What Ever Happened To...Sheikh Hosein from TSWLM? (page 41)

Comments

• thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    I love the intrigue of this @Revelator I understand Freddie was a political chameleon as he served for many different parties in order to maintain his position of Minister of Defense so I am guessing those secrets were definitely bombshells.

I always thought he was a sleeper agent in Cuba living the life of a retired civil servant getting tanned.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 2,887
    All but one of Gray's appearances were during the Thatcher era, so my guess is that he was either a Tory appointed during the Labour government, or a centrist appointed by Labour who was allowed to stay by the Conservatives. But if the latter was the case, in order to survive during the Thatcher years he would have needed to develop a rapport with the Iron Lady and gain her confidence. Perhaps the two enjoyed a torrid love affair...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    At the party held after Kara Milovy s orchestra s concert, Grey got drunk, insulted the Mujihadeen, and was decapitated.
    Oh my goodness @Thunderfinger that was a great laugh reading that one! LOL! Did Bond break off his time with Kara in the dressing room to get involved?
    thedove wrote: »
    Oh my goodness @Thunderfinger that was a great laugh reading that one! LOL! Did Bond break off his time with Kara in the dressing room to get involved?

Of course not. She gave head, too.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Going back to Bibi (cos I’m not quick enough) she was all set to head off to the next Winter Olympics when by sheer chance she happened to bump into renowned actor Tim Curry whilst they were both on holiday in Lithuania, Already having demonstrated her penchant for the older man, they instantly fell in love and within a week they were married. For some time Bibi (who decided to take a double-barrelled surname) struggles to find a new direction in her life, before finally settling on a career in the bottled sauce business. Although I haven’t tried it myself, I understand Bibi Dahl-Curry’s Dhal Curry Sauce has quite a reputation.
    Love it @Max_The_Parrot curry sauce! LOL!

Okay we've dealt with everyone's favour Defense Minister. Some rather creative takes on what happened to him. Lets turn our attention to a woman who found out what Scotsman wear under their kilts. She was allergic to chickens until she found the Count. She had a dalliance with Hilly. Last seen departing Piz Gloria on a December evening. I am talking about one Ruby Bartlet.

Was she cured of her chicken allergy. Did she seek out the real Sir Hillary Bray? Did she ever return to the Alps? Inquiring minds want to know...whatever happened to Ruby?
    In The Moneypenny Diaries, it's said that she tried to get into contact with Sir Hillary Bray. Moneypenny filtered the call, and told him that "Hilly" would soon be married to a woman he's been engaged to "since childhood". I don't know what happened after that, but my best guess is she went back to the farm and married a neighbour who raised chickens, and that she had chicks of her own.
    She "took her love to town"
    Ruby choked on a chickenbone and was suffocated in 1970.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    She married Colonel Sanders in a private ceremony and later opened the first KFC franchise in Lancashire.255261dd2d3dfc17a77e8a4ffd598247.jpg
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Shortly after the events of OHMSS, she met a traveling chocolate salesman, fell deeply in love with him, and moved him onto her chicken farm. To this day, the chicken can often hear her giggle from the farmhouse, "Give me the Fry's chicken!"
    These are all priceless! @Gerard I didn't know that they addressed her trying to connect with "Hilly"! LOL! Some great ideas on what happened to adorable Ruby! I guess she was cured! I wonder if how she disposed the biological warfare items she was given by the count.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Oh my gosh @j_w_pepper, she's so beautiful in that picture. But I'm allergic.

• PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Did she seek out the real Sir Hillary Bray?

That's a good idea. I could easily picture her calling the College of Arms in London and finding him only to find out he wasn't the man she called "Hilly." I'd like to think the 2 of them fell in love and had the happy ending that sadly eluded Bond and Tracy.

Gerard wrote: »
    In The Moneypenny Diaries, it's said that she tried to get into contact with Sir Hillary Bray. Moneypenny filtered the call, and told him that "Hilly" would soon be married to a woman he's been engaged to "since childhood".

