No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    talos7 wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »

Thank you!

Waltz spilling absolutely nothing, though I love this quote:
    I would never grant [Trump] the honour of comparing him to Blofeld — a ‘connoisseur’ of the power game [compared with] this barbarian, primitive Cro-Magnon, bullying everyone into submission just because he has the machinery behind him

Oh please, drop the politics.

It's from an interview from a cast member of NTTD, related to his role in NTTD. It's fair game.

Absolutely, he, and any other paid performer, is free to alienate a substantial portion of his potential audience. Feel free.

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited April 2020 Posts: 7,518

Thank you!

I would never grant [Trump] the honour of comparing him to Blofeld — a ‘connoisseur’ of the power game [compared with] this barbarian, primitive Cro-Magnon, bullying everyone into submission just because he has the machinery behind him

It's from an interview from a cast member of NTTD, related to his role in NTTD. It's fair game.

Absolutely, he, and any other paid performer, is free to alienate a substantial portion of his potential audience. Feel free.

Exactly. And believe me, if the NTTD theatres are completely devoid of Trump supporters, all the better.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Point made, @talos7.

Thank you!

Exactly. And believe me, if the NTTD theatres are completely devoid of Trump supporters, all the better.

Won’t be better for the box office

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited April 2020 Posts: 7,518
    Tuck91 wrote: »

Thank you!

Won’t be better for the box office

I’m not a shareholder, and I don’t want Bond films or actors that attempt to pander to everyone.
    Stark wrote: »
    I just listened the french podcast "Parlons péloches" and I can confirm the words of Youen Leclerc (who worked on visual effects) about the Valhalla.

He said exactly : "They filmed the sequence with this car and after looking at the images they discovered that ultimately they did not like this car very much. Rather than re-film the sequence, we digitally reconstructed an Aston Martin DBS".

That is fascinating. I know the BLACKBIRD rig has been gaining popularity but it's interesting to hear that they simply just swapped out one car for another.

Is the BLACKBIRD rig something similar to what they used when they shots scenes for the film on the Atlantic Road last year?

They look very similar but that just looks like a POV or a following camera car to me.

Here is the Blackbird:

That's what it was used for in that sequence (at least according to newspaper reports). I just wondered if it might have been used for something similar to the Blackbird as well.

Agh, sorry. With you now. The only thing that would rule it out for me is the lack of motion capture tags on the body. But still, you never know. I've never been up close with a Blackbird or known anyone who has operated one to definitively say, unfortunately.

It was just a thought anyway, and I agree, the lack of motion capture tags on the body alone probably rules out that possibility. :-)
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    TripAces wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    I'm wondering if a whole new trailer will be cut for early September.

The film will be released in November. The trend lines are looking much better.

Yeah, But the new trailer worries me a bit...since they've shown us a lot...trailer-wise, coz they thought April was still the release date. Maybe New Music & one or two new lines might suffice with quick flashes of the old scenes we've already seen.

I'm not sure they would have to reveal much more; but they'd want to edit it and include different music to suit a new marketing approach. Faster. More upbeat. More like an "Eff Yeah, James Bond is back!"

Yeah, Most Likely Scenario.
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    I haven't looked at this site for a few weeks due to various Covid 19 related business. But I have just logged back in and seen the synopsis posted on Reddit a few weeks ago.

I am not willing for this film to fail. I am not a negative person or overly critical of EoN. I also try to take everything from the net with a dose of scepticism.

But if that plot is in any way real, and Felix dies and Bond ends up bringing up a clone child with Madeline, then I can confidently say that I will be done with all things 007.

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    I haven't looked at this site for a few weeks due to various Covid 19 related business. But I have just logged back in and seen the synopsis posted on Reddit a few weeks ago.

I am not willing for this film to fail. I am not a negative person or overly critical of EoN. I also try to take everything from the net with a dose of scepticism.

But if that plot is in any way real, and Felix dies and Bond ends up bringing up a clone child with Madeline, then I can confidently say that I will be done with all things 007.

That's a lot of "IF's" , we don't know much about the plot yet, just rumours.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited April 2020 Posts: 4,343

What’s the problem with
    Felix dying? Regarding the clone it all depends on the execution even tho it sounds extremely awkward on paper. Anyway in the books Bond sometimes wonders on having children once being done with the 00 program.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

It's only something a "fan" made up.

It could be true, or not.

But if it turns out to be the actual plot I hope it's wel executed. And if it's not, I'll still be the first in line to go see Bond 26.

:-@
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Please put those "ifs" in spoiler tags, thanks. They're not exactly minor.

Please put those "ifs" in spoiler tags, thanks. They're not exactly minor.

It doesn't matter. He's done with it.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 38
    Is the BLACKBIRD rig something similar to what they used when they shots scenes for the film on the Atlantic Road last year?

No, that's an array vehicle, it's a fast vehicle which drives the path the vehicles drive (often faster than when cast are in the car as they will be slightly slower for safety). The one in those images has the cameras split into two groups, one set at the front, the other at the back, sometimes it's a fixed circle of cameras as seen in some of the photos from Matera. It films a 360 background plate (with I think cameras at roughly head height of people in the car), and also a camera that points up at the sky. Basically it's used for two reasons, one to be the background for after you've filmed the dialogue against blue/green screen in the studio, the other is a newer reason and that's to play back on set around the car to help get accurate lighting and reflections in windows and on the vehicle. In the second case the background behind cast is usually still green/blue but the rest is moving so that less post work has to be done on inserting reflections on the car. It can help cast a little while they are sitting in the car so they see roughly where they are on their journey but that's definitely not the reason for playing it back!

However that said I feel along with the Blackbird being the shape that will be replaced by a car it does look like it is capturing the environment for exactly the same reasons.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Thanks for the detailed explanation, @Penpen! :)
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 38
    No problem @CraigMooreOHMSS hope it all made sense.
    So it is a Caterham. ;)
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited April 2020 Posts: 1,261
    ertert wrote: »
    I'm just glad the movie is in the can. My anxiety levels about it are rather low due to that fact. Yes it's extremely disappointing having to wait til November or even longer but it's been made, it's finished, it's sitting safely on a hard drive somewhere and it's just a matter of time until we can all enjoy it.

If they had waited any longer to get things moving then the actual production would be in jeopardy and who knows what could've happened to the film at that point.

Now it's just a waiting game. Wishing good health and safety to all of you.

+1
    Thanks. Same to you, Sir. \:D/
    edited April 2020 Posts: 737
    I should have done hidden my previous message behind a spoiler, I apologise.

You ruined it! YoU rUiNeD iT. :p
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Today was supposed to be the day 😭
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    I just finished watching The Third Man with Orson Welles. I really hope the climax of No Time To Die takes some inspiration from this film with a chase through an underground labyrinth of tunnels. These tunnels could be like what we have seen in the various trailers. I think that would be quite exciting.
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    I just finished watching The Third Man with Orson Welles. I really hope the climax of No Time To Die takes some inspiration from this film with a chase through an underground labyrinth of tunnels. These tunnels could be like what we have seen in the various trailers. I think that would be quite exciting.

I thought Skyfall was going to reference the Third Man. But it didnt.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Getafix wrote: »
    Bentley007 wrote: »

I thought Skyfall was going to reference the Third Man. But it didnt.

With the Silva chase?
    I would have been seeing NTTD tonight.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Yup my butt woulda been in a theater seat right around now
    ertert wrote: »

You ruined it! YoU rUiNeD iT. :p

Ha. Sorry, my friend. Won't happen again.
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Yup my butt woulda been in a theater seat right around now

just hoping we still can in November
    I’m dying to see the bond vs safin showdown in the woods