No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Red_Snow wrote: »

@Red_Snow, and everybody else in here

Men's Journal: Craig's training for NTTD, pages 85-90

https://docdro.id/MxZTyXr
    Getafix wrote: »
    Does anyone on here have any idea what the financial impact on EON and MGM might be if NTTD's release gets pushed back beyond November? I mean there's the remote possibility the world has returned to relative normality by November but globally I can't see this not impacting on the BO negatively even if it does come out at the end of the year.

Restrictions and fear are going to persist for a long time.

I can easily see them putting back the release even further.

I just don't see cinema attendances returning to normal by November if you think about the number of older fans who go to see Bond. Those people will be staying away en masse until there's a vaccine, which will be 12 to 18 months away.

Could be considerable considering their last release was one the biggest failures in recent memory.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    He's 52! There's hope for us yet :)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    delfloria wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    Does anyone on here have any idea what the financial impact on EON and MGM might be if NTTD's release gets pushed back beyond November? I mean there's the remote possibility the world has returned to relative normality by November but globally I can't see this not impacting on the BO negatively even if it does come out at the end of the year.

Restrictions and fear are going to persist for a long time.

I can easily see them putting back the release even further.

I just don't see cinema attendances returning to normal by November if you think about the number of older fans who go to see Bond. Those people will be staying away en masse until there's a vaccine, which will be 12 to 18 months away.

Could be considerable considering their last release was one the biggest failures in recent memory.

you may not like the film-- and many do not on this forum. But an $880 million take from the last film is NOT a failure; it suggests that many, many, many repeat viewers returning accumulated that number.

Insisting, @delfloria, that this release was "one of the biggest failure in recent memory" is quite frankly fake news. It's a lie. It may have not met your standards, and that's fine (Spectre currently ranks 21 out of 24 for me), but to call it "one of the biggest failures in recent memory" is a truth only in your rankings... Box office-wise it was a success and the majority of the audiences that came back time and again on repeat viewings to accumulate that $880 million tally may disagree with your insinuation that this film was a "failure".
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    "Creative misfire" is a term I've enjoyed using to describe it, lately.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    peter wrote: »
    you may not like the film-- and many do not on this forum. But an $880 million take from the last film is NOT a failure; it suggests that many, many, many repeat viewers returning accumulated that number.

Insisting, @delfloria, that this release was "one of the biggest failure in recent memory" is quite frankly fake news. It's a lie. It may have not met your standards, and that's fine (Spectre currently ranks 21 out of 24 for me), but to call it "one of the biggest failures in recent memory" is a truth only in your rankings... Box office-wise it was a success and the majority of the audiences that came back time and again on repeat viewings to accumulate that $880 million tally may disagree with your insinuation that this film was a "failure".
    Yup. Reality.

Separate from that, surely there are financial issues with the current state of the world and recovery from crisis. I expect it will affect box office.

Maybe to the point Daniel Craig comes back for one more mission, to "go out on a high".

@peter and @RichardTheBruce I'm certainly not talking about SPECTRE, EON does not only make 007 films.
    The spy film, "The Rhythm Section" produced by EON earlier this year, was a colossal flop and financial disaster.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    peter wrote: »

Yup. Reality.

Separate from that, surely there are financial issues with the current state of the world and recovery from crisis. I expect it will affect box office.

Maybe to the point Daniel Craig comes back for one more mission, to "go out on a high".

That's been his plan since SP. It isn't working.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    SP wasn't a Box-Office failure, it was a Critical failure....although, am sure EON were thinking it's Box-Office would equal or surpass SF's. Maybe if SP was released after QoS(although, QoS' narrative would have had to change) SP might have made a Billion....considering how long Bond was absent after QoS, although I don't know if it would have been critically successful. It was just unfortunate that SP had to follow SF, Coz fans were looking forward to SP topping SF in all Areas. SP was of course financially successful....or else we won't be expecting NTTD. It just failed to capture that eventful 2012 behemoth feel that SF was able to attain.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,497
    @peter and @RichardTheBruce I'm certainly not talking about SPECTRE, EON does not only make 007 films.
    The spy film, "The Rhythm Section" produced by EON earlier this year, was a colossal flop and financial disaster.