How come Moneypenny would be filtering Sir Hilary Bray's calls? She didn't work for the College of Arms and as far as we know Ruby never heard of the name James Bond.
    The College of Arms sent the call to MI6.
    I love Ruby! I imagine all the angels would keep in touch with other on their departure and have frequent reunions in Lauterbrunnen over the years. As the truth of their ordeal slowly comes to light several of the ladies are inspired by ‘Hilly’ to continue fighting crime and rescuing damsels in distress. The real Sir Hilary agrees to act as their manager and together they set up a private detective agency called ‘Hilly’s Angels’. Once a month the soothing dulcet tones of Hilary Bray calls them up on the telephone and sends them on another well-paid mission. Years later famed TV producer Aaron Spelling is inspired by their success and adapts their adventures into a hit ABC show.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Cured of her affliction, Ruby later set up the very first Tastes Like Chicken Diner in the United States. It is currently KFC's biggest rival with thousands of diners across the country and indeed the world. Ruby became a multi-billionaire as a result.
    Oh that's a good one @Max_The_Parrot Hilly's Angels are better then Angels of Death! LOL!

@Dragonpol tastes like chicken. Cause it cause breakouts all over? LOL!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited April 2020 Posts: 17,728
    @thedove: Ruby's speciality dish in the Diners was Chicken Makhanwala with fries. ;)
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    I would like to think that after the events of OHMSS, she went around to various Train depots writing her phone number on men’s legs in the hope that she would meet “Hilly 2.0.” Eventually she was successful, and then retired to a chicken farm in the country and lived happily ever after.

That said, this part of thread is a bit sad given Angela Scoular’s tragic ending.
    Dwayne wrote: »
    That said, this part of thread is a bit sad given Angela Scoular’s tragic ending.

I was unaware of it until now, but you're right. Wikipedia says "Scoular had depression and anorexia nervosa. She attempted suicide in 1992. It was revealed in March 2009 that she had colorectal cancer; she was eventually declared cancer-free, but in the months preceding her death she had feared its return. Weeks before her death, she was arrested for drunk-driving. She died on 11 April 2011 after ingesting acid drain cleaner and pouring it on her body, causing lethal burns to her digestive tract and skin."

At least her suffering is over.
    I was unaware of the actresses tough life. :(

Well maybe we should move on to another person who encountered our favourite secret agent and lived to see another day!

He first met our man by taking him uptown! For $20 he would take his fare to a Klu Klux Klan cook-out. He had a taxi in New York and then again in New Orleans. He liked to call our man Jim!

Yes everyone's favourite cab driver! Whose name I can't find so I will steal what the James Bond encyclopedia calls him "Kananga's cab driver". He was quick with the quips and quick to lock the back doors of his cab. What became of this soul once Kananga was killed. Did he create his own criminal empire? Did he run a fleet of taxis in two cities?

What say you Mi6...whatever became of the cab driver from LALD?
    What say you Mi6...whatever became of the cab driver from LALD?
    After the demise of Mr. Big, "Cabbie" moved to Los Angeles where he took a job as a driver/courier for notorious gangster & drug pusher Willie Green.

During the 1975 street war between Green and renowned pimp/nightclub entertainer Dolemite, one of the gals in Dolemite's army of kung fu hookers killed Cabbie with a lethal blow to the solar plexus.
    He was last seen in January 1976 when someone did pay him 20 dollars to be taken to a KKK meeting.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited April 2020 Posts: 5,921
    Going underground after the events of LALD, decades later he teamed up with Baron Samedi and created a lucrative transcendental meditation app. Its name: "Relax, ha ha ha ha ha!"
    Hilarious contributions so far, I can’t top that! 👍

Oh @echo that is priceless. I do like how that line is delivered in the movie! Cabbie and Baron together! That would be something to see! I agree @Max_The_Parrot we have some clever contributors to this thread!
    He was last seen in January 1976 when someone did pay him 20 dollars to be taken to a KKK meeting.
    :))

---

He was "driven" out of business by those pesky Uber drivers who saturated the market of taking unsuspecting British agents to Harlem drug kingpins.
    It is a cut throat business but something tells me "cabbie" would have survived Uber! He decided after Mr. Big he decided to free-lance. Course his price of $20 was cheap and he ended up being thrust into danger on numerous occasions.