What Ever Happened To...Sheikh Hosein from TSWLM? (page 41)

Comments

• thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Wonderful stuff @Max_The_Parrot Feel free to chime in on any previous what ever happened to candidates! :)

Okay since we are all stuck inside and have some time to fill. Why not get creative and think about what ever happened to some of the friends, enemies and girls who lived another day from their Bond adventure. Yes our secret agent hasn't killed all he's met.

Visit our front page if you wish to tackle any of the characters we have already had some fun with. Or tackle this one...

He was father-in-law to Bond. He watched his daughter marry and then dealt with the tragic news of her death. He's such a wonderful character in the Bond universe and in the movie much beloved. Head of the Union Corse who rivalled S.P.E.C.T.R.E in scope and size. Yes his name was Marc-Ange Draco!

I know Raymond Benson brought him back for a novel of his. But lets forget that and answer the question...whatever happened to Marc-Ange Draco? Did he seek out Blofeld for revenge? Did he continue his efforts with the Union-Corse? Did him and Bond remain close? Lots of questions with this one...what say you Mi6...whatever happened to Marc-Ange Draco?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Marc-Ange Draco buried himself in work, and kept expanding his business empire. One of his successes in the publishing industry was Marc-Ange Draco Magazine.
    image_898a2a85-e457-47d0-9923-9d4e3ba548ed_1024x1024.jpeg?v=1472546360
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    image_898a2a85-e457-47d0-9923-9d4e3ba548ed_1024x1024.jpeg?v=1472546360

Bravo sir! 😂

And thanks @thedove - funnily enough I do love Bambi and Thumper, they’re two of my favourite characters but I can’t for the life of me imagine where they might end up! I’m getting my thinking cap on tho. Keep up the great thread! 👍
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 2,887
    Whatever became of Draco is one of the great lingering questions in the books and films. Would Fleming have brought back the character if he'd lived longer? I'm inclined to say yes--at the very least Fleming would have referenced Draco in a future Bond novel. Bond having an ex father-in-law who happened to be one of the biggest crime bosses in Europe...surely that would have provided further material!

"Did Draco seek out Blofeld for revenge?" Bond took care of this in the books. As for the movies, perhaps Draco was in Maibaum's early treatments for DAF, when Lazenby was still Bond? All the more reason why someone needs to study that material!

"Did he continue his efforts with the Union-Corse?" I have the feeling that Tracy's death, arriving so soon after she was "cured" of depression, must have taken a lot out of Draco. Perhaps he began relaxing his hold on the Union. Perhaps he began losing power and was pushed out during a power struggle. A civil war within the Union Corse could have been the subject of a future Bond story.

"Did he and Bond remain close?" We were deprived of a scene of the two grieving together at her funeral. Perhaps Draco would have held Bond somehow responsible for her death, or regretted encouraging her to marry a man with such a dangerous profession. But he just as easily could have had the opposite reaction. As Tracy poignantly said, "Whatever happens Papa, there will be no regrets."
    Wow great post @Revelator I thought I was the only one who wondered about him. It would be cool if Maibaum had him in the drafts of DAF. I think you are correct that Fleming would have re-visited this character.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Whatever Fleming would have done with the character of Draco we do know that he went on to be dealt with in the continuation Bond novels. Draco was mentioned as having died in John Gardner's Nobody Lives Forever (1986) and that he later (controversially for some) appeared as a character again in Raymond Benson's Never Dream of Dying (2001).
    Thanks for that bit of info @Dragonpol I had forgotten the mention of the character within the Gardner novel. I would have loved to have seen Draco return in a revenge picture with Bond in DAF. I enjoyed the character that much! Would have been lovely for him to have been part of that adventure. Mind you in the novels the next book Bond was in a funk because of the killing. Maybe the films would have been wise to follow suit.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 1,009
    Well, talk about a timely post now that I'm watching OHMSS! My personal headcanon is that Draco settled with Olympe after Tracy's death and left both his criminal career by appointing a successor and the public eye to mourn her. He didn’t hold anything against Bond but preferred to cut his ties with him when he re-joined MI6. As for his henchmen, some followed him to be his bodyguards and some other remained in the Union Corse, searching for Blofeld and Irma Blunt.
    Draco's last action before retiring was ordering Blofeld and Blunt's execution. Several weeks after the death of Tracy, Irma Blunt was killed by the Union Corse after Blofeld fled to France to cure himself and then have plastic surgery. The fear and paranoia Blunt's assassination caused in Blofeld gave him the idea to create a group of doubles... And to dress as a lady and cruise around seedy bars and nightclubs.
    Going back to Bambi and Thumper, I imagine they went their separate ways after the failure of the SPECTRE gig. Bambi, the more gentler of the two, decided to turn legit and set up her own firm of bodyguards for the Las Vegas clubs and hotels, called Bambi’s Bouncers. Thumper loved a life of crime too much, and ran her own underground assassin for hire business, Thumper’s Thumpers. They still send each other a Xmas card, however.
    Going back to Bambi and Thumper, I imagine they went their separate ways after the failure of the SPECTRE gig. Bambi, the more gentler of the two, decided to turn legit and set up her own firm of bodyguards for the Las Vegas clubs and hotels, called Bambi’s Bouncers. Thumper loved a life of crime too much, and ran her own underground assassin for hire business, Thumper’s Thumpers. They still send each other a Xmas card, however.

