No Time to Die production thread

Comments

I absolutely love the fact that it was Cary who was interested in the job and pursued it. Interesting his name never came up in the pre-Boyle rumors. But just shows how much enthusiasm he seems to have for the project
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,126
    Call now 🤣
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Tom Hanks and his wife have the virus they are down in Australia starting pre production on the Elvis biopic Hanks plays Colonel Tom Paker. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/tom-hanks-and-wife-rita-wilson-test-positive-for-coronavirus-2020-3?amp

Sorry @007Blofeld but this has nothing to do with the production of NTTD.
    It may seem that people are jumping on your every post, but we do have rules and requests for a reason. Without them we’d have unrest and anarchy.
    If you’re not sure send any of the mod team a PM.
    Much appreciated matey.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,126
    Benny wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Tom Hanks and his wife have the virus they are down in Australia starting pre production on the Elvis biopic Hanks plays Colonel Tom Paker. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/tom-hanks-and-wife-rita-wilson-test-positive-for-coronavirus-2020-3?amp

Sorry @007Blofeld but this has nothing to do with the production of NTTD.
    It may seem that people are jumping on your every post, but we do have rules and requests for a reason. Without them we’d have unrest and anarchy.
    If you’re not sure send any of the mod team a PM.
    Much appreciated matey.

@Benny everyone else has been posting coronavirus posts before mine not saying it connects with Bond though maybe we need a dedicated thread for it. And they are attacking me for other reasons. You didn't go after @The_Return for his post first his has nothing to do with Bond either before mine I smell bias and some jumping on me.
    A thread has been created for Corona virus discussion
    Thanks
    Benny wrote: »
    A thread has been created for Corona virus discussion
    Thanks

@Benny ok cheers 😊
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 5,767
    I bet we get to November and it gets moved again. Coronaviris ain't going away soon. Or is it all fake news as a certain orange tanned buffoon likes to keep telling us.
    According to the European Centre for Desease Prevention and Control, the number of new cases in China went down massively in the last ten days. You can see the chart here:

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/geographical-distribution-2019-ncov-cases

Now I know this doesn´t garuantee anything. We don´t know if there will be more waves coming up later. But it shows at least for now that there is no continuing increase in new cases in one place.

The numbers are to be interpreted with care, because for instance the case definition was altered twice, as you can see from the description. But a decrease from 2000 per day to around 200 is probably not merely down to number inaccuracies. Unless the Chinese stopped counting.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Mansfield wrote: »
    I bet we get to November and it gets moved again. Coronaviris ain't going away soon.
    The November date has me puzzled if the delay is purely over the Covid-19. The summer would make more sense since all of the major movie markets are in the northern hemisphere. Whether or not transmission is reduced in the summer remains to be seen, though research suggests it should slow it down at least nominally. In addition to that, China’s first case was last December and 3 months later have reported increasingly fewer new cases. If you project that 3 months out for the rest of the world you have June. There’s a good chance Covid-19 will pick up steam again come fall since a vaccine or medication has not made it through development yet.

Is it because they fear running Bond up against the slate of summer blockbusters?

It’s less about fear, more that there probably simply isn’t space in the schedule to slip another huge film into cinemas in summer. To be honest I’m impressed they managed to find a slot this year! Films get release dates years in advance- they do move around but generally the slots get booked up.
    mtm wrote: »
    I bet we get to November and it gets moved again. Coronaviris ain't going away soon.
    The November date has me puzzled if the delay is purely over the Covid-19. The summer would make more sense since all of the major movie markets are in the northern hemisphere. Whether or not transmission is reduced in the summer remains to be seen, though research suggests it should slow it down at least nominally. In addition to that, China’s first case was last December and 3 months later have reported increasingly fewer new cases. If you project that 3 months out for the rest of the world you have June. There’s a good chance Covid-19 will pick up steam again come fall since a vaccine or medication has not made it through development yet.

Is it because they fear running Bond up against the slate of summer blockbusters?

It’s less about fear, more that there probably simply isn’t space in the schedule to slip another huge film into cinemas in summer. To be honest I’m impressed they managed to find a slot this year! Films get release dates years in advance- they do move around but generally the slots get booked up.

Yeah, there's that and also...November is more of a natural home for Bond.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 11,425
    I think the delayed release is as much to do with the content of the film as the BO. If it's a film about some kind of chemical/viral threat to the world then they can't release it in the middle of a real pandemic.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 76
    Contraband wrote: »
    Is this real?

It´s real! I take it from the Total Film Magazine and edit it for my NTTD Teaser Poster.

I like your artworks @mtm & @bartnikp B-)

A new No Time To Die Artwork from me. It´s a International & US Teaser Poster Release November 2020.
    I want to show the difference between the US and International versions in credits. It is interesting to see the criteria under which the PG13 rating was given.

3tddwp96.jpg

Original size on Deviant Art: http://fav.me/dds4q9a

s7u3dixg.jpg

Original size on Deviant Art: http://fav.me/dds4r1y

Enjoy!

