No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Red_Snow wrote: »
    Disney are in a stronger position than MGM to endure any such damage to their box office.

Though, I think they will be watching Mulan very closely when (/if) it opens in 3 weeks. There is a huge chance that cinemas will close in the USA and that Europe will go into shut-down. That means Black Widow will have to rely on a slimmed down marketing campaign for a pittance at the box office.

Personally, I think we can start the countdown towards Black Widow’s delay….I'm curious how Warner Bros will respond. They have both WW84 and Tenet. I'd be more nervous about the latter.

I think they'll move Tenet to Dune's slot. Sell it to Nolan for the bigger box office and the Oscar push.

I'm surprised 'Black Widow' hasn't been delayed. From all I've read, it's expected that BW will have a much smaller box office intake than recent Marvel releases.
    Perhaps they count on some competition to delay, giving them potentially more income.

• Mark Tildesley: “Unfortunately Danny’s crazy, madcap ideas didn’t quite tie up with what Barbara and Michael had planned. It was definitely a good thing to do. Maybe another time though. I’m revving Barbara up to have another go with Danny.
  • Thinking optimistically, if the Coronavirus
    clears up sooner than expected, hopefully EON might release the film a month or two earlier than expected. I'd be very happy with that.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Thinking optimistically, if the Coronavirus
    clears up sooner than expected, hopefully EON might release the film a month or two earlier than expected. I'd be very happy with that.

I don't think so its getting worse in the u.s. and in Italy.
    I've had several days to get used to the idea of a November release. I was, and am, gutted, but I understand the decision. However, the thing that terrifies me is the idea that things have gotten worse by November and they delay it again. I think my brain might actually implode at that point.
  • I've had several days to get used to the idea of a November release. I was, and am, gutted, but I understand the decision. However, the thing that terrifies me is the idea that things have gotten worse by November and they delay it again. I think my brain might actually implode at that point.

It's too early to call right now. But I am preparing myself for another delay, and least not getting my hopes up that it will be released this year.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I've had several days to get used to the idea of a November release. I was, and am, gutted, but I understand the decision. However, the thing that terrifies me is the idea that things have gotten worse by November and they delay it again. I think my brain might actually implode at that point.

It's too early to call right now. But I am preparing myself for another delay, and least not getting my hopes up that it will be released this year.

I am optimistic that over the course of summer, with the heat and a greater public awareness, this issue will have faded by early October. Chances are good that a vaccine will be in place by this time next year.
  • I've had several days to get used to the idea of a November release. I was, and am, gutted, but I understand the decision. However, the thing that terrifies me is the idea that things have gotten worse by November and they delay it again. I think my brain might actually implode at that point.

Completely agree with this. That's why I hope by some miracle that ends up being released earlier. I really feel numb and depressed just from this delay.
    I'm surprised 'Black Widow' hasn't been delayed. From all I've read, it's expected that BW will have a much smaller box office intake than recent Marvel releases.

I've read in a few articles that delaying it would muck up their schedule for their next handful of films and Disney+ series (which are designed to link heavily to the films) - the next film after Black Widow (The Eternals) is coming out in the UK a week before No Time to Die now is.
  • weboffearweboffear Scotland
    UK government are 10 to 14 days away from asking anyone who show even minor signs of respiratory tract infections or a fever to self isolate https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51807781
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I believe another reason Eon Chose November, apart from it being their desired month, is probably coz they don't want to postpone the film again. Coz they could easily have said June/July, before moving it to November again....that's if the Virus haven't gone, which would even annoy fans more. So I think November is a good enough time to wait & see how the situation unfolds. I hope not, but come November & the situation hasn't improved, i don't know how feasible this might be....but Eon might Consider doing a Netflix, Coz I really can't see or imagine them delaying the film again. But then again, Hopefully by November things should be back to normal.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    This is the fifth time a Bond film gets released in November.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    EON does not have to apologise for the Corona virus, as they did not create it and did not contribute for it to spread. This is just force majeur. And as others pointed it, there are reasons to take this serious.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Thinking optimistically, if the Coronavirus

You know, that the release dates are not decided on short notice. The summer release schdeule usually is rather packed, so the best slot they could find, probably was November 12. And they probably did not think abpout delaying some weeks before, otherwise they would not have launched Billie Eilish's song including the live performance at the Brit Awards. And I am as disappointed as everybody else about the dleay, looking forward to April. But now it will be November, and we have to live with it. And there are far more worse things than delaying the opening of a Bond movie.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 348
    And there are far more worse things than delaying the opening of a Bond movie.

