No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Contraband wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Is there any PDF version of the NTTD Total Film article? I'd love to read it.

@matt_u Me to the rescue

https://docdro.id/iVQJnVJ

You’re my hero. Thanks!
    Bond films must get a theatrical release. Otherwise they might as well move to TV and start serialising the novels.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    The only thing that should be "serialised" is Jurassic Park. Like, 100% close to the novel.

[-(
    While not about the production, I found this article refreshing and interesting. Behind all of the debates, rankings, gripes, lists, theories and critiques are Bond fans who just love/admire the man and his world.

November can’t come soon enough.
    https://chicago.suntimes.com/opinion/2020/3/13/21177449/covid19-coronavirus-james-bond-no-time-to-die-daniel-craig
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    At the current rate of the pandemic, i doubt things would improve by November. And i highly doubt they'd delay the release again by then as that would just be ridiculous. They would probably just release it anyway and hope for the best at the box office.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited March 2020 Posts: 4,343
    April will be the worse in any case so for now November sounds like a safer lot. I highly doubt things will be worse by November but of course it’s impossible to make predictions. The only thing that is basically certain is that April will be the worse, worldwide.
    imranbecks wrote: »
    At the current rate of the pandemic, i doubt things would improve by November. And i highly doubt they'd delay the release again by then as that would just be ridiculous. They would probably just release it anyway and hope for the best at the box office.

The measures that businesses and governments are taking now and over the coming months will, hopefully, stunt the spread of COVID-19. There may be a new normal come November.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Burgess wrote: »
    imranbecks wrote: »

The measures that businesses and governments are taking now and over the coming months will, hopefully, stunt the spread of COVID-19. There may be a new normal come November.

Yes. The virus may or may not be gone by then, but businesses will have adapted to allow them to run with reasonable normality once the fear factor has died down.

Either that or we're all going to be dead, in which case I don't care whether I see a film or not.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/JamesBond/comments/fdgfq7/no_time_to_tie_postponded_mega_thread/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Someone on Reddit posted supposed spoilers. OP’s commentary about the script is vague. The plot revelations OP reveals is stuff that’s been floating around the fan community for months.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Contraband wrote: »
    Is there any PDF version of the NTTD Total Film article? I'd love to read it.

@matt_u Me to the rescue

https://docdro.id/iVQJnVJ

You’re my hero. Thanks!

LOL: They messed up their Table of Contents, which says "March 2019." Ooops.
  • WhyBondWhyBond USA
    I am willing to pay top dollar to have this movie released on a prestigious streaming service. This virus might be worse come November. I got a feeling the film is undone or Craig is not satisfied to the point of using the delay to reboot scenes.
    WhyBond wrote: »
    I am willing to pay top dollar to have this movie released on a prestigious streaming service. This virus might be worse come November. I got a feeling the film is undone or Craig is not satisfied to the point of using the delay to reboot scenes.

What evidence do you have? It’s not as though other movies aren’t moving release dates. If there were reshoots happening then we would have heard about them.

Another conspiracy theorist, that's what this forum needed. 8-|
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

There's absolutely no evidence of this whatsoever.

Horse. Shit.

cbDCIuA.gif
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I don't know about reshoots....seems highly unlikely though. What puzzles me still is the score's release date....it's still saying March 27th, which is highly unlikely too, but I guess after 27th, we'll find out. But I think this delay should simply be used for developing Bond 26, since NTTD is already done & awaiting release.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    What country is going to let them in to film reshoots? Ridiculous logic.
  • WhyBondWhyBond USA
    What's everyone ganging up on me for? I said I was willing to support the film. Even going far as paying 200 dollars to watch it on a streaming service for only one view. You are going to the point like I don't wanna support this film and are trying to lump me with the rest of the YouTube go woke go broke crowd.
    Y'all 007 fans are full of snobbery.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 7,518
    What's everyone ganging up on me for? I said I was willing to support the film. Even going far as paying 200 dollars to watch it on a streaming service for only one view. You are going to the point like I don't wanna support this film and are trying to lump me with the rest of the YouTube go woke go broke crowd.
    Y'all 007 fans are full of snobbery.

