy Directing NTTD. Why?...Because NTTD went through all those Delays & Rewrites, to Top SP critically. Am certain if SP was a critical Success, we would have had Bond 25 ever since. Why?...Because they won't doubt the Script. I think the anxiety to correct & top SP, got too much that they felt there was need to keep improving the Script. Probably, even when they did write something good, they doubt it & do rewrites. So I can relate with Cary. He's Directing a Bond film to make Bond relevant again....just like TSWLM, TLD, GE, CR & SF brought Bond back Strongly. Coming back strongly has never been Bond's Problem. The only thing missing in recent years, is making great Bond films in Tandem.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Again, Cary decided to expand the mythology established in SP. Not correcting it.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    matt_u wrote: »
    Again, Cary decided to expand the mythology established in SP. Not correcting it.

Yeah, expansion as in correction...like expanding Madeleine's role & making her a huge part of the narrative. Making Blofeld better & making SPECTRE more threatening....I won't mention Bond, Coz Craig has been Fantastic. Oh! and improving the Score with Zimmer at the Helm.
  • The whole interview is between friends, so more candid and casual than usual. Cary seems to be answering the questions with levity and not whining. He says it himself, with hindsight it was a fun experience but felt like going 170 mph without ever braking. Fact of the matter is that he delivered the film on time, if not ahead of schedule. From being announced as director in September 2018 to wrapping up filming in October 2019... that's just 13 months! With all that he was involved in (including location scouting, cast and crew hiring, writing the script) - that's a remarkable feat!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »

Yeah, expansion as in correction...like expanding Madeleine's role & making her a huge part of the narrative. Making Blofeld better & making SPECTRE more threatening....I won't mention Bond, Coz Craig has been Fantastic. Oh! and improving the Score with Zimmer at the Helm.

Yep... I really can't wait to hear Zimmer's work. After 2 (pretty solid) scores from the "safe bet" Arnold and Newman's combo a score with a total different new vibe is what the franchise desperately needs.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2020 Posts: 15,686
    Venom 2, originally due for October 2 (1 month before NTTD), has been delayed to June 25, 2021.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 4,400
    Venom 2, originally due for October 2 (1 month before NTTD), has been delayed to June 25, 2021.

Wait for NTTD to steal this release date. Early October is a big release window after the first Venom, Boheiman Rhapsody and Joker. In fact, The Batman just nabbed October 2021.

f4de4627f9faa3f7c8afc7424947fefb.gif

If I was Eon, I'd move to this date and get out of Black Widow's way. But I imagine Christopher Nolan is eyeing it now for Tenet.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited April 2020 Posts: 5,834
    The Batman has just taken October 1. The caped crusader swiped that one @Pierce2Daniel

Wait for NTTD to steal this release date. Early October is a big release window after the first Venom, Boheiman Rhapsody and Joker. In fact, The Batman just nabbed October 2021.

If I was Eon, I'd move to this date and get out of Black Widow's way. But I imagine Christopher Nolan is eyeing it now for Tenet.

That reasoning doesn’t hold because the point of delaying to Nov is to get Bond back into its classic (25 years and counting) release window, take advantage of the mid-week holiday bump and push NTTD away from current events. October has proven to be a successful month in recent years but some have made the argument that Joker made a billion because NTTD and WW84 did not release in November of 2019. Moving NTTD to October would just cut its legs off in the middle of its run when BW debuts on Nov 6th. The current release schedule allows Bond to do that to BW.

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Burgess wrote: »

That reasoning doesn’t hold because the point of delaying to Nov is to get Bond back into its classic (25 years and counting) release window, take advantage of the mid-week holiday bump and push NTTD away from current events. October has proven to be a successful month in recent years but some have made the argument that Joker made a billion because NTTD and WW84 did not release in November of 2019. Moving NTTD to October would just cut its legs off in the middle of its run when BW debuts on Nov 6th. The current release schedule allows Bond to do that to BW.