And this will affect NTTD how exactly? Spectre was the 6th most succesful movie of 2015, right before Inside Out and right after Minions.

@Mendes4Lyfe Trolling par excellence? opinions aren't facts.
  • I'd take this with a BIG grain of salt but there's a leaked overview of NTTD's plot from 4chan. I know we see quite a few of these with every new Bond film, but this is the first one for NTTD that seems to fit with what we do know.
    Safin (Rami Malek) is a former member of SPECTRE. Believing that his extremist methods were dangerous, Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Christoph Waltz) ordered his assassination, but Safin survived, albeit heavily scarred, and disappeared. Over the following 20 years, he built an international criminal empire, relying on groundbreaking gene therapy to prolong his life. He crosses paths with James Bond (Daniel Craig) when he begins assassination SPECTRE's leaders following Blofeld's arrest by the MI6 in order to seize control of the organization.

Safin's plan is to use an algae-based bioweapon to wipe out humanity and repopulate the planet with genetically engineered cloned humans of his design. The Adam & Eve of Safin's Eden will be child clones of himself and Bond's lover Madeline Swann (Lea Seydoux), with whom he has been obsessed since meeting her as a young girl.

In Italy, James Bond (Daniel Craig) and Madeline Swann (Lea Seydoux) are attacked by SPECTRE while visiting the tomb of Vesper Lynd. Bond believes Madeline has betrayed him and they separate. One year later, Bond is living in Jamaica. Felix Leiter (Jeffrey Wright) recruits him to rescue Dr. Valdo Obruchev (David Dencik) from SPECTRE in Cuba. Bond later meets MI6 agent Nomi (Lashana Lynch), who has also been assigned to find Obruchev.

In Cuba, Bond meets Leiter’s protégés Paloma (Ana de Armas) and Ashe (Billy Magnussen). Bond and Paloma infiltrate a SPECTRE outpost and learn that a rival organization is killing SPECTRE’s leaders and stealing their resources. They rescue Obruchev and meet with Leiter in a boat, but are betrayed by Ashe, who is working for the new organization. Ashe kills Leiter and Paloma and kidnaps Obruchev. Bond survives and Nomi rescues Obruchev.

In London, Bond rejoins the MI6 to avenge Leiter and Paloma, and learns they have recruited Madeline as a consultant. Bond interrogates Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Christoph Waltz), who reveals that Safin (Rami Malek), a rogue SPECTRE operative with a secret connection to Madeline, leads the new organization. Nomi learns Safin stole Obruchev’s research on a new algae-based bioweapon.

Madeline reveals that, when she was a child, Safin came to kill her mother. Young Madeline fell into a frozen lake trying to escape, but was rescued by Safin, who abducted her and has been coercing her into helping him in exchange for sparing her mother’s life. Bond and Madeline locate Madeline’s mother in Norway, and she provides a clue to Safin’s whereabouts before Ashe and his men arrive, kill her and abduct Madeline.

Nomi volunteers to help Bond rescue Madeline. Blofeld helps them decipher Madeline’s mother’s clue and locate Safin’s lair in an abandoned diamond mine in Russia, where Madeline learns that Safin is planning to use Obruchev’s weapon to wipe out humanity and repopulate the planet with genetically engineered cloned humans. He has already made a girl based on Madeline’s DNA to be the Eve, and is making a boy based on own DNA to be the Adam of his New Eden.

Bond and Nomi infiltrate Safin’s lair. Bond is captured and brought before Safin, but manages to escape, disable the bioweapon and kill Safin, avenging Leiter and Paloma. Meanwhile, Nomi kills Ashe and rescues Madeline and Eve. The four escape before the facility explodes and reunites at a nearby beach, where Bond and Madeline reconcile and decide to raise Eve together, while Nomi returns to the MI6. Bond assures her that he’s never too far gone if they need his help again.
    My God, that seems legit! :-O
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    JamesCraig wrote: »

And this will affect NTTD how exactly? Spectre was the 6th most succesful movie of 2015, right before Inside Out and right after Minions.

