No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Shardlake wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    The 7th Bond like Craig will have an electrifying few minutes as an intro....and like Brosnan, we might find ourselves forgetting Craig.

Agreed. The next guy will be adored by a new generation of fans. Craig can sit with the others, and Connery and Moore will be considered the greats at the top.

I think as much as you may not agree, Craig is one of the top three now.

He's got such a hard on for Turner he just makes things up, Connery then Craig, I'm afraid whether his haters like it or not.

Maybe in certain factions of the fan base Roger might be 2nd but the general public and on a whole Craig is now 2nd.

Yes from my younger friends I think a good proportion of anyone around the age of 30 or younger see Craig as the best and some don't even really connect with the older version of Bond. I think we fans underestimate quite how much that reboot changed things and really did add another lease of life for Bond.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Craig's obviously a Top Bond, it's a no-brainer... and all six Bonds have their individual qualities. I know we fans have our favourite Bond from the six we've seen so far. But one has to wonder which one Fleming himself would have really liked....from the six we've had so far.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 4,400

This girl on the YouTube (who is rather annoying in how emphatically she talks about things she clearly knows little about) is claiming that Disney is positioning their big Spring/Summer tentpoles of 'Mulan' and 'Black Widow' to move towards streaming.

It could be true, though its very hard to imagine that top-flight Disney executives privy to such conversations would leak to an Internet blogger over more legitimate sources.

Though, it does make me wonder if Eon have had a conversation about NTTD moving to digital download or Netflix......but if they choose either over theatres they move they will take a write-off.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 6,665
    This girl on the YouTube, who is rather annoying in how emphatically she talks about things she clearly knows little about...

That is the best depiction of Grace that I've ever read. Can't stand her.

Marcello Mastroianni after seeing that photo of Craig:

giphy.gif

tumblr_mi0mwdZdpf1qgdcwao3_500.gifv
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    @Mendes4Lyfe Look at grandpa Daniel.

Hope I look like that when I'm a grandfather.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Univex wrote: »
    This girl on the YouTube, who is rather annoying in how emphatically she talks about things she clearly knows little about...

That is the best depiction of Grace that I've ever read. Can't stand her.

She is the worst.
    Why is she so…loud?
    Why is she so…loud?

Compensation for not having a single worthwhile thing to say.
    Why is she so…loud?

While you are right about the not having anything to say part. But her loudness is typical of Americans, I think. It's not just a Grace attribute.

This girl on the YouTube (who is rather annoying in how emphatically she talks about things she clearly knows little about) is claiming that Disney is positioning their big Spring/Summer tentpoles of 'Mulan' and 'Black Widow' to move towards streaming.

It could be true, though its very hard to imagine that top-flight Disney executives privy to such conversations would leak to an Internet blogger over more legitimate sources.

Though, it does make me wonder if Eon have had a conversation about NTTD moving to digital download or Netflix......but if they choose either over theatres they move they will take a write-off.
    Please don’t post this nonsense here. In my experience of this woman she just posts click bait. Similar to Midnight’s Edge. Please stick to posting news from
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Group-18.png?resize=300%2C300&ssl=1

...credible sources.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,497
    Why is she so…loud?

While you are right about the not having anything to say part. But her loudness is typical of Americans, I think. It's not just a Grace attribute.

Never heard of this Grace person and I won't watch that video.

Regardless of what you think of Grace, the fact that the theaters in China once again shut down must give one pause to consider that things may still be in bad shape by November. Move the date or stream, that will be a question for EON.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,497

Mulan & Black Widow will NOT be moved towards streaming. This is getting very tiresome.

https://variety.com/2020/film/box-office/black-widow-release-coronavirus-1203532996/
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    New magazine cover of Craig - taken during Hammersmith filming of NTTD
    http://danielcraigfan.com/photos/displayimage.php?album=781&pid=43368#top_display_media
    LOfficielHommesUS_Apr2020_001_DCF.jpg

Top marks 007 :-bd
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Since when did this thread get so catty?
    Since when did this thread get so catty?

Since the darker days of streaming & reshoots. New series coming: Narcostreaming: Reshoots in Italy.
  • Regardless of what you think of Grace, the fact that the theaters in China once again shut down must give one pause to consider that things may still be in bad shape by November. Move the date or stream, that will be a question for EON.

