No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    CraterGuns wrote: »
    Today, the two largest cinema chains in the US announced that until further notice, all theatrical screenings will be limited to 50% maximum occupancy.

Box-office is now effectively cut in half for any sold out showing.

With each day, Babs is looking more and more like a genius.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Today, the two largest cinema chains in the US announced that until further notice, all theatrical screenings will be limited to 50% maximum occupancy.

Indeed. These will be historically low times for box office returns and audience turnout. I was going to see The Invisible Man on Sunday but it's not worth it.

Why would it be any less worth it for you? If the film is still playing in theatres, nothing's changed for the filmgoer. Given that the topic is box office returns.

With the virus becoming more and more prevalent across the country, I don't need to risk going out amongst the public in a mall, of all places, to see a movie that'll be available digitally in 1.5-2 months.

Ah, that's why I was confused, thought we were talking about box office returns.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Indeed. These will be historically low times for box office returns and audience turnout. I was going to see The Invisible Man on Sunday but it's not worth it.

Why would it be any less worth it for you? If the film is still playing in theatres, nothing's changed for the filmgoer. Given that the topic is box office returns.

With the virus becoming more and more prevalent across the country, I don't need to risk going out amongst the public in a mall, of all places, to see a movie that'll be available digitally in 1.5-2 months.

Ah, that's why I was confused, thought we were talking about box office returns.

That's my bad, it was a poor segue on my part.
    Personally if I had tickets to a show that hadn't been postponed, I'd probably still go. Who knows how long that'll be an option for though.

I'm sure any minute now we can expect the posts from people acknowledging that they were too hasty to criticise EON's decision to postpone...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    octofinger wrote: »

I'm sure any minute now we can expect the posts from people acknowledging that they were too hasty to criticise EON's decision to postpone...

I definitely thought it was a bad decision upon announcement but it seems they were spot on in the decision. Good on them to initiate it (and get first picks on a new release date). The wait sucks but it was necessary.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Burgess wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/JamesBond/comments/fdgfq7/no_time_to_tie_postponded_mega_thread/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Someone on Reddit posted supposed spoilers. OP’s commentary about the script is vague. The plot revelations OP reveals is stuff that’s been floating around the fan community for months.

Is there any credibility to this?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Burgess wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/JamesBond/comments/fdgfq7/no_time_to_tie_postponded_mega_thread/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Someone on Reddit posted supposed spoilers. OP’s commentary about the script is vague. The plot revelations OP reveals is stuff that’s been floating around the fan community for months.

Is there any credibility to this?

Nope...
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    May I add: It's utter and total BS
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    3cnsVt6.jpg
    VZ3YKXj.jpg
    SRgTI1e.jpg
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Very nice, @Contraband.
    Contraband wrote: »
    May I add: It's utter and total BS

Yeah. Nothing to it at all.
  • I never believed the reshoots rumour either.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    The movie is done. Complete. They can release it tomorrow if they want to.. Lol. Only the virus is making us wait till November.
    imranbecks wrote: »
    The movie is done. Complete. They can release it tomorrow if they want to.. Lol. Only the virus is making us wait till November.

I do feel they’ll continue editing / post production into the delay. I imagine it’d be hard to just let it sit untouched for 8 months.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    It'll have an absolutely banging sound mix by the time November rolls around.
    That Q Glider. Can't wait to see the improvement(s). Maybe a cowcatcher on the front.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    That Q Glider. Can't wait to see the improvement(s). Maybe a cowcatcher on the front.

Haha!

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/ttte/images/0/03/Cowcatcher!.png/revision/latest?cb=20160220203429
    But seriously, I was thinking more seriously @QBranch.

BoringIllinformedConey-small.gif
    NTTD vs. Coronavirus.
    NTTD for the win.

Taking the long view. For what will endure and will no longer.

Well said. :)>-
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    I remember Mendes in his interviews for the Spectre release stated on several occasions he had just finished the film "on Saturday just gone". (He should have worked into the Sunday too!😂)
    So... NTTD would probably still have been tinkered on right now even for the April release.
    The old saying about a piece of art never been really finished may mean CF has a new idea or a tweak given the benefit of extra time. But that's it I would have thought, ready to go.
    Of course that doesn't make good copy so the media and general critics also have extra time to spin BS about it needing all sorts of fixes. Utter cobblers.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    cwl007 wrote: »
    I remember Mendes in his interviews for the Spectre release stated on several occasions he had just finished the film "on Saturday just gone". (He should have worked into the Sunday too!😂)
    So... NTTD would probably still have been tinkered on right now even for the April release.
    The old saying about a piece of art never been really finished may mean CF has a new idea or a tweak given the benefit of extra time. But that's it I would have thought, ready to go.
    Of course that doesn't make good copy so the media and general critics also have extra time to spin BS about it needing all sorts of fixes. Utter cobblers.

CF is, though, a freelancer. He won’t be sat around until November: he’ll have moved onto another job.
    antovolk wrote: »

Thanks.

Interesting quotes from Lea:

She can’t reveal anything about the movie, which may or may not be Daniel Craig’s last go-round as 007. “But there’s a lot of emotion in this Bond,” she says. “It’s very moving. I bet you’re going to cry, if you like to cry. [When I watched it,] I cried, which is weird, because I play in it.”

Does this confirm...
    Bond dies at the end.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    antovolk wrote: »

Thanks.

Interesting quotes from Lea:

She can’t reveal anything about the movie, which may or may not be Daniel Craig’s last go-round as 007. “But there’s a lot of emotion in this Bond,” she says. “It’s very moving. I bet you’re going to cry, if you like to cry. [When I watched it,] I cried, which is weird, because I play in it.”

Does this confirm...
    Bond dies at the end.

I think perhaps Q does and almost certainly Felix.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 4,343
    Bond won’t die. At least not in a “Logan way”. Fukunaga explicitly said that the movie ends with the JB will return card so IF it happens will be something quite vague. Maybe Swann believes he’s dead but he’s not like in the YOLT novel.
    matt_u wrote: »
    Bond won’t die. At least not in a “Logan way”. Fukunaga explicitly said that the movie ends with the JB will return card so IF it happens will be something quite vague. Maybe Swann believes he’s dead but he’s not like in the YOLT novel.
    Something like this?

(But was it all a dream?)
    edited March 2020 Posts: 4,343
    matt_u wrote: »
    Something like this?

(But was it all a dream?)

Yep that sounds absolutely plausible. BTW no that wasn’t a dream. People were still too influenced by Inception at that time. XD

Anyway I have chills every time I see that finale. Ah, Hans Zimmer...