He was talking about the financial impact on Eon and MGM, that was the post he was responding to. NTTD being down on profit isn’t going to be great financial news for them after Rhythm Section, that seems reasonable to say.
    Lots of people knee jerking over things they haven’t read properly, come on guys.
    mtm wrote: »

He was talking about the financial impact on Eon and MGM, that was the post he was responding to. NTTD being down on profit isn’t going to be great financial news for them after Rhythm Section, that seems reasonable to say.
    Lots of people knee jerking over things they haven’t read properly, come on guys.

Every big studio has had a flop in recent years.

I have so far not read anything constructive from "Defloria".
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 4,400
    A lot doesn't work in that plot synopsis, namely:
    • I believe someone has confirmed that Paloma does not die. I can't imagine they will kill any of the females in a post MeToo Bond film.
    • So Safin got his scars from a failed hit ordered by Blofeld? Odd, because teh trailer pretty much confirms that he got the scars after Madeleine shot him in the face.
    • Also, Safin's whole plot hinges on creating an 'Eden' where him and Madeleine can be children again. However, according to the plot description Safin is a grown man at the lake (who has been prolonging his life). So our lead villain is a peadophile who wishes he was a kid?
    • Bond doesn't meet Logan Ash in Cuba. He meets him in Jamaica. He arrives with Felix. In fact, last month's Total Film even reveals some dialogue that Ash has in the club with Fliex and Bond where he first gets the Cuba mission.
    • Bond and Madeleine raising a clone and calling her 'Eve?' That's even more risible than the CGI paragliding in DAD.

The only reason it seems accurate is because someone has meshed every single rumour and put it into the story. However, not every rumour can be true.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,497
    • I believe someone has confirmed that Paloma does not die. I can't imagine they will kill any of the females in a post MeToo Bond film.
    • So Safin got his scars from a failed hit ordered by Blofeld? Odd, because teh trailer pretty much confirms that he got the scars after Madeleine shot him in the face.
    • Also, Safin's whole plot hinges on creating an 'Eden' where him and Madeleine can be children again. However, according to the plot description Safin is a grown man at the lake (who has been prolonging his life). So our lead villain is a peadophile who wishes he was a kid?
    • Bond doesn't meet Logan Ash in Cuba. He meets him in Jamaica. He arrives with Felix. In fact, last month's Total Film even reveals some dialogue that Ash has in the club with Fliex and Bond where he first gets the Cuba mission.
    • Bond and Madeleine raising a clone and calling her 'Eve?' That's even more risible than the CGI paragliding in DAD.

The only reason it seems accurate is because someone has meshed every single rumour and put it into the story. However, not every rumour can be true.

"What I believe" not equals fact. Your metoo comment is beyond silly, she was never confirmed to be more than a supporting character.

And if it turns out to be false, it's still pretty close to the actually plot. I think.

"What I believe" not equals fact. Your metoo comment is beyond silly, she was never confirmed to be more than a supporting character.

And if it turns out to be false, it's still pretty close to the actually plot. I think.

As far as I understand, PWB spoke about writing female characters that aren't there to just 'die.' She's spoken so much about the film, so I'll have t hunt for the interview.

source.gif

As far as I understand, PWB spoke about writing female characters that aren't there to just 'die.' She's spoken so much about the film, so I'll have t hunt for the interview.

source.gif

Did she explicitely said that no female characters will die?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I'd take this with a BIG grain of salt but there's a leaked overview of NTTD's plot from 4chan. I know we see quite a few of these with every new Bond film, but this is the first one for NTTD that seems to fit with what we do know.
    Safin (Rami Malek) is a former member of SPECTRE. Believing that his extremist methods were dangerous, Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Christoph Waltz) ordered his assassination, but Safin survived, albeit heavily scarred, and disappeared. Over the following 20 years, he built an international criminal empire, relying on groundbreaking gene therapy to prolong his life. He crosses paths with James Bond (Daniel Craig) when he begins assassination SPECTRE's leaders following Blofeld's arrest by the MI6 in order to seize control of the organization.

