No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    They’re still publishing interviews?
    mtm wrote: »

Some publications may not be able to hold back their coverage, even with the delay. One of the articles posted above adds a sort COVID-19 epilogue to its story. With the delay, NTTD will have a whole year of marketing and awareness. We’ll definitely see a $100+m Wednesday-Sunday opening in November.
    A lot of these interviews will have been conducted a while ago, then written up, edited, set, and sent to the printers before being mailed out. A lot of things can happen while you're "in press."
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

The one from Good Weekend went to print the day before the announcement.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Patiently waiting for a replica of the new Omega watch to come out since I can’t afford the real deal. Lol
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,497
    matt_u wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Bond won’t die. At least not in a “Logan way”. Fukunaga explicitly said that the movie ends with the JB will return card so IF it happens will be something quite vague. Maybe Swann believes he’s dead but he’s not like in the YOLT novel.
    Something like this?

(But was it all a dream?)

Yep that sounds absolutely plausible. BTW no that wasn’t a dream. People were still too influenced by Inception at that time. XD

Anyway I have chills every time I see that finale. Ah, Hans Zimmer...

Shows again how uneven TDKR is. This on the other hand is truly a magnificent scene.

And Zimmer's "Rise" is just... :(( (PS: I cried in the theater...)
    antovolk wrote: »

Thanks.

Interesting quotes from Lea:

She can’t reveal anything about the movie, which may or may not be Daniel Craig’s last go-round as 007. “But there’s a lot of emotion in this Bond,” she says. “It’s very moving. I bet you’re going to cry, if you like to cry. [When I watched it,] I cried, which is weird, because I play in it.”

Does this confirm...
    Bond dies at the end.

I have heard similar rumors and I hope they are true. I know many here are sick of Craig as Bond, and it has been a long run, but I have always thought he would do 6.
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »

Thanks.

Interesting quotes from Lea:

She can’t reveal anything about the movie, which may or may not be Daniel Craig’s last go-round as 007. “But there’s a lot of emotion in this Bond,” she says. “It’s very moving. I bet you’re going to cry, if you like to cry. [When I watched it,] I cried, which is weird, because I play in it.”

Does this confirm...
    Bond dies at the end.

I have heard similar rumors and I hope they are true. I know many here are sick of Craig as Bond, and it has been a long run, but I have always thought he would do 6.

Says...?
    Anyone spot the Atlantic Road in Norway at the start of the Black Widow trailer...

• HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    All French theaters are now being shut down.
    This is serious, guys...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2020 Posts: 14,861
    Anyone spot the Atlantic Road in Norway at the start of the Black Widow trailer...

Thanks: I hadn’t seen that. I find it very unappealing from that trailer: very po-faced and actually quite ugly and grim to look at. Has it gone down well?
  • peterpeter Toronto

Thanks: I hadn’t seen that. I find it very unappealing from that trailer: very po-faced and actually quite ugly and grim to look at. Has it gone down well?

that trailer looks like GI Joe.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    peter wrote: »

A very typical looking Marvel film.

The Atlantic Road does look nice, though.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Yeah it does a bit, you’re right. Although I remember that having a bit more colour and fun silliness to it. I hope there’s something a bit lighter coming out at some point: feels like we might need it.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    All French theaters are now being shut down.
    This is serious, guys...

It was serious since at least three weeks when the crisis started in Northern Italy. Don’t know what other European countries were thinking, doing or looking at that time... pretending the virus wasn’t already in their cities (European patient 0 is from Germany) while we live in such a connected world. They knew coronavirus is 5 times more contagious than a seasonal flu since months.

I'm just happy that she finally gets her own movie.

So much has changed since NTTD was delayed...(which honestly feels like it happened weeks ago now)...Eon were clearly delaying because of the Asian markets was DOA with an eye that Europe could follow suit.

Now Europe is close to going dark, it feels almost inevitable that the delay came about as a result of the virus.