There are a lot of doomsayers around regarding NTTD, and we were just pointing out that your concept of the delay being because of “reshoots” or “Craig’s not happy with it” is baseless and goes against common sense, like many conspiracy theories.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, I’m just saying there’s not evidence. I may as well say the MGM offices were attacked by rabid giraffes, which caused the delay.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    No one's ganging up on you @WhyBond. However, there is nothing that supports your idea that "the film is undone" or "Craig is not satisfied to the point of using the delay to reshoot scenes".

Considering how many films have been delayed since the NTTD announcement, pushing it back was necessary. And considering what Fukunaga posted on his Instagram a little bit ago, the film's pretty much complete, barring some slight editing adjustments or what not. And considering the state of the world right now, it's incredibly unlikely that they'll be able to film very much for a while at least.

The virus may indeed be worse come November. None of us knows yet to say for sure. But I doubt by that point they'd reconsider delaying the film again.
  • WhyBondWhyBond USA
    I mean Damn it's just a question of what they are gonna do. With the way you Bond fans act it's starting to get as bad as the men children fanboys of the Star Wars franchise. I am not putting your beloved series in negative light by asking if there will be reshoots in Pinewood.

I see casual Bond fans aren't welcome here.
    Always gotta bitch about something. I really hope this is the final Bond movie because like the people who work on the 007 series the fanboys are the absolute worst.
  • WhyBondWhyBond USA
    There is uncertainty with this virus. Hell it might evolve into something else and be worse by Nov. We might even be dead by Nov.
    To me there is nothing wrong with putting the film on a streaming service and charging top dollar for it. I am willing to pay for it.
    Yea Bond movies are theatrical releases but this virus and the uncertainty can make for an exception.
    And an American Southern Black male in his mid 30s is not accepted as a fan of the Bond series because he is not part of that uppity British upper class despite having the books, memorabilia, films, those video games, etc all because he asked a simple question about the delay and reshooting.

I am outta here.
    Ah, so we're racists. Got it.

I'm a very Irish Irishman, by the way. So that doesn't fly.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @WhyBond, it seems most here are replying with logical, straightforward and mature responses to your arguments and ideas, so I'm not sure why you seem to be taking things so personally or why you would feel "not accepted" because of your race or location. That's just not the case.
    There is uncertainty with this virus. Hell it might evolve into something else and be worse by Nov. We might even be dead by Nov.
    To me there is nothing wrong with putting the film on a streaming service and charging top dollar for it. I am willing to pay for it.
    Yea Bond movies are theatrical releases but this virus and the uncertainty can make for an exception.
    And an American Southern Black male in his mid 30s is not accepted as a fan of the Bond series because he is not part of that uppity British upper class despite having the books, memorabilia, films, those video games, etc all because he asked a simple question about the delay and reshooting.

I am outta here.

I’m an American Northern Black male and that accusation in relation to this conversation is ridiculous.

Today, the two largest cinema chains in the US announced that until further notice, all theatrical screenings will be limited to 50% maximum occupancy.

Box-office is now effectively cut in half for any sold out showing.
    CraterGuns wrote: »
    Today, the two largest cinema chains in the US announced that until further notice, all theatrical screenings will be limited to 50% maximum occupancy.

Indeed. These will be historically low times for box office returns and audience turnout. I was going to see The Invisible Man on Sunday but it's not worth it.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 7,518
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Indeed. These will be historically low times for box office returns and audience turnout. I was going to see The Invisible Man on Sunday but it's not worth it.

Why would it be any less worth it for you? If the film is still playing in theatres, nothing's changed for the filmgoer. Given that the topic is box office returns.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Why would it be any less worth it for you? If the film is still playing in theatres, nothing's changed for the filmgoer. Given that the topic is box office returns.

With the virus becoming more and more prevalent across the country, I don't need to risk going out amongst the public in a mall, of all places, to see a movie that'll be available digitally in 1.5-2 months.