Safin's plan is to use an algae-based bioweapon to wipe out humanity and repopulate the planet with genetically engineered cloned humans of his design. The Adam & Eve of Safin's Eden will be child clones of himself and Bond's lover Madeline Swann (Lea Seydoux), with whom he has been obsessed since meeting her as a young girl.

In Italy, James Bond (Daniel Craig) and Madeline Swann (Lea Seydoux) are attacked by SPECTRE while visiting the tomb of Vesper Lynd. Bond believes Madeline has betrayed him and they separate. One year later, Bond is living in Jamaica. Felix Leiter (Jeffrey Wright) recruits him to rescue Dr. Valdo Obruchev (David Dencik) from SPECTRE in Cuba. Bond later meets MI6 agent Nomi (Lashana Lynch), who has also been assigned to find Obruchev.

In Cuba, Bond meets Leiter’s protégés Paloma (Ana de Armas) and Ashe (Billy Magnussen). Bond and Paloma infiltrate a SPECTRE outpost and learn that a rival organization is killing SPECTRE’s leaders and stealing their resources. They rescue Obruchev and meet with Leiter in a boat, but are betrayed by Ashe, who is working for the new organization. Ashe kills Leiter and Paloma and kidnaps Obruchev. Bond survives and Nomi rescues Obruchev.

In London, Bond rejoins the MI6 to avenge Leiter and Paloma, and learns they have recruited Madeline as a consultant. Bond interrogates Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Christoph Waltz), who reveals that Safin (Rami Malek), a rogue SPECTRE operative with a secret connection to Madeline, leads the new organization. Nomi learns Safin stole Obruchev’s research on a new algae-based bioweapon.

Madeline reveals that, when she was a child, Safin came to kill her mother. Young Madeline fell into a frozen lake trying to escape, but was rescued by Safin, who abducted her and has been coercing her into helping him in exchange for sparing her mother’s life. Bond and Madeline locate Madeline’s mother in Norway, and she provides a clue to Safin’s whereabouts before Ashe and his men arrive, kill her and abduct Madeline.

Nomi volunteers to help Bond rescue Madeline. Blofeld helps them decipher Madeline’s mother’s clue and locate Safin’s lair in an abandoned diamond mine in Russia, where Madeline learns that Safin is planning to use Obruchev’s weapon to wipe out humanity and repopulate the planet with genetically engineered cloned humans. He has already made a girl based on Madeline’s DNA to be the Eve, and is making a boy based on own DNA to be the Adam of his New Eden.

Bond and Nomi infiltrate Safin’s lair. Bond is captured and brought before Safin, but manages to escape, disable the bioweapon and kill Safin, avenging Leiter and Paloma. Meanwhile, Nomi kills Ashe and rescues Madeline and Eve. The four escape before the facility explodes and reunites at a nearby beach, where Bond and Madeline reconcile and decide to raise Eve together, while Nomi returns to the MI6. Bond assures her that he’s never too far gone if they need his help again.

Not sure how to feel about this if true. Everything sounds good up until the “Adam & Eve” plot, and the whole Bond and Madeleine deciding to raise a cloned little girl together. The character of Bond really shouldn’t possess any paternal qualities IMO. Just seems odd to me.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 4,400
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I'd take this with a BIG grain of salt but there's a leaked overview of NTTD's plot from 4chan. I know we see quite a few of these with every new Bond film, but this is the first one for NTTD that seems to fit with what we do know.

Not sure how to feel about this if true. Everything sounds good up until the “Adam & Eve” plot, and the whole Bond and Madeleine deciding to raise a cloned little girl together. The character of Bond really shouldn’t possess any paternal qualities IMO. Just seems odd to me.