Considering how bad things are right now, why even wait until it's nearly November to make that decision? Why not consider putting it on streaming beforehand (maybe still during April - please)?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    QBranch wrote: »
    Group-18.png?resize=300%2C300&ssl=1

...credible sources.

With an icredible taste.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2020 Posts: 5,834
    NTTD won't go to streaming. Disney can afford the risk, EON and MGM can't.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 3,164
    Regardless of what you think of Grace, the fact that the theaters in China once again shut down must give one pause to consider that things may still be in bad shape by November. Move the date or stream, that will be a question for EON.

Considering how bad things are right now, why even wait until it's nearly November to make that decision? Why not consider putting it on streaming beforehand (maybe still during April - please)?

Probably because they've already factored everything in, allocated the marketing spend etc for a November release. Not much point, given the uncertainty, to make that decision so soon - and good for them, having made that move first. Maybe they re evaluate the situation before embarking on actually spending the marketing $$$ and restarting the campaign, which would probably happen in the summer.

Now the big question is, what happens come November. If cinemas don't reopen, I would genuinely think a premium VOD release is seriously on the table. But I think in either case something key to bear in mind is that the likelihood of any film hitting a billion or close to that at the box office when this situation has come and gone is fairly low, things might not get back to normal in that regard until 2021 even.

@Denbigh who said anything about streaming - that's the annoying thing, everyone is immediately assuming if it happens, it would be with an SVOD service... Question is - how long can MGM afford to delay this film's release given they don't have much else? That's equally as much of a risk, I'd argue, as a straight to home drop.
  • antovolk wrote: »

Probably because they've already factored everything in, allocated the marketing spend etc for a November release. Not much point, given the uncertainty, to make that decision so soon - and good for them, having made that move first. Maybe they re evaluate the situation before embarking on actually spending the marketing $$$ and restarting the campaign, which would probably happen in the summer.

Now the big question is, what happens come November. If cinemas don't reopen, I would genuinely think a premium VOD release is seriously on the table. But I think in either case something key to bear in mind is that the likelihood of any film hitting a billion or close to that at the box office when this situation has come and gone is fairly low, things might not get back to normal in that regard until 2021 even.

@Denbigh who said anything about streaming - that's the annoying thing, everyone is immediately assuming if it happens, it would be with an SVOD service... Question is - how long can MGM afford to delay this film's release given they don't have much else? That's equally as much of a risk, I'd argue, as a straight to home drop.

If the cinemas are still closed by November they can always just bump it back another few months, Fast and Furious 9 got pushed back by an entire year after all.

No matter how one spins it when it comes to a $150-300 million+ blockbuster, there's simply no way to fully recoup all the production and marketing costs via streaming or VOD. It's a very desperate last measure.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2020 Posts: 14,861
    antovolk wrote: »

If the cinemas are still closed by November they can always just bump it back another few months, Fast and Furious 9 got pushed back by an entire year after all.

No matter how one spins it when it comes to a $150-300 million+ blockbuster, there's simply no way to fully recoup all the production and marketing costs via streaming or VOD. It's a very desperate last measure.

Yeah plus they'll be making another marketing spend on top of the one they started earlier in the year; the film is already down on profit before it's opened as it is.

Oooh, post no. 2,000 :)
    mtm wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »

Yeah plus they'll be making another marketing spend on top of the one they started earlier in the year; the film is already down on profit before it's opened as it is.

That's my thinking. There may be a streaming campaign that starts after the theatrical run, or something, but I just can't imagine a model where you make the kinds of profits through streaming that EON needs to make.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Why is she so…loud?

Unnecessary.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    NTTD won't go to streaming. Disney can afford the risk, EON and MGM can't.

Disney postponed everything. They too want the money from theatrical releases.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    echo wrote: »
    Why is she so…loud?

Unnecessary.

Like most things he comes out with.
    echo wrote: »
    Why is she so…loud?

Unnecessary.

Like most things he comes out with.

You beat me to it.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 11,425
    Does anyone on here have any idea what the financial impact on EON and MGM might be if NTTD's release gets pushed back beyond November? I mean there's the remote possibility the world has returned to relative normality by November but globally I can't see this not impacting on the BO negatively even if it does come out at the end of the year.

Restrictions and fear are going to persist for a long time.

I can easily see them putting back the release even further.

I just don't see cinema attendances returning to normal by November if you think about the number of older fans who go to see Bond. Those people will be staying away en masse until there's a vaccine, which will be 12 to 18 months away.