All this thread is funny as heck XD
    A one-off, as our colleague Max the Parrot made me remember that I happen to know what REALLY (like, as true as a Munchausen can tell) became of Max.

Fed up with her inheritance going away on pistachios, Melina Havelock had the idea to donate Max to MI6. M (by then already Admiral Hargreaves) decided to make him the mascot of the Service and put him on the summer resort for retired operatives.
    All was well and Max lived a happy life, living in the kitchen and being pampered by the personnel until a crazy dude called Necros went and left the cook that took care of him burned to a crisp. The trauma of it developed into PTSD and now Max resides in the psychiatric ward of another important retirement house for government officials. He has to be checked constantly, as, when left alone, he starts singing: "WHEEEEEEEERE HAS EVERYBODY GOOOOOONE". So far, he has survived 94 assassination attempts by other interns, generally because of disrupting their power naps.
    Oh I love it @Max_The_Parrot I can just picture the business card of Bambi's Bouncers. I am seeing a female form on a high bar! :) @bigladiesman welcome and thanks for your two contributions! Yes I do find this thread veers between the absurd and the obvious but it's great fun. I had a right good laugh with Max the parrot and whatever became of him.

Any more contributions before we move on to another character?
    Like @bigladiesman, I imagine Draco settled with Olympe after the events of OHMSS, to continue with their "struggles" – and very good games of chess.
    Well, while we're at it, what happened to Olympe ? That is, if she didn't end up with Drco. Well, I'd like to imagine she became the mute, but efficient assistant to a doctor with Biblical tastes.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Revelator wrote: »
    Whatever became of Draco is one of the great lingering questions in the books and films. Would Fleming have brought back the character if he'd lived longer? I'm inclined to say yes--at the very least Fleming would have referenced Draco in a future Bond novel. Bond having an ex father-in-law who happened to be one of the biggest crime bosses in Europe...surely that would have provided further material!

"Did Draco seek out Blofeld for revenge?" Bond took care of this in the books. As for the movies, perhaps Draco was in Maibaum's early treatments for DAF, when Lazenby was still Bond? All the more reason why someone needs to study that material!

"Did he continue his efforts with the Union-Corse?" I have the feeling that Tracy's death, arriving so soon after she was "cured" of depression, must have taken a lot out of Draco. Perhaps he began relaxing his hold on the Union. Perhaps he began losing power and was pushed out during a power struggle. A civil war within the Union Corse could have been the subject of a future Bond story.

"Did he and Bond remain close?" We were deprived of a scene of the two grieving together at her funeral. Perhaps Draco would have held Bond somehow responsible for her death, or regretted encouraging her to marry a man with such a dangerous profession. But he just as easily could have had the opposite reaction. As Tracy poignantly said, "Whatever happens Papa, there will be no regrets."

To add my two cents onto this great post, I'd say I don't think Draco would've regretted Tracy's involvement with Bond. Doesn't seem in his character to do so. He may have doubled down on his relationship with Bond, and doubled down on his desire to see Blofeld destroyed. I agree, it would've been fantastic to see a revenge film featuring Lazenby's Bond and Draco, going against Savalas' Blofeld.
    Thanks for the post @NickTwentyTwo I have often wondered why there was a clamour to bring back Bunt but not Draco. I think it would have made some sense to see the effect of Tracy's death would have had. I am unsure if he'd go to a more retiring life or wanted revenge. He seems pretty cool through out the movie. But the bond (no pun intended) between him and Tracy was strong.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I heard Draco sold his construction firm to a shady project developer from New York City, who never paid the price for the shares in the company. Draco went broke, which caused Olympe to leave him, and spent his final days in a disused shipping container on a Greek island, begging tourists to give him a few drachmae for another bottle of ouzo. Moral of the story: Crime just doesn't pay ultimately.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Playing catchup here:

Ms. Taro: She went on to work at my old company, where she trained all of the other associates to look through keyholes and walk-in to business meetings…uninvited.