Do we think that there was anything more at play here? If so, I do hope they use some of the next 7 months (if things improve) to do some reshoots. Which isn't as dirty a word as people think.
    Do we think that there was anything more at play here?

Such as?
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 154
    So much has changed since NTTD was delayed...(which honestly feels like it happened weeks ago now)...Eon were clearly delaying because of the Asian markets was DOA with an eye that Europe could follow suit.

Now Europe is close to going dark, it feels almost inevitable that the delay came about as a result of the virus.

Do we think that there was anything more at play here? If so, I do hope they use some of the next 7 months (if things improve) to do some reshoots. Which isn't as dirty a word as people think.

Why would they need to do any reshoots @Pierce2Daniel?

Apologies if that comes off a little combative - not my intention!
    Matt wrote: »

Why would they need to @Pierce2Daniel?

Apologies if that comes off a little combative - not my intention!

I think it was a very prudent business move and they wanted to be the first one to make the move and stake out a new date combined with concerns about the plot being received as in poor taste (only if the rumors are true about Safin's plot).

There's no evidence of anything else going on behind the scenes and Cary himself posted in insta that the film was finished.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2020 Posts: 14,861
    At the moment it’s looking like planning any reshoots is going to be an impossible task: for example Daniel Craig lives in New York- would he really want to travel to the U.K. and risk finding himself unable to return home, due to possible escalations in the US travel ban?
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    Why would they do reshoots?
    edited March 2020 Posts: 8,009
    Travel and healthcare restrictions will make any form of shooting nigh on impossible for the next while. A lot of houses have closed their doors. Even Netflix have ceased production on their content. I'm not sure why anyone would willingly go to the UK at the moment. Production shutdowns could only last a couple of weeks, or it could last a couple of months. The trajectory of the pandemic indicates it'll be a while before things operate normally again.

That being said; that's only taking into consideration the possibility that they would want to do reshoots in the first place, and I think it's been covered in the last few pages why they likely don't.

Or at least we hope!

I'm not sure what else could be considered as a factor for the delay. It was just savvy business on EON's part.

Such as?

He should write a book with all his 007 conspiracy theories. It'll be on the bestseller list for 7 months.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited March 2020 Posts: 4,343
    Stop with this reshoot nonsense. EoN delayed the film only because of the coronavirus starting to spread in Europe (without mentioning the established situation in Asia). I even predicted a delay two weeks before the announcement. It was obvious since the beginning of the Italian fallout come on.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I think we're kind of lucky(Movie-Wise)that the film is done shooting....and it even shot in Italy as well. Even Robert Pattinson's The Batman have paused production for 2weeks. If at all anything needs something to be added to it, it's the song...coz it has already been released & maybe if Zimmer wants to add something to the score....Then again all these might still not happen as the film appears to be done. NTTD is indeed lucky to have wrapped filming, imagine if EON were on the verge of shooting....especially the Matera scenes & the virus started then. The least EON can do is to hope the Virus ends soon & use this time to get Bond 26's script worked on & secretly set their sights on the New Bond....if this is indeed Craig's last Bond.
    JamesCraig wrote: »

Such as?

He should write a book with all his 007 conspiracy theories. It'll be on the bestseller list for 7 months.

Ha! I think he was genuinely just curious this time, and didn't bother reading the last few pages.

Just as an aside; I still haven't looked at that Midnight's Edge video but I've seen it referenced in other videos. Hopefully that rumour dies a very quick death.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.

Don't think so. Apart from the unfounded rumour, that Safin threatens the world with a new deadly virus, and they may have felt this to be inappropriate in this situation. But there's no proof for that. So, it probably because of Corona. Germany will close its borders to France, Switzerland, and Austria from tomorrow onwards, all schools, Kindergartens are closed down, people are asked to do home office instead of going to work. Can't remember a situation like this.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    There is no way they are doing any reshoots any time soon, first and foremost because the amount of people it takes on a film set would probably be illegal in these times for the fear of disease spread.
    Nobody has ever said anything about reshoots.