No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    There's a "new" official poster in town, with the new release date.

cjPXrNK.jpg

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I think I’ve figured a good chunk of the plot based on the tv spots and trailers alone.

Basically Safin has created a private army of genetically enhanced soldiers that never age or have an extended lifespan created chemically or a virus so to speak. This is why bond is redundant in his words.

I’m thinking the kidnapped scientist has the knowledge and is working on or already gave Safin the power of reverse engineering the virus to become lethal to be used as a weapon. This is probably how he smokes everyone out at the Cuba Spectre meeting. He holds the key to life and death.

Safin saves Madeline on the lake, she owes him. I’m thinking she rejects some sort of communication she receives from him in Matera and he sends the assassins after them. It must be connected to Safin if primo works for him.

If I had to guess the film closes out with that tense shootout in the forest at the Norway cabin. Bond ,Safin and Madeline all face off and at least one or two out them die.

That scene with bond walking down the road tired and worn looking I have a feeling comes after that confrontation.
    I think at least most of this is accurate.

Yep I'm thinking too he has like an army of clones
  • MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/daniel-craig-trump-no-time-to-die-180155292.html

Personally, I like my Bond films to have a dash of reality in terms of plot. The comments section on that article indicates otherwise, so hopefully the political overtones are neutral or at a minimum otherwise it may result in further financial doom for the picture.
  • RC7RC7
    Contraband wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »

I actually don't think I've seen anyone else using that headline so far- good work Cineplex! :D

@mtm Question: Are you behind that cool NTTD-poster with inspiration from the old Octopussy-poster?

Thanks, yeah- that's me :) I posted it here in the Fan Art thread earlier:
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/10519/no-time-to-die-fan-arts/p40
    Just for a bit of fun, from through a hole in time where No Time To Die was made in 1983 :)

xgCAkZa.jpg

@mtm Great. Just made a tweet with cred

I want this poster.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.

Marcos, what I know is that the gun in the poster was changed from a PPK to a SIG Sauer P226R. A reliable source said last year that we can expect to see more SIG P226 action than PPK in the film. The empty leg holster in both posters remains unchanged, and it's for the SIG.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    That poster is brilliant!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    NTTD is no longer the only wide US release to be delayed: Peter Rabbit 2 has bee pushed back from April 3 to August 7, 2020.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/peter-rabbit-2-pushed-august-coronavirus-fears-1283449?
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I know NTTD wasn't shot with November in mind....but Craig joins Connery and in a way Dalton, as the Bond without a Ski sequence.
    Mansfield wrote: »
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/daniel-craig-trump-no-time-to-die-180155292.html

Personally, I like my Bond films to have a dash of reality in terms of plot. The comments section on that article indicates otherwise, so hopefully the political overtones are neutral or at a minimum otherwise it may result in further financial doom for the picture.

Daniel Craig's James Bond is a Bernie bro...

Interesting analysis from Craig. I think you can't avoid politics in a spy film - touching on geo-politics even in a light way is essential. In SF we had hints of a post-Wikileaks world and in SP the Snowden leaks played a role.

I think referencing something quite as partisan as Trump or Brexit would be a mistake in mainstream blockbuster. But touching on some of the ideas behind those movements - nationalism, sovereignty, etc - could be interesting. Though it shouldn't detract from the characters.

I actually don't think I've seen anyone else using that headline so far- good work Cineplex! :D

@mtm Question: Are you behind that cool NTTD-poster with inspiration from the old Octopussy-poster?

Just for a bit of fun, from through a hole in time where No Time To Die was made in 1983 :)

xgCAkZa.jpg

I wish I had that kind of talent. What I wouldn't give for you to create posters like this for all the Bond films that never got a beautiful poster like this. Was it from License to Kill onwards?
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

xgCAkZa.jpg

How much? ^:)^
    There's a "new" official poster in town, with the new release date.

cjPXrNK.jpg
    Clever, they didn´t write the year ;-).

Mansfield wrote: »

There are many Bondmovies that don't have a "dash" of reality in terms of plot. I'd say about 70% of them. :>
  • Shardlake wrote: »
    Utter BS it hasn't tested badly at all.

Unlikely it has been test at all yet.

I agree.
    I am still sad that Craig is leaving the role was hoping he was gonna do 6
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I still think that part of the delay all the way to November is that Eon creatively came up with a "real world" plot that, unfortunately, mirrors the real world.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 2,436
    echo wrote: »
    I still think that part of the delay all the way to November is that Eon creatively came up with a "real world" plot that, unfortunately, mirrors the real world.

I think this is the case.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2020 Posts: 4,416
    HaphazardStuff style, Positives things about the delay:

The Rhythem Section can take over Bond release date and count of cinema screens.