Bambi and Thumper? Well I actually do know what happened to them! Pole Dancing? @RichardTheBruce: You’re close…. 😊

Marc-Ange Draco: It is interesting to speculate on what a true sequel to OHMSS would have looked like and I wonder if the producers ever approached Gabriele Ferzetti about reprising his role. Of course, the decision to have Tracy’s murder happen at the end of OHMSS – and not be part of the PTS to DAF, and the desire of EON to move away from Lazenby “era” probably rendered the issue moot. In any case, I prefer to think that Marc-Ange Draco stayed in touch with MI from time to time to let them know if any other criminal masterminds were out there. As for Olympe……it would be interesting to attend night school perhaps 😊.
    So now we know that Ms Taro put her considerable talents to work. I wonder if she disclosed her checkered past. :) That's cool to think @Dwayne I was thinking the same thing. I think Night School would be very hands on! LOL
    @bigladiesman I’m honoured to have my own entry in this most interesting thread thanks to you, and very entertaining it was too! I always knew I’d end up in the asylum! Thank you kind sir! 👍☺️
    @bigladiesman I’m honoured to have my own entry in this most interesting thread thanks to you, and very entertaining it was too! I always knew I’d end up in the asylum! Thank you kind sir! 👍☺️

Glad you loved it :)>-
    Great stuff about Marc-Ange Draco. Time to jump ahead to 1974. Our next character was left swinging from a cage while on a Chinese junk. Small in stature big in chewing the scenery! Yes I am talking about one of Bond's smallest foes. Nick Nack! Whether he was dutifully serving Tobasco to his employer. Dressing up as a statue. Our little man with the big black heart was quick to pounce. It's time we tackled the little guy!

Did he become a man servant to another villain set on world domination? Did he straighten up and fly right? Mi6 I ask you...whatever happened to Nick Nack?
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    After a several years of doing work on a Fantasy Island of “Rich Corinthian Leather”, Nick Nack grew tired of constantly being asked to say “Ze Plane, Ze Plane.” Despondent and in need to some quick cash, he later joined forces with Jaws and they lent their services as stuntmen in the “Twins” (1988) movie.
    For a time, Nick Nack was the body double of former Spanish Prime Minister Felipe González, but seeing that he only spoke French and fed up with him stealing his boss's cigars and extremely expensive booze, he was quietly sacked. He went back to France and spent the settlement money on trying to produce an Astérix movie with he as the title character. It didn't come to fruition, but he made back enough cash to buy Hai Fat's property (which by then was chip as dirt) and open it to the public. He delights on randomly scaring visitors by posing as an imp statue and suddenly attacking them
    Oh @bigladiesman :):):):):):) that was awesome! @Dwayne I only wish we had seen Richard and Herve in a movie together!
    In his books Die James Bond Filme, german author Michael Scheingraber srmises that Nick Nack starved to death in that cage. Rather gruesome, if you ask me.
    Gerard wrote: »
    In his books Die James Bond Filme, german author Michael Scheingraber srmises that Nick Nack starved to death in that cage. Rather gruesome, if you ask me.

But plausible. And fitting. Nick Nack was a nasty piece of work.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    He hid away in the forest, where he became the 8th member of a community of mine workers, and given the alias Horny by their maid.
    disney-princess-screencaps-princess-snow-white-disney-princess-32440938-4353-3240-e1456300339490.jpg
    "You'll be the death of me yet Nick Nack." I guess he was a nasty character. I found him a bit likable but that may be more for the actor playing him then the character as written. When he's ready to pounce in the junk and has the knife in his mouth. Brilliant stuff!

I always imagined him catching on as a man servant to a rich tycoon. He comes off as innocent and earns the trust of his rich boss. Then he slowly kills him and inherits the wealth. He hires many women to keep him happy and doesn't bother seeking revenge from Bond!