Yes of course there are - it would at serve as a much needed distraction from the news at the moment.
    EON does not have to apologise for the Corona virus, as they did not create it and did not contribute for it to spread. This is just force majeur. And as others pointed it, there are reasons to take this serious.

I know however an apology in their announcement re. delaying the film would have softened the blow a little bit in acknowledging that millions of people (not just Bond fans) have been looking forward to this movie - especially since tickets still went on sale just 2 days beforehand.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,277
    There's a "new" official poster in town, with the new release date.

cjPXrNK.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Heh! Thanks for that: I hope the poster company charged them loads for that! :D
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    GQ should do another pictorial for the next Benoit Blanc movie. With or without Photoshop, Craig would be in a much different shape.
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Re the tabloid news about Daniel Craig returning for a sixth Bond film,

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/tabloids-claim-daniel-craig-may-now-be-tempted-to-a-sixth-film-200306

... at the start of his Saturday Night Live show monologue on 7th March he did reiterate NTTD is his last film. If he were to return he'd have to give a credible explanation.

I suppose he could say "I changed my mind" which is fair enough, he's entitled to change his mind. However, given the amount of times he's said this is his final film it might come over a bit hollow. My gut feeling is NTTD will be his last but you never know what can happen. Just last week we all thought NTTD was out in April but things happen and it's all change!

The GQ photos are heavily photoshopped.

daniel-craig-gq-cover-april-2020.jpg

daniel-craig-gq-cover-april-2020-09.jpg

Craig's real face is not that smooth and youthful. Watch his SNL performance to see he looks much older than he does in those photos. It's a shame magazines resort to that fakery. It's dishonest marketing. Oh well. As long as people know they're being deceived it's not such a big deal.

The real Daniel Craig:

daniel-craig-saturday-night-live-2020-1583751365.jpg?resize=768:*

Re the current marking of the film, it's going to be weird to have another batch of magazine promotion in November. This is a strange time in the franchise. James Bond will return... in November. :)

Twice the fun. NTTD is kinda................You Only Live Twice.
    I think I’ve figured a good chunk of the plot based on the tv spots and trailers alone.

Basically Safin has created a private army of genetically enhanced soldiers that never age or have an extended lifespan created chemically or a virus so to speak. This is why bond is redundant in his words.

I’m thinking the kidnapped scientist has the knowledge and is working on or already gave Safin the power of reverse engineering the virus to become lethal to be used as a weapon. This is probably how he smokes everyone out at the Cuba Spectre meeting. He holds the key to life and death.

Safin saves Madeline on the lake, she owes him. I’m thinking she rejects some sort of communication she receives from him in Matera and he sends the assassins after them. It must be connected to Safin if primo works for him.

If I had to guess the film closes out with that tense shootout in the forest at the Norway cabin. Bond ,Safin and Madeline all face off and at least one or two out them die.

That scene with bond walking down the road tired and worn looking I have a feeling comes after that confrontation.
    I think at least most of this is accurate.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Dan is indeed aging well in my opinion but the touch-ups are painfully obvious in those photos. They look like they were taken around CR/QOS!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
  • I sincerely hope NTTD hasn't been tested badly. This film has to be a success otherwise EON could be in some serious bother. It's strange how Marvel/ Disney haven't shifted their upcoming product. Looks like we will get to see Black Widow scenes shot in Norway first.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Utter BS it hasn't tested badly at all.

Unlikely it has been test at all yet.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Hah! Pretty good, @M_Balje.

14. Won't have to listen to complaints about Spectre and No Time To Die for another 7 months.

Shardlake wrote: »
    Utter BS it hasn't tested badly at all.

Unlikely it has been test at all yet.

It almost definitely has by this point in time I would guess...but it’s done
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Contraband wrote: »

I actually don't think I've seen anyone else using that headline so far- good work Cineplex! :D
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    mtm wrote: »

I actually don't think I've seen anyone else using that headline so far- good work Cineplex! :D

@mtm Question: Are you behind that cool NTTD-poster with inspiration from the old Octopussy-poster?

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2020 Posts: 14,861

@mtm Question: Are you behind that cool NTTD-poster with inspiration from the old Octopussy-poster?

Thanks, yeah- that's me :) I posted it here in the Fan Art thread earlier:
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/10519/no-time-to-die-fan-arts/p40
    Just for a bit of fun, from through a hole in time where No Time To Die was made in 1983 :)

xgCAkZa.jpg
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,018

Thanks, yeah- that's me :) I posted it here in the Fan Art thread earlier:
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/10519/no-time-to-die-fan-arts/p40
    Just for a bit of fun, from through a hole in time where No Time To Die was made in 1983 :)

xgCAkZa.jpg

@mtm Great. Just made a tweet with cred