I actually quite like the 'Adam and Eve' plot, just not the cloned child story I hate. However, whilst it is likely that the writer has simply made it up. It's worth nothing that there may be a quantum of credibility to the story.

They are suggesting the 'Eve' character is based on these photos where I believe a child was spotted in costume on set. Though for the life of me I can't find them on the internet now.......

PRI_86945443.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=540%2C810&ssl=1
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    SP wasn't a Box-Office failure, it was a Critical failure....although, am sure EON were thinking it's Box-Office would equal or surpass SF's. Maybe if SP was released after QoS(although, QoS' narrative would have had to change) SP might have made a Billion....considering how long Bond was absent after QoS, although I don't know if it would have been critically successful. It was just unfortunate that SP had to follow SF, Coz fans were looking forward to SP topping SF in all Areas. SP was of course financially successful....or else we won't be expecting NTTD. It just failed to capture that eventful 2012 behemoth feel that SF was able to attain.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/oct/21/spectre-review-james-bond-is-back-stylish-camp-and-sexily-pro-snowden
    edited March 2020 Posts: 7,969
    I like that plot but it is a bit fan fiction at the end. But Craig returning at all was a mistake, its going to be very difficult to write an ending which feels natural and "where things were heading" since technically the story was already completed when Bond and Madeline rode off together at the end of SP.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    edited March 2020 Posts: 1,755

I actually quite like the 'Adam and Eve' plot, just not the cloned child story I hate. However, whilst it is likely that the writer has simply made it up. It's worth nothing that there may be a quantum of credibility to the story.

They are suggesting the 'Eve' character is based on these photos where I believe a child was spotted in costume on set. Though for the life of me I can't find them on the internet now.......

I just noticed the girl standing next to Lashana Lynch is holding Craig’s navy ribbed army sweater from N. Peal.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Anybody that has Empire's extra magazine:

Bond: The Ultimate Celebration

(came with the febr issue)
    Contraband wrote: »
    Anybody that has Empire's extra magazine:

Bond: The Ultimate Celebration

(came with the febr issue)

Guess is that :

https://dropupload.com/Wtk/2020-04-01_Empire.pdf?pt=hc8gfIHLn16j43LzIxmC/SGmMpHwwY175/h7zPH13M0=

Did you refer to the little girl with the striped salopette behind Lashana?0_PAY-EXCLUSIVE-La-Seydoux-appears-upset-between-takes-filming-scenes-for-James-Bond-No-Time-To-Die-i.jpg
    0_PAY-EXCLUSIVE-La-Seydoux-appears-upset-between-takes-filming-scenes-for-James-Bond-No-Time-To-Die-i.jpg
    I like that plot but it is a bit fan fiction at the end. But Craig returning at all was a mistake, its going to be very difficult to write an ending which feels natural and "where things were heading" since technically the story was already completed when Bond and Madeline rode off together at the end of SP.

Sigh.
    What I do like about that synopsis is that there seems to be a good balance of personal stakes and Bond going on a mission and snooping around.

Although It does make me wonder where Q and Moneypenny and Tanner will fit in?
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home

Do you ever have anything positive to say? Ever? Or do you have to be sour in every single post you make?

Did you refer to the little girl with the striped salopette behind Lashana?0_PAY-EXCLUSIVE-La-Seydoux-appears-upset-between-takes-filming-scenes-for-James-Bond-No-Time-To-Die-i.jpg
    0_PAY-EXCLUSIVE-La-Seydoux-appears-upset-between-takes-filming-scenes-for-James-Bond-No-Time-To-Die-i.jpg

Yep.

That's the kid....looks to me like the child is in costume. Otherwise, someone just bought their kid to the set.

I doubt that would be the case.......there is always the chance that Safin is testing is 'virus' on children. This child could be someone who human tests are taking place on and Nomi saves her in time.

This could very well be the 'cloned' Madeleine......