In the UK, Quantum of Solace, Skyfall, and Spectre were all released in October.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited April 2020 Posts: 8,009
    Lovely photo of Léa, from Greg Williams.

In the UK, Quantum of Solace, Skyfall, and Spectre were all released in October.

But it wasn’t early October. Also, if they stagger the U.S. release by a week or two then that puts the opening even closer to BW. I think October is still a wobbly month to release movies in a normal year, let alone this year. Late November is a perfect release date for Bond; NTTD can take advantage of both Thanksgiving and Christmas, while BW will have been our nearly one and two months by the time those Holidays roll around.

Lovely photo of Léa, from Greg Williams.

These photoshoots are always so dumb.
  • Burgess wrote: »

But it wasn’t early October. Also, if they stagger the U.S. release by a week or two then that puts the opening even closer to BW. I think October is still a wobbly month to release movies in a normal year, let alone this year. Late November is a perfect release date for Bond; NTTD can take advantage of both Thanksgiving and Christmas, while BW will have been our nearly one and two months by the time those Holidays roll around.

And there's no Star Wars to compete with at that time.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Is this due to virus concerns in October or because they are unable to complete work on the film and have it ready?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    TripAces wrote: »

Is this due to virus concerns in October or because they are unable to complete work on the film and have it ready?

IMDB lists it as in 'post-production'. But there is also the possibility that this film was supposed to release after Morbius, and that was already delayed from August 2020 to March 2021.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Anyone read this...
    https://amp.cinemablend.com/news/2494816/no-time-to-dies-director-originally-had-a-wild-idea-for-daniel-craigs-final-run-as-bond
    Glad they didn’t take this route. Seems like a soap opera storyline. Though if handled well, it could’ve potentially worked. Not sure audiences would’ve reacted well to it. Let alone Bond fans.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I think it would have gotten a good reaction on first viewing, kind of like stunt casting, but would have negatively affected the overall product / rewatchability, also like stunt casting.
    Just further to my comment about suspecting the November release is not happening. The uks science advisor has said today that social restrictions will be in place for at least the whole of 2020. Again happy to be proved wrong but a November release of NTTD is fanciful.

I wonder whether cinema as we know it will return before a vaccine is found.

Maybe Eon need to look at a plan B
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    New BTS stills by instagram.com/MaxEarey/

Valhalla in Scotland
    NiIRQDF.jpg
    SAvWNd1.jpg
    PcBLTs8.jpg
    cMRBKpP.jpg
    gVcAQkP.jpg

Matera shoot
    MefOa9K.jpg
    cYc0URf.jpg
    9UbGVMB.jpg
    czU5dKb.jpg
    NLgC4p2.jpg
    H38u4Cj.jpg
    KT0hml4.jpg
    wj9O7wd.jpg
    vxOnt9w.jpg
    hSIrQv5.jpg
    ee2rLlV.jpg

I have also been chatting with stuntman Alistair Whitton. He's the one riding the bike chasing Bond in Matera. Alistair took a bunch of pictures during production and will published them in due course since the stills might be revealing too much at this time.

nBUN6Xl.jpg
    wqh6s3u.jpg

Matt007 wrote: »
    Just further to my comment about suspecting the November release is not happening. The uks science advisor has said today that social restrictions will be in place for at least the whole of 2020. Again happy to be proved wrong but a November release of NTTD is fanciful.

Current industry consensus is yes it will, with restricted capacity and additional things to facilitate social distancing. Though the industry may be overoptimistic... Germany announced today they're aiming for cinemas to open no earlier than July 31.
    antovolk wrote: »
    Matt007 wrote: »

Current industry consensus is yes it will, with restricted capacity and additional things to facilitate social distancing. Though the industry may be overoptimistic... Germany announced today they're aiming for cinemas to open no earlier than July 31.

