No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited March 2020 Posts: 4,247
    Am guessing even if by some miracle the Virus goes away by July/August, Eon is very much likely to stick with November....as they always see November as their Month & one they are comfortable & confident with.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Box-office wise, BAD BOYS FOR LIFE must be feeling grateful at the moment.

Bad Boys For Life was released almost two months ago...
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited March 2020 Posts: 4,247
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Box-office wise, BAD BOYS FOR LIFE must be feeling grateful at the moment.

Bad Boys For Life was released almost two months ago...

Yep, that's what I meant....fortuitous business without the virus in mind...imagine if it released as soon as this somewhat virus-stampede started, it wouldn't have made 400million on a 90million Budget.
  • Can I have my Bond film please?

If I had to delay the film, I would have pushed it back to July or August at the latest as the Coronavirus would have probably have dissipated in the summer heat, not November when it's getting cold again and it could possibly be back by then.

I'm not a particularly social person so I'm not really into gigs, festivals, large sporting events or holidays abroad so a new James Bond film (especially after a 5 year gap) is incredibly important to me - I've been a fan since the age of 9 (just before Die Another Day came out) and I'm 27 now. Compared to those examples, catching the Coronavirus from a single afternoon or evening at the cinema is very unlikely. I'm not going to be scared away from going to the cinema.

Even for casual cinema goers, a new Bond film would be a welcome piece of escapism from constant news updates for a few hours. Life can't just stop for the next 6 months.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Can I have my Bond film please?

If I had to delay the film, I would have pushed it back to July or August at the latest as the Coronavirus would have probably have dissipated in the summer heat, not November when it's getting cold again and it could possibly be back by then.

I'm not a particularly social person so I'm not really into gigs, festivals, large sporting events or holidays abroad so a new James Bond film (especially after a 5 year gap) is incredibly important to me - I've been a fan since the age of 9 (just before Die Another Day came out) and I'm 27 now. Compared to those examples, catching the Coronavirus from a single afternoon or evening at the cinema is very unlikely. I'm not going to be scared away from going to the cinema.

Even for casual cinema goers, a new Bond film would be a welcome piece of escapism from constant news updates for a few hours. Life can't just stop for the next 6 months.

You're gonna have it anyway. The film is not canceled.

Ah, there's no evidence the virus will slow down with a warmer weather.
  • I know the film hasn't been cancelled.

That's true, but then there's no evidence that the virus will slow down / be gone by November either.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    4c8Q3XZ.jpg

Some new stills from Gravina bridge shoot. Crew prepping the first level. Jump performed by stuntman David R Grant, Craig's stuntdouble

My italian source says sorry to you all for the low quality.

aYOqgxB.jpg
    CYMmhsu.jpg
    bAsKUJo.jpg
    wyxpzN5.jpg

Screencaps:

qfcDxFC.jpg
    nqs9TcW.jpg

Supposed plot leak going around on 4chan. However @antovolk claims it doesn’t sync up with what we know from the production. Still worth being cautious
  • Bounine wrote: »
    Trump said that America were number one on the list for most effective measures in containing Corona. :)

Does anyone know if there's any truth to this?:

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/tabloids-claim-daniel-craig-may-now-be-tempted-to-a-sixth-film-200306

Fake news.

PS I really hope Bond shows Nomi he is still top agent.im all for female empowerment but not at Bonds expense. Fleming would be going
    mental right now if he was around. Also I hope Wade and Purves deliver with this as my goodwill t them is in short supply.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Supposed plot leak going around on 4chan. However @antovolk claims it doesn’t sync up with what we know from the production. Still worth being cautious

It's utter bollocks
    Bounine wrote: »
    Trump said that America were number one on the list for most effective measures in containing Corona. :)

Does anyone know if there's any truth to this?:

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/tabloids-claim-daniel-craig-may-now-be-tempted-to-a-sixth-film-200306

Fake news.

PS I really hope Bond shows Nomi he is still top agent.im all for female empowerment but not at Bonds expense. Fleming would be going
    mental right now if he was around. Also I hope Wade and Purves deliver with this as my goodwill t them is in short supply.
    You can decide between at least four writing parties whom you want to give your goodwill ;-).
  • peterpeter Toronto

Laughable synopsis. Utter BS.
    peter wrote: »

Laughable synopsis. Utter BS.