If I were EON, I'd be using the downtime to help promote Bond and NTTD.
    Maybe in slightly poor taste.
    But
    No Time To Panic.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    GQ Magazine:

All the filming locations in No Time To Die – and how you can visit them

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/no-time-to-die-locations-james-bond
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Thx Contraband, I love Italy so maybe one day I'll pay Matera a visit. ;)
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Matera is awesome, the whole region in fact.
    I can only recommend to visit it soon, as there are not many tourists there still. It's largely unknown to the world, but won't be for much longer.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Matera looks stunning another new location is faroe island, from the article above -
    The island is so dramatic that it boasts 13 peaks and eleven valleys and is nicknamed “The Flute”, but only about 150 people actually live there. Other than them, Bond’s only company there would be puffins.
    Only 150 people :-O ? Have to pay visit sometime .
    20200303-Bond-Locations-01.jpg
    Wonderful. :-O
    They forgot Maratea-location in the article -- Swann in the water, Bond starring at her

They forgot Maratea-location in the article -- Swann in the water, Bond starring at her

And although the location was used for underwater filming, Lutvann.
    More new articles on GQ

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/tags/james-bond

Like this one: "Who will be the next James Bond?"

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/new-james-bond
    Is this real?

It´s real! I take it from the Total Film Magazine and edit it for my NTTD Teaser Poster.

I like your artworks @mtm & @bartnikp B-)

A new No Time To Die Artwork from me. It´s a International & US Teaser Poster Release November 2020.
    I want to show the difference between the US and International versions in credits. It is interesting to see the criteria under which the PG13 rating was given.

3tddwp96.jpg

Original size on Deviant Art: http://fav.me/dds4q9a

s7u3dixg.jpg

Original size on Deviant Art: http://fav.me/dds4r1y

Enjoy!

WOW THIS IS GREAT. Way better than any of the official posters.

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 1,261
    Burgess wrote: »
    The_Return wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Coronavirus: Poland, India, Lebanon, Kuwait Among New Countries To Close Cinemas
    https://deadline.com/2020/03/coronavirus-poland-india-lebanon-kuwait-among-new-countries-close-cinemas-1202879447

Show Stopper: Coronavirus Sends Hollywood Into Unprecedented Crisis
    https://variety.com/2020/biz/news/hollywood-coronavirus-entertainment-industry-movies-festivals-1203529795/
    One thing is clear: Barbara Broccoli's decision to delay the release of NTTD was a very strong and very good decision. Bravo Barbara and thank you!

+1

+ 2

Over here in Germany more and more public events get cancelled, theatres, sports events of all kinds, cinemas and what have you. And it is almost impossible to squeeze in a movie in the summer blockbuster seaon on such short notice, because there are already a lot of movies getting released.

Yes. Summer is jam packed. Black Widow, Tenet, Wonder Woman 1984, Top Gun, F9 etc. You would struggle to find a clean two week block for Bond to sit into.

Whereas the only thing that it has to worry about in November is Godzilla vs. Kong, and even that might not pose too much of an issue.

I agree with all these points. Another consideration may have been IMAX - there are several summer movies being released in IMAX, and since NTTD has been (partially) filmed in that format, they obviously want to be able to have the IMAX schedule open. Perhaps the fall was the first opening they could get. As disappointing as it is to all of us, I think November really was the most logical decision.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Yes. Summer is jam packed. Black Widow, Tenet, Wonder Woman 1984, Top Gun, F9 etc. You would struggle to find a clean two week block for Bond to sit into.

Whereas the only thing that it has to worry about in November is Godzilla vs. Kong, and even that might not pose too much of an issue.

I agree with all these points. Another consideration may have been IMAX - there are several summer movies being released in IMAX, and since NTTD has been (partially) filmed in that format, they obviously want to be able to have the IMAX schedule open. Perhaps the fall was the first opening they could get. As disappointing as it is to all of us, I think November really was the most logical decision.

Agreed.

And on top of that, November has been Bond's home for a long time now.

Welcome home, James.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    A quiet place part 2 has been delayed per Jim Halpert the director
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?

Yep. Theyre staring to be moved now. Perhaps in hindsight it was smart for EoN to jump first and nab the best date in November?

Obviously just a prank he's pulling on Dwight 😉

But seriously, it's a good move
    Total lockdown here in Denmark. Cinemas closed until further notice.

Feel pretty ashamed of myself for expressing that postponing NTTD was an overreaction. That was then. But they were just way ahead of me and many people here.

Luckily I have a mancave, a projector and a Bond collection :-)

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited March 2020 Posts: 2,630
    Fast and Furious 9’s release just got pushed back AN ENTIRE YEAR.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/fast-and-furious-9-vin-diesel-coronavirus-1203531860/
    Fast and Furious 9’s release just got pushed back AN ENTIRE YEAR.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/fast-and-furious-9-vin-diesel-coronavirus-1203531860/

:-O