Let’s hope so. Will seem peculiar to be in the company of strangers. I think I’m already becoming institutionalised!
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 17,241
    A new article from Norwegian newspaper VG covering their visit to Pinewood last autumn.

There's little here that we don't know about already, but there are a few tidbits that might be of interest. Quotes from the article in spoiler tags:
    We are told that Malek first appear in the film’s opening sequence which takes place in Nittedal outside Oslo.
    - Malek plays Safin. His character is associated with Bond girl Madeleine Swann. He visits her in the cabin in Norway, and very dramatic things happens there, he says (Mark Tildesley).
    The second car chase in the film takes place in Norway.
    - Bond is chased by the villains in muddy and steep terrain. The start of this sequence was filmed in Norway (on the Atlantic Road, journ. note). We had to shoot the rest in Scotland for practical reasons. In this sequence, Bond is actually driving two cars. A Toyota Land Cruiser LC90 and an Aston Martin V9 Vantage, which Bond last drove in The Living Daylights. - Chris Corbould.
    Agent 007 and Paloma (Ana de Armas) are at a glamorous club in Havana. Bond is wearing a Tom Ford tux, while Paloma is wearing a navy blue silk dress and Chopard jewellery.

Suddenly they spot the man they are looking for – Valdo Obruchev, played by Swede David Dencik, known from productions such as The Snowman, Chernobyl, and Quick. CIA colleague Felix Leiter sends Bond on assignment to Cuba to find a mysterious package.

It turns out that the package is a person, Tildesley explains about Denick's role. Bond and Paloma try to get hold of Obruchev's suitcase. At the same time, the other people in the premises starts shooting at our heroes. The mysterious man pulls out a gun and shoots out a rope that allows him to escape.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    A new article from Norwegian newspaper VG covering their visit to Pinewood last autumn.

There's little here that we don't know about already, but there are a few tidbits that might be of interest. Quotes from the article in spoiler tags:
    We are told that Malek first appear in the film’s opening sequence which takes place in Nittedal outside Oslo.
    - Malek plays Safin. His character is associated with Bond girl Madeleine Swann. He visits her in the cabin in Norway, and very dramatic things happens there, he says (Mark Tildesley).
    - Bond is chased by the villains in muddy and steep terrain. The start of this sequence was filmed in Norway (on the Atlantic Road, journ. note). We had to shoot the rest in Scotland for practical reasons. In this sequence, Bond is actually driving two cars. A Toyota Land Cruiser LC90 and an Aston Martin V9 Vantage, which Bond last drove in The Living Daylights. - Chris Corbould.
    Agent 007 and Paloma (Ana de Armas) are at a glamorous club in Havana. Bond is wearing a Tom Ford tux, while Paloma is wearing a navy blue silk dress and Chopard jewellery.

Suddenly they spot the man they are looking for – Valdo Obruchev, played by Swede David Dencik, known from productions such as The Snowman, Chernobyl, and Quick. CIA colleague Felix Leiter sends Bond on assignment to Cuba to find a mysterious package.

It turns out that the package is a person, Tildesley explains about Denick's role. Bond and Paloma try to get hold of Obruchev's suitcase. At the same time, the other people in the premises starts shooting at our heroes. The mysterious man pulls out a gun and shoots out a rope that allows him to escape.

Very interesting. The Cuban night club sequence & the Norway chase sound/look amazing. I am beyond excited for this movie.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited April 2020 Posts: 3,018

Regarding spoiler 2: Why haven't we seen that car in any of the BTS-footage? Damn well kept secret I must say

@Torgeirtrap Since you have access to the article, could you copy/paste and DM me. No need for translation
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Contraband wrote: »

Regarding spoiler 2: Why haven't we seen that car in any of the BTS-footage? Damn well kept secret I must say

@Torgeirtrap Since you have access to the article, could you copy/paste and DM me. No need for translation

I believe we saw a video or two of it filming on the Atlantic Road.