Worth being cautious :)) :)) :)) P2D you kill sometimes.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Curious to hear what that synopsis says.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

It says
    Bang! Blood dribbles down. We're on a submarine. Two sailors sit down and have a game of chess. Then the cups start wobbling and then a man who used to be in The Onedin Line comes in and goes "Why are the cups wobbling? What's going on?" And then... he peers down the periscope thing and looks through it and goes, "Oh my God. The submarine's being eaten by a giant tanker." And then we cut to Moscow. And there's a man there and he's Russian, he's got eyebrows, you know, and he's on the phone going "What, a whole submarine? You're joking! I'm gonna have to tell some other Russians. See ya!" Right, and then, and then it cuts to James - Roger Moore - and er, yes, he's with a lady. Yeah, yeah. He's, he's necking with her. And he goes, "I've got to go, love. Something's come up."
    Anyway, then he, he, he puts on his underpants and his ski suit and he gets on his skis and he starts skiing. And he's being chased by these Russian shits in black jumpsuits with lemon piping. And, er, he's just skiing along like that, and they start shooting at him, and he goes "Right, I've had enough of that! Just stop it!" And he turns round with his gun and then he does a backward somersault off this ramp and he lands on his feet, uh, I'm not sure why, but he's not showing off. And then, then he goes over a cliff and he's falling and you think, oh God, James Bond's going to die! He's going to die! But then at the last minute...
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España

It's here: http://boards.4channel.org/search#/james bond/tv/3
    The stuff with M seems a little far-fetched, but for the most part I could see a lot of that playing out. That being said I think it’s just someone’s idea rather than a legitimate leak. I do think the film’s story will get out before release though.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    The stuff with M is off the charts loony. It was a good laugh
    How can anyone think this is credible at all?

Any element of this bat*** crazy, has Lee Tamohori taken control of the production and rewritten
    it secretly.

You guys do make me laugh thinking any of this could be true.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Bounine wrote: »
    I don't know but it's very, very, very believable.

• RC7RC7
    FoxRox wrote: »
    “For a woman, she is very witty.”

I’m not a PC policeman, but....

I suggest listening to his comments on JBR rather than reading them out of context in a rag. He was taking the piss. If you’ve ever heard Wade speak before that’s his style. He’s very dry. I like him. He isn’t up his own arse and he does what’s asked of him without any fuss. A lot of his ideas tend to be preferable to those we actually get in the finished films but he gets on with it.
  • RC7 wrote: »
    He was taking the piss.
    Well, he should be DRINKING the piss after making that sexist joke.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    normal_InStyleMen_Spring2020_001_DCF.jpg

normal_InStyleMen_Spring2020_002_DCF.jpg

normal_InStyleMen_Spring2020_003_DCF.jpg

normal_InStyleMen_Spring2020_004_DCF.jpg

normal_InStyleMen_Spring2020_005_DCF.jpg

The international box office for Onward was truly dismal. Only $28 million in 47 territories.

https://deadline.com/2020/03/onward-the-insivible-man-sonic-the-hedgehog-coronavirus-impact-global-international-box-office-1202876983/

The corona virus isn't having a big impact on the US box office yet. But it's a different story overseas. I just can't see how Disney can feasibly justify releasing Mulan or black Widow.

Bond can't be the outlier. I genuinely thought someone would have blinked by now.......the question is which film will move next.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Are the stills which have been released collected anywhere that we know of?
    With so much publicity and tie -ins being promoted already it will be interesting to see what the second wave of promotion looks like in Nov.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    ggl007 wrote: »

It's here: http://boards.4channel.org/search#/james bond/tv/3

Yikes
  • The corona virus isn't having a big impact on the US box office yet. But it's a different story overseas. I just can't see how Disney can feasibly justify releasing Mulan or black Widow.

Bond can't be the outlier. I genuinely thought someone would have blinked by now.......the question is which film will move next.

Hopefully, no other films will. As much as we need to be careful, life goes on (as the news, carry on as normal). We can't just avoid everything out and about for months on end otherwise (for example) all cinemas and theatres might as well close down now and we don't leave our homes. People need a welcome distraction from the news and films (especially James Bond films) are exactly that - which is exactly why I think it was such a stupid thing to do in delaying it - essentially feeding people's fears about the virus. When I heard about that open letter to EON I thought it was a stupid thing to suggest and that it couldn't possibly happen especially when the film had been delayed twice already. People need to exercise caution but not give in to hysteria because that will just make everything seem worse.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited March 2020 Posts: 4,343
    The corona virus isn't having a big impact on the US box office yet. But it's a different story overseas. I just can't see how Disney can feasibly justify releasing Mulan or black Widow.

Hopefully, no other films will. As much as we need to be careful, life goes on (as the news, carry on as normal). We can't just avoid everything out and about for months on end otherwise (for example) all cinemas and theatres might as well close down now and we don't leave our homes. People need a welcome distraction from the news and films (especially James Bond films) are exactly that - which is exactly why I think it was such a stupid thing to do in delaying it - essentially feeding people's fears about the virus. When I heard about that open letter to EON I thought it was a stupid thing to suggest and that it couldn't possibly happen especially when the film had been delayed twice already. People need to exercise caution but not give in to hysteria because that will just make everything seem worse.

LOL

The only way to “stop” this virus right now is keeping social contacts at minimum. Just look at Hong Kong and what they were able to accomplish just so close to China. People need to understand that.

(Obviously hysteria must be avoided at every cost).