No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited April 2020 Posts: 14,861
    Contraband wrote: »
    The first tweet has exclusive info from James Bond radios journalist plus I did some image research. And although you've seen the rest, it has all the correct location names

Plus, the old market in Port Antonio where Craig was driving the land rover: The market square had been dressed up to look like Cuba plus they had cuban soldiers or maybe police on the set. All according to James Bond radios journalist Matthew Chernov.

Thought you Bondnerds would like to know that

Thanks for the links!
    Would a seaplane take off from an aerodrome?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    mtm wrote: »
    The first tweet has exclusive info from James Bond radios journalist plus I did some image research. And although you've seen the rest, it has all the correct location names

Plus, the old market in Port Antonio where Craig was driving the land rover: The market square had been dressed up to look like Cuba plus they had cuban soldiers or maybe police on the set. All according to James Bond radios journalist Matthew Chernov.

Thought you Bondnerds would like to know that

Thanks for the links!
    Would a seaplane take off from an aerodrome?

@mtm "An aerodrome is the part of an airport that is used by aircraft" says wiki

I have checked the Aerodrome's Facebook and they usually have seaplanes on that landing strip.
    Here we are on April 9, the date that many of us would have been seeing NTTD. How quickly the world has changed in the last few months. I realize there are more important things in life than a movie but man, this still hurts. We will persevere, though!
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited April 2020 Posts: 3,497
    Here we are on April 9, the date that many of us would have been seeing NTTD. How quickly the world has changed in the last few months. I realize there are more important things in life than a movie but man, this still hurts. We will persevere, though!

No Time To Falter ;-)
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Jess Hawkins: A racing driver with James Bond stunt credentials
    https://inews.co.uk/sport/jess-hawkins-w-series-racing-driver-james-bond-stunt-driver-2533811

Hawkins’s Bond bonanza resulted from her stunt background in shows like Fast and Furious. A contact put her forward when it emerged the Bond crew were looking for a female driver.

“I had to go through an audition where I had to drift around a few cones and stuff,” Hawkins said. “There are a lot of similarities between stunt driving and racing, but it is also very different. Like racing, you have to be absolutely millimetre perfect. “Everybody expects Bond to be spectacular. Everybody eagerly anticipates the car chases. I can assure you it is spectacular. You won’t want to miss it.”

[...] “I was a small part in a massive production,” she said. “The stunt coordinator welcomed me to the team, which was amazing. It is very difficult to get into movies and to gain trust. It was a big honour. I went to some incredible locations and was one of the first people to drive the new Land Rover Defender. On the back of that I’m now a Land Rover ambassador.”
    I'm just glad the movie is in the can. My anxiety levels about it are rather low due to that fact. Yes it's extremely disappointing having to wait til November or even longer but it's been made, it's finished, it's sitting safely on a hard drive somewhere and it's just a matter of time until we can all enjoy it.

If they had waited any longer to get things moving then the actual production would be in jeopardy and who knows what could've happened to the film at that point.

Now it's just a waiting game. Wishing good health and safety to all of you.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    ertert wrote: »
    I'm just glad the movie is in the can. My anxiety levels about it are rather low due to that fact. Yes it's extremely disappointing having to wait til November or even longer but it's been made, it's finished, it's sitting safely on a hard drive somewhere and it's just a matter of time until we can all enjoy it.

If they had waited any longer to get things moving then the actual production would be in jeopardy and who knows what could've happened to the film at that point.

Good words!
  • StarkStark France
    I just listened the french podcast "Parlons péloches" and I can confirm the words of Youen Leclerc (who worked on visual effects) about the Valhalla.

He said exactly : "They filmed the sequence with this car and after looking at the images they discovered that ultimately they did not like this car very much. Rather than re-film the sequence, we digitally reconstructed an Aston Martin DBS".
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    ertert wrote: »

Very good point.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Christoph Waltz Explains the Benefits of the Quibi Format & Teases ‘No Time To Die’
    https://collider.com/quibi-explained-christoph-waltz-interview/

And now for one upcoming project because I just can’t help myself! Can you tell me specifically about the choice to return for No Time To Die? It’s very enticing to bring back familiar characters, but you always want your character to come back with purpose. So are you able to tease anything about the role that made you say, ‘Yeah, it’s necessary for me to return to that character?’

WALTZ: You’ll see when you see it. [Laughs] You’ll see what it is when you see it. It would’ve been out by now had it not been for the virus. So they pushed it into November. I was disappointed too because I didn’t want to dodge questions. But we’ll see. No, it was necessary. It was great and let’s talk again about it after you’ve seen it.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Stark wrote: »
    I just listened the french podcast "Parlons péloches" and I can confirm the words of Youen Leclerc (who worked on visual effects) about the Valhalla.

He said exactly : "They filmed the sequence with this car and after looking at the images they discovered that ultimately they did not like this car very much. Rather than re-film the sequence, we digitally reconstructed an Aston Martin DBS".

That is fascinating. I know the BLACKBIRD rig has been gaining popularity but it's interesting to hear that they simply just swapped out one car for another.

• edited April 2020 Posts: 4,400
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Christoph Waltz Explains the Benefits of the Quibi Format & Teases ‘No Time To Die’

And now for one upcoming project because I just can’t help myself! Can you tell me specifically about the choice to return for No Time To Die? It’s very enticing to bring back familiar characters, but you always want your character to come back with purpose. So are you able to tease anything about the role that made you say, ‘Yeah, it’s necessary for me to return to that character?’