More time for Hans Zimmer composing the music.
    We possible get alternate version of Billie her song with more music of Hans Zimmer.

If Bond 26 stil be released in November 2022 is les waiting between NTTD and Bond 26.
    2008 - 2015 we get two movies in 007 years, with a release of Bond 26 in 2022 we also get 2 movies in 007 years (2015 - 2022).

On the day and time that you plan to watch the movie in the cinema, you take a look in to your Bluray or DVD collection and finaly watch a movie of 150 minutes or longer. Another positive thing, you can watch it full with the end credits.

If the weather is nice in April and May you can go outside, whyle in November and December it is cold.

More Mod Edit fantasy's from Mi6 members.

If people go to watch that Christopher Nolan movie and if you don't like it you can clean it with No Time To Die (and also if you like it): you know there wil come a movie you possible like more.

The year jump is closer if you believe in it that is easier to vergot things if you don't like the movie. You be faster in the new year and even faster if you deside to wait in watching the movie for 2-3 weaks after the release.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 725
    Have you lads seen this? Sam Mendes SPEAKS. Says making our beloved Bond NOT A HEALTHY WAY TO WORK. Claims when he thinks of Bond HIS STOMACH CHURNS.

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/03/sam-mendes-james-bond-not-healthy-work-1202216364/amp/
    Have you lads seen this? Sam Mendes SPEAKS. Says making our beloved Bond NOT A HEALTHY WAY TO WORK. Claims when he thinks of Bond HIS STOMACH CHURNS.

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/03/sam-mendes-james-bond-not-healthy-work-1202216364/amp/

Sigh.
    Reading between the lines here Mendes doesn’t particularly like the way Eon work and operate. He also indicates yes you can’t please all Bond fans.

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    JamesCraig wrote: »

Sigh.

Let's not overreact and overlook this key quote, here, from Mendes: "It’s just so hard. You feel like the England football manager. You think, if I win, I’ll survive. If I lose, I’ll be pilloried. There is no victory. Just survival."

He's right. This isn't worthy of criticism but it'll come. And Mendes haters will use this article as ammunition.

• J_Bryce777J_Bryce777 San Francisco
    TripAces wrote: »

Sigh.

Let's not overreact and overlook this key quote, here, from Mendes: "It’s just so hard. You feel like the England football manager. You think, if I win, I’ll survive. If I lose, I’ll be pilloried. There is no victory. Just survival."

He's right. This isn't worthy of criticism but it'll come. And Mendes haters will use this article as ammunition.

Kudos to you for reading it like an adult. It is so easy nowadays to misconstrue what a person says.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Sigh.

I'm a "Mendes hater," I suppose, when it comes to his Bond films but I wouldn't use it as ammunition. I totally get where he's coming from. Even with a massive hit like SF, you're simply not going to please any and every Bond fan. That's the case with any director and any film.
    Reading between the lines here Mendes doesn’t particularly like the way Eon work and operate. He also indicates yes you can’t please all Bond fans.

Eon gave him huge creative space and also paid him a fortune. Mendes is very privileged. Always has been. He has no idea how lucky he has been. I like SF, but he fucked up SP.

• Have you lads seen this? Sam Mendes SPEAKS. Says making our beloved Bond NOT A HEALTHY WAY TO WORK. Claims when he thinks of Bond HIS STOMACH CHURNS.

EON has got to create a working environment that is more director friendly. Everything would be so much easier and the final results would be so much better if they followed these two very simple and obvious rules:

1. When a Bond film is released, immediately start working on the next Bond film's script.
    2. Don't even think about announcing a release date before you have a script.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    QBranch wrote: »
    Yep, SFX one here, and the poster has the April release date, increasing its value:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49537017778_d55a9899e1_o.png

xgCAkZa.jpg

It would be cool if you could produce a run of these, and have them for sale for MI6 Community members; like an official MI6 Fan Poster for NTTD... I wonder if you wouldn't be allowed to sell it though...

Anyway I know you'd sell tons! And I'd be first in line!

Sigh.

I was sighing at the way Benjamin "introduced" it.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited March 2020 Posts: 4,247
    The Bond franchise was Cubby's life....Something he ate, drank, slept & Dreamt. His Children were never going to have his exact kind of appetite for Bond. If Cubby were still alive, Craig might have done 8-9 films....Considering he's the longest serving Bond.
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Eon gave him huge creative space and also paid him a fortune. Mendes is very privileged. Always has been. He has no idea how lucky he has been. I like SF, but he fucked up SP.

Most of the creative freedom goes to Craig
    Yes he partially is to blame for Spectre but he can only direct what Eon , Barbara and the writers bring to him as their idea for a film.

Same goes for the actors like Waltz. He can only work with what he’s given