No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• manovermanover uk
    Why are people spreading fake news regards to reshoots...sometimes keeping things in your imagination is the best course of action.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 1,261
    manover wrote: »
    Why are people spreading fake news regards to reshoots...sometimes keeping things in your imagination is the best course of action.

Yes, it's rather odd. The movie as such is possibly finished. It was meant to open four weeks from the day the delay was made public onwards.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    You MUST check this magazine:

EpnYgXL.jpg

KETalid.jpg

jEHgqbZ.jpg

Due to the situation in Spain, Vogue España gives away the number for free. Yes, more photos inside: https://cdn.vogue.es/micros/vogue-abril-2020/vogue-385.pdf
    Did she get her boobies done? They were not that big in BR49.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited March 2020 Posts: 8,009
    I think it's just a well chosen dress.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Did she get her boobies done? They were not that big in BR49.

ugh
    Ana, the best Bond girl in quite a while. Love that dress.
  • Hopefully EON can use the time to get their house in order for B26 to avoid the fiasco over Boylegate. Also need to do find Craig's replacement.
    Is there a risk that EON could find themselves in financial trouble? The Rhythm Section just tanked and there have to be serious questions around how successful NTTD will be. I hope it's a success but my understanding is that EON postponed it partly due to the content of the film and not just due to the immediate disruption caused by Covid19. If this pandemic kills millions (as it could do) then that content could be even more of a liability by November than it is now.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 1,314
    No I don’t think so. Cancellation should be covered by insurance and millions died in the Second World War but that was a popular genre for decades.

I seem to remember that the weeks after 9/11 rentals of Independence Day went up hugely
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Getafix wrote: »
    Is there a risk that EON could find themselves in financial trouble? The Rhythm Section just tanked and there have to be serious questions around how successful NTTD will be. I hope it's a success but my understanding is that EON postponed it partly due to the content of the film and not just due to the immediate disruption caused by Covid19. If this pandemic kills millions (as it could do) then that content could be even more of a liability by November than it is now.

Yeah, Good points...but I think Bond's appeal would make fans ignore the contents....as Bond is universally seen as an Immortal Hero. Coz even Casual Bond fans & Non-Bond fans go to watch Bond to see his latest action scenes, before even caring about the plot...coz they don't see any wrong even in the worst Bond films. Only we avid Bond fans look deep into the films. I remember when that Cinema Shooting occurred during the release of The Dark Knight Rises...the movie still made a Billion...coz Batman was really hot then. I think if NTTD were to be another movie without a name as huge as BOND, then we can think about it being in trouble....I even think another reason EON postponed the date, was coz they didn't want to offend the public more. If Cinemas were opened amidst this Virus & people are allowed to go at their own risk, am certain most fans would just wear Face masks & go see the movie.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    She's absolutely gorgeous!

I suggest a few things: A good dress (the other picture is less 'flattering').
    Makeup (Yep. They can and do/will contour your breast line these days).
    Photoshop (Minor enhancements for the shadows)

I'm not sure it matters either way though?

tl;dr I don't think she's had work done that way.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    delfloria wrote: »

The best? I don't know yet. Very beautiful? absolutely.
    GadgetMan wrote: »

Yeah, Good points...but I think Bond's appeal would make fans ignore the contents....as Bond is universally seen as an Immortal Hero. Coz even Casual Bond fans & Non-Bond fans go to watch Bond to see his latest action scenes, before even caring about the plot...coz they don't see any wrong even in the worst Bond films. Only we avid Bond fans look deep into the films. I remember when that Cinema Shooting occurred during the release of The Dark Knight Rises...the movie still made a Billion...coz Batman was really hot then. I think if NTTD were to be another movie without a name as huge as BOND, then we can think about it being in trouble....I even think another reason EON postponed the date, was coz they didn't want to offend the public more. If Cinemas were opened amidst this Virus & people are allowed to go at their own risk, am certain most fans would just wear Face masks & go see the movie.

Eon pays for certain development costs, like screenplay and story development but MGM/Uni are on the hook for the actual production costs.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Burgess wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »

Eon pays for certain development costs, like screenplay and story development but MGM/Uni are on the hook for the actual production costs.