WALTZ: You’ll see when you see it. [Laughs] You’ll see what it is when you see it. It would’ve been out by now had it not been for the virus. So they pushed it into November. I was disappointed too because I didn’t want to dodge questions. But we’ll see. No, it was necessary. It was great and let’s talk again about it after you’ve seen it.

Covid-19 does sound like a plan by Blofeld on second thoughts.

In other news, Waltz is out pimping his new Quibi streaming show. He even got an Instagram! That's right, the most obtuse, serious and dismissive man is on the gram.....

@Contraband any chance you know if the interview is available? Snaps from the interview below:

8b9cfcba3f7fe727cffb3a1f29473875f77bf754.jpg
    e13916ee6cff18e815aaff42a313519b58d57422.jpg
    f89a08d5b8609e31f9b59c00724af6cab1503f4d.jpg
    d94664db8954469d54580c7d3c394f49b7041b95.png
    124474dc9de5cf3bcec7c60023b51958b794895a.png
    211a178873fd34f4dc5658d680195c35e1fcb010.png
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Waltz is real life Blofeld :))

That is fascinating. I know the BLACKBIRD rig has been gaining popularity but it's interesting to hear that they simply just swapped out one car for another.

Is the BLACKBIRD rig something similar to what they used when they shots scenes for the film on the Atlantic Road last year?

Is the BLACKBIRD rig something similar to what they used when they shots scenes for the film on the Atlantic Road last year?

They look very similar but that just looks like a POV or a following camera car to me.

Here is the Blackbird:

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

They look very similar but that just looks like a POV or a following camera car to me.

Here is the Blackbird:

Looks a bit like a Caterham. :-?
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    JamesCraig wrote: »

Here is the Blackbird:

Looks a bit like a Caterham. :-?

Was thinking that too. The one above, on set, definitely is.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 17,241

Here is the Blackbird:

That's what it was used for in that sequence (at least according to newspaper reports). I just wondered if it might have been used for something similar to the Blackbird as well.
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Covid-19 does sound like a plan by Blofeld on second thoughts.

In other news, Waltz is out pimping his new Quibi streaming show. He even got an Instagram! That's right, the most obtuse, serious and dismissive man is on the gram.....

@Contraband any chance you know if the interview is available? Snaps from the interview below:

8b9cfcba3f7fe727cffb3a1f29473875f77bf754.jpg
    e13916ee6cff18e815aaff42a313519b58d57422.jpg
    f89a08d5b8609e31f9b59c00724af6cab1503f4d.jpg
    d94664db8954469d54580c7d3c394f49b7041b95.png
    124474dc9de5cf3bcec7c60023b51958b794895a.png
    211a178873fd34f4dc5658d680195c35e1fcb010.png

@Pierce2Daniel Not yet.. I'm on it

@Torgeirtrap Don't think that racing car with the 360 camera system (Bond's eye level and/or POV) is the same as the blackbird
    edited April 2020 Posts: 3,018
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 17,241
    @Torgeirtrap Don't think that racing car with the 360 camera system (Bond's eye level and/or POV) is the same as the blackbird

Yeah, as @CraigMooreOHMSS pointed out, it doesn't look like it. One seeing the Blackbird though, I couldn't help think about this car.

Thank you!

Waltz spilling absolutely nothing, though I love this quote:
    I would never grant [Trump] the honour of comparing him to Blofeld — a ‘connoisseur’ of the power game [compared with] this barbarian, primitive Cro-Magnon, bullying everyone into submission just because he has the machinery behind him
    Use this link instead, everyone. Direct access

https://docdro.id/N85lImw

Here is the Blackbird:

That's what it was used for in that sequence (at least according to newspaper reports). I just wondered if it might have been used for something similar to the Blackbird as well.

Agh, sorry. With you now. The only thing that would rule it out for me is the lack of motion capture tags on the body. But still, you never know. I've never been up close with a Blackbird or known anyone who has operated one to definitively say, unfortunately.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I'm wondering if a whole new trailer will be cut for early September.

The film will be released in November. The trend lines are looking much better.
    TripAces wrote: »

I very cautiously share some of your optimism after reading today.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    antovolk wrote: »

Thank you!

I would never grant [Trump] the honour of comparing him to Blofeld — a ‘connoisseur’ of the power game [compared with] this barbarian, primitive Cro-Magnon, bullying everyone into submission just because he has the machinery behind him

Oh please, drop the politics.

• GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria

Yeah, But the new trailer worries me a bit...since they've shown us a lot...trailer-wise, coz they thought April was still the release date. Maybe New Music & one or two new lines might suffice with quick flashes of the old scenes we've already seen.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    GadgetMan wrote: »

Yeah, But the new trailer worries me a bit...since they've shown us a lot...trailer-wise, coz they thought April was still the release date. Maybe New Music & one or two new lines might suffice with quick flashes of the old scenes we've already seen.

I'm not sure they would have to reveal much more; but they'd want to edit it and include different music to suit a new marketing approach. Faster. More upbeat. More like an "Eff Yeah, James Bond is back!"
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    talos7 wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »

Thank you!

Oh please, drop the politics.

It's from an interview from a cast member of NTTD, related to his role in NTTD. It's fair game.