Yeah, you could say that. Even if they are all in it together.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 1,261
    Burgess wrote: »

Well, the fact in this is, that the company is in Germany, actually a few kilometres from where I live. And the Trump Government wants the scientists and company to make the new vaccination available only and exclusively for the United States. That's rather poor and low, even for Trump.
    Maybe the mods can move this posting to the Corona thread? Cheers.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,018
    Could you all please stop talking about the damn corona!!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    ggl007 wrote: »
    You MUST check this magazine:

EpnYgXL.jpg

KETalid.jpg

jEHgqbZ.jpg

Due to the situation in Spain, Vogue España gives away the number for free. Yes, more photos inside: https://cdn.vogue.es/micros/vogue-abril-2020/vogue-385.pdf

I love Ana, just wish she weren't dating Ben Affleck.
    JamesCraig wrote: »

True, we don't know yet. All I can say is that from what I've seen so far, her performance in "Knives Out, there is a really good possibility that she is going to be very memorable. Also on a personal level I find her more attractive and accessible than Lea.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    JamesCraig wrote: »

True, we don't know yet. All I can say is that from what I've seen so far, her performance in "Knives Out, there is a really good possibility that she is going to be very memorable. Also on a personal level I find her more attractive and accessible than Lea.

It does look like she's barely in it though; I don't think she's likely to be the best in a while as her role doesn't look enormous.
    She does however get to tell Bond "you're late!" in the trailer, which is a line with added significance now! :D
  • StarkStark France
    Hello, I'm French so I have absolutely no knowledge of this newspaper, do you think that the information is reliable ?

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/1252797/James-Bond-delay-reshoots-No-Time-To-Die-test-screening-reactions-Daniel-Craig
    Stark wrote: »
    Hello, I'm French so I have absolutely no knowledge of this newspaper, do you think that the information is reliable ?

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/1252797/James-Bond-delay-reshoots-No-Time-To-Die-test-screening-reactions-Daniel-Craig

The Express is a tabloid newspaper, so take it with a large grain of salt. Then, test screenings in the past have led to reshoots. in FATAL ATTRACTION orginally Glenn Close's character commited suicide, but actually made sure, Michael Douglas' character got arrested for murder. The test audeinces hated that end, so we got the silly end, it is now. Test screenings of ROBIN HOOD: PRINCE OT THIEVES showed the test audience was much in favour of Alan Rickman's Sheriff of Nottoingham rather than Costner's Robin, so scenes with Rickman were cut. Even though he stole the scenes from Costner.
  • StarkStark France
    Yes the article surprised me a lot because NTTD looks promising and Baz Bamigboye (who is often well informed) said that he had heard very good things about the movie.
    Stark wrote: »
    Yes the article surprised me a lot because NTTD looks promising and Baz Bamigboye (who is often well informed) said that he had heard very good things about the movie.

The Express article just regurgitates the previously reported rumor. Even if the test screening part was true it would be impossible for them to reshoot anything these days. They would have know that before the decision was made to reschedule. It doesn’t make sense to use the excuse of a pandemic for rescheduling and reshooting a movie that can’t be reshot because of the aforementioned pandemic.

"Entities should not be multiplied without necessity."

The simple and right answer for the rescheduling of NTTD is the emergence of a worldwide pandemic that would have negatively affected MGM/EON’s $250m investment.

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Is this test screening stuff credible, or is it bogus?
    Probably bogus. But... the issue could be the plot. The film might be fine but the test screening audiences might be responding differently now in the light of the pandemic.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    manover wrote: »

Because there’s those like Midnight’s Edge that has a hard on for crying about the agenda of feminism, PC, SJW, etc because that’s what their audiences eats up, thus they want to complain about how it’s ruining movies. The moment PWB was hired they hopped on the “oh no they’re going to make Bond PC friendly” narrative. Their audience mainly consists of men that whine about such things, so of course they play it up.
  • 00Dalton700Dalton7 Portsmouth
    Guys the thing we have to remember is any time a big franchise film test screens the plot and beats of said film leak on the internet. That can’t be said for NTTD.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    edited March 2020 Posts: 7,999
    I’m sure there was a screen testing. There have been for past Bond films. TWINE’s pre-title sequence was completely restructured because test audiences didn’t think the opener was all that impressive.

The flaw in the rumor though is that it claims the test audiences gave it poor scores. If that was actually the case then MGM would have never put the tickets on sale. That’s not how it works.